Game Thread A Song of Silence - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Aurandia > Archives
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 10:12 PM
Uruz's Avatar
Uruz Uruz is offline
Psionic Cheerleader
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2019
RPXP: 3306
Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz
Posts: 2,912
A Song of Silence











The Gilded Vine is a propserous tavern located in the merchants section of the city of Karand; its simple to find and well known to the many residents bustling about town. The floor is covered in clean rushes and the tables are polished, the tankards are undented and clean, even the apron around the waist of the barkeep is free of dirt. The crowd from the end of the workday is being slowly replaced by those coming by to fill a trencher for supper and those who will stay late into the night. A minstrel sinds a bawdy tune in the background as the wenches weave deftly between the patrons.

One table in the back has a solitary occupant, the only one not crammed full; the occupant sporting a neatly trimmed blue-black goatee and fine, gold trimmed red clothes better suited to a noble. The sword bound with a peace strap and worn on a baldric accross the shoulder hangs there as if an extension of his being, plain that he knows how to use the weapon. His pale skin is mostly unbleamished, save for a fine scar tracing his jaw along the left side of the face from eye to chin while coal black eyes stare out from deepset brows.

OCCWelcome to the game!
__________________
"I can kill you with my brain" ~ River Tam, Firefly

Last edited by Uruz; Sep 23rd, 2010 at 02:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 06:07 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 21713
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 9,976
A young man, tall and wiry, walks through the crowded tavern. He moves from step to step smoothly, balanced at all times, even when he has to sway suddenly to one side as another patron stands up, pushing back a chair.

The young man keeps his eyes on the man at the back of the room, all the way across the floor, watching as he approaches. He comes to a halt a couple of steps from the table, bows slightly, and introduces himself.

"I am Gwydion; if you are not Janus Imar then I apologise for trespassing on your time."

Gwydion's speech is quiet, pitched to be only-just-audible over the roar of the room, but his voice is clear.
__________________
Looking for a PF2e game to join. PM me!
Maps for my Wrath of the Righteous game
Pronouns: he/him/his, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 07:34 AM
Uruz's Avatar
Uruz Uruz is offline
Psionic Cheerleader
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2019
RPXP: 3306
Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz
Posts: 2,912
A smile crinkles the corner of the man's lips as he politely gestures to a waiting chair. "Well met, Gwydion. We await but a few more souls; please, enjoy one of the Vine's vintages - they are excellent," he says as he motions for a serving wench to come and take the newcomer's order. You can see that the candle light dances on his shaven scalp as he sips from a long stemmed goblet of wine.
__________________
"I can kill you with my brain" ~ River Tam, Firefly
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 09:28 AM
Miked18 Miked18 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 12th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Miked18
Posts: 65
Stumbling into the tavern, Lil Barra tired and weary from his long travels, moves slowly to the bar. "Ale!" he says in a harsh, demanding tone. As he waits for the drink to arrive, he scans the room, taking note of his surroundings. The place was crowded and fairly noisy. Which made Lil Barra uncomfortable and on edge. His gaze stops at two men toward the back of the tavern at a plane looking male who was standing over another patron. As the human moved to sit down, he was able to see who he was speaking with, though not clearly. He dressed differently than the first human he had seen, much more elegant. Their eyes met and for a second remained locked, but the man turned to talk again to the human at the table. Lil Barra finished his ale, grabbed another and made his way to the table. He stopped short of the two men, and he stood for a few moments sizing them up, trying to figure out if these we whom he was seeking.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 09:39 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 21713
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 9,976
Gwydion, watching calmly, orders a simple tankard of ale. It's watery stuff, even in an inn this fine, but even so the young man drinks slowly.

As the newcomer approaches, Gwydion looks at him. Interesting. Broad, and he knows he is handsome. A man anyone could underestimate, perhaps: but I must not overestimate him as a consequence. Always the middle path. Though his thoughts are racing, Gwydion says nothing.
__________________
Looking for a PF2e game to join. PM me!
Maps for my Wrath of the Righteous game
Pronouns: he/him/his, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
Ark Ark is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 1st, 2012
RPXP: 237
Ark Ark Ark
Posts: 158
Aere makes his way across Karand, carefully avoiding the swill in the gutters, as he has already dipped into his meager supply of coin for a bath before entering the more respectable parts of the city. Sadly, the inn he had been frequenting had no equipment for what was evidently a seldom-requested amenity, so a public bath house was the only recourse. Keeping to the shadows as often as possible helped him slip unnoticed past most of the folks out and about, obvious street toughs were to be avoided on general principles (too little profit); never a good idea to bring too much attention to one's person as far as the city guards were concerned; and his practiced eye had already spotted the tight strings on the nobles' purses, as well as their conspicuous bodyguards.

Once he spotted the Gilded Vine, Aere made his way around to the alley, reasoning that a quiet reconnoiter might be advantageous--help him discern the best way to present himself most favorably. After waiting a few minutes, a scullion opened the back door and dumped out a pot of some unidentifiable liquid onto the ground--as soon as the lad turned to go back in, Aere quietly stole up behind him and stepped inside and behind some crates he had spotted throught the open portal just before the door latched shut. Finding himself in a storeroom, he sidled over to the open doorway to the main room and listened.

OOCTrying to help out with shortened form of my overlong name as the 'casual one'...good to get started

Last edited by Uruz; Sep 22nd, 2010 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Sep 22nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evoles's Avatar
Evoles Evoles is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 15th, 2022
RPXP: 33
Evoles
Posts: 89
Scarlett wakes from her last rest before Karand. Tidying herself (prestidigitation: clean) and gathering her few belongings she marches the last few miles in eager anticipation. As she arrives at the city her excitement has grown even further. "How will I recognize this man?" "What will he want me to do?" "Would he know Shan Malakor?" All of these questions flooded her head. "Where am I going?" This question seemed most important. Scarlett looked around and realized she had wandered into a busy street. People towered over her, moving this way and that.

"Excuse me sir..." "Pardon me maam?" "If I could just get direc.."

The crowd pushed past Scarlett, and she felt suddenly very small and quite frustrated. A small sign caught the corner of her eye. The Gilded Vine what luck! she thought. Scarlett hesitated at the door. "What if I am to join a party of adventurers?" "What if they ignore me like all these other locals?" "I better try to make more of a first impression."

Scarlett casts floating disc and steps up onto it from a nearby crate. She moves it through the doorway and into the Gilded Vine. Scarlett looks around at the patrons. (now standing on the disc) A few of them give her an odd look but Scarlett stares back with an expression showing little interest and slight disdain. Scarlett eyes roll around the room until she notices a few folks in the back corner that don't quite fit the scene. She moves her disc over to the table and says in her most serious voice:

So... which one of you do I presume to be Janus Imar?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 07:01 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 21713
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 9,976
Gwydion watches calmly as the strange woman approaches. He doesn't reply to her question; that is for Imar to do, as he was the one addressed. He considers her carefully. A spellcaster, and not shy about it. There are sure to be places where that is a liability, but here it is fine. Seems wary of being underestimated, so perhaps she is either less or more than she appears. We shall see.
__________________
Looking for a PF2e game to join. PM me!
Maps for my Wrath of the Righteous game
Pronouns: he/him/his, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
Uruz's Avatar
Uruz Uruz is offline
Psionic Cheerleader
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2019
RPXP: 3306
Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz
Posts: 2,912
Taking in the suspicious man in the corner eyeing the table, the well dressed figure waves him to sit down with a friendly air, calling again for a wench to take an order for the newcomer. When the woman comes in floating on a disc, the sight causes the first slight reactin in the man before he masters his face once more; a slight widening of the eyes to indicate surprise, gone in an instant. But then, he waves the lass over as well with a smile.

"You shouldn't snarl so, lassie; people might get the wrong idea. As I hate repeating myself, I await merely a pair of other souls before we can begin. I'll order you some bread, meat and cheese if you wish while we wait."
__________________
"I can kill you with my brain" ~ River Tam, Firefly

Last edited by Uruz; Sep 23rd, 2010 at 09:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
Miked18 Miked18 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 12th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Miked18
Posts: 65
Lil Barra sees the mans wave to him with a kind invite, but his gaze turns to look past him. Lil B turns to see a bitty little thing floating in on disc. "LB" takes an aggressive stance at first, but notices that the man at the table has motioned for her to join him as well. Sensing that this man must be whom he seeks, LB relaxes and moves to join the group at the table. Orders another round.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
Ark Ark is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 1st, 2012
RPXP: 237
Ark Ark Ark
Posts: 158
Aere's attention was quickly drawn to one particular table in the tavern. Two seated humans, one standing (obviously assessing) the others, and a halfling perched on a floating disc, no less.

A halfing ignoring most of the common social conventions, but definitely possessing some spellcasting ability...a coiled, watchful fellow at the table...and an obviously road-stained traveller...Hmmmm, the bald man in the noble's dress appears to be in charge here, and the note from Eldrik bore the same name that the halfling used to address the chap...at least he didn't deny the appellation--best to try to figure out what his angle might be.

Sense motive
Dice Roll:
d20 20


After some observation, Aere came to a decision. Well, he seems to be hiding something, but hey, who isn't. Might as well head in and see what's what

Last edited by Ark; Sep 23rd, 2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Added text after skill ck result
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
Ark Ark is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 1st, 2012
RPXP: 237
Ark Ark Ark
Posts: 158
Approaching the table confidently, Aere pulls out an empty chair and sits right down amongst the group. Smiling graciously to the rest, he addresses Janus affably.

Greetings, Janus I assume? You must be the one Eldrik sent me to offer my skills to. I'm Aereforme', but if we are to be acquainted, please call me Aere. Hopefully, ours will be a mutually rewarding association.

Being ready for something new, after the weeks he has spent on the seedy side of town (and being a little light of purse after same said weeks), Aere endeavors to be at his most charming--hoping to make a favorable first impression on the group...or at least on Janus.

Last edited by Ark; Sep 23rd, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 06:53 PM
Evoles's Avatar
Evoles Evoles is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 15th, 2022
RPXP: 33
Evoles
Posts: 89
Scarlett seems a little offended at first at the man's response. To think he'd refer to my draconian as snarling. Best to let it go.. for now.
Scarlett shoots the man an annoyed look then plops herself down on the edge of her disc. Her head still slightly above those seated at the table. Scarlett sits a few minutes while a few more gather, boredom begins to set in as she looks about the table sizing the others up. A worried thought springs into her head. I hope this meeting doesn't take much longer, my disc only has an hour duration. Hmm but I don't want to seem overly eager or to perpetuate some silly racial stereotype. Scarlett allows a slight look of impatience to wash over her face.

Last edited by Evoles; Sep 23rd, 2010 at 06:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 10:10 PM
Miked18 Miked18 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 12th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Miked18
Posts: 65
LB motions for the wench to bring another ale and meat.. hungry... "wonder how long this guy is going to wait to tell us whats going on, and man, who the hell is he waiting for?"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Sep 25th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Miked18 Miked18 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 12th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Miked18
Posts: 65
LB gets up to go relieve himself. He notices the bar wench, "hmm.." (he grins to himself and proceeds to go talk to her) "I'm sure have time."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB