Game Thread The Miyamakoori Monastery - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Frozen Wind One-Shot Adventure
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 09:33 AM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 7332
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,966
Shinobi smiles and nods back at Lanaya though the ninja's motives were based on the fact that she is very effective versus these ice ONI and not necessarily on kindness. Looks as though his mission may be successful but must confirm the body first.

Shinobi tries to Int roll
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
remember if they are going the right way. Not sure, Shinobi follows her.
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; Feb 25th, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM
DMDracoMoondragon's Avatar
DMDracoMoondragon DMDracoMoondragon is offline
Black Swordsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 21st, 2013
RPXP: 16
DMDracoMoondragon
Posts: 423
Zariel took the coat back, but she merely dropped it, having no need for it anymore. Well, I don't need this anymore. They all pretty much know, anyway. She unsheathed her rapiers once more and followed the others.
__________________
"You can go anywhere you want in this world with a single blade. This may be a virtual world, but I feel more alive here than in the real world." -Kirito/Kirigaya Kazuto, Sword Art Online
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 05:03 PM
brann miekka's Avatar
brann miekka brann miekka is offline
Justiciar of Peregratas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 15th, 2022
RPXP: 2421
brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka
Posts: 4,267
Talhoffer takes up his position in the back and absent mindedly twirls his wand between his fingers. He readies himself to grease the floor at a moment notice.
__________________
wear the chains you forged in life, link by link.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 11:11 PM
PopCultureBard's Avatar
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard is offline
Captain F-in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2023
RPXP: 25815
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Posts: 6,976
Isaru follow the group, relieved to be on the move again. He steps quickly to take a position near the front again but he doesn't pass Lanaya unless she indicates that she'd prefer it. Her efforts in dispatching the oni previously has proven her effectiveness in defending herself. Glancing left, then right, the samurai grits his teeth and frowns.

"I did not work to commit the path from the abbot's office to my room to memory. Does anyone know which building we need to reach?"
__________________
Playing - High Risk, Heist Reward | The Grand Tour
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
 


"I think it's to the right from here..." Lanaya says in answer to Isaru's question. The group takes a right and finds themselves approaching the garden area of the monastery. The cold is quite chilling now, though thankfully, it seems to have stopped dropping. Either that or it's just impossible to tell the difference anymore. Despite the intense cold, the snow continues falling unabated, and the snow on the ground seems to have 1/2 movement speed while outsidedeepened to about 2 feet. Between the wind and the snow fall, it becomes Visibility reduced to 10 feet in front of you.difficult to see what lies ahead.

 
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 01:49 AM
DMDracoMoondragon's Avatar
DMDracoMoondragon DMDracoMoondragon is offline
Black Swordsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 21st, 2013
RPXP: 16
DMDracoMoondragon
Posts: 423
Dice Perception:
1d20+8 (2)+8 Total = 10


Zariel didn't mind the cold much, but the low visibility made things a little bothersome for her. "Well, this is quite the pain. Even my father would have had trouble in weather such as this." She wasn't sure if any of them would have known who her father was, but it sounded impressive, at least.
__________________
"You can go anywhere you want in this world with a single blade. This may be a virtual world, but I feel more alive here than in the real world." -Kirito/Kirigaya Kazuto, Sword Art Online

Last edited by DMDracoMoondragon; Mar 8th, 2013 at 01:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Lightened Lightened is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 14th, 2013
RPXP: 54
Lightened
Posts: 134
Lanaya tried her hardest to see through the thick, white layer still falling from the heavens, but had to give it up soon - no matter how hard she tried, her eyes couldn't pierce the brilliant, concealing curtain of the ever-falling snow. Incredibly glad for the cold-weather clothes, she nestled against the thick wool more and spoke as quiet as she dared while still making sure the other four could hear her. "We should stay within a step of each other... the oni might be here. And I bet they can see better than we can in these conditions." Carefully, with her eyes to the left so she could see the others, she took a small step forward.

Dice Perception:
1d20+2 (11)+2 Total = 13

Last edited by Lightened; Mar 10th, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
brann miekka's Avatar
brann miekka brann miekka is offline
Justiciar of Peregratas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 15th, 2022
RPXP: 2421
brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka
Posts: 4,267
Talhoffer nods his assent and says, "Aye, we should be out of here as quickly as possible, though, it is tactically unsound to get caught out in the open like this." As he steps up, he also casts his
Dice perception:
1d20+4 (16)+4 Total = 20
gaze around, hoping not to get jumped from within the blizzard.
__________________
wear the chains you forged in life, link by link.

Last edited by brann miekka; Mar 12th, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 24th, 2023
RPXP: 7332
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,966
As the group enters the deeper snow it appears as though Toshi is two feet taller than some as his boots allow him to travel unimpaired walking on top of the snow. "Toshi agrees that we should remain close and not lose each other. Keep close eye on Lanaya. That suit I gave her blends in with the snow (+2 Stealth)."

Toshi/Shinobi Perception
Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (3)+9 Total = 12
looks about for anything out of the ordinary.
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; Mar 12th, 2013 at 10:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
The group continues forward, suddenly finding themselves on the circular pathway that surrounds the garden of meditation. The visible features of the garden are no longer evident, now buried in a thick layer of snow, making it impossible to distinguish a snow bank from a large boulder, or a flat section of grass from the small pond that sits near the center of the garden. Although the pathway is covered by a slanted tile roof, keeping no movement penalty while on the pathsome of the snow off of the stone, it does nothing to improve visibility or reduce the blowing of the icy cold wind and snow.
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru

Last edited by Aerandor; Mar 12th, 2013 at 02:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 06:03 PM
DMDracoMoondragon's Avatar
DMDracoMoondragon DMDracoMoondragon is offline
Black Swordsman
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 21st, 2013
RPXP: 16
DMDracoMoondragon
Posts: 423
Zariel looked around, imagining the former beauty of the garden. "I can only imagine how pretty this place is on a regular basis. Other than the snow, there's something peaceful about it."
__________________
"You can go anywhere you want in this world with a single blade. This may be a virtual world, but I feel more alive here than in the real world." -Kirito/Kirigaya Kazuto, Sword Art Online
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:22 PM
brann miekka's Avatar
brann miekka brann miekka is offline
Justiciar of Peregratas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 15th, 2022
RPXP: 2421
brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka
Posts: 4,267
Ears perking up Talhoffer stops moving and says, "ware, there are beasts about," as quietly as he can to make sure all hear him. He points towards the garden ahead and to the left with his wand and says, "There, approach carefully. Lanaya, you said you could produce a flame, correct? I shall slick the area with oil, you need only produce the fire. What is beyond is not human, it grunts like an animal."
__________________
wear the chains you forged in life, link by link.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
Suddenly, a whooshing sound can be heard, followed a moment later by two huge balls of ice, one of which crashes against a wall of one of the nearby buildings, while the other hits Zariel full-force in the chest.
 
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 08:46 PM
PopCultureBard's Avatar
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard is offline
Captain F-in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 8th, 2023
RPXP: 25815
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Posts: 6,976
The sudden assault sends Isaru into a crouch, ice peppering his face and arms. His eyes snap in the direction of the attack and he braces the naginata along his forearm. "We move or we fight. Flames and magic need to come now or not at all." He looks between the two mages to gauge their intention. He seems edgy,
Dice Initiative:
1d20+2 (12)+2 Total = 14
ready to move, as he turns his gaze toward the snow to try and
Dice Perception:
1d20 1
pick out some sign of their enemy.
__________________
Playing - High Risk, Heist Reward | The Grand Tour
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 10:42 PM
brann miekka's Avatar
brann miekka brann miekka is offline
Justiciar of Peregratas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 15th, 2022
RPXP: 2421
brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka
Posts: 4,267
Talhoffer looked with a measured gaze as the balls of ice slammed into the wall, and feeling now or never he sprayed a coat of oil over the surrounding snow; hoping lanaya would light it up. Not eager to be hit with such a painful looking projectile, Talhoffer made his way to the back of the group as
Dice Initiative:
1d20+5 (15)+5 Total = 20
fast as he could.
__________________
wear the chains you forged in life, link by link.

Last edited by brann miekka; Mar 21st, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB