Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Kingmaker: Battledale
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 04:22 PM
No Holds Bard!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30267
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
What do you guys want to accomplish next? Just let me know where you want to go and we'll see how it shakes out.

Old Nov 20th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25298
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Do we want to contact the Kobolds? Even though the critters are one step removed from dragons and as far as I remember it was dragons who ravaged the Dales, right? We need allies at this point, scaly as they might be.
Old Nov 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM
No Holds Bard!

Tools
User Statistics
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Crafting up a post. Should be up in the near future.

Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
No Holds Bard!

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, so I was about to post and I went back over the actions. We've got 1 vote for Stag Lord's fort and 1 vote for the Kobolds. Let me know if you're all on board with one or the other and I'll adjust my pending post accordingly.

Old Dec 2nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25368
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Kobolds...

Sorry for lack of any posting. My PC died at home and I was on vacation last week.
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15934
idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy
Amavi is for the Stag Lord's fort.
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 12:17 PM
No Holds Bard!

Tools
User Statistics
Looks like Alric and Amavi want to get straight to killing bandits. Ahren and Calmor are for asking the kobolds for help... and Lister (the potential tie breaker) is nervous about the kobolds.

Work out what you all would like to do and how you would like to proceed here or in the game. Either way, I'll wait til you're all on the same page before I update!

Add: To validate an earlier comment, it seems that from the disarray and chaos that the kobolds were suffering from (more than usual, anyway), they might have been affected by the madness that compelled the dragons to go berserk last year. Things to consider: Yes, they are indebted to you for freeing them of the sorcerous Tartuk's evil influence. A chip in your favor! You did, however, kill half of their tribe and stole their moon radishes to deliver to Svetlana.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Dec 4th, 2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 03:05 PM
No Holds Bard!

Tools
User Statistics
At the mention of your annihilating the kobolds, they almost killed Amavi and Calmor! Hehe.

Not that I'm trying to sway you either way! Just throwing out past events. Tit for tat and whatnots.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Dec 4th, 2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy
They almost killed Amavi? She's definitely not for allying with them then.
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 04:32 PM
No Holds Bard!

Tools
User Statistics
Yep, a kobold sorcerer went Burning-Hands-Blasto on them. Reduced Amavi to negative HP, if I recall. Was one of the first encounters the group ran into.

Add: Also... it's a bit of an ancient plot point that the elves were the first ones to drive the dragons mad and end their reign over the "lesser" races. (Even lesser known fact... The more powerful magics, anyway...magic, which the elves used to shape present-day Faerun (and eventually taught to humans) was stolen from the dragons!)

No way the characters know this (or what caused them to rage in the year just passed) but the elven/dragon rivalry is nearly as old as Faerun itself. While the elves may have lost this story, the dragons surely have not forgotten it.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Dec 4th, 2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 04:45 PM
No Holds Bard!

Tools
User Statistics
Found the fight!

So I had it the other way... Calmor was almost killed except Francis (RIP) brought him back from the brink of death with some divine magic. Amavi was just battered by kobold slingstones and scorched by the kobold's fire.

Old Dec 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I assumed Amavi would know about the Dale Compact and Standing Stone, seeing as that bit of history is pretty widely known in the Dales and she is a native elf of the region. Despite the retreat and the technical end of the Compact she, as an elf who has chosen to remain in the region rather than retreat, still considers it worth abiding by. Plus, I figure with her home and most of the people she cared about being wiped out by a dragon it's rational for her to hate them, and their distant relatives by extension. She will not accept kobolds as allies, no matter what, though I don't care how it shakes out in an out of character sense. If the party does decide to ally with them she'll find something else to do to keep her busy and (more importantly) away whenever the group needs to interact with the kobolds.
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 04:51 PM
No Holds Bard!

Tools
User Statistics
Oh yeah, she's undoubtedly seen the Standing Stone numerous times. All of that is great, and agreed again. With the loss of her home, she has more than enough reason to hate them.

And it's worth noting that although I was NPC'ing Amavi at the time, she actually got the killing blow on the kobold (or trickster gnome masquerading as a kobold) after a particularly grueling battle. The little bastard was tricky with his illusions and magically conjured fogs.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Dec 4th, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Iran-Contra what?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6474
OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth
Absolutely nothing personal, but as a half-breed, Lister's a bit sensitive about the whole 'sins of the father' thing.
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 07:09 PM
No Holds Bard!

Tools
User Statistics
Uh oh, Lister played the race card!