Game Thread Ch 2: Heading North Part 2 - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Ascent of The Starwhisperer > Game Threads
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jan 10th, 2014, 06:10 PM
SniperWolf's Avatar
SniperWolf SniperWolf is offline
R.I.P. Dungeon Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2020
RPXP: 196
SniperWolf SniperWolf
Posts: 1,554
Hp: 52, ac 17, dr: 4

Cadriana reacts quickly when seeing the three orcs board the ship. She swiftly pulls out her musket from the bandolier, activating her little spider figurine as it rushes to clean her musket after each shot. She takes aim at the most heavily Touch AC within 80 ftarmored orc and fires 3 consecutive shots.
__________________
You know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed - Zoe Washburne
Let me out of this cage, I don't need these wings, I don't need this rage - Raging Raven


Total Natural 1's: 13 Total Natural 20's: 12 Date Started: 11/19/07
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 04:29 AM
HaplessWithDice's Avatar
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice is offline
Now in Chibi style
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 124
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice
Posts: 898
Drawing Ebon Heart Culling Linath darts in and slashes at another of the closest of the orcs who is left standing. His blade flickering with electric light as he tries to clear the border from the ship before they become a problem.
__________________
"There is no such thing as over kill, just 'open fire' and 'crap, I need to reload'."
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Jan 17th, 2014, 01:13 AM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
"Take 'em out! We dun need 'em causin' damage! Shove 'em ovah if ye gotta!" Thamuz calls from the
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (13)+11 Total = 24
wheel. He takes a drag from his Koffin Nail without ever touching it and exhales through his nostrils.
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jan 18th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
The three orcs that board the ship prepare to assault when Nerra casts Aura of Doom. One of the orcs begins to spasm and and shake. The other two, surprisingly, have made their will saves and advance. Cadriana severly wounds one with her gun. Linath's sword brings down the orc with two blades. The other is headed toward the front of the ship. Kohana motions and a number of ghostly figures appear and chant an awful and mournful tune. Three orcs on the enemy ship begin to swing over but all three let go of the lines and plummet to their deaths. Three more orcs and the nearest ogre, all on the other ship, begin to beat their heads and pull at their hair, intense pain from an invisible source and mournful song.
The orc leader commands the raiding ship ram The Starwisperer. The cloaked figure on the enemy ship points at Linath. (Will Save DC 17)
The enemy vessels steers into the Starwhisperer. Everyone make at Reflex Save DC. 14 or fall down. (Thamuz may add his Strength to the save as he is at the wheel).
Next, Sharkbait and the female catfolk put arrows into the orc that was headed to the front of the ship (who fell over).
Lastly, one of the armored ogres (with a maul) and a pair of orcs in bone armor with wicked looking cudgels swing over to the Starwhisperer. They land mid-ship, about 50 feet from Nerra and 40 from Linath, Cadriana, and Kohana. On the other side (front of ship) Thamuz is about 60 feet away (added 10 feet for height) . The orcs have some cover but Thamuz would have +2 to hit the ogre. However, he needs to make his reflex save for balance and would have to let go of the wheel- something very risky.

On the deck of enemy ship ( Orc Warlord, Cloaked figure, 10 orcs) on Thamuz's side. The cloak figure is looking down at Linath as he casted. (His elevated spot puts him about 70 feet away and a spot would be need to see him behind the pilots box. If Linath fails the save, it won't matter.) The leader is in full view, partially blocked by two big orcs and on the command deck- 90 or 100 feet from everyone but Thamuz ( 40 feet). There are eleven orcs readying to board across from Nerra's group. (now 15 feet away). 25 feet from Cadriana, Kohana, and Linath. Most have cudgels and axes. One has a blunderbuss.

end of round.

Last edited by Demandred69; Jan 18th, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
SniperWolf's Avatar
SniperWolf SniperWolf is offline
R.I.P. Dungeon Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2020
RPXP: 196
SniperWolf SniperWolf
Posts: 1,554
Hp: 52, Ac: 17, Dr: 4

Cadriana changes target as the plethora of new enemies board the ship. Cadriana takes aim at the large armored Touch AC to hitogre and fires three powerful shots trying to take it down before it causes too much damage.
__________________
You know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed - Zoe Washburne
Let me out of this cage, I don't need these wings, I don't need this rage - Raging Raven


Total Natural 1's: 13 Total Natural 20's: 12 Date Started: 11/19/07
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:43 PM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 21st, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,490
Despite her best efforts, Nerra lost her balance and fell to the deck when the other ship rammed the Starwhisperer. Nerra stood with a growl of annoyance and decided that she refused to let the orcs take her ship. "To me heavenly wolves and defend my pack!"

 
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; Jan 23rd, 2014 at 06:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 03:46 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
Thamuz Ref + Str
Dice Roll:
1d20+13 (13)+13 Total = 26
braces himself as his ship is rammed, cursing. "'Ey! Dun damage moi ship!" Maintaining one hand on the wheel and Sailor
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (18)+11 Total = 29
moving it strategically, he lifts his right hand, bringing forth the pistol in his wrist sheath and
Dice Roll:
1d20+15 (3)+15 Total = 18
shoots at an orc.
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan

Last edited by MalchiorTheForgotten; Jan 27th, 2014 at 03:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Feb 1st, 2014, 09:25 AM
HaplessWithDice's Avatar
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice is offline
Now in Chibi style
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 124
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice
Posts: 898
The elf crashes to the deck, and then rises giggling shifting a bit his voice not his own, sounding like that of a woman. "Oh someone thinks there hot stuff trying to steal what is rightfully mine. None one takes over MY man!"
If an orc has the misfortune to be too close the blade lashes out to cut him down.
__________________
"There is no such thing as over kill, just 'open fire' and 'crap, I need to reload'."
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Feb 12th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
Battle on the Deck:

Wolves appear on deck as soon as Nerra is done speaking. Two of them are midship and one before Nerra. Two orcs attempt to cut down the oracle, but one of them suddenly goes into a seizure. The other orc is leapt on before she can attack the oracle. There is a struggle and both wolf and orc are rolling about the deck, the later trying to dislodge her arm from celestial jaws.
Cadriana shoots the ogre, three times striking flesh, the ogre's heavy armor not offering enough protection.
Linath suddenly feels a voice in his head, one that's not his own, 'Kill your friends. The orcs are your true allies.' He is about to turn to attack the enemy before him, Kohana, but as the ship is struck, he falls into the mast. Disorientated, the elf's eyes cloud over. Then a female voice splits his ears. 'Sorry hon, but your mine. ' Then out loud, Linath speaks, though the voice not his own,Oh someone thinks there hot stuff trying to steal what is rightfully mine. None one takes over MY man!"

No orc is too close to the partially impaired elf but his blade beckons him to battle. Linath begins to stand.
Five more orcs make it onto the deck before Thamuz spins the Starwhisperer away. The wily Captain manages to spot a thick patch of clouds above the airship and calls for Full Sails! We're going up!
The slower orc craft is still off-balance from its charge. The orc warlord calls for his crew to pursue. The cloaked figure, now with him, begins to channel new energy.
On the orc ship, the other ogre and one of the orcs are still on their knees with their fists to their ears, pain and hate filling their faces....and fear of something only they hear.
The ogre on the Starwhisperer brings his huge maul down on an unlucky sailor, something in the man's body cracks. The ogre then takes a step toward Cadriana.
The two orcs in bone armor advance toward Thamuz and the ship's wheel. Vlix and Razor intercept them. One hits Vlix in the midsection with his axe. The other swings a cudgel at Razor who shrugs it off and brings his axe down on the orc's head, splitting it. Vlix hits the other orc in the arm with his chopper.
Sharkbait and the female catfolk put arrows into the orc with the blunderbuss. The orc drops.
The five orcs that swung over are greeted by a pair of vicious, but heavenly, wolves. One is dragged down immediately. Two of the four remaining attack the nearest sailors, Grey Claw and Javy. Javy is hit in the chest by a cudgel. Gray Claw avoids the other orc's attack.
The other two orcs are headed for the deck below. But they are greeted by a figure in black spiked armor with a huge sword. One orcs head goes flying.

Please post optional actions with your next round (or two).
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 11:35 AM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
Thamuz Sailor
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (4)+11 Total = 15
brings the ship up, trying to hide it in the clouds. He knows that if he can Percep
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (18)+10 Total = 28
Stealth
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (4)+10 Total = 14
find a place to hide long enough, he'll both be able to dispatch the threats currently aboard and lose the tailing ship all together.
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB