Game Thread The Cell - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Frogman's Avatar
Frogman Frogman is offline
Oh not again
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1567
Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman
Posts: 2,122
What's this? A timely distraction in the midst of such an awkward dinner? What kind of noble thief would I be if didn't take advantage of this opportunity? Now let's see. Oh yes, there. That steak knife will do nicely. If I can get you out I may just have something in case "little miss death" over there decides to go into the part of her story arc that includes a murderous rampage.
Of course I'm not enjoying the reaction on the guard's faces. These guys have to live among and near hardened criminals like your's truly every day and the Warden is some kind of wizard. If they look nervous I should probably be if not nervous cagy and prepared.

slight of hand
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (11)+7 Total = 18
Here's hoping this will be enough...and sharp.
__________________
What is a funnybone sandwich?
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Kazegami's Avatar
Kazegami Kazegami is offline
Eyes of the Vigil
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 25th, 2016
RPXP: 116
Kazegami Kazegami
Posts: 359
'Hm, an interesting development.' Luna only thought as she raised her head to get a better view of what was happening. She chuckled at the sight of the nervous guards and the expression that taken root in the warden and what appeared to be a relative of his.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Gunslinger 19's Avatar
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2014
RPXP: 733
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19
Posts: 1,171


The ground is shaking pretty heavily now, causing the grapes to rattle and the chandelier to swing back and forth. The room is silent except for whatever that noise is - it's like a whining, and it's giving you a headache the more it goes on.

"Something's coming out of the light," the guard at the window says. "There's a lot of them - I can't tell what they are -"

Then the chandelier finally gives way. With a chink, the chain holding it releases, and it falls onto the table with a large crash.

"NOOOOOOO! MY TABLE!" the warden roars in outrage as the table collapses. Those still sitting at the table are Make an acrobatics check, DC 10 to come out upright.thrown from their seats as the candles fizzle and die. The room grows dark.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 10:07 PM
cruelcynic's Avatar
cruelcynic cruelcynic is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2012
RPXP: 328
cruelcynic cruelcynic cruelcynic cruelcynic
Posts: 607
As the room shakes Shump just stands and enjoys the show. When the warden cries over the loss of his table Shump can't help but to laugh. As the room goes dark Shump blinks a few times as his eyes adjust and his dark vision kicks in. He walks up to the nearest human guard that has not drawn their sword yet and tries to grab the weapon while they are blinded.
__________________
When life gives you lemons ... go kill a clown.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Kazegami's Avatar
Kazegami Kazegami is offline
Eyes of the Vigil
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 25th, 2016
RPXP: 116
Kazegami Kazegami
Posts: 359
Luna stood up as best she could, keeping her balance due to all the quaking. She blinked a couple of times hoping her sight will get somewhat adjusted to the light. "Darkness, the grave's womb." she said to herself. She wasn't much of anything without a weapon or even spells for that matter. However Luna searched her person for her poppet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Frogman's Avatar
Frogman Frogman is offline
Oh not again
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1567
Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman
Posts: 2,122
Oh no! Your table! Chance echoes as he stealth
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (11)+7 Total = 18
ducks someplace into the shadows. Ah yes, out of sight, out of mind. At any rate I'm sure they wont mind anyway since things are about to become entirely crazy in here. What a delightfully unexpected twist; here I am stuffing my face thinking I'm in an expository feast scene when a crisis of...shaking and pink light asserts itself. Now I must remember not to get caught up in the confusion. I'm only armed with a steak knife after all...keep your options open old boy.
__________________
What is a funnybone sandwich?
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Apocalyps3's Avatar
Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2017
RPXP: 1072
Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3
Posts: 1,257
Samus
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (3)+7 Total = 10
jumped back from the table as the chandelier crashed, holding only a goblet in his hand. What in the blazes- He muttered, looking from the panicked warden to his cell mates.

Surprised to see Shump trying to disarm a guard, Samus ran to his side. Friend, do not dig a hole for yourself. We may have a common enemy as these fools. He placed a hand on Shump's elbow, before turning back to the warden. I suggest you find out what is happening here.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Gunslinger 19's Avatar
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2014
RPXP: 733
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19
Posts: 1,171
No sooner does Samus speak when the room's windows begin to crash in around you, and the room is swarmed with tiny winged forms. The creatures are mostly wings, with somewhat humanoid bodies, long slinking tails, and large curling horns. The critters launch themselves upon the guards immediately, catching them unawares. The guard that Shump had been attempting to disarm falls to the ground, one of the Imps stabbing at his face with undisguised glee.

"What are you doing? Everyone! Form up around my father! Protect the Warden!" Willem, the warden's son, unexpectedly springs into action, and the guards that haven't been set upon obey his orders.

The room is in chaos. Outside, you can vaguely see an enormous winged figure rising up out of the darkening light. With the guards occupied, though, the exit seems to be unguarded.

Last edited by Gunslinger 19; Aug 14th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 10:13 PM
cruelcynic's Avatar
cruelcynic cruelcynic is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2012
RPXP: 328
cruelcynic cruelcynic cruelcynic cruelcynic
Posts: 607
As Samus takes Shump's arm stopping him just short of the guard he does not have a chance to argue before a wicked creature starts ravaging the guards face. Shump's jaw drops in awe as the carnage erupts around him. He turns to Samus. "Fine, I will give your way a shot. But I am not like you, I need a weapon to defend myself." While the creature is distracted Shump quickly grabbed the sword and took a step back. "Ok. Samus, Chance. We staying to help these whelps or are we out the door?" He looks back and forth between his comrades with a quizzical look on his face.
__________________
When life gives you lemons ... go kill a clown.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Apocalyps3's Avatar
Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2017
RPXP: 1072
Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3
Posts: 1,257
We're on an island, my lad. Samus reminds him. And there are sure to be more of these fiends anywhere we try to flee to. I think aiding the man in charge would be the most beneficial action we could take. He smiles at Shump and pats him on the back. Give 'em hell big guy.

Samus ran over towards the warden, taking a second to
Dice initiative:
1d20+5 (17)+5 Total = 22
calm himself for battle. I'm going to keep you alive. And you're going to get me off this island. He called over his shoulder, waiting patiently for an enemy to approach.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 02:18 AM
cruelcynic's Avatar
cruelcynic cruelcynic is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2012
RPXP: 328
cruelcynic cruelcynic cruelcynic cruelcynic
Posts: 607
"Fair nuff." Shump swings the sword a few times, spinning it in his hand. Ah. Been some time since I held a proper weapon. He takes his position next to Samus and Initiative
Dice Roll:
d20+3 (16)+3 Total = 19
prepares for battle. He looks over to Luna. "You may want to come with us darlin. Sure to be all the death you can stomach."
__________________
When life gives you lemons ... go kill a clown.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Kazegami's Avatar
Kazegami Kazegami is offline
Eyes of the Vigil
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 25th, 2016
RPXP: 116
Kazegami Kazegami
Posts: 359
Luna eventually grabbed hold of the bag of dead flesh that was her poppet. Sadly she felt the spirits ,residing in this grizzly fetish of hers, not communing with her. 'Once again my carelessness had led me astray' Luna thought to herself. Then hearing Shump's invitation to join the fray with the promise of death lighten her disappointment a little. "You best protect me then Shump, I am a frail innocent little girl after all." informed Luna as she made her way to Shump's side and
Dice Initiative:
1d20+2 (16)+2 Total = 18
readying herself.
__________________

Last edited by Kazegami; Aug 15th, 2011 at 03:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Aug 15th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Frogman's Avatar
Frogman Frogman is offline
Oh not again
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1567
Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman
Posts: 2,122
Ah yes, here I am, armed nicely with a steak knife, hiding up on the ceiling while some kind of horrible, impish beasties oppress my oppressors. But what's this? An unexpected turn of events. The prisoners, it seems, have joined with their captors, their enemies against a common foe. Well if that's the scene who am I to go against it. I'll wait for the opportune moment to strike from here above the melee and then...well who knows what?
Initiative
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (18)+7 Total = 25
Ah yes here's the knife, all nice and stabby. Now who looks promising?
__________________
What is a funnybone sandwich?
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Aug 16th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Gunslinger 19's Avatar
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2014
RPXP: 733
Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19 Gunslinger 19
Posts: 1,171
The room is a portrait of mayhem. At least fifteen imps are swooping around the room now. On the other side of the room, Warden Walsh stands surrounded by protective blades on all sides. Seven guardsmen are still standing, including Willem Walsh. However, they are far from safe; the imps are swarming around them, and more are climbing in through the windows.

OOCThe room is 35"x60" (7x12), with the ruined table going up the center of the room. Windows are along the left and back wall. The square that the chandelier rests on is impassable, while the rest of the table can be crossed with double movement cost (or a successful acrobatics/jump check). I'll try to get a map made later today. Something came up.

Last edited by Gunslinger 19; Aug 16th, 2011 at 01:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Aug 18th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Frogman's Avatar
Frogman Frogman is offline
Oh not again
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1567
Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman
Posts: 2,122
Ah yes, good. I'm in the prefect position to spring an attack, unnoticed on the ceiling. Ah yes Shamus and Shump are on the opposite side of the room I think I should assist them. After all what else is an adventurous rake such as myself supposed to do with his trusted companions? Abandon them? No! Especially if we've only known each other for about a day!

 
__________________
What is a funnybone sandwich?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB