Game Thread The Fall of Kenabres (B) - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Lothiangamer's Avatar
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 6th, 2014
RPXP: 1142
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer
Posts: 1,255
Garith Gainsborough
HP: 13
AC:16 (18 with shield), FF15 (16 with shield), touch 11

Garith walked purposefully towards the enormous spider only to see Krugorim easily slice through the rotten corpse. It was only when the 2 giant maggots slipped from the spiders interior did the true threat became apparent.

Garith stepped towards the giant maggots. Shield on his left arm, longsword held in his right hand, he Attack
Dice To hit:
1d20+5 (18)+5 Total = 23
Dice Damage:
1d8+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
slashed down at the undulating body of a maggot.

"one each." He yelled to Krugorim.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Evil/Insane_Genius's Avatar
Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius is offline
I am the Beast-Master!
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2015
RPXP: 996
Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius
Posts: 6,444
Rachel
HP: 7/7
AC: 17 with mage armor


Rachel takes a step back in horror at the sight of the two monstrous creatures spilling forth from the corpse of the giant spider. Trying very hard not to throw up what little food she ate in the morning, Rachel instead concentrates on helping her companions to defeat these creatures before they menace the less able of their group.

Stepping forth, she summons the arcane power and wills a small dart of acid to shoot in the direction of one of the maggots.

 


 
__________________
Yes, that is me with a wild owl on my arm as my avatar.

Also see my stuff on my blog, Rebel Gaming!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 11:21 PM
vampirehunter42's Avatar
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 is offline
Just me
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 19th, 2014
RPXP: 1736
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42
Posts: 4,525
Lendonna
HP:9
AC:15


As she watches the spider split open into two large maggots, Lendonna accesses the situation. 'Two targets and those two fighting with them. Taking a shot now would be dangerous for them. But any longer the dwarf will be in the battle as well. I'll hold out for now.' She keeps her bow at the ready not wanting to put new allies in danger of her own arrows.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Sep 17th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Elfman6's Avatar
Elfman6 Elfman6 is offline
knows too much
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2023
RPXP: 13645
Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6
Posts: 4,506
Goron of Clan Steelsoul, AC 15 (T:10, FF:15)

The dwarf smiled beneath the iron mask. His instinct was correct. Years of dwarven tradition had been proven correct once again. Those who rushed in were the ones to spring the trap. Countless numbers of goblins, orcs, and giants had painfully fulfilled that object lesson, and here again; and the orc-blooded no less, had proven it again. A blade would be a superior weapon here, but all that Goron carried was the humble dagger; a weapon of dark alleys and last resort. He would wield his hammer proudly. The fact that it might very well bounce off the spongy flesh of the over-sized maggots was irrelevant.

Rushing forward, Goron put the head of the hammer far behind him as he then brought the weapon overhead in powerful swing to Attack
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (18)+2 Total = 20
Damage
Dice Roll:
1d8+3 (8)+3 Total = 11
smash the agent of rot into a mushy a puddle of goo.

 
__________________
Outplay 2011 Second Place
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Medesha's Avatar
Medesha Medesha is offline
She's a genius.
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 7th, 2018
RPXP: 6023
Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha
Posts: 6,351
Garith calls out tactics as he hews at the maggots. With a powerful stroke he cleaves one of the bodies in half. Its two pale segments twitch disturbingly as it dies. Rachel calls out arcane words and a glowing yellow dart appears at her fingertips. The surviving maggot wriggles aside at the last moment, though, and the dart flies harmlessly past.

Silently Goron charges the surviving maggot, his face unreadable beneath his iron mask. He smashes his hammer down on the creature and it all but explodes into chunks of disgusting pulpy goo.

With the immediate threat resolved, your attention returns to your small group. In the wake of the battle, the elf has finally wakened. "Bal!" he exclaims, a common curse in the language wizards often use. "What has happened? Where are we?"

The rest of you have become accustomed to your situation by now and quickly bring the elf, who introduces himself as Aravashnial, up to speed. He takes in your information quickly and seems to pay scant attention to his own injuries. "Take care to describe what we encounter," is all he says, in a commanding voice. "I have a great deal of knowledge and experience you may find useful."

The human man, Horgus Gwerm, snorts at this statement but offers no explanation.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 06:05 PM
vampirehunter42's Avatar
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 is offline
Just me
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 19th, 2014
RPXP: 1736
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42
Posts: 4,525
Lendonna

Lendonna runs the name Knowledge (local)
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (4)+7 Total = 11
Aravashnial through her head.

After hearing from Aravashnial, Lendonna motions for the others to step to the side. Speaking quietly to whomever followed her, "He makes a point there. I have taken newcomers to different places around the city. But I have never done anything like this. Now i am not saying anything about leaving them, but we need to have a better plan than running into the darkness and hoping for the best. Even on the surface stuff like that can get you killed at best."

At that she catches herself and knows her mouth may have overridden itself once again. She then throws a wink and a wry smile to the half-orc to show it was more a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
Lothiangamer's Avatar
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 6th, 2014
RPXP: 1142
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer
Posts: 1,255
The threat neutralised Garith returned his attention to his fellow survivors, as that is how he wished to view them at this moment.

Upon the short discussion with the Elven wizard Aravashnial and Lendonna, Garith turns to Horgus Gwerm, "You wished to say something, Horgus I beleive your name is." Garith got the impression he did not really want to say anything but was looking for more Sense Motive
Dice Sense Motive:
1d20+5 (19)+5 Total = 24
insight into the man but also got the impression Diplomacy to get him onside
Dice Diplomacy:
1d20+1 (13)+1 Total = 14
he wanted people to think he was important.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Sep 23rd, 2013, 10:34 PM
Elfman6's Avatar
Elfman6 Elfman6 is offline
knows too much
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2023
RPXP: 13645
Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6 Elfman6
Posts: 4,506
Goron shook his head at the pulpy remains of the maggot. It was not a challenge, certainly not one that he would be proud to tell his father or his father's father. This was merely a bump on the road; a passing thought and naught else. The barest hint of a scratch on armour that would be forgotten as soon as one did his due diligence and polished that protective plate. Speaking of... The dwarf's gaze moved to the head of his hammer, now covered in thick goo. He snorted as a large globule pulled itself off, landing with a dull thud on the stone. He had no rags, but the corner of his cloak would serve. With practiced efficiency the ironclad priest wiped the head of his weapon to a gleaming shine, while the cloak gained a dark stain.

"Nobody is running anywhere girl. Slow and steady. This stone has held for hundreds of years if not thousands, it will hold a little longer. My people found the sun once before, I'll find it again."

Goron didn't really care for the one called Horgus. What mattered was finding the way back to the surface. There wasn't any food or water here, but a spider, especially one that large, would need something to feed on. There had to be an exit. By Torag, he wasn't going to die of exposure just to listen to a whiner. With a steady clomp clomp clomp, the dwarf began to slowly make his way into the darkness.
__________________
Outplay 2011 Second Place
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Evil/Insane_Genius's Avatar
Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius is offline
I am the Beast-Master!
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2015
RPXP: 996
Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius
Posts: 6,444
Rachel

Rachel's pointed ears prick at the sound of a curse in an arcane language. Turning, she goes to the blind mage and gently takes his arms. "Greetings, Aravashnial. I am Rachel Minoa. I also am a practitioner of the arcane arts. I'd be happy to lead you through this place, and protect you from any dangers. While we are together, perhaps you might wish to discuss some magical theory with me? I myself recently graduated from the Acadamae at Korvosa and would love to hear your thoughts on the controversial theories presented by Professors Flitwick and McGonagall."

Unless stopped, she speaks almost constantly, droning on about various theories pertaining to the arcane arts and studies.
__________________
Yes, that is me with a wild owl on my arm as my avatar.

Also see my stuff on my blog, Rebel Gaming!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Kanavel's Avatar
Kanavel Kanavel is offline
Where the heck am I?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 9th, 2019
RPXP: 280
Kanavel Kanavel Kanavel
Posts: 503
Krugorim stoically wipes maggot goo from off his raiment. He was too close to the overgrown devour of flesh when Goron acted, smashing it. The half-orcs hesitation in a moment of battle frustrated him. This is what he trained for and what his father taught him to be. His father taught him to survive and look out for himself. Shaking his head in self-disgust he could not figure out why, by all that's dark in a maelstrom, he chose to rush in to this fight in the first place. What benefit was there for him in that.

Knowing almost immediately the answer to his own question. It was his mother. He can still hear her words as she continually taught him to stick to a cause and see it through. To defend those that are defenseless and in need of aide. That is why he got into the whole career he was currently seeking employ. He wanted to be a protector--like his human mother.

The half-orc tries to
Dice Knowledge Nature:
1d20+5 (2)+5 Total = 7
recall anything he can regarding giant spiders, overgrown maggots, and the like.

Hearing the elven woman speak, Krugorim mutters under his breath. "Bah." And even quieter so only he could hear, "Elves..." Yet he recognized the wisdom Lendonna spoke.

The half-orc listens indirectly to the conversations taking place amongst the others. He continues to use the
Dice Perception:
1d20+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
sight granted him by his orc blood to look into the dark places around them. Hoping to gather some information that may help them. He recognizes the importance of getting back out of this place. He does not want to be down hear and perish. He has a quest he needs to finish for himself. Something he needs to find out before he does perish.

Pulling a cloth from his belt he wipes down his sword. He does not return it to its sheath just yet though. He wants to be ready if there is any other immediate danger near them. His mind is still reeling over the events, which had transpired and how he finds himself in his current situation. The attack of the demons, the death of a dragon, it all weighs heavy on his mind. What can it mean.

"Well fought Garith and Goron."
__________________
Quality boots for wading into combat...50 gp
Shield that actually works...200 gp
Sword that doesn't fall out of its hilt...350 gp
Facing the enemy in melee combat and realizing you forgot your codpiece...Priceless

Last edited by Kanavel; Sep 26th, 2013 at 10:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Medesha's Avatar
Medesha Medesha is offline
She's a genius.
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 7th, 2018
RPXP: 6023
Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha
Posts: 6,351
Goron seems disinclined to wait for the rest of you to prepare yourselves. He begins a slow trod into the darkness. That action, combined with your natural disinclination to remain in this cave any longer than necessary, spurs you into action. You scramble to retrieve your belongings and help your injured tagalongs to their feet. Rachel chatters eagerly with Aravashnial, the blind elf wizard. The wizard listens to her speech with a distracted air, constantly looking around although he cannot see a thing. He grips the young woman's shoulder tightly. "Apparently you have magical training and some sense. You may be my eyes. Tell me quickly if you see anything unusual."

Garith, meanwhile, helps Horgus Gwerm to his feet. "You wished to say something?" he asks Horgus. The man snorts again but appears flattered that someone noticed his disdain. "I've heard of this Aravashnial fellow. Demon-hunter, or so he calls himself. I wouldn't trust him any farther than...well, any farther than he can see." Gwerm chuckles at his own joke. Aravashnial must have heard this comment, but appears to be ignoring the man.

The human woman, Anevia, has the worst of it. With her leg tended to she can hobble along, but requires someone to lean on until a crutch of some type can be fashioned. Still she makes no complaint and bears the pain stoically.

As you make a final scan of the area before leaving, Rachel's light illuminates more of the cavern. You are indeed near a wall, against which lies more rubble fallen from above. You can see stone masonry blocks and bits of worked stone amid the rubble, indicating that some of it fell from the streets of Kenabres above. An arm here and a swatch of cloth there protrude from the rubble, marking the place where less-fortunate individuals than you will rest for eternity.


Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Kanavel's Avatar
Kanavel Kanavel is offline
Where the heck am I?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 9th, 2019
RPXP: 280
Kanavel Kanavel Kanavel
Posts: 503
Something in the rubble catches Krugorim's eye. Unable the chance to explore for fear of missing clues or something more tangible, which may help him and the others he slowly picks his way through the rubble. He is careful as he proceeds. Releasing one mess of trouble in one day is enough for his liking. When the half-orc arrives to the area, where he spotted something glinting in the darkness he crouches down and investigates.
__________________
Quality boots for wading into combat...50 gp
Shield that actually works...200 gp
Sword that doesn't fall out of its hilt...350 gp
Facing the enemy in melee combat and realizing you forgot your codpiece...Priceless
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 08:24 PM
vampirehunter42's Avatar
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 is offline
Just me
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 19th, 2014
RPXP: 1736
vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42 vampirehunter42
Posts: 4,525
Seeing Krugorim searching around, Lendonna thinks the half-orc has a good idea. 'Maybe some supplies can be found in the rubble. I don't think any of us has enough to feed everyone here.'

She begins to
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (3)+6 Total = 9
look around in the available light for anything salvageable for the group.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 02:08 PM
Lothiangamer's Avatar
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 6th, 2014
RPXP: 1142
Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer Lothiangamer
Posts: 1,255
A shrewd move thinks Garith as he spots Krugorim looking around the rubble strewn area.

"Sound thinking, I myself have little in the way of supplies and who knows how long it will take us to find a way to the surface." he nods approvingly. "Can we get some light over here, see if we can find anything we salvage. Gwerm could you have a look over there."

Garith cleans his sword with the remnants of his cloak, sheathing it before bending down toperception
Dice perception:
1d20+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
inspect the rubble for anything that may be of use.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 11:34 PM
Evil/Insane_Genius's Avatar
Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius is offline
I am the Beast-Master!
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 20th, 2015
RPXP: 996
Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius Evil/Insane_Genius
Posts: 6,444
Rachel

Quickly and quietly, Rachel conveys the scene in broad strokes to Aravashnial. She maintains the light source while the others search through the rubble. She patiently waits for the others to search for any supplies, though after a while she begins to hum distractedly and tap her foot with a restless rhythm.
__________________
Yes, that is me with a wild owl on my arm as my avatar.

Also see my stuff on my blog, Rebel Gaming!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB