Game Thread Rebel Yell - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Starcraft: Void Runners > Game Threads
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 06-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Outcast's Avatar
Outcast Outcast is offline
Antiquated Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-29-2015
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Posts: 1,256
Mustering a distinctly uncertain smile, Catelyn nods jerkily to Doctor Rine, trying not to let herself flinch too obviously in response to the tremors - or the comments from the marines.

"I... that's good to hear, at least. Ummmm. I've all sorts of questions, and I've no idea what's happening, but this... it doesn't sound like things are going well. Are we setting out soon? Getting somewhere a little more stable seems kind of appealing right now."
__________________
He who does not stand firm on principles and has neither wide knowledge nor penetrating judgment is not worthy to be a companion ~~ Mo Tzu
PotM winner for May 2012, somehow!
  #17  
Old 06-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Ulfgar Bloodcrier's Avatar
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier is offline
Crier of Blood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2017
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Posts: 2,256
CatelynDr. Rine frowns and looks up at the marine standing next to him. The soldier nods and Dr. Rine says Yes. We'll be leaving immediately. Something seems off. All of the men in the room get up and pack into the APC. You sit in the dark transport once again, but this time you are next to Dr. Rine and there are five unarmored marines with you in addition to the four with armor. Dr. Rine speaks again. It should only be a short distance. He fiddles with a pen in his hands. It seems all too familiar as the APC stops and you once again disembark. This time you are near a mountain. You see the installation entrance a little way ahead. The marines lead you over to the Confederate structure. Now a dozen more soldiers step out from hiding. However, these men have red power armor and bear the fist insignia, marking them as Sons of Korhal. One speaks up She gonna open the door? There is now a gun pressed to the back of your head and you notice Dr. Rine is given the same treatment. The disguised rebel behind you speaks, She better.
  #18  
Old 06-15-2010, 05:04 PM
reivision's Avatar
reivision reivision is offline
memento vivi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-19-2016
RPXP: 5985
reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision reivision
Posts: 3,082
The Rock curses inwardly. Damn neural implant. Confused me so badly I thought Teers had Confederate ranking. He keeps his sidearm in hand, but he knows he won't be able to fire on the Confederates peppering the canyon from above. However, it seems his crackshot aim will not be needed; Lieutenant Cook deftly dispatches one of the marines, and her rebel band is returning fire to great effect.
__________________

Learn good posting style! | Amy's Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Learn to write good applications! | Aeternis' Guide to BAD-ASS Applications

Last edited by reivision; 06-15-2010 at 05:05 PM.
  #19  
Old 06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Outcast's Avatar
Outcast Outcast is offline
Antiquated Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-29-2015
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Posts: 1,256
This day just isn't getting any better.

Catelyn darts a sidelong glance towards Doctor Rine, but isn't exactly expecting any reassurance there. It seems that he's in every bit as much trouble as she is.

Though her racing mind can provide her with all sorts of heroic and stylish possible responses, courtesy of popular entertainment, Catelyn simply bites her lip hard to (mostly) hold back a whimper, and extends a shaking hand to start fumbling with the door. She can only hope that any reception committee inside aren't inclined to open fire.
__________________
He who does not stand firm on principles and has neither wide knowledge nor penetrating judgment is not worthy to be a companion ~~ Mo Tzu
PotM winner for May 2012, somehow!
  #20  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Reeshan's Avatar
Reeshan Reeshan is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-08-2019
RPXP: 346
Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan Reeshan
Posts: 768
That one was close. Better kill the enemy before they get a better shot at me.

Mark took a few steps crouched to find better cover and opened fire against the enemy once again. This time the shot was a bit better but it didn't still satisfy young McHamon. He couldn't believe that he had missed twice a row. He should do better with his next shot.
__________________
Wise men make proverbs, but fools repeat them.
- Samuel Palmer
  #21  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:50 AM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-21-2020
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 17,959
Saipo, hearing the continued fighting, slowly moves along the crack to gain some distance away from the shooting. If he suspects that someone if going to shoot him then he stops.

Generic d20:
Dice Roll:
d20 3
(3) (incase if you need a roll for something unforseen, just add the modifiers as needed)
  #22  
Old 06-16-2010, 11:48 AM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
Shei- AC 18 HP 10

Shei braces herself, trying to take down as many of the enemies as possible at once. She shoots at the two soldiers shooting spikes at them.
AttackShei fires her two pistols, each at the two spike-shooters that missed the group.
DamageGlock 20 -8
Beretta 92 -9
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller
  #23  
Old 06-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Ulfgar Bloodcrier's Avatar
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier is offline
Crier of Blood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2017
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Posts: 2,256
CatelynDr. Rine looks at you as you begin fumbling with the door. You do not want to open up that door. The marine behind him pushes him to the ground. Shut up... Dr. Rine begins softly whimpering to himself.
 


The Marines on the ridge continue firing. Another volley of spike bursts rains down on the rebel group. Jackson yells out and rolls in front of Shei. Three spikes pierce through him and he becomes little more than a mass of flesh in the dirt. The other two marines miss. The sound of an engine can be heard and you see you a Vulture hover bike racing towards you through the canyon. Mark fires again but, distracted by the nearby gunfire, misses. Saipo slips out of sight through the crack. He stops when he steps on something....crunchy. Shei spins to face the marines on the nearest ridge. She fires her dual pistols but only one bullet finds its mark, ripping into the soldiers leg. Yves tries to muster his will to fire at the Confederates but he cannot and the nausea and pain in his head increase. The Korhal firepower seems to be enough to overwhelm the few Confederates. The previously wounded marine goes down and the two marines on the other ridge collapse as well. Angelo takes a knee and pulls out his rocket launcher. The ear shattering sound of the rocket igniting and flying at the Vulture bike echoes off the canyon. The rocket explodes directly underneath the hover bike, flipping it and flinging it's rider against the canyon. You hear bones shattering.

Lt. Cook does not hesitate and starts running to get out of the canyon. A few of the rebels follow but some stay to recover their breath. Angelo begins searching through one of the dead marines ammo container Grab some ammo if you need it. The dead rebel next to Mark lays mostly intact. You think his name was Connor, but you're not sure. His eyes lay open and blood rolls out of his mouth. Teers stares at him and then to Mark. The price of war.
  #24  
Old 06-16-2010, 02:56 PM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-21-2020
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 17,959
Saipo picks up his foot to see what he steped on

ActionsFree: Pick up foot
Standard: Spot check on ground- 6 (OOC: uhhhh, I can't see the ground)

Random d20 just in case (i'll just add these on every time with no text starting now):
Dice Roll:
d20 12
(12)

Last edited by goplayer7; 06-16-2010 at 02:58 PM.
  #25  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Outcast's Avatar
Outcast Outcast is offline
Antiquated Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-29-2015
RPXP: 1348
Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast Outcast
Posts: 1,256
Gulping loudly, Catelyn shoots Doctor Rine a look, then tries to steady her hands upon the door's controls. As she works, bringing up an interface so that she can set about doing as ordered, she directs a question to the world in general.

"What is in here? I'm just wondering if I'm going to release a plague, or get torn to pieces by automated defences, or other stuff even more fun than having a gun to my head."

Dice Computer Use:
d20 17
__________________
He who does not stand firm on principles and has neither wide knowledge nor penetrating judgment is not worthy to be a companion ~~ Mo Tzu
PotM winner for May 2012, somehow!
  #26  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
Lieutenant, the man from the transport fled behind the rocks. I will retrieve him. Shei holsters her baretta and goes to retrieve Saipo.
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller
  #27  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-21-2020
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 17,959
When Shei gets in sight Saipo keeps doing what he doing, "Listen, I wasn't trying to escape. I just didn't want to get hurt. I have every intention of saying alive by any means I feel appropriate."

ActionsSpeak in the appropriate case depending on how Shei approaches Saipo.

Last edited by goplayer7; 06-16-2010 at 05:24 PM.
  #28  
Old 06-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Ulfgar Bloodcrier's Avatar
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier is offline
Crier of Blood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-09-2017
RPXP: 650
Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier Ulfgar Bloodcrier
Posts: 2,256
CatelynDon't worry about that. Just open the door. The marine seems rather disgruntled. The computer terminal outside of the installation makes a happy beeping noise as you enter the correct sequence to open the door as an admin. The adjutant speaks through the computer Access granted. Blue lights turn on and steam is released as the large steel doors begin to slid open. Inside is mostly dark. You see a light flickering down the hall. Most notably, however, is the large amount of blood smeared on the ground right in front of the door as well as a heavy splattering on the right wall. Dr. Rine loses it. What have you done?! We'll all die if we go in there! What have we done... The soldiers move inside. Once the area is clear, we'll use her to get the files. For now take her back to base. The marine behind you just grunts. For the third time in a very short time, you are loaded into an APC...


Saipo looks underneath his foot. You see a bit of yellow blood, as if you stepped on a large bug, but more distinct is the thick purple slime covering the ground back here. It pulsates and looks...alive.
  #29  
Old 06-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-09-2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
The confederates have been killed, come on. Shei motions with her off hand for him to lead the way back out of the cracks. What the hell is that slime? Shei says as she notices him looking down at his feet.
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller

Last edited by Felyx Zephyr; 06-16-2010 at 05:25 PM.
  #30  
Old 06-16-2010, 05:25 PM
goplayer7's Avatar
goplayer7 goplayer7 is offline
囲碁選手七
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-21-2020
RPXP: 8459
goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7 goplayer7
Posts: 17,959
"I don't know," Saipo says as he takes a few steps back. He takes out a camera from his pocket and immediatly takes a picture of the goo while thinking about what it could be, figuring that if he can't think of what it is he can look it up. He then takes out his Evidence Kit and gets ready to try and get a sample of it. He puts on a pair of gloves and takes out a pair of tweezers and a test tube. He takes the tweezers and tries to get a sample of the goo. If it is possible he puts it into the test tube and corks it, then putting it into a plastic bag and zippering it in case if the cork breaks.

ActionsTake out camera and take a picture of the good while thinking about what it could be.
Take out Evidence Kit
From the kit, put on gloves and take out tweezers and a test tube
Extract a sample of the goo and (if possible) putting it into the test tube, corking it and putting it into a plastic bag

Knowledge (life science) check: 19

Last edited by goplayer7; 06-16-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB