Game Thread The Atea Gem - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Atea Gem
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 06:43 PM
AwesomeEllie's Avatar
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie is offline
YEET THE L33T
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 18550
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie
Posts: 9,751
Ozan bobs his head, and says, "There will indeed be protections on the crystal to protect from direct divination, but there are always ways around that, I'm afraid. As to starting resources, the innkeeper, Bartholomew, will be able to provide you with information about one or two abandoned locations fitting your needs, for a small fee. However, you'll probably need to evict the current illegitimate tenants, and find some way to legitimize your claim on the land. In addition, I'll be directing any further supporters that I may have to you all, so that you may guide them as needed. It'll provide you with a small work force to help accomplish tasks with, hopefully." The man then walks next to the door, and leans against the doorjamb, a patient expression on his face.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Nevrend's Avatar
Nevrend Nevrend is offline
Posting Rate Slowed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 29th, 2020
RPXP: 1666
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
Posts: 1,408
"It would seem that we are all in agreement that we should set about obtaining properties. What sorts of business to run from each location should be decided after we examine the properties available. As to clearing out current occupants..." The darkness of the corner in which the shade sits grows darker as he continues. "I would be delighted to assist in evicting them."
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
"I think, evicting, said tenants if they're little more than vagabonds might be undesirable to Ozan's goals, though I will hardly call lit amiss if they are drug peddlers. They could be potential, grateful, workers," Munshin replied, thoughtfully, "But before we deal with that detail, anyone have any other important questions for our host? It wouldn't due for us to delay him to the point of confrontation."
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 09:58 PM
TheJeanyus's Avatar
TheJeanyus TheJeanyus is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2015
RPXP: 97
TheJeanyus
Posts: 438
"I do believe he has answered most of my questions. Except... maybe... yes, you mentioned Traven keeping hold of your remaining funds. Is their a plan for the use of those funds? Are you willing front an allowance to sustain the defenses? Is it to be used only for emergency needs? We can of course work on very little, I just want to make sure I fully understand the assets we possess before we begin and you are... unreachable."

Last edited by TheJeanyus; Jul 7th, 2014 at 09:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 10:58 PM
AwesomeEllie's Avatar
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie is offline
YEET THE L33T
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 18550
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie
Posts: 9,751
"The interest alone should cover living expenses, as well as allowing a small... Allowance of personal funds for the each of you every month. Any emergency funds would have to be approved," at which Ozan gestures at the kobold, who seems to have lightly dozed off. Seeing this, the sorcerer chuckles slightly.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 05:32 PM
TheJeanyus's Avatar
TheJeanyus TheJeanyus is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2015
RPXP: 97
TheJeanyus
Posts: 438
Eran bows his head slightly, nodding his understanding. "Very good, very good. Well then I believe I am out of questions, shall we go see about a building?"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 06:00 PM
AwesomeEllie's Avatar
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie is offline
YEET THE L33T
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 18550
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie
Posts: 9,751
Ozan stomps slightly, waking Traven, who stifles a yawn. "If there are any other questions, I suggest you ask them now, mhm. If not, I suggest going down to speak with Bartholomew about some real estate."
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Nevrend's Avatar
Nevrend Nevrend is offline
Posting Rate Slowed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 29th, 2020
RPXP: 1666
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
Posts: 1,408
"Well, time is wasting. We had better get on with this." Morvian replies, secretly happy to be rid of this foolish sorcerer.

Last edited by Nevrend; Jul 8th, 2014 at 07:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 12:00 AM
Duderlybob's Avatar
Duderlybob Duderlybob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2014
RPXP: 61
Duderlybob
Posts: 416
"Most any questions I'd have are probably best left to Traven. For now, you should probably begin leaving, Ozan, the longer we're gathered the more danger there is." Fixing the sorcerer with a stare, Roan states seriously. "All our hopes rest on your shoulders. We'll keep the crystal safe, don't let us down." Despite the rather severe nature of the statement, the tone implies a far closer comradery.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 01:31 PM
AwesomeEllie's Avatar
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie is offline
YEET THE L33T
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 18550
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie
Posts: 9,751
Ozan shifts forward, producing a large bag of coins and a simple clay ball. Handing the clay sphere to Roan and the coin-purse to Munshin, Ozan says, "Traven and I will be out there, avoiding detecting to the best of our abilities. Use this coin to pay Bartholomew for this room, as well as for the information. Any excess coin can be considered a bonus, for work well done. Once you have a location set up to house the gem, crush that clay token, and we shall be there expediently."
With that, Traven ducks out the door, surprisingly fast moving for such a small creature. At the same time, Ozan pulls out what appears to be a cloak, except made out of a dark metallic thread. He throws it over himself, and proceeds to close up any openings, until not even his shoes are visible. He then proceeds to shuffle out of the room, quite ridiculous-looking.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Duderlybob's Avatar
Duderlybob Duderlybob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2014
RPXP: 61
Duderlybob
Posts: 416
Roan takes the piece of clay gently, and tucks it into the folds of his clothing. "Travel safe, Ozan."
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Here is hoping that cloak bit is more effectively than it seems.

Being handed the coin purse, Munshin waited until the departure of the two, before popping it open for a look at what they had to work with. Most likely, it at least had what was needed for the room and information, less likely...less than that.

Never hurts to check though. "Well, I suppose we should go see what sort of information we are truly getting, before we find another place to debate our choices?"
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 05:31 PM
AwesomeEllie's Avatar
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie is offline
YEET THE L33T
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 18550
AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie AwesomeEllie
Posts: 9,751
Munshin opens the purse to find a LOT of money. You can't tell by just looking at it, but it seems to have a whole lot of platinum pieces, much more than the weight or size of the bag would suggest.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Munshin blinked at that, and gave a sigh as he shook his head. "Hardly inconspicuous."

If this meeting and information was -that- expensive, maybe it was expected, but if the price was not quite so extreme, he has some gold pieces he could alternate with to make things a bit less dramatic.
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Nevrend's Avatar
Nevrend Nevrend is offline
Posting Rate Slowed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 29th, 2020
RPXP: 1666
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
Posts: 1,408
"Best get on with it." The shade glides out the door. The moment he leaves the room, everything seems a lot brighter.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB