Game Thread Chapter 1: The Wastelands - Page 16 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Mercenaries of the Gods > Archive
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #226  
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Aarroun's Avatar
Aarroun Aarroun is offline
Fantastic Mr. Fox
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2020
RPXP: 50
Aarroun
Posts: 274
Back at the party's camp, Reynard's first thought upon seeing the approaching threat was that it was time to leave, but now he remembers something and grabs his pack from inside the tent. Pulling out the raven priest robe he says, "I've got a really bad idea. Someone help me get these on." What did he remember? That he had the robes stashed away, that the raven symbol protects the wearer from the birds, and that the ravens will probably obey the commands of one of the priests.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Explosionguy Explosionguy is offline
Fragger of Blocks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 6th, 2015
RPXP: 50
Explosionguy
Posts: 311
"Hold out your arms!"

Basementicus assists Reynard in donning the raven cult robes. He turns to Willowick.

"Willowick, you're the fastest. Do you think you can find the digmaster? He can likely give us an idea on how to assist in this fight."
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 04:33 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2023
RPXP: 11728
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,211
"Get me a crossbow and a stack of quarrels." Thomas comments. "I cannot help in any other meaningful way at the moment." He does hope that Reynard's plan works, as it's clever on its face.
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Valistar's Avatar
Valistar Valistar is offline
Applejack is Best Pony
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 19th, 2017
RPXP: 1041
Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar
Posts: 2,619
Reynard and Basementicus get Reynard into the robes quickly and are back only shortly after the dwarves have all returned with their shields and other weapons. One is kind enough to toss a crossbow with quarrels to Thomas glad of anyone willing to help. Overall the employees didn't seem overly concerned about the incoming threat. Most had seen worse before. When Willowick approaches the Digmaster, the camp's healer and Kryla are now there. When asked how to help the Digmaster responds, "Just try to keep alive. If your group must fall back, come to us." As he says this he launches a salvo of magic missiles at the birds, causing each one hit to drop from the sky. Kryla was firing at birds with two repeating hand crossbows, easily managing to drop another four birds.
__________________
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish some time!" -Doctor Who
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 06:06 PM
Dizzy's Avatar
Dizzy Dizzy is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 16th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Dizzy
Posts: 78
The small dragon nods
"Aye. Where should I be looking for him?"
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old Mar 8th, 2014, 08:48 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2023
RPXP: 11728
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,211
Thomas draws the crossbow, sets the bolt, and takes a shot into the dense matte of birds in the air. "Whatever you're trying, best hurry up with it."
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Aarroun's Avatar
Aarroun Aarroun is offline
Fantastic Mr. Fox
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2020
RPXP: 50
Aarroun
Posts: 274
Decked out in evil finery and having made up his mind, Reynard approaches the unkindness, holds out his arms for effect and adopts a commanding tone saying something in some foreign and slightly ominous language. He pauses briefly, his gaze on the birds, awaiting some kind of reaction.

Last edited by Valistar; Mar 9th, 2014 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Edited by Valistar as no one else in the group knows the language he just spoke
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Valistar's Avatar
Valistar Valistar is offline
Applejack is Best Pony
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 19th, 2017
RPXP: 1041
Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar
Posts: 2,619
An absolutely enormous raven emerges from the cloud and caws loudly. It begins flying up and to the south and all the other ravens follow. The dwarves look around in confusion but then start cheering. All that is left now is the slow moving undead heading toward the camp and those look like they will likely be dealt with by the DWARF employees with little trouble as long as no more start coming. With a little looking around it seems that the densest concentration of undead are to the south where the guards down there might have to deal with ten at once. It seems like one of the undead in that group is acting strangely for an unintelligent undead and might take closer Perception checkobservation to figure out exactly what it is.
__________________
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish some time!" -Doctor Who
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Explosionguy Explosionguy is offline
Fragger of Blocks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 6th, 2015
RPXP: 50
Explosionguy
Posts: 311
"That's a relief... hey, can you guys see what that is out there? In the crowd?"

Basementicus peers out into the mass of undead. He can make out some zombies like the one they encountered on the trip and a couple of skeletons, but there looks like there might be something else.

Dice Can you guess who?:
d20+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 07:30 PM
DraconigenaArma's Avatar
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma is offline
The Original Dragon Man
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 25th, 2023
RPXP: 11728
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Posts: 21,211
"Hah! It worked! Great idea." Thomas cheers.

Dice Perception:
d20+10 (19)+10 Total = 29
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 12:38 AM
Aarroun's Avatar
Aarroun Aarroun is offline
Fantastic Mr. Fox
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 13th, 2020
RPXP: 50
Aarroun
Posts: 274
"Thanks, I wasn't sure it would..." Reynard stares after the departing ravens but soon notices the commotion at the southern end of the camp, "What's going on down there?" He starts off in that direction to get a better look while making a mental note to talk to the dig-master later regarding his spells.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Dizzy's Avatar
Dizzy Dizzy is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 16th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Dizzy
Posts: 78
Willowick, having also noticed the odd behavior of the mass of undead, decides to try and get a closer look. As he prepares to use his innate invisibility, he takes wing.

"There is something out there... In that crowd. I may be able to get in, get a look, and get out again without being noticed. If I'm not back in a minute, please come after me.

As he flies forward, well above arm's reach, he seems to turn entirely invisible to the naked eye, he's never been able to hold it long, but as he reckons it, he should have about three minutes to get in and get out without being caught.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Valistar's Avatar
Valistar Valistar is offline
Applejack is Best Pony
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 19th, 2017
RPXP: 1041
Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar Valistar
Posts: 2,619
The undead keep moving closer and at this point are within about 60 feet of the dwarves guarding that side of the camp. Those who moved to the southern end of the camp are behind the dwarves now, those who did not are about 90 feet from the dwarves there. Just as those who moved closer reach the dwarves the mangonel fires, wreaking havoc on the undead there. Three of them are flattened, two more injured. The oddly acting undead seems to somehow not get hit by the raining stones, even though one looked certain to hit it. The nearby dwarves seem quite happy to have both more support and to see a number of the undead go down.
__________________
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish some time!" -Doctor Who
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Angarato Angarato is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2015
RPXP: 54
Angarato
Posts: 173
Angarato moves toward the southern end of the camp and takes a moment to Cloak of Darkness and Magic Weaponprepare for the impending combat.

As he approaches the others, Angarato says "Looks like that machine can handle most of those guys, but that odd acting undead seem unaffected. We should probably focus our efforts there. Not sure the best way to do that yet, but I can hide people from undead if that is helpful. The effect will wear off once someone attacks, casts a spell or channels positive energy. Never tried this before, but I think if we all stack hands with mine, I can hit all of us with the spell."

Last edited by Valistar; Mar 11th, 2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Only one undead is acting odd
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Explosionguy Explosionguy is offline
Fragger of Blocks
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 6th, 2015
RPXP: 50
Explosionguy
Posts: 311
Looking toward Angarato, Basementicus considers this offer.

"I don't want to wade into them unseen only to end up surrounded and vulnerable when I attack. If you can be quick we may be able to use it to escape once we're in the fight with them."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB