Game Thread The Miyamakoori Monastery - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Frozen Wind One-Shot Adventure
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:16 PM
DMDracoMoondragon's Avatar
DMDracoMoondragon DMDracoMoondragon is offline
Black Swordsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 21st, 2013
RPXP: 16
DMDracoMoondragon
Posts: 423
After flicking the oni's black blood off of her rapiers, Zariel followed the others, thankful for the speed afforded her by Talhoffer's spell. She kept the piercing implements unsheathed in case of a similar situation later on. "I knew that was some sort of demon, but all I wanted to know is that it needed to be dead. It could have killed us, otherwise." Zariel had no love for those of demonic origin, unless they proved to her they were trustworthy.
__________________
"You can go anywhere you want in this world with a single blade. This may be a virtual world, but I feel more alive here than in the real world." -Kirito/Kirigaya Kazuto, Sword Art Online
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 7332
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,966
As Shinobi moves quickly with the others he snatches up his missed arrows and checks to see if they are 50% chance to see if missed ammo is usable ... Lower than 51 is usuable...1st
Dice Roll:
1d100 80
2nd
Dice Roll:
1d100 76
usable. Both tips are ruined as they impacted on the stone floor. He tosses them over his right shoulder onto the ground and he runs. It seems that these strangers are powerful indeed. He will continue with is deception and seem to the be inept until the time is right.
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; Jan 21st, 2013 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 02:41 PM
PopCultureBard's Avatar
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard is offline
Captain F-in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 25815
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Posts: 6,976
"Consider what could have happened had we not all arrived at this place on this night. A temple filled with oni and nobody the wiser." Isaru pushes forward, intent on the left passage as a suitable destination. Visions of burning villages, possessed corpses and unending slaughter filled his mind. "We cannot allow this evil to infest the countryside. The Emperor's soldiers do not defend this area thoroughly enough to combat it." He pauses at the edge of the hallway long enough to check it for any obvious threats. If no giant ice monsters are readily apparent, he moves towards the garden.
__________________
Playing - High Risk, Heist Reward | The Grand Tour
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
 


You make your way around the corner, heading rapidly down the hallway. In front of you is a door, no doubt leading outside. To your right is a staircase leading into a room filled with pillars surrounding a pool of water that seems to have frozen over. To your left you see the dining hall of the monastery. A solitary monk lies dead on the floor, his lips blue with frost just as the other monk had been. In the hall leading away from the dining room, you see another large oni lurking. It too, sees you, and with a roar, charges into the dining room to catch you.
 
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 11:26 AM
brann miekka's Avatar
brann miekka brann miekka is offline
Justiciar of Peregratas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 15th, 2022
RPXP: 2421
brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka
Posts: 4,269
walking around the corner, Talhoffer could already feel the burn in his lungs; gods I am out of shape, he thought as he stopped to catch his breath, in the process seeing the other demon. Standing back up he gripped his wand and said, "To fight or flee now, hurry for time is waning." hastily speaking the trigger, Talhoffers wand glowed slightly and a thick puddle of grease appeared below the Oni. Should buy us a modicum of time at the least, he thought to himself as he moved away from the door.

OOC
Dice Initiative:
1d20+5 (13)+5 Total = 18

Standard action: cast grease under the demon:
Quote:
A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.
free action: talk
__________________
wear the chains you forged in life, link by link.

Last edited by brann miekka; Jan 28th, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 12:03 AM
DMDracoMoondragon's Avatar
DMDracoMoondragon DMDracoMoondragon is offline
Black Swordsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 21st, 2013
RPXP: 16
DMDracoMoondragon
Posts: 423
Dice Initiative:
1d20+4 (16)+4 Total = 20


Zariel wasn't about to back down from another oni, especially with how well they dealt with the last one. She was going to go about this smart, though. She was going to use the tables in the next room as possible cover to get the jump on the oni when she got the chance. Using her natural talents, she slunk into the room, hoping not to be noticed.

Dice Stealth Check:
1d20+14 (10)+14 Total = 24
__________________
"You can go anywhere you want in this world with a single blade. This may be a virtual world, but I feel more alive here than in the real world." -Kirito/Kirigaya Kazuto, Sword Art Online
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:40 PM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 7332
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,966
 


Shinobi shakes his head as the group starts to go after another Oni, "Baka Gaijin.". It appears as if he heard the oni from the northern corridor before crashing into the room ahead. Shinobi says, "Toshi, go around back.". He nods to them.

Shinobi's feet become a blur as he rushes down the Northern corridor to come around the back of the Oni (as far as he can, that is). Hopefully, there are no more down here waiting. (5' move [immediate]to the NW, then 60' down the corridor North [move], another 30' movement (60' if haste allows it [standard]).

Initiative:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (20)+7 Total = 27
Init:
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; Jan 29th, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:59 PM
PopCultureBard's Avatar
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard is offline
Captain F-in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 25815
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Posts: 6,976
Seeing the others move against the creature, Isaru braces the naginata along his right arm and returns Toshi's nod. He starts forward, moving as fast as he can to close on the oni without stepping into the wizard's spell. "Better to deal with it now than have it at our backs, I suppose." If he is able to close to ten feet safely, he will
Dice Attack/Damage:
1d20+11 (19)+11 Total = 30
1d8+8 (2)+8 Total = 10
drive the weapon forward with all the momentum of his charge.
OOC
Dice Initiative:
1d20+2 (4)+2 Total = 6

Full Round Action: Charge + Power Attack + Furious Focus. Charge looks dubious because of the table placement so if that isn't an option just drop the attack roll by two and boost his AC by two.

Otherwise:
Move Action: Advance on the oni, stopping short of stepping in any grease.
Standard Action: Power Attack + Furious Focus. Attack the creature if it is within my reach.

Init: 6
CMD: 20
AC: 19 if charging, 21 otherwise.
HP: 65/54
__________________
Playing - High Risk, Heist Reward | The Grand Tour

Last edited by PopCultureBard; Jan 29th, 2013 at 11:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Lightened Lightened is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2013
RPXP: 54
Lightened
Posts: 134
Lanaya just barely saw the big demon in the corner of her eye, and she knew that she could not reach it in time even with Talhoffer's spell still lightening her steps - she would however try her best in taking him down as soon as possible, using the advantages the swiftness gave her as long as it still persisted, quickly dashing around the corner and just stepping short of the oni, staring into those cold eyes with her own heated up only by the frenzy of combat and the fire that still danced around her blade as she felt the haste slowly leaving her body, bracing herself for an assault from the oni - she had put herself in a good position to attack, and she knew it too, but the magus was certain that taking the demon down quickly was the best option - the elf had felt the excruciating cold they emanated, and them being a part of the frost that had taken a hold of the monastery wasn't too far off.

 


 


 

Last edited by Lightened; Jan 30th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
~Round 1 Summary~
 

 

 


'Toshi' tears off into the dining room, leaping from table to table, as the bewildered oni tries, and ultimately fails, to follow his movements. The mysterious Yakuza lands gracefully behind the giant creature, no harm having befallen him. Seeing the opportunity, Zariel slips into the hallway, completely unseen while the oni is distracted, and settles herself between two of the tables, ready to strike. A puddle of slick oil magically appears beneath the oni's feet, but the giant manages to keep his footing. Lanaya rushes forward and the oni finally sees a target he can swing his naginata at. Lanaya's defensive stance proves useful, however, and she manages to dodge the crushing blow. Finally, Sagota's charge connects solidly with the oni, and black blood begins to ooze from the wound left in it's side.

 

~End of Round 1~
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru

Last edited by Aerandor; Feb 4th, 2013 at 02:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 02:47 PM
brann miekka's Avatar
brann miekka brann miekka is offline
Justiciar of Peregratas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 15th, 2022
RPXP: 2421
brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka
Posts: 4,269
Talhoffer Surveys the field and nods rather contently. Seeing little need to expend many resources he simply waves his hand and rattles of a small evocation, sending darts of emerald light from his fingertips to weave between his allies and thud solidly into the demon.

OOCStandard action, cast magic missile at the Oni.
Dice Magic missile damage:
3d4+3 (2, 4, 4)+3 Total = 13

__________________
wear the chains you forged in life, link by link.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 11:36 PM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 7332
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,966
Shinobi/Toshi smiles as his agile moves bewilders the ONI allowing him to slip behind it. He draws his silvered shortsword and aims at it approximately where he saw his elven cohort hit it. Since his blade is not burning, he is unsure of the result, but he is NINJA!

Taking in a deep breath, he give a scream, "KIYAAIII!!!". He puts his weight behind it trying to Attack Roll
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (10)+7 Total = 17
Damage Roll
Dice Roll:
1d6 4
Sneak Attack
Dice Roll:
3d6 1, 1, 1 Total = 3
drive it into the black heart of the demon..
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; Feb 7th, 2013 at 07:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 11:28 AM
DMDracoMoondragon's Avatar
DMDracoMoondragon DMDracoMoondragon is offline
Black Swordsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 21st, 2013
RPXP: 16
DMDracoMoondragon
Posts: 423
Dice Stealth Check:
1d20+14 (11)+14 Total = 25


Once more trying to sneak up on the oni, Zariel attempts to move from where she was hiding to just on the other side of Shinobi from her. Once there, however, she would strike at the oni's flank, hoping to wound it the way she had its kin before. She hoped she was quiet and sneaky enough to do so unseen.

 
__________________
"You can go anywhere you want in this world with a single blade. This may be a virtual world, but I feel more alive here than in the real world." -Kirito/Kirigaya Kazuto, Sword Art Online
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old Feb 7th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Lightened Lightened is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2013
RPXP: 54
Lightened
Posts: 134
Lanaya just narrowly managed to avoid the demon's crushing assault - it was way too close, but she had no choice if she wanted to engage the fierce oni, and now it was her turn to dish out attacks on the demon. Taking another step forward, she lunged at him with the fiery blade, twirling around and trying to catch his side with it.

 


 


 

Last edited by Lightened; Feb 7th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old Feb 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
~Round 2 Summary~
 


Shinobi and Zariel each try their best to harm the oni, but its skin proves too tough to pierce. A wave of cold seems to burst forth from the demon's body, and both Shinobi and Lanaya feel the chill worsen around them. Talhoffer's magical bolts hit the Oni hard, and it staggers a bit. But what really finishes it off is Lanaya's fierce assault. A burst of fire seems to overwhelm the oni, and it falls to it's knees before shattering into ice just like its fellow had, the weapon and armor lying atop the pile.
~End of Round 2, End of Combat~
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru

Last edited by Aerandor; Feb 9th, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB