Game Thread The Encampment - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Mercenaries of the Gods > Archive
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Aarroun's Avatar
Aarroun Aarroun is offline
Fantastic Mr. Fox
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2020
RPXP: 50
Aarroun
Posts: 274
Reynard is gazing into the scrying pool with interest, "Do you think we could capture the priest alive? If any of them know anything it'll likely be him. Besides, it looks like he's the only thing keeping this group together."
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Angarato Angarato is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2015
RPXP: 54
Angarato
Posts: 173
"I think capturing the priest is a stellar idea. It would be worth interrogating him to learn more about the activities of the cult in this area. From our research earlier, they are definitely a threat to our mission. While it is possible that they are here to seek revenge for past deeds of our hosts, they may also have learned of our inquiries about the Ravens and sought us out, or both. We learned earlier that they are usually more careful about dirtying their own hands, so seizing this opportunity to deal with them when they are trespassing seems like providence to me. I think in either case, dealing with this menace would be a great way to work off that wonderful dinner." Angarato grins wickedly at Basementicus.

"Any objections?, speak now. Otherwise, lets work up a plan and get busy!"
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Explosionguy Explosionguy is offline
Fragger of Blocks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 6th, 2015
RPXP: 50
Explosionguy
Posts: 311
"How can we capture them? I feel the best I could do is serve as a distraction, but against that many people it would be very dangerous for me to be in the open alone."

Basementicus sheathes his weapon and grasps his chin in thought.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 07:04 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2023
RPXP: 11728
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,211
"If you hit people in the head hard enough, or often enough, they fall down." Thomas's reminder of human physiology isn't sarcastic, and he delivers it as he stands to his feet, leaving the supper table in search of his pack, and the sword strapped to it. "And so, if you can combat the man you want with enough violence to incapacitate him, but not kill him, you have achieved success without the potential failure of complicated schemes." Blade in hand he returns to the others.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Explosionguy Explosionguy is offline
Fragger of Blocks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 6th, 2015
RPXP: 50
Explosionguy
Posts: 311
"I suppose I could do that. If no one else can subdue the priest, I'll think of something to keep him down, but a rapier isn't a great choice for knockouts. I don't suppose any of you have spells that would be good for capturing him alive?"

Something springs to his mind. He raises a finger.

"Oh, and if we do capture him and he is not easily cowed, we'll have to make sure he doesn't kill himself or teleport away before we can question him. These raven guys sound like slippery and tenacious sorts if they keep coming back from defeat."


OOC: Well IMO, we did teleport from one town to the other so he would have some awareness of teleportation. We may have used a gate, but it is still a teleport. Maybe we can tie him up or something.

Last edited by Explosionguy; Jan 20th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 10:34 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2023
RPXP: 11728
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,211
"Our swords are not, no, but his mace is." Thomas points out. "All questions that hinge on successfully capturing this man alive, can just as easily wait until after we find ourselves with an unconscious prisoner - or a corpse."

OOCWe're level 2, our characters are lucky to know teleports exist or how they function, much less have the capacity to interrupt or prevent one.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 12:05 AM
Aarroun's Avatar
Aarroun Aarroun is offline
Fantastic Mr. Fox
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2020
RPXP: 50
Aarroun
Posts: 274
"If I can catch him in a sleep spell, it should take a few of them out of action for a little while. Long enough to deal with the others." Reynard looks around, "These people clearly came here with the intent to do us harm, I don't feel we should hold back. Work together to focus them down one at a time. If they run, do not pursue; it won't help us to get separated. The only question at this point is should we go out the front or the back?"
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 10:16 AM
Angarato Angarato is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2015
RPXP: 54
Angarato
Posts: 173
Angarato
Dice sense motive on priest:
1d20+8 (2)+8 Total = 10
focuses on the priest peaking through one of the vine covered windows, then moves over to the scrying bowl to consider the options. As an idea takes root, an expression of hopeful possibility covers his face.

Angarato looks hopefully at Maggie, "Maggie, judging by the nature of the defenses around your home, you seem to be a formidable druid. Is there any chance you could snare or entangle that cluster of cultist?" Angarato circles around the image in the scrying bowl of all but one of the cultist which seemed a little hesitant to come onto the property after hearing the one that was thrown land with a loud thud!. "I am thinking that maybe we can bluff,intimidateconvince them to turn the priest over to us for a conversation. Worst case scenario, maybe we scare a few more off and lessen the burden."

Angarato's gaze shifts to Reynard, "I am unfamiliar with sleep spells, Reynard, how big an area do they hit, maybe if Maggie can tangle them up, you can simultaneously put the priest to sleep and those 2 followers close to him and prevent him from motivating the followers."

Angarato centers his eyes on Maggie again and asks, "Can we speak to all of them through this scrying spell?"

Angarato sets down his shield and begins to gesture over his morningstar, gripped in his right hand, saying "tiichi nomeno laraek". The morningstar then shines a little brighter. Once completed, Angarato picks up his shield again.

Last edited by Angarato; Jan 21st, 2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: formating and typos
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old Jan 21st, 2014, 08:12 PM
Valistar's Avatar
Valistar Valistar is offline
Applejack is Best Pony
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 19th, 2017
RPXP: 1041
Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar
Posts: 2,619
"I am a reasonably powerful druid, but I did not prepare any entangling spells today. The best you could hope for there is for them to try to get through the windows. A trap is set there to automatically cast entangle on everything outside the house. The sleep spell will do quite nicely though I'm sure. Just be sure to be careful on where you drop it as it favors the weak. Also, you won't be able to talk to them through the scrying spell. I'm sorry. If you are quick enough you should be able to get the door open and get the spell off before the followers are able to react. The followers might try to fight back, they might not, but considering that enough of them are either on the sides or behind the house, it should give you just enough time to pull this off." Maggie responds carefully and casts a spell, causing everyone in the room to glow momentarily. "That should help a little bit, just in case they decide to stay and fight. I imagine Isabel might decide to help if Basementicus gets attacked... just to warn you." Sergie on the other hand had managed to find himself a bowl of popcorn and is now sitting back and watching the "entertainment". That being said, he also now had a longbow and a quiver of arrows sitting next to him.

 
__________________
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish some time!" -Doctor Who
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 12:24 AM
Explosionguy Explosionguy is offline
Fragger of Blocks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 6th, 2015
RPXP: 50
Explosionguy
Posts: 311
Basementicus feels a wash of testosterone go over him. This is maybe the second time he has felt this way. (The other time was during a varsity match of Dodge-Boulder where his parents had shown up to "support" him from the stands.)

"WUBUBUBU," vocalizes the drow as he shakes his face from side to side, feeling most braced from the spell. He draws his rapier again in anticipation.

"We can stomp them and be back in time for dessert! Let's not delay any longer; let's go out the back and catch them off guard."


He makes his way to the back room of the house, out of sight of the rest of the group, though not out of earshot.

Last edited by Explosionguy; Jan 22nd, 2014 at 01:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 09:58 AM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2023
RPXP: 11728
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,211
With a shrug, Thomas follows after Base.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old Jan 22nd, 2014, 11:52 PM
Angarato Angarato is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2015
RPXP: 54
Angarato
Posts: 173
Angarato shakes his head at the impulsive actions of the drow and begins to consider how to strategically take advantage of their choice to engage the cultists from the back. Angarato says, "There are 5 more cultists around the house, one on each side and three in front of the house."

Angarato looks to Reynard and says, "I think while they engage the 2 on each side of the house, we should go out the front door and deal with priest and the 2 near the front of the door. As soon as they engage them, I will open the door and give you line of sight to the priest so you can cast your sleep spell. I will introduce the closest cultist to my morningstar. Hopefully we will catch them by surprise. Sound like a plan?"

Angarato momentarily focuses within and is abruptly covered in a shadowy darkness. With shield and morningstar at the ready, he quietly moves closer to the front door.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 02:41 AM
Aarroun's Avatar
Aarroun Aarroun is offline
Fantastic Mr. Fox
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2020
RPXP: 50
Aarroun
Posts: 274
Wondering if anyone heard him say they should stick together, Reynard just shakes his head and gestures for Angarato to lead the way and takes up a position by the door.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Explosionguy Explosionguy is offline
Fragger of Blocks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 6th, 2015
RPXP: 50
Explosionguy
Posts: 311
Basementicus opens the door and steps outside into the backyard. He looks to see if the intruders have noticed him where he is standing.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Valistar's Avatar
Valistar Valistar is offline
Applejack is Best Pony
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 19th, 2017
RPXP: 1041
Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar
Posts: 2,619
When Basementicus opens the back door and looks around he sees no intruders. Which is expected considering that the last look at the scrying pool showed that there were only raven followers on the sides and in the front of the house. The one that had been behind had gotten launched after all! The backyard has a small amount of open grass, but beyond that is a very large garden and surrounding that is a natural hedge of juniper. Though the hedge and garden look especially threatening at the moment. A radish and tomato plant are currently in the process of beating a poor mole senseless. Around the back side of the house itself are a fair number of different types of flowers growing, though it is hard to be sure exactly what they are or how dangerous they are in the dark. After a couple seconds it is apparent that you have not alerted the intruders to the opening of the back door.

OOC: At this point you may treat combat has having started and this is the A single standard action is allowed for those who didn't know already.surprise round. I'm not going to worry about initiative, I'll just give the results of your actions at the end of the round.
__________________
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish some time!" -Doctor Who

Last edited by Valistar; Jan 24th, 2014 at 09:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:24 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB