Game Thread Chapter One: Aspiring Chaos - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > At Midnight: Convergence
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jun 1st, 2017, 08:42 PM
Snowbluephoenix Snowbluephoenix is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 29th, 2019
RPXP: 50
Snowbluephoenix
Posts: 34
Illia Glory, AC=16, Fort=2,Con=10,W=6/Perception -2,Sense Motive -2
left-aligned image

For a few seconds, Illia's face doesn't react as she calculates potential outcomes. Her tail continues its lazy swishing motion through the air. Then, a smile spreads upon her dark lips. She chuckles softly and says "I don't see any harm in it. We've been traveling for a bit, I bet he'd love that." She pauses momentarily before thanking Oswalt.

Last edited by Snowbluephoenix; Jun 3rd, 2017 at 08:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 07:38 PM
Jat's Avatar
Jat Jat is offline
Not in the face
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2021
RPXP: 2579
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
Posts: 4,731
@Kill, Grig
left-aligned image
With a nod, Grig stands up. His lungs fill with air. "The Terms are ten gold on the line? Whoever wins spends the coin however the other wants. I say we commit to use wooden weapons provided there is one, as to make the fight fair." There was a sense of experience from the young boy. Sparring was a normal past time for the members of the Cherry Blossom Order. "Now I don't want you to go easy on me." He reached his hand out ready to shake.

OOCGrig is ready and agrees to fight Aech, he will proceed to the ring when ready.


Last edited by Jat; Jun 2nd, 2017 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 09:56 PM
eshshah eshshah is offline
Wyrmling
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2017
RPXP: 0
eshshah
Posts: 4
all the chicken

Ryst, AC=17, Fort=+4,Ref=+2,W=+2/Perception +3,Sense Motive +0
left-aligned image


feathers off would be fine. In fact, I'd like to order 2 if its not too much trouble. It has been a long road.

Leaning back relaxing, Ryst notes some of the other inhabitants of the bar, including two who appear to be preparing to brawl. this might be entertaining trotting over to the gnome he hands a pair of marqs over 2 silver on the barechested man

Well he goes nothing

Moving over to the table of other gamblers he nonchalantly asks Room for one more? I also have a wager going. before sliding into an empty seat across from the talkative gnome.

Ryst Devari, pleasure to make your acquaintances




OOC: I dont know how to do them, so how do I do a perception check and a knowledge check about the bare chested mans holy beads.

Last edited by Jat; Jun 2nd, 2017 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jun 3rd, 2017, 05:47 AM
Tris's Avatar
Tris Tris is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2017
RPXP: 47
Tris
Posts: 7
Nix Elentiya, AC=16, Fort=0,Con=0,W=0/Perception +4,Sense Motive 0
left-aligned image


Nix's cloak lifted off her face enough to show a smile as she tilted her head in acknowledgement of the patrons joining her table. "Most call me Nix" she paused when hearing the gnome ask her question but continued her introduction all the same. "I'm just passing by while traveling. Seeing the sights, meeting wonderful people, and..." She nods her head toward the ring. "getting to witness all the thrilling entertainment along the way." She says adding some charm into her voice as she flicks the gold coin she had been twirling upwards into the air and stands only to catch it back in her palm playfully. "1 gold piece on the one who doesn't smell too great." she says to the gnome taking bets before returning to her seat. Nix smirked beneath her hood that once again covered her face fully. Either way she planned on making some coin from this fight.




__________________
Nix Elentiya

Last edited by Tris; Jun 3rd, 2017 at 05:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Jun 3rd, 2017, 08:51 PM
Snowbluephoenix Snowbluephoenix is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 29th, 2019
RPXP: 50
Snowbluephoenix
Posts: 34
Illia Glory, AC=16, Fort=2,Con=10,W=6/Perception -2,Sense Motive -2
left-aligned image

Illia steps up from her seat as Oswalt leaves to get her dog's food. Her dog stays behind, yet wagging its tail still. After seeing the large amount of people put money on brawlers, she decides to do the same. She fiddles with her coin purse momentarily before handing three silver to the gnome. "I would like to put three silvers on the best one, please." Without explaining who the "best one" is, she returns to her seat beside her dog.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 03:21 PM
GM DSP's Avatar
GM DSP GM DSP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 20th, 2021
RPXP: 520
GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP
Posts: 234
A short woman, couldn't be more than 5'2," slowly makes her way over from the other side of the fighting ring. "The house handles all betting. Come see me after we list the bout if you want to bet." She looks from Grig to Aech and smirks. "Skinny guys always try to take the brutes. The brutes always take the bait. But here's the catch," She holds up a finger. "in my experience, the skinny guy ends up crushed. You sure you want to do this skinny guy?"

Last edited by GM DSP; Jun 5th, 2017 at 03:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Jun 6th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Jat's Avatar
Jat Jat is offline
Not in the face
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2021
RPXP: 2579
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
Posts: 4,731
@Kill/Short Woman, Grig
left-aligned image
"Miss we would like to go for a small bout empathizing training versus raw brute strength. " Grigs does a double take sizing up his opponent. He's bigger then the combatants at the monastery. Maybe this is a bad idea. He pulled out the string keeping his hair tight, only to reapply with twice the strength. Grig rolled his shoulders over and over in a modest attempt to warm his already limber joints. Lastly, he bent over and took of his shoes. Despite an overall sense of uncleanliness there was no stench or aroma drifting from his feet. He slid his shoes under the table paying extra attention to keeping them symmetrical with the angle of the table. Calmly he said to Aech, "I am ready, but I must ask what your name is? The idea of sparring with a friend is more appealing the fighting a stranger."


Last edited by Jat; Jun 6th, 2017 at 07:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Jun 7th, 2017, 01:52 PM
GM DSP's Avatar
GM DSP GM DSP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 20th, 2021
RPXP: 520
GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP
Posts: 234
The woman kicks open a wicker chest at her feet. Inside, dozens of polished wooden weapons sit tucked in orderly rows.

"Choose weapons per whatever agreements you've made. Is this to knockdown, first hit, or knockout?"
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Jun 8th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Shyah Shyah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 28th, 2017
RPXP: 0
Shyah
Posts: 3
<Reserving this spot until I get home tonight (I thought it was the perfect cue)>
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jun 9th, 2017, 07:18 PM
SteelyDan's Avatar
SteelyDan SteelyDan is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2017
RPXP: 50
SteelyDan
Posts: 17
Aech Sli, AC=15, Fort=+4,Con=+2,W=0/Perception +4,Sense Motive 0
left-aligned image
''Aech, my name is Aech.'' He says to Grigs as he sizes up his opponent, underestimating him tremendously. ''This will be fun,'' ''Oh and no weapon. I don't want to kill the man'' he says with a crooked smile as he glances at his opponent once more. He tilts his head both ways to crack his neck. Puts his arm around Grigs and says ''We all know I'm going to win this.'' then he yells ''soo.. HOW ABOUT ANOTHER ROUND FOR EVERYONE!''




OOC: This 2nd round on Aech is taken from what he will owe Grigs if he loses if possible. Might not be able to pay the man
__________________
Aech Sli
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jun 10th, 2017, 08:15 PM
GM DSP's Avatar
GM DSP GM DSP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 20th, 2021
RPXP: 520
GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP GM DSP
Posts: 234
The tavern erupts in a cheer for Aechs and the barman hurriedly begins filling tankards.

The woman shrugs and flips the box shut. "Very well." She steps to the center of the ring and raises her voice to fill the inn: an impressive feat for such a small person.

"Aechs, your patron saint of beer this evening, will fight this skinny guy! I'll be closing the bidding in a few minutes."

To Aechs and Grigg she says, "Go to opposite corners and await my signal."

People swarm to the betting and those nearby can see the overwhelming odds going to Aech. Eventually, she closes the bidding, turns, and shouts to the combatants. "FIGHT!"

Last edited by GM DSP; Jun 10th, 2017 at 11:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jun 12th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Jat's Avatar
Jat Jat is offline
Not in the face
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2021
RPXP: 2579
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
Posts: 4,731
MapThe Red Flagon Dragon


Dice Initiative:
d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12

Last edited by Jat; Jun 12th, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jun 12th, 2017, 11:41 AM
SteelyDan's Avatar
SteelyDan SteelyDan is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2017
RPXP: 50
SteelyDan
Posts: 17
Dice Initiative:
d20+1 (12)+1 Total = 13
__________________
Aech Sli
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 12:16 PM
Jat's Avatar
Jat Jat is offline
Not in the face
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 9th, 2021
RPXP: 2579
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
Posts: 4,731
OOC Alright, so lets do some combat stuff. So because you won initiative Aech gets to go first. Your going to want to move to Grig, then do an unarmed attack. Which consists of both an attack and a damage roll.
Dice Attack Roll:
d20+5 (5)+5 Total = 10
Dice Roll:
d3+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
Example.

Last edited by GM DSP; Jun 15th, 2017 at 02:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jun 14th, 2017, 06:47 PM
SteelyDan's Avatar
SteelyDan SteelyDan is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2017
RPXP: 50
SteelyDan
Posts: 17
Aech Sli, AC=15, Fort=+4,Con=+2,W=0/Perception +4,Sense Motive 0
left-aligned image
Aech takes a step forward, his grin fades. He braces himself and in an instant charges Grigs as fast as he can in the small ring and attempts a full weight thrown right hook.


Dice Attack Roll:
d20+7 (9)+7 Total = 16

Dice Damage Roll:
d3+4 (1)+4 Total = 5
__________________
Aech Sli

Last edited by SteelyDan; Jun 14th, 2017 at 06:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB