Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 02:03 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
grumpydad grumpydad
Hi, new to the site

Hello there. I currently DM (5e) for friends, but rarely get to play. Given the current condition of the world right now, I figured being stuck at home, with time on my hands, would be a good time to try and find games to play!

Willing to learn new systems, but D&D is all I really have ever played.

Glad to be here and hoping to find a good game (or two) to join in on!
Old 05-22-2020, 03:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27757
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Do you have any experience with play by post? If not, or you're just a little rusty, try the new player solo game! You'll select one of six systems and you'll be assigned your own private GM Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. I can't recommend them to you highly enough.

So, will you be inviting these friends here as well? The more the merrier they say.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 05-22-2020, 04:08 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 64450
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

glad you joined us, sorry you are grumpy. Maybe you can change that here, and be fundad!

Happy gaming!
Old 05-22-2020, 07:54 PM
Dragon their feet

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2341
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
sorry you are grumpy. Maybe you can change that here, and be fundad!
As a sleep-deprived father of an infant myself I will support no such expectations. Embrace the grumpiness, grumpydad!

But welcome to the site. The new player solo game is a good way to get started, and there are non-D&D options if you wanted to start right away with learning new systems. Did you have anything specific in mind you wanted to jump into - a type of setting, or IP, or general mood?

Playing: After the Quake, Tenmen, Sky Realm, Ultraviolet Grasslands, Pirate King's Legacy
I've taken the Oath.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:54 PM
An Actual Goat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14258
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Welcome to the site! There's plenty of 5E games to sate your appetite.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:54 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22716
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning grumpydad,

Awwww, why being grumpy? Anything we can help you with to cheer you up? You will be having no problem at all finding yourself a good 5E game or two or are you going to DM us a game? (maybe your IRL group can join too and you get some gaming going over here?)
Anyway; you are welcome over here (I am always humming 'Moana's song 'Welcome' whenever I type that)
Old 05-23-2020, 07:15 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
grumpydad grumpydad
Hey all,

Thanks for the welcome. Glad to be here.

Grumpiness fully embraced! My kids are older now, and they tend to tell me I am grumpy these days, more than I would say myself. Doesn't matter how old they get, they still give me headaches regularly. The youngest seems to be absorbing internet attitude from youtube, and is more foul mouthed than I am normally.

I have just applied to a game. It feels good to be reading up the books again, and have spent maybe three hours forging out a character. So much fun.

I'll have a look at the solo game, thanks for the advice!

Not sure about running a game here. May need to learn my way around first!

And new to forum games, although I have in the past frequented forums here and there, and have some faint memories of BB Code. A lot for me to re-learn but it looks like there is a plethora of amazing stuff to browse through on RPG Crossing. Will be very happy to lose myself within, (although my wife may have something to say about that...)

Anyway. Thanks again all.

Last edited by grumpydad; 05-23-2020 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:56 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
grumpydad grumpydad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsuSama View Post
...and there are non-D&D options if you wanted to start right away with learning new systems. Did you have anything specific in mind you wanted to jump into - a type of setting, or IP, or general mood?
Hadn't really thought that far ahead. There is one game system I have always wanted to try, Outbreak Undead, but I haven't found any listings, and it is possibly it is a bit too niche. Perhaps once I have spent some time here, I could remedy that myself!

As for the other more mainstream options, I was always intrigued by Pathfinder, but have never played, and being a big Star Trek fan, I guess something along those lines, again, if anyone plays those.

Have had a lot of fun scouring the game listings, and likely will try and learn systems if I apply for any games that jump out at me!
Old 05-23-2020, 09:35 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1102
Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson Crimson
Ah grumpydad, is there any other kind? I'm glad you finally found your way to us, even if it did take an apocalypse to get you here. You've kept us waiting so long lol.

It's true that Pathfinder and 5e are the most common gigs in town right now, but I'm proud to say that we have a thriving niche community here on RPGx. If Outbreak Undead games are too difficult to come by, you might try posting an interest thread about it. Once they know that they have a player, others might pop out of the woodwork to play with you.

Last edited by Crimson; 05-23-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:16 AM
Dim Henchmen of Pang!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12964
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Welcome to the site, Grumpydad! For the moment, I've got no kids. While I won't say I'm cheery, exactly, I don't think I'm grumpy. Pretty sure that kids are the source of all grumpiness. My dad agrees.

Seems like you'll fit in well here.

If you've got any questions, let us know! We're happy to help.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:01 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
grumpydad grumpydad
@ Crimson. Thank you. Good to know. I'll definitely bare the interest thread in mind!

@ Unko Talok. Kids change your life. And change you. I miss the person I used to be. But then again, I wouldn't change having my kids for anything either. Even if they make me permanently grumpy.

Last edited by grumpydad; 05-24-2020 at 09:02 AM.