RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9876
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
I'll finish up the character sheet tonight. What with all the christmas stuff and working most days of the week I've been pretty busy. Should quiet down around New Years.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2216
Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid
I'm reading along and just wanted a quick clarification of which character sheet I am using.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:51 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
I've got the character sheet done except for equipment, but before I do that there are a couple of questions I need to ask.
1: How are we calculating the starting Wealth? Are we going to roll it out, or is there just a number you're going to give?
1b: If we're rolling it out do we just roll all of the profession checks then start purchasing, or do we make purchases in between rolls to simulate the equipment you'd get in between levels?
2: When purchasing equipment are you using the price (purchase DC) reduction for things from a lower progress level (Future page 5 for info)
3: In order to create "the Cannon" Would you allow Stacks to "Technically he made it, but that's just fluffpurchase" a S&W .44 magnum revolver with the Improved Stopping Power weapon gadget (Future Tech Page7, +1 dice damage +10 purchase DC)?
4: Would you allow Stacks to "Technically he made it, but that's just fluffpurchase" a robot sidekick/toy? I've got the stats from a previous game, but it's a tiny armature robot.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Mandalorian Bounty Hunter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 490
rngrbob rngrbob rngrbob rngrbob rngrbob
That should be the d20 modern sheet here on rpgxing okay Nomadic.

Okay Spatula. And yes ask away, lol. Well add your wealth bonus, plus any other modifiers (profession, windfall feat if taken and etc etc modifiers) then roll to see if you meet or exceed the purchase DC for the item you're trying to buy okay. If you don't meet the purchase DC then you can't buy, so just like in the core rulebook. So that's why I gave you to take 20 on requisitioning equipment, if you don't meet the DC for the items after rolling for them to your wealth checks. Even though all your equip will be available aboard your ship after awaking from hyper sleep and accessible to you as your PCs head for and are on the planet. The Improved Stopping power weapon gadget from Future tech sounds like its mostly for laser powered weapons. What kind of robot sidekick/toy is it and whats its size did you have in mind?

Last edited by rngrbob; 12-31-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:56 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I will post the games thread here later okay and we can get started in play.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ok well then I guess I'll make my wealth bonus rolls.

Improved stopping power is not normally restricted to energy weapons. Some of the weapon gadgets are and they specify. If you'd rather I not take it I'll simply buy a normal weapon.

The robot is a Tiny Armature style robot, so it's about the size of a cat. I did up the stats ages ago for another game. Because of the way prices are summed it's cost is PDC20 if Stacks makes it himself (since only the feat progit reduces his wealth level if he buys it component by component and constructs it himself), but 24 if it's an "off the shelf" style purchase for the completed robot (which requires some annoying price conversion out of the D20 modern core book). The price assumes that the various components get the lower PL discount, so that may change, but probably not by a whole lot.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; 01-01-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:17 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2565
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
I'll post when I get off work approximately 10 hours from now.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:48 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Okay Spatula I looked over your post, you can have the robotic pet though it will be available through play like the gun drone. Though it would be like in the SWRPG with the R2 astomechs given to a group to help with functions that other players can't do or don't have the skills to preform alright. So it will be available for you as you prep and head done on the planet and don't have to spend the money to build, though I guess the parts to build it was requisitioned or spares, either way is up to you. And you can have most of the items on your equipment list okay except the display glasses alright. If you think I'm being an a** sorry I'm not trying to be okay, I do know they're just ideas for Stack. Though if you are thinking about the same thing as Vasquez and Drake wear in Aliens that use in conjunction with their heavy guns, I guess that would be something like display glasses then though idk if they are or not actually. If they then I would allow the glasses then alright Spatula.

Alright Jat.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:27 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I haven't seen Nomadicdruid posting as of yet with in the game, though we'll trudge on ward with out him until he does or doesn't alright. Also most of the game will be open role-play even though I have most of it written out. Mainly the important stuff like info, skill checks and etc etc alright so you guys can rp as much or little as you like okay. Until we come to the important stuff in game. At anytime if any of guys feel if the rp drags on, I can move the game forward alright on to the major stuff I have planned out to rp and so forth. So basically the game is mostly an open ended one like with most single player video games. So what ever you do in game will effect the outcome, even though there's an underlying plot line to achieve.