Game Thread The Cell - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Frogman's Avatar
Frogman Frogman is offline
Oh not again
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1567
Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman
Posts: 2,122
Ah yes, good. I'm in the prefect position to spring an attack, unnoticed on the ceiling. Ah yes Shamus and Shump are on the opposite side of the room I think I should assist them. After all what else is an adventurous rake such as myself supposed to do with his trusted companions? Abandon them? No! Especially if we've only known each other for about a day!

 
__________________
What is a funnybone sandwich?
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 07:09 PM
Gunslinger 19's Avatar
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2014
RPXP: 733
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19
Posts: 1,171
The warden's son, Willem, lets out a shout of challenge as he makes the first move against the opponents. "Hyaaaah!" he hollers,
Dice attack, damage:
1d20+11 (20)+11 Total = 31
2d4+4 (1, 1)+4 Total = 6
1d20+6 (19)+6 Total = 25
2d4+4 (1, 3)+4 Total = 8
swinging his falchion heavily and repeatedly towards the imp just below him on the map.the nearest enemy. In a feat of bravery, he hacks the creature's wings off with two well-placed slices, and the imp is destroyed.

His fellow guards, meanwhile, have almost all backed in around the warden. They raise their swords in full defense, +4 dodge to ACdetermination, ready to hold off the attackers. The two separate ones, however, have other ideas. The man next to Willem draws his longsword, and
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (2)+5 Total = 7
1d8+1 (3)+1 Total = 4
sends a blow towards another of the beasts, but his blade misses the target entirely. Over by Shump, the last guard backs away from the creature beside him, and takes a shot with his
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (18)+4 Total = 22
1d8 3
crossbow. The bolt finds its target, but doesn't seem to do any damage.

Last edited by Gunslinger 19; Aug 21st, 2011 at 07:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 10:21 PM
cruelcynic's Avatar
cruelcynic cruelcynic is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2012
RPXP: 328
cruelcynic cruelcynic cruelcynic cruelcynic
Posts: 607
Shump is visably surprised by the sudden outburst from Willem. "The boys got skills." Not to be out done by a feeble guard Shump takes a step forward and
Dice atk:
d20+7 (8)+7 Total = 15
Dice dmg:
d8+7 (3)+7 Total = 10
swings the longswrod with both hands at the Nearest one to the southimp in his path.
__________________
When life gives you lemons ... go kill a clown.

Last edited by cruelcynic; Aug 21st, 2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: sp.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 06:00 PM
Apocalyps3's Avatar
Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2017
RPXP: 1072
Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3
Posts: 1,257
OOCSorry for the delay guys


Samus watched as the imps swarmed the guards, turning just in time to watch the warden's son strike the first one down. Turning his attention to the imp near the crashed chandelier (one block north), Samus closed the distance quickly,
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (11)+3 Total = 14
Dice Roll:
1d6+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (13)+3 Total = 16
Dice Roll:
1d6+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
throwing two jabs at the creature's torso.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Gunslinger 19's Avatar
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2014
RPXP: 733
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19
Posts: 1,171
Save for Samus' last punch, all of your attacks miss their intended target. The one punch you do land seems to do little more than annoy the beast.

OOCWaiting on you, Luna.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Kazegami's Avatar
Kazegami Kazegami is offline
Eyes of the Vigil
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 25th, 2016
RPXP: 116
Kazegami Kazegami
Posts: 359
Luna smirked, wondering how long the armed ones would last. The promise of death was always nice however the remnants of human corpses was a far better boon. The lack of weaponry and magic dubbed her rather useless for combat though these hellish beings could offer her some useful information if only just one of the imps would lend her the time to speak. She spotted one The imp diagonally below her on the mapnear her and a grin spread across her face. In the tongue of the "Tell me why you're here creature. Soon the bell of death will toll for you however tell me your purpose and I'll see to it that the least amount of harm will be done unto you."Infernal, she attempted to communicate with the imp in a
Dice Intimidate:
1d20+8 (4)+8 Total = 12
threatening manner.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Gunslinger 19's Avatar
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2014
RPXP: 733
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19
Posts: 1,171
In a sudden rush, the imps push back wildly, cackling as they push against the guards. The wall of men around the warden seems to hold, fending off all attacks that come at it. The rest of you are not so lucky. One imp scrambles in the window behind 9 damage total, roll two fort saves (DC13 both)Samus, and before he can react it rakes its spiked tail across his calf. Another of them claws brutally at his arm. Meanwhile, 2 damage total, roll 2 fort saves (DC13 both)Shump is not much better off; two critters swirl around him, jabbing at him with their tails.

"FLEE, you fools!" The warden shouts, though who he is shouting at - the guards, the enemies or yourselves - is not clear. With his protectors around him, he raises his wrinkled fist up into the air, and it shines with a sudden blue light. You find yourselves suddenly feeling much more alert and aware of your surroundings.

As you watch the old man, his withered fingers harden to claws. His eyes grow black and shifting. Horns sprout out of his face, his back, his neck. He grows in size, his skin rippling to become scaled and blue. To complete the transformation, large leathery wings sprout out of his back, and his head and neck grow upwards in a serpentine fashion.

The warden has become a blue dragon.

 
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Apocalyps3's Avatar
Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2017
RPXP: 1072
Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3
Posts: 1,257
Samus Fortitude saves
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (1)+4 Total = 5
recoiled in pain as the imps slashed at his body. Before he could react, the warden shouted out to them before turning into a frightening blue dragon. At least there is never a dull moment on this island.

Samus looked around to his allies, waiting to see if they would heed his instructions before he made another move.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 10:58 AM
cruelcynic's Avatar
cruelcynic cruelcynic is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2012
RPXP: 328
cruelcynic cruelcynic cruelcynic cruelcynic
Posts: 607
Shump growls as his sword swing hits nothing but air. "Hold still you little bastards!" As if in retaliation to the name calling two of them start quickly flying around Shump and striking at him continuously. Shump winces a little with the hits but fort saves
Dice fs1:
d20+7 (10)+7 Total = 17
Dice fs2:
d20+7 (19)+7 Total = 26
tries to stay strong. The creatures seem to have some sort of poison but Shump shrugs it off and prepares for his violent rebuttal when the crazy meter jumps a notch and the warden turns into a Dragon. "I hates magic." He says with a frown on his face.

OOCMy rolls are actually +6 but still pass.
__________________
When life gives you lemons ... go kill a clown.

Last edited by cruelcynic; Aug 28th, 2011 at 11:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Gunslinger 19's Avatar
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2014
RPXP: 733
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19
Posts: 1,171
Clearly these creatures are more dangerous than they seem. They have thus far dodged or shrugged off all attacks sent at them, and their natural weapons seem to be poisoned; Samus feels a record a temporary -2 to your dexterityweakness seeping into his muscles.

Over by Luna, one of the down left on mapimps seems to have taken an interest in her. It settles down on the ground by her, distracted for the moment by the presence of a human that speaks their language. It responds in the same guttural tones, though what they are saying, the rest of you cannot tell.


Last edited by Gunslinger 19; Aug 29th, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Frogman's Avatar
Frogman Frogman is offline
Oh not again
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1567
Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman
Posts: 2,122
Right then. Our dear warden has turned into a dragon and has said run you fools. My...recent...prison-based aquaintances don't seem to be as able to harm these little monstrosities and speaking of monstrosities the littlest harbinger of death is currently inviting them for tea and cakes.

What to do? What say we help that guard over by Shump, he doesn't look like he's doing so well and the damn things are distracted. Anything is better than running up to the dragon anyhow.

Chance scurries along the ceiling, heedless of stealth into a flanking position with the because I was suppoesd to be over there...guard by Shump, drops from the ceiling Attack:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (16)+5 Total = 21
damage
Dice Roll:
1d3+2 (1)+2 Total = 3
sneak attack
Dice Roll:
1d6 3
and slashes at the imp with his used steak knife.
__________________
What is a funnybone sandwich?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Gunslinger 19's Avatar
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2014
RPXP: 733
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19
Posts: 1,171
Though some of the imps see Chance, apparently they haven't seen it fit to inform their fellow beasties about it. In any case the guard nearby gasps in alarm as Chance descends from the ceiling, but the imp doesn't notice him at all. Chance's blade sinks into the thing's flesh! Its gruesome black blood seeps from the wound as it shrieks in painful surprise.

The guard beside Chance seems flabbergasted as to why the small knife would do any damage to the devils when his own weapons have failed. Then his eyes light up in recognition.

"The silver," he speaks aloud. "The cutlery! It's real silver!"
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 05:25 PM
Kazegami's Avatar
Kazegami Kazegami is offline
Eyes of the Vigil
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 25th, 2016
RPXP: 116
Kazegami Kazegami
Posts: 359
Luna knelled before the imp, a mischievous grin sprawling across her face.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Gunslinger 19's Avatar
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2014
RPXP: 733
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19
Posts: 1,171
Luna speaks to the creature in the same alien tone that she used before, her voice rattling deeply and undulating. Listening to her, the creature once again responds in kind.


Last edited by Gunslinger 19; Sep 2nd, 2011 at 05:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
Kazegami's Avatar
Kazegami Kazegami is offline
Eyes of the Vigil
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 25th, 2016
RPXP: 116
Kazegami Kazegami
Posts: 359
A normal human would have probably been afraid of the imp's threat however Luna chuckled inwardly to herself.

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB