Game Thread Chapter 02 - Hoarkeep - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Dragonberth > Drak Solo D&D 5E
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 05-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Drak Drak is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-05-2018
RPXP: 0
Drak
Posts: 542
"I am called Gareth. Come let us gather our things and hurry to Two Rivers. They must be warned if there is indeed a bandit group formed and terrorizing these lands." I gather my things and help the man scavenge what we can from his ruined wagon. Then leading my horse and walking with the man we set off for Two Rivers.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Elrood's Avatar
Elrood Elrood is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 594
Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood
Posts: 1,211
The duo gathers up their possessions. "I apologize. I just realized I had not introduced myself. I am Piers. My family has been in this region for many years. Lord Samuelson is a ruthless ruler, though, and our yok has been burdened for some time. It has not been an easy life."

The two men proceed to walk besides Gareth's horse down the riverbank.

****

The idle chatter continued for several hours. Piers detailed a lot about the countryside and his family's history while Gareth spoke on his time in the Order.

Hunger came to the two men as nightfall was approaching. The distant sounds of a wolf could be heard as clear skies darkened.

Piers said to Gareth, "Shall we eat? I have some salted lamb, the last of it. I would be happy to share once we get a fire started."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Drak Drak is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-05-2018
RPXP: 0
Drak
Posts: 542
Once we find a suitable campsite for the night, I will start a fire and supplement his salted lamb with rations from my saddlebags. After night has fallen and we have eaten, we will settle in to sleep near the fire.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Elrood's Avatar
Elrood Elrood is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 594
Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood
Posts: 1,211
The arrival at Two Rivers takes longer than expected, with bad rainfall forcing the two to travel slower than expected. The ground is still wet and muddy as they enter into the outskirts of Two Rivers at midday, the drizzle still falling since they awoke that morning.

Piers stops a passerby and asks where the justice makers could be found, that he and his companion have urgent news for them. A rundown building is pointed out.

He looks towards Gareth, "Will you accompany me?"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Drak Drak is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-05-2018
RPXP: 0
Drak
Posts: 542
"Of course I will accompany you, friend. Come let us go and get out of this miserable rain." Moving with Piers toward the indicated building, I wrap the horse's lead around a nearby post and go inside with Piers.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-29-2015, 02:38 PM
Elrood's Avatar
Elrood Elrood is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 594
Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood
Posts: 1,211
Gareth and Piers go inside to explain the situation. Obvious doubts show on the faces of several of the men inside the rundown building, but some are indeed concerned. A series of squabbles amongst the justice makers almost escalates before the leader apparent quiets everyone down.

"I know of this gang. They are indeed formidable if at full strength. This must be investigated." He turns to the man to his right. "You, head to Hoarkeep, follow on this with the Dwarves. Assign Turen to head to the mine. Have him take proper reinforcements. Go."

The leader turns to Gareth and Piers. "We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will do what we can. Soon as time and men permits, we will attempt to locate their company. As for you, I recommend you avoid the roads for now if at all possible."

Piers speaks up quickly, "I have come here for work in the mines, so I do not intend on traveling."

"Excellent. We do indeed have room for workers. A recent cave-in occurred and it needs clearing. Fortunately, no one was hurt."

They talk quickly back and forth and make arrangements. Afterwards, Piers walks out with Gareth and shakes his hand once more. "I thank you for your company. I think I will be fine here. Go with your gods, Gareth."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-24-2015, 06:06 PM
Drak Drak is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-05-2018
RPXP: 0
Drak
Posts: 542
"Farewell Piers. May the gods smile upon you." I leave the man to his search of work. With an internal sigh, I leave the dry comfort of the building. Looking up at the sky, then to the road to Hoarkeep, then over to the local inn. With a chuckle I swing into the saddle. "The price of duty." I whisper to myself as I lead my mount out of town and down the road towards Hoarkeep. Riding through the rain, seeing how far I can get down the muddied road before night falls.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-25-2015, 08:59 AM
Elrood's Avatar
Elrood Elrood is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 594
Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood
Posts: 1,211
The day turns to night and Gareth finds a place to camp for what turns out to be an uneventful night.

****

The following day, however, is not to be so. Four hours into his journey northward, Gareth comes across a scene.

Four bodies lay strewn about, their limbs in various states of dismember, their clothes torn and strewn throughout.

One of the bodies Gareth recognizes from Two Rivers.

OOCThis is the party sent from Two Rivers to Hoarkeep.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-25-2015, 09:37 AM
Drak Drak is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-05-2018
RPXP: 0
Drak
Posts: 542
OOCI assume it is obvious there are no survivors.

Carefully dismounting, I scan the area.
Dice Perception check.:
d20+4 (2)+4 Total = 6
Moving up to the bodies, shield and war hammer at the ready, I try to discern what happened to the unfortunate party.
Dice Investigation check.:
d20+2 (16)+2 Total = 18
I whisper a prayer for their souls as I look over the scene.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-25-2015, 01:26 PM
Elrood's Avatar
Elrood Elrood is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 594
Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood
Posts: 1,211
As Gareth surveys the bodies he finds that all of the corpses several have had fingers forcefully removed, and on two of the bodies, their chests cut open, although no internal organs appear to be missing.

Further investigation of the surrounding ground shows horse prints of about a dozen horses headed towards Hoarkeep.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Drak Drak is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-05-2018
RPXP: 0
Drak
Posts: 542
Though it pains me not to be able to lay their bodies to rest properly nor inform the people back in Two Rivers, I none the less gather the bodies together on the side of the road. Saying a prayer over each as I arrange them with the honor they deserve yet moving as quickly as I can. After the bodies are arranged, hopefully someone from Two Rivers will discover them before any wild animals can get to them, I set out towards Hoarkeep once again following the hoove prints of the horses.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-26-2015, 08:30 AM
Elrood's Avatar
Elrood Elrood is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 594
Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood
Posts: 1,211
OOCGive me a Perception check, please.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-26-2015, 09:35 AM
Drak Drak is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-05-2018
RPXP: 0
Drak
Posts: 542
Dice Perception check.:
d20+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-26-2015, 09:56 AM
Elrood's Avatar
Elrood Elrood is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-22-2019
RPXP: 594
Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood Elrood
Posts: 1,211
Gareth continues on the trail north.

Suddenly, three men jump out and ambush him! His horse, quickly subdued, comes to a halt.

Two of the three men dismount. One tells the still mounted rider, "Head on. Tell the others. There might be more." The rider nods and takes off.

The speaker looks up at Gareth, his face covered by a mask, eyes and mouth all that's revealed. "Well, what do we have here? You a real religious man? You going to need your gods tonight."

Glancing at the men, Gareth can see them to dress in obvious assassin garb. Leather armor, daggers on their hips, deep boots with who knows what in them, a necklace with whatever hangs off it underneath the shirt. A horse whinnies from a now obvious nearby campsite several years off the road. It becomes apparent that this was most likely planned for whoever the next rider on the road.

Last edited by Elrood; 08-26-2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Details
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Drak Drak is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-05-2018
RPXP: 0
Drak
Posts: 542
Dismounting, shield and warhammer in hand, "Yes I will need Tyr tonight, to pray to for your souls after I send you on to your final rest. Come on you brigands!"

OOCI am going to use my War Priest ability which allows me to make an Attack action as a bonus action this turn.


Dice Initiative.:
d20+2 (6)+2 Total = 8
Dice War hammer attack action vs man on my left.:
d20+6 (15)+6 Total = 21
Dice War hammer damage roll.:
d8+4 (2)+4 Total = 6
Dice War Priest war hammer attack roll vs same target.:
d20+6 (13)+6 Total = 19
Dice War hammer damage dice roll.:
d8+4 (1)+4 Total = 5
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB