Game Thread Chapter 1: Fractured Reality - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Pathfinder RPG: City of Tears > Archives
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

"The rock does seem the more prudent course of action" agreed Brother Damian, "Though unless you know what direction its in we'll be wandering aimless either way. So unless either of you really have a direction you wish to go we'll go this way, besides we can walk and talk at the same time." The priest starts walking off in a random direction hoping to find some better vantage point along the way, unless one of the others stops him.
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!
  #107  
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Timeless Prophet's Avatar
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet is offline
Posing As A Team.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 21st, 2013
RPXP: 205
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet
Posts: 1,812
[Ophelia, Beau]
A slight breeze blows past the elf and gnome as they trade weapons and words. The sweet scent that had seemingly enticed them past the threshold of the door to their current location passes by their nostrils again. The sounds of animals slowly begin to fade in the distance until they are replaced by the sound of silence. A large pounding noise comes from the door behind the two. As the two turn to look a large metal hook comes crashing through the door. A large chunk of the door is ripped loose as the hook is pulled back.

Ophelia is immediately shocked. The chain monstrosity that had followed the elf before is now standing just beyond the door. A lone groan emanates from the beast as it raises its arm and swings its rusty hook into the door once more.

[Sydney, Emma, Damian, Allen]
"I don't believe you'll find anything following that old coot's direction...*Teehee*" comes a voice from the canopy with an innocent giggle. "She hasn't got any clue...that one it is...she's like us *whistle* not all quite right in the head. We can see it in her...like a flame...the madness that is...well we see it in all things...but she just talks funny...ker ree!"

The canopy rustles and suddenly a human sized figure appears on one of the trees at one end of the opening. The figure is covered in a blue-black hair and has clawed feet and clawed hands. Long black hair hangs down its face it drops to the ground. It stands you would guess it to be a human no older than ten or eleven if it weren't for the body hair. The figure appears incredibly well muscled and agile as it dances about on the ground.

"Ker key...ker ah...lost in the house of the green things are we? Not knowing which way is up, down, left, or right? Not knowing where the keys....ker eeee ker ahhh...to thy....ker arrrrrrrgggggggg." The beast clutches its head in pain and before twisting forward. It rises again the hair moved away from its bright yellow eyes. "Have no fear mother nature is here!" The beast suddenly stops seemingly noticing something that none of the party seems to. "Except for him...his foul stench has come again...come to trample our pretty flowers."
__________________
"What frightens us about the carnival, I think, is not that it will come to town. Or that it will leave town, which it always does. What frightens us is the possibility that it will leave forever, and never come back, and take us with it when it goes." ~Charles Unwin, The Manual of Detection
  #108  
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Pojo's Avatar
Pojo Pojo is offline
A Flightless Pheonix
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 9th, 2017
RPXP: 1515
Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo
Posts: 2,411
"Oh, how delightful, a parrot!" the old woman cries, clapping her hands together from her position her back on the ground. "Wait, no. That's the other thing. You're a... what's the word. Hang on a moment. I'm sure I had it. Thing-that-lives-in-the-trees-and-shouts-crypticisms. Yes, that was it. Well, yes, something stinks in here, but it isn't I, oh no, I'd never do that in the midst of pleasant company. I'm not one to point fingers, though, even when there are certain rules about who smelt it first, if you'd forgotten, but all in all I expect like most stenches it will pass if you ignore it for long enough."
  #109  
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
"Oh dear. Friend of yours?" Beau asks, sensing some familiarity in the elf's reactions. "I daresay I'd not like to meet him heads-on," the gnome continues, gesturing towards it with the business end of his crossbow. "Do we, ah, retreat, or do you know something about it I do not?"
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #110  
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 08:38 PM
BrokenPlayer's Avatar
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer is offline
Come here often?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Posts: 5,995
Sydney Rose had found a small rock after she had landed and had sat upon it for several moments, watching the other individuals and their mannerisms. She was shocked to have discovered such a varied of people, yet somehow she knew that those people would cross her path numerous times throughout her life. But Sydney merely sat quietly, watching the others, before an elderly lady appeared before her and scurried up a tree.

Silence overtook Sydney, and when she was about to speak a young boy fell from the same tree the old woman had climbed and sputtered some near-incoherent common at the group. Standing up slowly, Sydney approaches the group of individuals once more, this time getting her thoughts together.

"Hey," she says as she moves into the group, "sorry about the whole silence-bit. I needed to sort some things out." Her beautiful blue eyes move towards the new boy as she asks, "What's his problem?"

OOCGah, been sick and still fighting it off. Cognitive abilities are still low. XD
__________________
  #111  
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Jinx_Greyflower's Avatar
Jinx_Greyflower Jinx_Greyflower is offline
Lovin' McLovin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2009
RPXP: 93
Jinx_Greyflower
Posts: 2,985
[Ophelia]

"Go ahead and start looking for an avenue of retreat if you like," Ophelia responds, stabbing her rapier into the ground. "I wanna see what this thing is made of." She draws her bow, nocks an arrow and lets fly, watching as the arrow sails through the air towards her target.
__________________
"...the good guy is gonna win! How? Because I have a weapon you'll never wield...Love! Also, an incredibly powerful laser."
- Wiley Schlub
  #112  
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 09:27 PM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
"Uh, ah, uh, well, that is, I... Oh, what the hells. I can't leave you to fight on your own!" the gnome says as he fires his crossbow in the general direction of the thing. "It's bad karma, you know," he says as he fumbles for another bolt to load and takes a quick look around to find any available escape routes, in case things go awry.
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #113  
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 11:21 PM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

Another? He's crazy enough to be her husband... maybe he is thought the cleric stopping his departure from their landing zone, glad that he might not have to leave with no proper direction in mind.

"Don't know what stench your talking about" he said facing the new comer, werewolf?, "but any help you could offer in escaping this glass cage would be appreciated."
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!
  #114  
Old Oct 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Timeless Prophet's Avatar
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet is offline
Posing As A Team.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 21st, 2013
RPXP: 205
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet
Posts: 1,812
[Ophelia, Beau]
Both your projectiles soar through the door and strike the creature on the other side. Beau scrambles to find a viable escape route but his scan reveals on winding paths filled with rocks and overgrowth, nothing that seems too promising. The beast roars before the two hear a crash of wood shattering. Splinters fly into their face slashes at them. The beast roars as it rumbles forward.

OOC Would the two of you please roll initiative and a reflex save. Also please link rolls like you have been. I really appreciate it. It helps a lot.


[Damian, Allen, Emma, Sydney]
The beast stares oddly at Emma. "You're an odd one...kerrreeeeyy...but your aura is strong and vibrant...I's likes it...kerreeeyyy...but what is this parrot you speak of....is it a pretty thing? I have never seens the likes of it...or maybe I have.....carrrrneallll .... koooorreee..." The creature scratches itself inquisitively. The creature spins around Emma, dancing and waves its arms about wildly behind the old woman.

It then proceeds to cross the clearing to Damian where it gets very close to him. It stares him in the face as it twists its head around. "You haven't seen...kerreyyyy...him? The others have....oh so pretty the one and short and fat the other...seen him they have they have....keeeehiiissss." It appears to his hiss at Damian for a moment. "Its foul stench is getting worse....it is...it is...kerrreeeyyyy...REAKS IN HERE!!!!" The creatures grabs its face and begins heaving gulps of air in and out almost as if it were in pain. "BLOOD iS WhaT I SmeLlS it is!!!! FoUL and STinKy BLoOd!!!" It screams again in Damian's face. It twirls around and makes a dash for the nearest tree. It slams into the tree bouncing off and landing on the earth with a thud.

"No escape...as long as it is here...why would you want to leave the pretties..." the creature vaguely mumbles as it lies its bloodied head down on the ground.
__________________
"What frightens us about the carnival, I think, is not that it will come to town. Or that it will leave town, which it always does. What frightens us is the possibility that it will leave forever, and never come back, and take us with it when it goes." ~Charles Unwin, The Manual of Detection
  #115  
Old Oct 17th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Pojo's Avatar
Pojo Pojo is offline
A Flightless Pheonix
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 9th, 2017
RPXP: 1515
Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo
Posts: 2,411
The old woman stands, clutching the tiny chicken to her chest as she pets it, nodding vigorously. "Yes, right, blood, no escape, of course. We understood all of that. Didn't we, Prometheus?"

She leans in close to the priest. "Psst! Perhaps we should leave." She gesticulates with her finger, looping it in broad circles around the birds ear as she whispers loudly in a sing-song voice. "I think this man is a little bit craaazeeey."
  #116  
Old Oct 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

"Oh thats rich..." ... crazies calling crazies crazy ...Yes your right we should leave as we won't get out of her just standing around." he responds dryily before turning around and continuing his previous exit.
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!

Last edited by danthedebater; Oct 20th, 2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: The incorrect italics was driving me nuts.
  #117  
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 01:12 AM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
"Oh dear!" the gnome cries, twisting on his heels as the door splinters, robes flying at awkward angles. More than ready to put some space between himself and something that could practically explode such a door through, apparently, sheer strength, he dashes off a few steps. Finding it prudent to keep someone solid between him and the adversary, he also tries to keep Ophelia in the line of fire. Not very genteel, but I'm more use back here than splattered to a fine paste, no doubt! As he dashes, he swaps his crossbow into his left hand and begins making some familiar gestures and chanting.

Upon reaching a reasonable distance, he twists about again and hurls the ball of force that had formed at his fingertips, smiling as it arced over the elf and made its way towards their foe.

Battle InfoHP: 12/12
AC: 14 (14 Touch, 11 FF)
Ini: 11
Actions:: Move as far behind Ophelia as possible, Fire magic missile at the chain... thing for 4 damage.
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #118  
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Jinx_Greyflower's Avatar
Jinx_Greyflower Jinx_Greyflower is offline
Lovin' McLovin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2009
RPXP: 93
Jinx_Greyflower
Posts: 2,985
[Ophelia] HP 13/13; AC 17

Ophelia puts away her bow and draws her rapier, holding it up between her and the creature. Slightly intimidated by the strangeness of her foe, she gives a weak swing, not putting much power or finesse behind it.
__________________
"...the good guy is gonna win! How? Because I have a weapon you'll never wield...Love! Also, an incredibly powerful laser."
- Wiley Schlub
  #119  
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 11:20 PM
BrokenPlayer's Avatar
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer is offline
Come here often?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Posts: 5,995
Becoming increasingly frightened of the new arrival, Sydney cannot help but back away from the ever-growing group of individuals and into the trees behind her. Still, her training in the sword did not leave her as her right hand makes its way up to the massive weapon's handle strapped to her back. Something about the thing before her eyes didn't sit right with Sydney.

"We.. we should go," Sydney says somewhat softly as she looks at the others, making sure to keep the thing within sight.
__________________
  #120  
Old Oct 20th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Timeless Prophet's Avatar
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet is offline
Posing As A Team.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 21st, 2013
RPXP: 205
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet
Posts: 1,812
[Beau,Ophelia]
The shards of the door fly into the elf and gnome. Ophelia suffers a slash across the neck while Beau manages to twist just enough to only receive a minor cut across his chest. Beau then launches his magical energy at the beast causing it to roar in pain. The beast responds by lumbering forward and swinging its massive chain at Ophelia, however, the elf nimbly dodges out of the way before lunging at the beast. She drives forward with her rapier but unfortunately her arm gives out to the pain that now races across her body. The blade makes dull plink as it hits the chest piece of the creature. It roars once more as it readies another attack.

OOC Ophelia take 6 damage from the door while Beau you take 3. Next actions please.


[Emma, Allen, Sydney and Damian]
The man-beast appears to cower near the tree as it calls out: "Yes Yes...run run away...soon the forest will be red." It jumps toward the group, Sydney in particular as it does this. It falls back a moment before leaping over the group and landing directly behind Sydney. "The elf and the wee one will make such pretty designs on the forest floor...reds so vibrant we know not what to do. And soon He WilL oPeN tHe GAteS YoU KnOW!!!" The man lets out a cackle before doing a back flip and landing with incredible precision on the tree behind him. "Enjoy your stay before they all find you....KEyyyYEHlEYKey....RU...Then your red can join the others on the forest floor....KeeyKaRoO!" The creature then leaps into the canopy and scurries away in the foliage above your head.
__________________
"What frightens us about the carnival, I think, is not that it will come to town. Or that it will leave town, which it always does. What frightens us is the possibility that it will leave forever, and never come back, and take us with it when it goes." ~Charles Unwin, The Manual of Detection
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB