Game Thread Ch 2: Heading North Part 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Ascent of The Starwhisperer > Game Threads
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
Ch 2: Heading North Part 2

The Starwhisperer has taken flight once again. Thinwiddle the gnome has assured Thamuz the crystal is working and since it was obtained by Thamuz's arch enemy, Ferrez has him monitoring it. Ferrez has also taken charge of getting the crew organized for flight. The sailors are about the deck setting the rigging and navigating the course. Thamuz has a lot on his mind and wondering what to do with Clydus and how to approach The Demon Sword, as he's curious about the person in the oracle's vision. Nerra and Kohana have made a promise to their new ally and are wondering how to fulfill it. These are all important things but the most pressing need seems to be saving the ice mephit, whom gives the crew a portable freezer. He's not doing well and likely has hours to live.

Current destination: Port Steam, a large city noted for steam-power and guns as well as other technical advancements.

Time before arrival: 3 hours, as long as the ship flies.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Dec 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
Thamuz moves in a dash, getting everything ready. He decides to have Clydus locked in the brig, stating that his treason deserves some form of punishment. He is to be monitored by Sharkbait, Blackear, Gray Claw, Razor, Wind Paws, Whiptail, Viggus, and Snarlz, in turns. The felines seem to be the only ones he can trust other than Cadrianna and William at the moment. He'd ask Vlix, Nerra and Pudding, but the latter have other things to do and the former makes Nerra uncomfortable.
He takes William with him to find the Demon Sword. Just before they enter his chambers, William swigs an detect thoughts 4 minutes.extract.
"So youah tha Demon Sword, eh? Welcome te tha Starwhisperer. Ahm tha Captain, name's Thamuz. This 'eah's moi son, William. Now, if'n ye don' moind Oi 'ave sum kwestchins fer ye. Furst, 'ave ye evah 'erd of me oah moi ship? Sekkind, whoi'd ye agree te come aboahd?"

OOC: The first few sentences should give enough of a delay for Will's detect thoughts to be in it's 3rd round results area.
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 21st, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,490
"Captain, you'll want to wait until the Sword has granted permission for you to enter," Nerra said. She was approaching the cabin that she'd given to the Demon Sword. Her arms were filled with a blanket, sheets and a pillow. Once she was standing next to the door, she kicked the bottom edge. "I've got bedding for your bunk." Turning slightly, she faced the two men next to her. "He's got a few rules. One of which is that no one, particularly men, are to enter his cabin without his express permission. Another is that he is to be permitted to dine alone. Kohana and I are slight exceptions to those rules. I am not responsible for whatever happens to those who break those two rules. Nor is Kohana."
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; Dec 17th, 2013 at 09:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Teal Musing's Avatar
Teal Musing Teal Musing is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2014
RPXP: 50
Teal Musing
Posts: 85
Moving with her usual lithe stride, Kohana approached from another direction, arriving behind Thamuz and William in time to hear the last of Nerra's comments. Sharp blue eyes took in the scene. It would be interesting to see how their captain took this bit of news. She nodded a greeting to anyone who acknowledged her presence.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Dec 17th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
The Demon Sword opens the door. A tall figure of about Thamuz's height in black spiked armor stands there. Sighing, I've been expecting a visit from you Captain. And I perceived, you seek to find out who and more importantly what I am. I'm sorry disappoint you. But I CAN'T REVEAL THAT YET. It's for your safety and the others.
Thamuz states that as Captain he has every right to know who his passengers are.
And I'm telling you to be patient. It's for your safety and my privacy. Just know that I mean you no harm. I think it little to ask as I'm not being paid.
William puts is hands to the temple of his head, Urgh. Dad, I think I got a head-ache.
The Demon Sword looks sharply at young William. It's from this helmet. It protects me from the numerous magiks that detect things like my nature, intentions, or thoughts. You should go sit down a bit. You'll be fine. Drink some cider with a pinch of vinegar and the ache will vanish.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 04:35 PM
SniperWolf's Avatar
SniperWolf SniperWolf is offline
R.I.P. Dungeon Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2020
RPXP: 196
SniperWolf SniperWolf
Posts: 1,554
Cadriana heads to the brig where Clydus is kept under guard and approaches the person currently on duty. "I just want to talk to him. I have some questions from earlier I need to finish asking." She tenses up a bit as she prepares herself for a very uncomfortable conversation.
__________________
You know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed - Zoe Washburne
Let me out of this cage, I don't need these wings, I don't need this rage - Raging Raven


Total Natural 1's: 13 Total Natural 20's: 12 Date Started: 11/19/07
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
The Brig:

Whiptail shrugs and hands Cadriana the keys to the brig. He steps aside so she can enter. Cadriana opens the door to find Clydus sitting on the floor staring at the wall. The man barely looks her way as she enters.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Dec 18th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 21st, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,490
"Will, you can either go get cider with vinegar from Puddin now, or you can wait for me. It's up to you, but unless Kohana is willing to stay with the Demon Sword," Nerra turned to look at the person in question. "We really need something shorter than that to call you. It really is a bit wordy..." The black feline woman turned her attention back to the young man before her. "Where was I? Ah, yes. Unless Kohana is willing to stay here, I probably should. Of course, Kohana could go with you and that would allow me to stay here." She turned to the other woman among the little group. "Well? Here or with William?" Remembering that she was holding bed linens, Nerra squeezed into the Demon Sword's cabin just long enough to set the sheet and blanket on the cot before returning to the passageway. "One you're settled, I can show you about the ship. Just call out my name and, providing they're in a helpful mood, one of the spirits should fetch me."
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Teal Musing's Avatar
Teal Musing Teal Musing is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2014
RPXP: 50
Teal Musing
Posts: 85
Kohana smiled and laughed lightly at Nerra's comment about her name. The feline woman could come up with a nick-name for her, if she chose to. After all, Kohana was also a nickname, although she kept that to herself. A moment of sadness may have shown in her expressive blue eyes, as the memory of her beloved grandfather crossed her consciousness. The Bard quickly covered that though, seizing on the subject-change that Nerra coincidentally offered.

"I'll go along with Will to the galley," she replied. Clearly Nerra had business with the Demon Sword, where she had only curiosity. The temptation to indulge that curiosity was huge, but she metaphorically bowed to Nerra's prior claim and instead turned to Will.

"Shall we?" she asked the boy, sweeping an arm expressively in the direction of the galley.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 06:59 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
William went along with Kohana to the galley, holding his head with both hands.

Thamuz looks to the Demon Sword. "Alroit, uh, Ted. Give me yer wurd that ye'll not 'arm me crew oah me ship nor endanja eitha ov the affoahmenshined pah'ties." Thamuz holds out his hand, which does not cross the threshold of the room, for how's that for a nickname?Ted to shake.
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan

Last edited by MalchiorTheForgotten; Dec 20th, 2013 at 07:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
Outside The Demon Swords new Quarters:

I will do my part to protect your crew from the dangers of the islands. You have my word that I'll not harm any unless they intend me harm or get in the way of my personal agenda, which has nothing to do with these people. As well, I accept the bard Kohana and Lady Oracle as my chaperones whilst on your vessel. The Demon Sword accepts Thamuz's hand. The grip is firm but not iron.
I don't know what Ted is. A name? If so, then I will accept it, though I'd prefer Lan. It's one I've been called in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 03:16 PM
SniperWolf's Avatar
SniperWolf SniperWolf is offline
R.I.P. Dungeon Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2020
RPXP: 196
SniperWolf SniperWolf
Posts: 1,554
Cadriana makes sure the doors are locked after entering the brig. "Hello Clydus, we never did get to finish our conversation from the mess hall. Let's make this as simple as possible. Where is the witch?"
__________________
You know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed - Zoe Washburne
Let me out of this cage, I don't need these wings, I don't need this rage - Raging Raven


Total Natural 1's: 13 Total Natural 20's: 12 Date Started: 11/19/07
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Dec 22nd, 2013, 09:52 AM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
A Connection Revealed: Cadriana

Clydus looks at Cadriana, a bit annoyed. Who ah ye anahoiw? Why ye wanna foind tha woich? She da devil itself.
Cadriana reveals who she was and what happened to her. And how she remembers him being there, watching. When she does, Clydus turns pale. If he looked uncomfortable in the mess hall, he's dripping in fear now. You're dead. Un of em vampoyers! The smell of urine and sweat.
He blinks and averts his cowering gaze from Cadriana. Oi wasn't gonna urt none one. Not Clydus. Jus' was doin' me job.
Cadriana doesn't have to pry much. The thought of one of the 'dead' visiting him makes Clydus spill everything. He tells her that the witch, whom goes by Lady V, is building an army of living corpses. That she plans to invade some islands and is looking for something- some kind of artifact. The small dwarfish men that scalped villagers in the streets- redcaps. The man that was in charge of rounding up villagers to become these corpses was Captain Hagis. It was Hagis that was going to have his way with Cadriana when she was younger, but a man with half black-half white hair called Judas interveined, and spared her that fate only to push her off a cliff.
Lady V took Cadriana's family, along with her entire villiage, to be part of her army, or worse- food for it.

Cadriana survived her fall off the cliff partially due to there being just enough water among the rocks and... her nature which was gifted upon her by Lady V. It was she that made Cadriana the way she is.

Last edited by Demandred69; Dec 22nd, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 03:13 AM
SniperWolf's Avatar
SniperWolf SniperWolf is offline
R.I.P. Dungeon Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2020
RPXP: 196
SniperWolf SniperWolf
Posts: 1,554
"Just doing your job?!! I remember all too well the sick satisfaction you had on you and your friends face as the fat man threw me down and tried to have his way with me. I will have vengeance for my family and friends taken from me that day, but first your gonna tell me where I can find the others. Start with your friend Judas, then the fat man and finally I'm saving the best for last. That she devil witch that threw me off the cliff!" Cadriana shivers with anticipation knowing she is so close to her goal after all these years. Still her heart sank after hearing what most likely became of her family, either turned into a soulless monster to add onto the witches army or thrown in as food. Either way there was no hope left for them, only the possibility of retribution.
__________________
You know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed - Zoe Washburne
Let me out of this cage, I don't need these wings, I don't need this rage - Raging Raven


Total Natural 1's: 13 Total Natural 20's: 12 Date Started: 11/19/07
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Dec 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
Clydus's face is red. He fiddles nervously and does his best to avoid your gaze. Moi fruind Andy an oi never wud urt a loidy loik dat. We just was koinda curious. Wanted a peek. Anahows, Cap'n Hagis wanted um observers. E loik it dat ways. Oi truly sorrys, Missy. You ave roight ta be upset. He quickly changes the subject. Hagis, E at sea somewheres. Been look'ns for a sutable hoist fer The Lady- um Lady V. Somethin wib her not aging. He runs a freckled hand through his pink mohawk. Lady V. She loiklies at er island. It somewhere north o' here. Neber bend der. And as fer Judas....you can ask Tamuz where his bruda is. Clydus risks a quick glance in your direction then turns away.

-------------------------

About an hour has past since the ship has taken off for Port Steam, the huge factory-like city where a possible cure for the ice mephit awaits. You are well above the ocean and below its all a green-blue, though a few tiny islands or shallow reefs dot this blue emptiness. Thamuz stands next to Blackear, who is currently steering the ship. Ferrez walks about giving an occasional order to the seven sailors currently adjusting the rigging. The lookout, the monky-like Dominik, shouts something and Ferrez calls over Ship Ahoy, Sssir!
Ship? Thiss far out? Blackear looks doubtful.
Ferrez approaches and points starboard. Thamuz grabs his telescope (or Ferrez's if he lacks one) and looks through it. A ship about twice the Starwhispers size is moving toward The Starwhisperer at an alarming rate. It's not a merchants frigate. Nor does it look like a military vessel. It is a heavier vessel but still light for an airship. The flag hoisted above the black sails is red with a golden chain spotting three green severed heads. The ship has a cannon.
Captain Thamuz tosses his now finished cigarette butt and spits. Filthy Raiders.
Ferrez nods. [B]Theys coming for usss.B]
Initiative for those on deck. I'll use the sailors on one init. Pirates on another. It will be atleast a minute before the others can be up on deck, pending any alarm. William is with Finwiddle the gnome in the rear of the ship, playing with mechanical gadgets. Nerra is in her room with Shandar, who is napping. The Demon Swords room is across Nerras and next to Kohana's. Linath's room is next to the Library and close to the crew quarters. Cadriana is with Clydus. A guard, Whiptail paces the hallway. It is about 8 am.
The raiding vessel may or may not attack. It may hail you, but they are moving fast, almost deliberately. Perhaps they feel the smaller airship a private merchant and easy prey. They will have closed in on you before the people below deck can come up. You could order to flee. Its wide open with nowhere to hide, but The Starwhisperer is a sleek and quick vessel. Orders are in Captain Thamuz's hands!

Last edited by Demandred69; Dec 24th, 2013 at 05:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:24 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB