Game Thread Ch 2: Heading North Part 2 - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Ascent of The Starwhisperer > Game Threads
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 08:53 AM
HaplessWithDice's Avatar
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice is offline
Now in Chibi style
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 124
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice
Posts: 898
The Magus Linath the is doing what any smart man would do when heading into a area he knows nothing about. He is sitting in the ship's library researching the island, trying to find any scrap of information on it. Going in blind is foolishness, but having a good idea of what was there was so much smarter. Ultimately he could ask the demon sword about the island but that one made his sword nervous. Never good upsetting a sentient weapon.
__________________
"There is no such thing as over kill, just 'open fire' and 'crap, I need to reload'."

Last edited by HaplessWithDice; Dec 28th, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 11:18 AM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
The Init:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12
Captain debates his options. He tries to Prof: Sailor
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (19)+11 Total = 30
recognize the flag on the other ship, but ultimately he calls out. "All 'ands on deck! We got us a foit!"
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 21st, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,490
Nerra, busy organizing things in the infirmary, looked up when a spirit spoke to her. "Captain's ordered us above deck?" she inquired, trying to make sure she'd heard it right. The spirit nodded. "Thanks." The black clad woman hurried towards her room. She knocked on Kohana's door and Lan's. "Captain wants us."
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
On Deck:

The ship closes on the Starwhisperer quickly, as your crew has begun to ready for combat. It tries to maneuver along side, where it's cannon can get in a good shot, but Thamuz and Ferrez already have to crew and ship organized. The Starwhisperer, a smoother ship, banks off to the side and the cannon shot goes wide. Chain Shot. Thamuz recognizes the heavy iron balls attached to each end of a chain, used to take out masts.
Orcsss Ferrez points toward the deck of the attacking vessel. Sure enough, there is a large assemblage of orcs upon the deck. A tall figure in a black cloak amog them. As well, to large armored figures, Ogres. The enemy vessel is trying to get within boarding distance. A grappling hook, for hauling in The Starwhisperer, is launched. It hits the rearend of the ship, but doesn't latch on. Finwiddle's head pops up from the energy cristal's compartment. Wha wad that, Cap'n? Trying to break ye new crystal? He sees the orc raiding ship and frowns, Oh. Dat it.
A few shots are fired and Black Ear drops to the deck, holding his left leg. As well, a few arrows are fired and someone cries out, but not in Thamuz's view.

Round One begins: The ships are side beside now and 40 feet apart. The enemy is readying the two ogres to be swung over. There are about thirty enemy targets as of now. Note: the cloaked figure is now hidden behind a swarm of bloodthirsty orcs and two heavily armored war ogres.
Begin round one actions.
Nerra, Linath, Cadriana, & Kohana may enter combat on round two. Note: Any armor they have must be donned or they go unarmed. Only Thamuz and a sparce few crewmembers are armored.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 02:18 AM
HaplessWithDice's Avatar
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice is offline
Now in Chibi style
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 124
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice
Posts: 898
((Just a question, since I didn't stop to grab armor, and came up with the crew, shouldn't I be on deck with them at the start of round 1?))
__________________
"There is no such thing as over kill, just 'open fire' and 'crap, I need to reload'."
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Dec 31st, 2013, 01:52 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
Thamuz moves to the helm, taking the wheel when Black Ear falls. "Medic!" he calls out. He decides his best course of action is to use his ship to it's full potential. He knows he can Profession Sailor:
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (15)+11 Total = 26
out maneuver the enemy vessel, so, he'll bait them into doing what he wants them to do. He'll pilot the ship in a manner to make them lose men. He tries to move the ship into a range the enemy thinks they can board from, then pull away, causing their men to fall to their deaths. He'll dodge their shots if he can, but calls to the crew anyway: "'S' bout te get 'airy! 'Ang on 'n stop 'em from boahdin 'n hookin' us in!"
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 10:38 AM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 21st, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,490
Knowing her friends would be without their medic if she went down, Nerra was about to step into her cabin and don her armor when she heard a roar of pain. "Crap!" Spinning, the medic took off for the main deck. "Magic vestment!" she called out as she climbed the stairs.

 
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 01:13 PM
HaplessWithDice's Avatar
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice is offline
Now in Chibi style
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 124
HaplessWithDice HaplessWithDice
Posts: 898
(Round 1)
Following the crew up as they report for Duty on Deck Linath assess the Situation and begins to cast the sheild spell on his way up to the deck. An alarm like this could only mean trouble, and stopping to get his armor might not be worth the time. Thankfully he never went anywhere without Ebon Heart, so his sword was on his side at times like this.
__________________
"There is no such thing as over kill, just 'open fire' and 'crap, I need to reload'."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 01:40 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
1st Boarding Attempt:

Thamuz takes the wheel and steers the ship away from the raider. The orcs stall in trying to send the ogres over to the Starwhisperer. However, being orcs and blodthirsty, two of the orcs try to leap the 40 feet between the ships. One trips and lands embarrassingly but harmlessly on the deck of the raider. The other gets halfway between the two ships and plummets to the sea, half a mile below.
Linath follows one of the catfolk up to the deck and sees whats going on. Nerra is up shorty after. She looks about and sees a man with an arrow in his shoulder. The husky Carlton Weatherby is trying to get the arrow out of it. He sees Nerra, I think its barbed

The catfolk that was in front of Linath was carrying three longbows. She heads toward where Ferrez, Black Ear, and Thamuz are- at the helm. One bow is handed to Sharkbait, along with a quiver.
Black Ear , gripping his bleeding leg, stands and leans against the pilot box. Ferrez draws his sabre. Razor has his great axe out and Vlix has his chopper. Others are looking for weapons, while trying to stay concealed from bullets and arrows.
While a few orcish arrows whiz harmlessly past, most of the orcs seem to be concentrating on preparing for boarding. Others are using their weapons to bang on their shields. A bald savage-looking man wearing little but paint and tatooes bangs a gong and a huge orc in samurai-style armor comes up from below deck on the raider. He grunts commands and orcs begin to organize. However, they are slowed by Thamuz's attempts to keep his ship just outa reach.
(currently below deck: Cadriana, Kohana, William(alchemy ), Shandar(library), The Demon Sword(preparing armor), Pudding(pantry), Glugwart (cleaning bilge), Whiptail (guard duty), Clydus (locked in room) Everyone else is on deck and readying for attack.

Round 2:
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 04:48 PM
Teal Musing's Avatar
Teal Musing Teal Musing is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2014
RPXP: 50
Teal Musing
Posts: 85
Kohana was stunned out of the enjoyment of a cup of tea by the captain's call. Grabbing her gear, she rushed to get on deck, to find chaos and raiders attempting to board. Swearing colourfully under her breath, she assessed the situation.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 04:25 PM
SniperWolf's Avatar
SniperWolf SniperWolf is offline
R.I.P. Dungeon Master
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2020
RPXP: 196
SniperWolf SniperWolf
Posts: 1,554
Just as she finished her interrogation of Clydus the all hands on deck alarm sounded. Knowing that she had very little time Cadriana rushes out of the room and locks it behind her making sure the traitor doesn't get out. Foregoing her armor she runs as fast as she can up deck too see what was going on.
__________________
You know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed - Zoe Washburne
Let me out of this cage, I don't need these wings, I don't need this rage - Raging Raven


Total Natural 1's: 13 Total Natural 20's: 12 Date Started: 11/19/07
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 12:14 PM
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten is offline
Servant of the Tower
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1516
MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten MalchiorTheForgotten
Posts: 3,975
Thamuz laughs as he sees his plan working. If he can stall until his crew is ready, he knows they'll have the upper hand, and he needs to stay out of the way of cannonfire. He continues his
Dice Roll:
1d20+11 (2)+11 Total = 13
piloting and calls out. "Down 'em from 'eah! Oi bet if we 'it 'em 'ahd now they'll sod off!"
__________________
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence."
-Vyvyan

Last edited by MalchiorTheForgotten; Jan 5th, 2014 at 12:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Demandred69's Avatar
Demandred69 Demandred69 is offline
Former Staff
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2022
RPXP: 452
Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69 Demandred69
Posts: 2,854
Kohana and Cadriana make their way up deck. Both see the orc raiders trying to close on the Starwhisperer. Nearby, one of the newer crewmen asks What the bloody hell did the Cap'n say?
Another crewman answersBeats the crap outa me. 'E a good Cap'n though fer one in need o' translation.
Linath , seeing the cannon, begins to chant. The air around him grows warm and smoke begins to rise. His hand turns red as he points at the cannon. A fire ball erupts forth and consumes the ballistic. The flames connect with the gun powder and soon a good part of the orcish ship is a blaze. Two orcs are on fire and a third tumbles overboard. The wooden deck under the cannon disintegrates and the cannon drops through.
Hopes you no planss for commandeering the cannon, Cap'n. Black Ear says to Thamuz as he notches an arrow to his bow string.
Thamuz pulls the ship away from the orcs but they lean their vessel into the quicker ship. There isn't much time but four orcs attempt to leap over, two using ropes. One falls but three board. One with a boarding axe and two pulling out falchions. The closest defenders are Nerra, who is aiding a fallen sailor, Carlton Weatherby, Kohana, and Cadriana.
Nerra pulls the arrow safely out of the man's shoulder and stops the bleeding with her healing skills.

Again, Thamuz's piloting prevents the orcs from sending the ogres over.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Jan 6th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Cristal08Darkmoon's Avatar
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 21st, 2023
RPXP: 2591
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Posts: 4,490
With the man patched up, Nerra stands and surveys the deck. Upon seeing the three orcs she snaps, "Heaven's Wrath!" A well crafted glaive appears in her hand. Need to help more than myself. An almost evil smirk touches her mouth as a new spell comes to mind. She slashes her free hand across her torso. "Aura of doom!"

 
__________________
"When people say a knight's job is all glory, I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Often I can stop laughing before they edge away and talk about soothing drinks." ~Lord Raoul in Squire
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Teal Musing's Avatar
Teal Musing Teal Musing is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2014
RPXP: 50
Teal Musing
Posts: 85
Kohana began to sing the spell that would call up a spectral choir on the enemy ship, that would torment their attackers. If all went according to her plan, many of the enemy ship's crew would soon be in highly distracting agony.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB