twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6817
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
After all the Witchers

Game NameAfter all the Witchers
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeHunting Monsters from fantasy in a somewhat modern setting.
FlavourOutcast roleplay, monster hunting, modern twist to fantasy concept.
Plot Summary
left-aligned image
“Indeed, there is nothing more repulsive than these monsters that defy nature and are known by the name of Witcher, as they are the offspring of foul sorcery and witchcraft. They are the unscrupulous scoundrels without conscience and virtue, veritable creatures from Hell capable only of taking lives...”

Novigrad, the year 2020. The least to be said is that things have changed, some for better and some for worst, but the things that really would have made a difference have not change at all. The city having expanded to encompass what used to be known as Farcorners and boasts a speedy subway ride to New Oxenfurt which has become a quaint little suburb with it's own little shops and apartment buildings all surrounded by potted plants and neatly trimmed flower-beds. Forever in a battle trying to remain internally isolated and separate from the the crowded and crime-ridden streets of Novigrad.

right-aligned image
From the advent of the first Witcher created to the death of the last, for a Witcher never dies in his own bed, The monsters of the world had been thought hunted near enough to extinction that the quickly evolving and revolutionizing world of men was left unhindered for a time and thus, Witchers were no longer needed. Not to mention that any Witchers were not wont to put others through the excruciating trials in order to make more Witchers. Left to it's own means for the better half of a century, the 'monsters' of Novigrad and the surrounding area have finally repopulated and grown restless, beginning the cycle once more.

left-aligned image
Perhaps it was fortunate that at one time any and all knowledge of how to create Witchers and how to train them was lost to the ages but fortunately for the sudden re-emergence of that thing that kept Witchers relevant, one such group of people have uncovered these rituals once more and not a moment too soon. Fifteen years has passed since the Cult of the Seventh Order began their work creating Witchers once more, acquiring the lives of ten five to six year old orphans, urchins, outcasts and children born into a debt. With the proper rituals remaining more or less only as refined as they were when first used, three of the initial ten have survived and passed the dangerous and excruciatingly painful trials and lessons that make a proper Witcher. Each new Witcher has chosen and been trained in the specialty of a different Order of old augmented by new technologies. In the deep, abandoned section of the sewers of Novigrad, where this new school of Witchers lies hidden, the three new Witchers await their first new mission with sharpened blades and an eager fire in their inhuman eyes, ready to do what they were created to do.

Altruis Straggen, the leader of the Cult of the Seventh Order and the main instructor to the new Witchers has told them of a beast that terrorizes the small rural town of Hostet, east of New Oxenfurt. Their first contact is Meltus Uldryk, a Alderman of the town and a small-time cattle baron. Straggen predicts that the first victims to the 'Beast' were likely some cattle but supposedly people have also gone missing under mysterious circumstances.

Application Deadline: March 19!

Last edited by Arthilian01; Mar 8th, 2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34202
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Interesting, its time for monsters hunting folks!!

Whats your application format DM?

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 5th, 2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Edited the main ad.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4165
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Not knowing much about Witcher, would you encourage someone to apply still? If yes, you mention all the races are available to use(per the pdf), though the PDF says only Human and Half Elf are suitable to be witchers. Just making sure I understand your requirements before posting an app. = )

Last edited by MeredithS; Mar 5th, 2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
I am accepting that all races with the proper flavor can be witchers, as it is about 700 years after any book or game setting.
I suggest at least reading up about things on the Witcher Wiki to kind of get a grasp on the kind of world and feel that your character should have. There is alot of lore in place between books and the games which might not come into play but I want the same feel.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
I will invest some time in reading over lore and material for sure. Another question. When will apps be closing?
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1972
Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus
Oh man, the Witcher is my single biggest weakness....I'm sooooo going to have to apply for this one.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
@MeredithS: I haven't any attentive date in mind for the closing of apps. I like to wait and see on player interest first.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 01:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Alright. Thank you.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6165
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Any thought on applications for non-Witchers? The plucky sidekick/friend/comic relief, I know 5th edition unearthed arcana made some sidekick classes, basically weaker versions of rogue, fighter, wizard. Something closer to an “average” person in the universe. I kind of like the idea of playing the loyal, slightly inept (in comparison) friend. Or the precocious thief who ends up in over her head. Someone who has no business fighting monsters but tries anyways and forces the heroes to waste resources protecting, but on the flip side has skills//abilities that make them assets outside the monster hunting game.

Listen, I’m gonna be honest. BG3 has taken over my life, still updating as fast as I can.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 01:51 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
@MrJoeGangles: I was thinking of a 3 person group of solely Witchers but I like your idea, definitely a fourth in the group, Perhaps a 'recruit' that didn't quite make it through the trials or something but felt indebted to the group and couldn't live with themselves if they had left. Write me something up and I'll take a gander but I can't make any promises. With the power level of the Witcher compared to other classes, you can use a regular class build.

Last edited by Arthilian01; Mar 5th, 2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12186
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Oooo interested!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 04:17 PM
I think I'm mostly sane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 211
Tears of Tomorrow Tears of Tomorrow Tears of Tomorrow
You know, I find Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter class to be a better rendition of the Witcher flavor, compared to the class you linked. More streamlined and better balanced, in my opinion.
Old Mar 5th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Eccentric Wanderer

Tools
User Statistics
The bloodhunter just doesnt have the flavor I'm looking for and not to mention that I want to use the other flavor from the other parts of the pdf. Besides, in a group of all the same class, bloodhunter has little customization from low levels. Not something I am going to argue over though.

Last edited by Arthilian01; Mar 5th, 2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old Mar 6th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
WOw that gonna be cool ... count me IN !!!
Closed Thread