twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 346
Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan
Do we need some special feats to use the Starcraft-related weapons and armor in the Equipment sections? As a marine I'm thinking it's natural to use the CMC-300/400 Combat Suit and the Impaler Rifle. Do I need to get some feats to use them properly? Also, do I need to buy the equipment mentioned earlier or are they given to all recruits?

Oh, and we're talking about Sons of Korhal here.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Outcast is correct. You do get two feats you may choose at level one because you're a human, just like in 3.5e. You also may get to choose a feat from your occupation and class.

As long as you have Personal Firearms Proficiency, you may use the guass rifle, canister rifle, and the scythe pistol. The D-8 charge requires no feat. The lockdown missle, flash launcher, and flamethrower all require you to take Exotic Firearms Proficiency once per weapon. All of the armor requires Armor Proficiency (Powered) except the shield which requires special medic training (you must be a medic to use it). You will have to purchase everything.

As a marine, you never finished power armor training in boot camp. You were going to before you were shipped out. (I don't want you to start out with all those bonuses)

goplayer, English was made the only language legal, that doesn't mean the other languages disappeared. They're still around but its rare to find anyone who's bilingual. Also it may be good to note, the Nagglefar landed about 240 years ago. It was sent from Earth 270+/- years ago (about the same time languages were banned).

Now, there is one thing I messed up on. Can each of you please get rid of Alignment on your application and replace it with Allegiances? I forgot that there is no alignment system in d20 modern. At this point, I think it would only make sense for you to be with the Confederacy or the Sons of Korhal.

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 06-08-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:32 PM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfgar Bloodcrier View Post
Outcast is correct. You do get two feats you may choose at level one because you're a human, just like in 3.5e. You also may get to choose a feat from your occupation and class.

As long as you have Personal Firearms Proficiency, you may use the guass rifle, canister rifle, and the scythe pistol. The D-8 charge requires no feat. The lockdown missle, flash launcher, and flamethrower all require you to take Exotic Firearms Proficiency once per weapon. All of the armor requires Armor Proficiency (Powered) except the shield which requires special medic training (you must be a medic to use it). You will have to purchase everything.

As a marine, you never finished power armor training in boot camp. You were going to before you were shipped out. (I don't want you to start out with all those bonuses)

Now, there is one thing I messed up on. Can each of you please get rid of Alignment on your application and replace it with Allegiances? I forgot that there is no alignment system in d20 modern. At this point, I think it would only make sense for you to be with the Confederacy or the Sons of Korhal.
A few more comments/questions:
  • Thanks for clearing that up (about the two level 1 feats).
  • Does Yves need new feats to pilot the Starcraft-specific spacecraft, or will Aircraft Operation (Spacecraft) be sufficient?
  • Did I roll correctly for wealth?

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications
Old 06-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Starship Operation (PR: Pilot 2 ranks) is it's own feat. You select a type of starship that you can pilot (weight class).

Wealth looks correct. While we're on that topic, does anyone want to switch from WC to dollars? It doesn't matter to me.

Also, as I'm now realizing you can hardly afford any equipment, you will each start with a Falcon .45 (Future).

Last edited by Ulfgar Bloodcrier; 06-08-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Do we get some items free of charge from the employers? I mean Mark starts with a wealth of 4, and after purchasing an armor and mechanical tool kit he's got a nice 2 points of wealth left. I'm talking about cheap things that cost nothing for Confederacy or Sons of Korhal, like PDC of 10 or less.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:16 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, I don't really care if you have some free mundane items. What do you have in mind?
Old 06-08-2010, 03:18 PM
囲碁選手七

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Ok two of them are easy for me English and Japanese (taught to by parents who's family is into tradition even after this long)... now I just need a third. Can Sign Language count as a language for the linguist requirement (there must be deaf people even in this time)?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:17 PM
memento vivi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
@hikaru: Pretty sure that if the Confederacy can wipe your memory, they can give you implants to fix deafness.

@Ulfgar: I think my character sheet is pretty much done for now...I don't really know what to buy / what will be useful for our starting setting or situation.

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications

Last edited by reivision; 06-08-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Antiquated Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
'Can' does not equate to 'will', Reivision. They're not a nice government, the Confederacy.

Mmm. Wealth. I'll have to see if I can find anything suitable to buy. Lots of computer gear, perhaps.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I put the gear I couldn't afford (if I wished to keep at least some savings) in the bottom of the gear list of my character sheet. Are they all okay?

A few questions:
Does Combat Knife differ somehow of the plain Knife? I was unable to find it in the rulebook.
Are repairing and crafting gear okay? I've got multipurpose tool and Basic Mechanical Tool Kit on my wish list.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
goplayer, sign language could still exist. Poor colonists would never be able to afford treatments for deaf people. Also the military uses sign language sometimes.

reivision, at the start of the game you don't have to roll for equipment. Just make sure to subtract one wealth if the PDC is higher than your wealth and another if the PDC is 15+. You guys are supposed to be poor at the beginning.

Reeshan, Combat knife is the same as a knife, I just called it a combat knife because I found it unlikely that anyone would be using a kitchen knife. Yes, all those things are okay.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:40 AM
囲碁選手七

Tools
User Statistics
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Thank you, now it can speak sign language fluently.

(the previous sentence in sign language, no wait that smiles, nvm)

Last edited by goplayer7; 06-09-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
I have vastly expanded the equipment you can purchase from d20 Modern. Also, if you hadn't noticed, I added pictures for the planets.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Crier of Blood

Tools
User Statistics
Game thread is up. You can get started with some role playing while we wait for sheets to get finished up.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:46 PM
囲碁選手七

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, I never said he was short. I said thin build and short hair, but never that he was short. I guess it might just me the magnification of the lens causing that (assuming that the lens is convex and he is standing further away than 2 * the focus)

Edit: Re-read and realized that the 1st one might not be me (assuming that I read correctly and there are infact 2) . He is about 5' tall (2'' shorter than average in Japan), forgot initially that there was a might

Last edited by goplayer7; 06-09-2010 at 03:49 PM.