Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 968
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
Warhammer RP- Vault of Worlds

Game NameWarhammer RP- Vault of Worlds
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeDark, gritty, bringing people together in times of crisis.
FlavourCherry flavoured without the Cherry and added salt

Plot Summary

A multiverse of worlds sits in a space in the cosmere of the the universe, a single world, shattered into an ever growing number of other versions. All sat just apart from each other, but otherwise occupying the same space.

You will each be stolen from your own world, for reasons that you may or may not come to learn.

Will the differences in your worlds allow you to work together with others, or will it tear you apart with mistrust?

Game information
We shall be using the 4th edition ruleset
Application Dealing: TBC - at least 2 weeks most likely.

So a little bit about the game! I'm looking take on a small group of 4-5 fellow players, to take on a slightly different type of Warhammer game. I shall be using the lore, world and everything Warhammer! So what are you likely going to be signing up for?

Well here it is!

The worlds are infinite, there are countless numbers of worlds all sharing the same space, but on different planes of existence. Now I hear you ask what are these worlds?

Well each PC will be from a unique world, you will define this world during the application process. This in turn will gain you a unique talent during the game.

I expect this game will be a good mix of puzzles, combat, RP between the players.

There is likely going to be some form of Racism, distrust, and utter annoyance between the characters, it is part of the world of Warhammer. However, this will be focused as a player vs environment game, and should it look like characters coming to blows, there is a mechanic to counter it, it likely won't be pleasant.

There are going to be a few changes to the rules, but these will be minor and detailed below.

Rules changes

Characters will ignore Trappings while being created, you will start with a single item, and dressed in rags.
You will each gain one free Talent unique to you from the world you came from.
Free pick of Species / Class / Career
Initiative: 1d10 + IB - to determine your combat order

BONDING = I have a house rule I use in all of my D% games called bonding, if you roll a 007 / 07 on any check, you will automatically succeed the roll, even if you should fail it, However for this game you will also be awarded a +2 SL on the test.

Application

Name: Nice and simple..what is your name, do you have a nickname? Are you going to use your real name or a fake one?
Species: You can use any of the main ones in the corebook
Class/Career: You are free to choose any, even if the table says they can't be...It could well be normal for your world right?
Background: What did you do in your world? Anything interesting? A dark past? Trauma?
Personality: What are you like? how are your mannerisms?
Description: What do you look like? Small description, pictures welcome in addition.

Ambitions: Short / Long : what are they?
Motivation: What drives you?

World you're from - Detail a little small bit of your world, you will have a positive thing and a negative thing.
Positive - What in your world is plentiful? Is it a world filled with magic? Are magical weapons a thing? is there no war?
Negative - What in your world doesn't exist? Never heard of chaos or orcs? lucky..

What preferred starting item would you like? - You will start the game with one item and only one...choose wisely, but make it fit your character!

Last edited by Herb; 05-20-2020 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:32 AM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
Reserved.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:27 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2615
kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos
This seems really intriguing! I love WFRP, and I'm curious how this "different planes" thing is going to work out.

So... I think I have an idea. I'll start statting it up, and we'll see what you think!

Application(Work in Progress)

Name: Snorri Valmasdottir of Clan ...
Gender: Male (yep, I know that surname doesn't make sense...)
Species: Dwarf
Class/Career: Warrior Priest of Valma (Dwarven God of Femininity, Beauty, and Grace)
Background:
Personality:
Description:

Ambitions:
Motivation:

World you're from -
Positive -
Negative -

What preferred starting item would you like? -

Last edited by kdtompos; 05-20-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:39 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6901
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Is this original Warhammer fantasy, or are we moving into Age of Sigmar rebuilding of the genre they did a few years back?
Old 05-21-2020, 04:05 AM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
I'm not the biggest fan of the Age of Sigmar alterations, so I'll be sticking closer to the original lore and such.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9922
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
How divergent can this alternative world be? Like minor changes or like dwarves and elves never had their grudge match so chaos never had a chance to rise in threat and is basically banished to just around the explosion area of the original warp gates?
Old 05-21-2020, 01:30 PM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
/if you can think of it..you are welcome to any type of world..

You could be from a world without Chaos, or magic...you could be from a chaos infested hellhole..it is entirely up to you

It'll be something for your characters to ...realise quite quickly the difference between each other.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
It might be fun to play a blood bowl player transported over. I will think on it.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ApplicationName: Voliath the Hammer
Species: High Elf
Class/Career: Racketeer

Background: Voliath was a prominent young (well young for elven standards) freelance Blitzer who rose to fame in his starting year as a blitzer for the Celestial Comets. He was names Most Valuable Draft Pick and his first season saw itself as a smashing success with him having the highest fumbles in the league by the end of the season. As most young players are, the fame went to his head and he spent his off season partying instead of training and practicing. In the debut game of his second season, an black orc got revenge for last season after a particularly brutal play. In the Bloodbowl fashion of course a cheating goblin pack got in some hits too and after it was all settled Voliath missed the rest of the season with a series of cracked ribs, a broken shoulder socket, and a shattered jaw. The experienced humbled the rising star and probably reshaped the trajectory of his career.

Spending the off season strength building and training, he still continued to party and gamble like any Blood Bowl star, but was much more serious about his game. He learned to roll with more questionable members of society, but never fell into the worst of habits. After spending two more seasons with the Comets, he moved to a free agent and was frequently recruited by various teams to fill holes in the line up. Every season he was counted among the best until a portal ripped open at a late night skirmish well he was resting on the bench. Sucked through, he ended up in new land with nothing to his name except well his name and his Blood Bowl armor.

Personality: Voliath is confident, fit, and cocky. A elf who has faced down everything from goblins to minotaurs on the pitch, he knows that he can take them all down with easy. Well he recognizes some of the animosity of the world from the old world, he finds the deep racial hatreds a hard thing to overcome. He constantly has to stop himself from socializing with humans, dwarves, or mentioning old friends or teammates that a mention of would get him strung up and burned at the stake. Never a stranger to the underside of the world, he is ready to do whatever it takes to regain the level of living that he is used to from his former life.

Description: Short by elven standards, Voliath only tops out a few inches above the average human. Wearing his head shaved, he would probably be indistinguishable outside of the pointy ears from anyone who looked at him. His hair when it grows out is a dark red brown color and his eyes a light brown. A life time of hard sports has given him an unusually thick body and muscled body and unlike the leanness know of elves, he looks a well muscled human.

(Take the picture, shave him and give him a blood bowl body armor.)

Ambitions: Short / Long :

Short term he wishes to secure himself a team or group to run with and a job. Never much for solo work, he always knows the benefit of having another or 10 watch your back in a fight. ( By this I don't necessarily mean the adventuring group, but maybe a local guild/crime lord/noble who can provide a modicum of security and comfort).

Long term he wants to acquire his old style of living and wealth independent of others. He never enjoyed living under someone else's thumb.

Motivation: Wealth and Power. He is drawn to being able to do what he wants and buy what he feels like.

World you're from A positive about the world he is from is Blood Bowl, and well no war. Or at least not the major world shattering wars that exist in this plane. Sure some hooligan fans would cause the occasional riot which got out of hand and sometimes governments went to war over draft picks and tournament results, but you didn't have chaos trying to constantly burn down everything and the elves ready to murder any other elf and most other species at hand.

The negative was well in the end Blood Bowl was everything and it consumed you. As a fan, you got killed by a rogue player flying into the stands, a stabbing in the wrong sports bar, or a bet that went bad. The constant rivalry meant some other support with a grudge was always plotting against you and with the sport basically being the industry everything was tied to directly or indirectly. For a player it was even worse. Sure you got paid, but shatter the wrong bone or tear the wrong muscle and once the team takes it cuts, you pay off the lawyers and doctors and everything else, you ended up penniless on the street stuck doing whatever miserable work you could until you died. And that was the lucky players. Most ended up torn apart by a rampaging vampire or troll on the field as thousands of people celebrated your death. Assuming you survived, spending a lifetime colliding with out people would destroy you mentally and retirement was rare. Outside of being the owners of a company, most simply didn't live that happy of a life.

What preferred starting item would you like: Mail Coat except it wouldn't actually be a mail coat but his former armor. Basically the torso/shoulders/upper arms of a blood bowl armor. Mail Coat seems to fit mechanically and stat wise for a blitzer so a reskinned version of it. The last team he was playing for was the Marauders. Their uniforms were a light black all around with white stripes running down the middle of the shoulder pads and helmet if had it with him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	g0zz2tygrri21.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	84793  
Old 05-22-2020, 07:12 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1026
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Posting interest
Old 05-23-2020, 07:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3027
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Oh, this looks like fun! I love Warhammer, and the multiverse approach is certainly an interesting touch. Just two quick question though, if you don't mind, concerning our origin worlds;

- Are we all (roughly) from the same place geographically? I'm asking because 4th edition makes a point of all characters (or at least the humans) being from Reikland. Is this something you want to enforce, or could our charactes be from other provinces or *gasp* beyond the Empire (Tilea, Kislev etc.)?
- While the history of each world is different, are we all from the same year/time period? Or could character A be from 2525, character B regardless of whether that war actually happened in that timelinefrom the time of the Vampire Wars, and character C from regardless of whether Sigmar actually existed in that timelinebefore the time of Sigmar?

Anyway, thank you for running this game !
Old 05-23-2020, 07:43 AM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer View Post
Oh, this looks like fun! I love Warhammer, and the multiverse approach is certainly an interesting touch. Just two quick question though, if you don't mind, concerning our origin worlds;

- Are we all (roughly) from the same place geographically? I'm asking because 4th edition makes a point of all characters (or at least the humans) being from Reikland. Is this something you want to enforce, or could our charactes be from other provinces or *gasp* beyond the Empire (Tilea, Kislev etc.)? You may be from anywhere in the world, but you WILL all understand a comman language

- While the history of each world is different, are we all from the same year/time period? Or could character A be from 2525, character B regardless of whether that war actually happened in that timelinefrom the time of the Vampire Wars, and character C from regardless of whether Sigmar actually existed in that timelinebefore the time of Sigmar? I'm going to say the timeline itself I.E the date/year won't really make much of a difference..but I shall say yes. It is going to be the same year for everyone. But due to the differences in each worlds history..all of your examples COULD still technically all be happeneing at once.

Anyway, thank you for running this game !
Old 05-23-2020, 02:29 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1026
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
still a WIP, feedback welcome!

Zeki Baer
right-aligned image
Name: Zeki Baer
Species: Human
Class/Career: Flagellant

Background: Ulter Baer, a woodworker from Middenheim managed to place his son into the Gragh Mar School in the Sigmar temple, hoping he would become an erudite. Learning to read and write while studying the history of the Empire, Zeki dreamt of becoming either a doctor or a physician, but he lacked the funds to enter any of the colleges. Luckily, the kid found a job assisting a lawyer, Viktor Von Clapfen.
It was a good living, being the clerk to a solicitor: cushy office job with instances of theatrical solemnity, were Zeki had to pass Victor the right papers at the right time.
Zeki remembers still today a day at work, when a procession of flagellants passed through the street. The kid was about to say some words in admiration of the pilgrims, but the lawyer derided the zelots, labelling them "primitive idiots" for their gruesome display.

Years later, in a cold summer morning, a messager came into Middenheim with stories of Nuln collapsing under a terrible pestilence. It wasn't four days later that half of Middenheim was vomiting blood, that's when the rats erupted from the ground decimating the weakened people.

That's when Zeki understood. They were the idiots. The scholars, the Ulfric priests, Von Clapfen, even Zeki himself. They lost track of what was important, and the lack of faith in Sigmar doomed the Empire.

Now herding refugees into the more rural outposts, Zeki flogs himself while guarding the people, encouraging them to repent like him.

Personality: In his past life, the zelot used to be a cordial young man. He loved spending time at the tavern: wine, cards, friends and girls. Now the laughters echo in his memories like a bitter admonition. Everything not essential to Sigmar's will was cut-off and a result Zeki's identity emerged flattened. His history in the court of justice left a mark as he often resolves the squabbles between the evacuees (before resolving to screaming prayers and fanning the flail).

It might take a moment for him to understand that he's in a different reality and to relax on his preachings, as this world has yet to fall to the Ruinous Powers.

Description: The only visible proof of Zeki's affluent past are the tattered rags he sports. Although he keeps them as clean as possible (cleanliness is next to godliness, but blood is a b***h to clean) they are the bare essential to cover the scrawny young man. While a year ago one could've said that Mr. Baer was a fine-looking fellow, now it's hard not to see the horribly scarred skin, punctuated by holy verses fire-branded by himself. In moments of boredom he can be seen picking the scabs from the wounds.

Ambitions: Short-Term:
-find out "what the hell happened?" and "where am I?"
-convince everybody that "it's the Ruinous Power's fault!"
-kick the life out of whomever's fault!
Ambitions: Long-Term:
-redeem humanity in the eyes of Sigmar
-"F**k the Ruinous Powers!!"
-Prevent the Rats to overpower this reality as well
Motivation:
Blind faith, caused by the horrors he witnessed.

World you're from: The major difference from the "Canon world" is that the skaven of Clan Pestilens discovered a the recipe of one the fabled Thirteen Plagues that was the most effective disease to use against densly populated human cities, completely overtaking the Empire in less than a year. A fraction of humans still survive in the countryside, but the clock of humanity is ticking its last toks.

What preferred starting item would you like: What would be of a Flagellant without his flail?

Btw, "Gragh Mar school" is not a pun made by me, I found it on the wiki page of Middenheim, apparently meaning "stone tablet" in Dwarven.

@mightyoneshot, great App! Very Flash Gordon!

Last edited by Ursinorum; 05-24-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I'm working on a character concept- I've basically finished the alternate timeline, now I just need to create a character who grew up in it! Once I'm done I'll submit my application.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Application's done. Any and all feedback is more than welcome!

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Runhild Klugman
Species: Human
Class/Career: Wizard

Background
Originally from Nuln, Runhild was taken to the First College at Waldenhof twenty years ago, when her talent for magic was first recognized. The young girl cried for days as the College's men forced her to leave her family behind, and even as an adult she still suffers nightmares about the journey to Waldenhof- the loneliness, the fear of the unknown and the despair at leaving everything she knew behind. Her fear made Runhild an obedient student, her helplessness strengthening her desire to be the master of her own fate. As she grew older, Runhild learned that, upon completion of their basic training, some wizards would be sent to study alchemy at the Second College in Nuln. This she considered her only hope of ever seeing her family again, urging the young wizard to grow ever more dedicated to her studies, ever more ruthless in surpassing her rivals.

And then the news came. The Skaven had sacked Nuln- and her family, along with countless others, were among the slain. For Runhild, it was as if the earth disappeared beneath her feet- her one motivation for her studies had been to return to Nuln, so she could find her family again. But now, there was nothing left to return to- nothing to work towards anymore. Until her teachers pointed out that, one day, Runhild's studies would allow her to strike back at the Skaven. Moreover, the most skilled of necromancers could bring back the dead- and with that, Runhild had found her motivation anew- vengeance, and saving her family from death itself.

In the following years, Runhild gave herself over entirely to her studies. Further news of invasions of her homeland by the hordes of Chaos, and a greenskin Waaagh!, only further fueled her desire for vengeance. Yet before she could complete her studies, Runhild was whisked away to a strange new world...

Personality
Soft-spoken, yet determined. Being taken away from her family taught Runhild what it was to be powerless, and she never wants to feel that way again. As such, she is cautious, keeping to herself to avoid unwanted attention- after all, the bullies won't bother you if they don't realize you're there. That said, it would be a mistake to think the young woman timid. Runhild is ruthless in the pursuit of her goals- she is simply patient and calculating enough not to seek out unneccessary confrontations.

The First College of Waldenhof is not a very friendly place, and her studies there have taught Runhild that trust must be earned, lest it be abused. Nonetheless, a spark of the young woman's compassion remains- after all, her every action is fueled by love for her now deceased family.

Description
Short of stature, with thick, reddish brown hair, and sparkling green eyes surrounded by a rather sickly pale face. Runhild's desire not to draw attention to herself has her wearing rather simple garb- simple, practical dresses, in dark colours commonly found in nature, like browns, greens and greys. Sylvania's corruption have left her mark on her, however- the young woman has the scent of dry earth constantly surrounding her, and her face is marked with dozens of tiny pox marks. During her studies, the girl has lost the top two phalanges on her left ring finger, and a single tooth. Her hand are ever icy cold to the touch.

Ambitions:
- Short: Find means of surviving this strange new world; money, shelter, allies.
- Long: Find out what happened to her family in this world.

Motivation: Survival

Preferred starting item: A simple copper locket, containing the small painted images of her mother and father.