Game Thread The Fall of Kenabres (B) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 10:25 PM
vampirehunter42's Avatar
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 is offline
Just me
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 19th, 2014
RPXP: 1736
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42
Posts: 4,525
Lendonna

 
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Lothiangamer's Avatar
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 6th, 2014
RPXP: 1142
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer
Posts: 1,255
Kneeling at the unconscious elf Garith completed a brief examination of his wounds, coming to the conclusion he was stable but would be in some pain once he awoke, His eyes were gone, destroyed by the flames which burned most of his face.

Garith pulled of his cloak and began to tear it into strips. he carefully Heal Check
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (20)+1 Total = 21
tied one of the strips around the eyes of the elf.

"This one will live, but he'll be in considerable pain when he regains consciousness and his eyes are gone, destroyed by fire." Garith stood looking at the small globe of light.

"Rachel, Are you able to conjour more of that light, or enlarge the area. I would like to see more of our surroundings. That looks like it could be a wall" he said pointing in one direction. "but what about that direction?" lowering his arm and turning to face the opposite direction.

Last edited by Lothiangamer; Sep 2nd, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Sep 2nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
Evil/Insane_Genius's Avatar
Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius is offline
I am the Beast-Master!
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2015
RPXP: 996
Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius
Posts: 6,444
Rachel

Rachel grimaces. "Unfortunately, at this time this is the extent of the radius of my light. I could dispell it and recast it on a different point, but that is the best I can do. I forget that humans can't see as much in dimmer light."

After a moments thought, she looks to the opening of the cave and says, "I think our situation would best be suited by either those that can see in the dark," she points to the half-orc and the dwarf, "scouting ahead, or we simply press on as a group. If demons and devils are running amok above ground, there is little evidence to support the false assertion that we would be completely safe from harm simply by being below ground."

She speaks almost as if giving a lecture, her voice coming out in a even pattern of diction that indicates an educated background of some sort. She will wander the edges of the room they are currently in, allowing others to get an idea of the dimensions of the room.
__________________
Yes, that is me with a wild owl on my arm as my avatar.

Also see my stuff on my blog, Rebel Gaming!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:22 PM
Elfman6's Avatar
Elfman6 Elfman6 is offline
knows too much
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2023
RPXP: 13645
Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6
Posts: 4,506
Goron of Clan Steelsoul

The dwarf watched the others for long moments. They had given names and if the worst occurred, Goron would be able to perform the necessary rites. He wouldn't tell them that though. It was a little premature. No, best to stick with the present. They were alive and mostly uninjured; that was what was important. It would have been better if they hadn't demonstrated discomfort with the stone around them, but so be it. He shifted the straps of the pack hidden beneath his cloak. You are ready to march. You are ready to fight. Be prepared to lead.

The sharp cry of the woman drew his attention. She was hurt; that was clear. However, she was quiet about it; stoic even. Dwarf-like. Not like the man who wailed and carried on. Truly he was panicked, but the way he flailed about bespoke of no injury that Goron was familiar with. That left the elven man, but Garith was already tending to him; quite competently so. The proper order of tending was thus decided.

The dwarf's feet thudded against the stone as he joined Krugorim next to the woman. I hope he doesn't expect me to immediately hate him. Got enough problems. Eh, probably not. Seems civilized enough. He knelt in front of the woman, a single knee on the ground, and looked at her through the mask. "You keep still now" he said as he placed his right hand upon the broken leg "the Father of Creation guides all." A soft red glow Cure Light Wounds
Dice Roll:
1d8+1 (8)+1 Total = 9
emanated from the dwarf's hand, flowing into the woman's leg. A soft reflection of steel can be briefly seen the light of Rachel's spell. With a nod the dwarf returns to his feet before stomping over to the wailing man.

Placing his fists on his hips, he glowered down at him. If the woman's words were enough to calm him, then good. If not, then Goron had a few choice words for this... this non-dwarf.
__________________
Outplay 2011 Second Place
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Medesha's Avatar
Medesha Medesha is offline
She's a genius.
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 7th, 2018
RPXP: 6023
Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha
Posts: 6,351
After he plops down on Lendonna's cloak, the human man allows the woman's "healing" for only a minute or two before waving her off. "Very well, very well. No need to lay the sugar on so thickly. I see you've recognized my importance, and I'm gratified. I AM a very important man after all. Very important." He glances at the ceiling. "I suppose we're all trapped down here together, then? None can whisk us out by means of magic or flight? Though again we might not want to rise to the surface quite right away, hey? Give the crusaders a little time to sort all this out."

He sits back a bit more comfortably on the cloak and surveys the group. "Not perhaps my first choice of rescuers, but you'll do. You all seem armored and such. As I mentioned I'm quite an important figure up top. Horgus Gwerm's the name. Get me back up there with all my bits in the right place and I'll see you're rewarded handsomely. VERY handsomely." He gives Lendonna a broad smile.

Meanwhile, Garith neatly bandages the elven man's ruined eyes and then Goron steps over to the human woman. With a whispered prayer and a touch of his faintly glowing hand, Goron bestows a measure of healing on the human woman. She sighs quietly as his healing magic sinks into her calf. As Goron moves to turn away, the woman puts a hand on his arm. "Thank you, healer," she says in a low, clear voice. "The pain is much subdued, though I fear the bone is shattered and will require stronger healing than you possess. Still, with a bit of stick or a strong arm to lean on, I will be able to walk now. I'm called Anevia."

Last edited by Medesha; Sep 4th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Lothiangamer's Avatar
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 6th, 2014
RPXP: 1142
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer
Posts: 1,255
Whitestar suddenly came into Gariths thoughts, "I was riding Whitestar when we fell" he said ,"where is he" he spoke the last few words almost with a touch of panic. Garith Perception
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (19)+1 Total = 20
looked into the darkness and listened for the sounds of his mount.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Kanavel's Avatar
Kanavel Kanavel is offline
Where the heck am I?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 9th, 2019
RPXP: 280
Kanavel Kanavel Kanavel
Posts: 503
The dampness of the under earth was all about Krugorim. The musty smell was in his nose as it permeates the air. He still had not taken any time to clean himself off. He was not concerned about his personal appearance. Growing up as a half-orc, an outcast generally from both bloodlines, he learned to live on his own and was proud enough to know who and what he was. He was not going to let situations bring him down. He continues to observe the others. He is curious about what this room is here in the under earth. His thoughts are continually distracted by the loud spoken human.

The incessant whining of the one who calls himself Horgus, was really getting on Krugorim's nerves. He did not have much patience for blathering idiots who thought money could buy them anything they desired. For a moment the half-orc considered walking over and helping the man to feel the pain equal to the amount of whining he was doing. Yet he decided the man was nothing more than a bothersome gnat and let it be.

Krugorim watches as the dwarf provides healing to the woman's broken leg. He was impressed with the healing magic the dwarf was using. The half-orc's personality was more that of his mother than his father. As such, he had no feelings of ill will towards the dwarf or really any of the others. His natural instincts learned as a member of his orc tribe would have him treat the dwarf and elf differently. But he was indifferent. He always waited for an individual to prove themselves on their own personal merit rather than the color of their skin or the bloodlines which ran through his or her veins.

Just then his eyes seemed to focus on something in the darkness of the room--opposite of the wall. "I can help you walk, so you do not hurt your leg any further. But first I much check on something." He stood up and carefully began to make his way across the room away from the others and into the darkness. He passed beyond the reach of the light given by the staff.
__________________
Quality boots for wading into combat...50 gp
Shield that actually works...200 gp
Sword that doesn't fall out of its hilt...350 gp
Facing the enemy in melee combat and realizing you forgot your codpiece...Priceless
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 11:44 PM
vampirehunter42's Avatar
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 is offline
Just me
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 19th, 2014
RPXP: 1736
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42
Posts: 4,525
Lendonna

'Thank you mother for teaching me how to deal the the nobles of this city.' At that she begins to wonder if her parents have gotten to safety above. They can protect themselves but the chaos above is far beyond their skill. Putting those thoughts aside she puts her mind back to the tasks at hand.

"Thank you sir, we will get you and the others back to the surface safely." Smiling politely back at Horgus Gwerm, Lendonna attempts to Knowledge (local)
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (10)+7 Total = 17
recall the name.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Medesha's Avatar
Medesha Medesha is offline
She's a genius.
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 7th, 2018
RPXP: 6023
Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha
Posts: 6,351
As you gather your bearings and begin tending to the wounded, something catches Krugorim's attention. He moves to the edge of the camp and peers into the shadows. His interest draws the group's attention, and you all see some sort of shadowy mass lurking 10 feet or so from the edge of camp.

Garith suddenly cries out. "I was riding Whitestar when we fell! Where is he?" Garith begins scanning the area but Whitestar does not appear to be in the vicinity.




Last edited by Medesha; Sep 11th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Kanavel's Avatar
Kanavel Kanavel is offline
Where the heck am I?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 9th, 2019
RPXP: 280
Kanavel Kanavel Kanavel
Posts: 503
The half-orc stands still just inside the edge of darkness. A massive shadow against the pitch blackness of the area surrounding those trapped in this underground chamber. His hand slowly reaches into the air and over his back gripping the hilt of his sword securely strapped there. In a fluid but cautious motion he draws his sword. With a side glance over his shoulder noting the position of the injured folk he speaks.

"Does your horse have eight legs and a poisonous bite? He emphasized the word horse when he spoke it. As a bard may emphasize the pun of a joke or story he is telling.

Krugorim recognizes the high threat to the injured folk as well as to the others. With the battle cry of his orc tribe he launches into an attack of a creature still unseen by others.

 
__________________
Quality boots for wading into combat...50 gp
Shield that actually works...200 gp
Sword that doesn't fall out of its hilt...350 gp
Facing the enemy in melee combat and realizing you forgot your codpiece...Priceless
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Evil/Insane_Genius's Avatar
Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius is offline
I am the Beast-Master!
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2015
RPXP: 996
Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius
Posts: 6,444
Rachel
HP: 7/7
AC: 13 (17 after mage armor)


Rachel looks to the shadowy mass and takes a small step forward before suddenly Krugorim bursts into action. Charging foward to attack it, he begins to attack whatever the shadowy form is. Rachel let's prudence guide her actions as she casts a spell on herself. She speaks out in a clear voice, "May the unseen hand of Nethys protect my body from harm and danger.". A light blue shimmer of energy dances about her body as she steps forward to shed more light onto whatever creature is lurking in the shadows.

 


 
__________________
Yes, that is me with a wild owl on my arm as my avatar.

Also see my stuff on my blog, Rebel Gaming!

Last edited by Evil/Insane_Genius; Sep 11th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Lothiangamer's Avatar
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 6th, 2014
RPXP: 1142
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer
Posts: 1,255
Garith Gainsborough
HP: 13
AC:16 (18 with shield), FF15 (16 with shield), touch 11

Searching the darkness for sight or sound of Whitestar, the light from Rachels spell a short distance behind him Gariths eyes began to adjust slightly to the darkness and a large shape began to reveal itself.

Not Whitestar thought Garith, as he began to remove his shield and strap it to his left arm. he moved cautiously forward. The Half-orc, Garith noticed had also spotted the shadowy mass as Krugorim spoke "Does your horse have eight legs and a poisonous bite?" and then launched himself upon the creature.

Garith withdrew his longsword from its scabbard as he strode forward towards the enormous creature , putting himself between it and the remaining group.

 
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Sep 11th, 2013, 05:17 PM
vampirehunter42's Avatar
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 is offline
Just me
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 19th, 2014
RPXP: 1736
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42
Posts: 4,525
Lendonna
HP:9
AC:15

Watching Krugorim and Garith head to battle the shadowy shape, Lendonna glances at Hougus. "Say right here sir. I think those two can take care of this thing."

She then takes a few steps towards the shape, kneels and readies her bow. She knows she is not a fighter and fireing an arrow into a battle in this light would be a danger to all involved. She then watches for a chance to help or for the others to complete the job.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Sep 12th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Elfman6's Avatar
Elfman6 Elfman6 is offline
knows too much
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2023
RPXP: 13645
Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6
Posts: 4,506
No one had ever accused dwarves of being quick. They were as the stone; enduring and tough. Of course, other people might also point out that a dwarf took so long to be ready that other people had already completed the task. This was something that would annoy a dwarf. A wiser dwarf would simply state 'avalanche' and be done with it. So it was that Goron was almost caught completely off guard by the orc warrior's sudden charge into darkness, distracted as he was between the woman's words and the gloating of the annoying man. He would never admit that the iron mask severely limited his vision...

Patting the woman on the arm, Goron did an about-face and drew the warhammer from it's resting place. A true warrior did not charge recklessly into the enemy. That was where the enemy wished him to be. Deny the enemy his wishes. Slowly he moved forward.

 
__________________
Outplay 2011 Second Place
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Medesha's Avatar
Medesha Medesha is offline
She's a genius.
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 7th, 2018
RPXP: 6023
Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha
Posts: 6,351
Moving to intercept the potential threat, Krugorim and Garith draw their weapons and approach the quivering bulk of the giant spider. The stench of death and decay seems to grow stronger in the cavern. Krugorim lets out a piercing battle cry and lunges at the spider, swinging with a single mighty blow. His sword slices easily through the spider's hide--too easily. The decaying flesh of the spider splits like tattered cloth, spilling out a mass of rotting organs.

The disturbance is enough to loose the real threats: two giant maggots, each one as long as Krugorim himself, that come boiling out of the spider's corpse. Tired of feasting on rotting flesh, they blindly writhe towards fresh hale sustenance--Krugorim and Garith being their closest targets.

Meanwhile, Rachel casts a quick enchantment and moves closer, better illuminating the battle scene with her light. Lendonna draws a bow to provide ranged support and Goron, solid as a mountain, treads toward his allies and the maggots.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB