twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 02:42 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3479
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
Ok I'll work up something for you to build off of.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
ballon ballon ballon ballon
Anael - here is the character sheet with the stats Ballon - PI
Old 08-13-2019, 03:24 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
I'm going to work up something different since I'm making everyone else roll for stats. Giving you the array seems a little unfair.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:25 PM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2103
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
I'll go over and roll some stats now. I didn't feel comfortable delving to deeply into the character not knowing what some of those rolls would be.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 306
Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix
I'm interested!

How would you feel about a tax inspector, sent by the federal government to inventorize everything, and make sure it all gets safely to the museum?

It would be justified as a cautionary measure due to the immense wealth (and equally immense fraud and theft potential), at least until an expert appraises the goods, and the museum gets its federal recognition as a non-profit, making sure it's not a scam to evade estate taxes
Old 08-13-2019, 07:36 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Haha I like it.

Itís an interesting mix of characters so far....
Old 08-13-2019, 09:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12566
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Can you roll me some bones and will see if something interesting percolates
Old 08-13-2019, 09:30 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Sure if you want but feel free to follow the link and roll there on your own if you prefer.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:58 PM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2103
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
I've added a bit of personality to my application. I may keep expanding as time goes on though, I have a tendency of going back and "polishing" my applications a bit before deadlines.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 128
Bookfellow Bookfellow
I'll get my fellow posted shortly: he's an occultist and medium of some renown.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
ballon ballon ballon ballon
Anael - saw the stats for the PI - not the greatest but workable I'll finish flushing out my character here tonight or tomorrow. What's year are we starting out in?

Name: Melvin Buchanan

Profession: Private Investigator

Appearance: Melvin is 6'2" tall and weighs a healthy 185 lbs. With blue eyes and a balding head, he tends to favor wearing wide straight leg trousers, usually grey in color, dark colored plaid flannel shirts, black and white wing tipped shoes and is never without his grey newsboy hat. His coat is also grey in color with additional wide pockets sewn on the inside so he has a place for his note pads and pencils.

Background: Born in McKees Rocks Pennsylvania, Melvin was the youngest of three kids - one brother and one sister. His dad worked in the steel mill and his mom was a factory working. Throughout his youth Melvin excelled in athletics, especially baseball and even had a scholarship lined up. That is until he had an accident at the age of 18 when he was hit by a drunk driver who fled the scene. Even though he was lucky to survive, the accident left him with a bum leg and his scholarship went right out the window. Pissed off at the world, he worked hard trying to find the person responsible for his misfortune and even joined the police force so when he tracked them down, he could do something about it. Although he never found the person responsible due to the time that had past, he did find that he had an aptitude for solving crime. An aptitude that would cost a few years later....

Personality: The only reason I became a PI was because my time on the police force was short lived. Not that I was dirty mind you. Matter of fact, I got tired of turning down bribes from the local mob boys. I'm not compromising my integrity for anyone - no matter how much they want to give me. But that's not the only reason. See this star-shaped scar on my hand? Got home one night and one of Dean O'Banion's boys was waiting for me. He pinned my hand to the desk, put the barrel of a .38 special on the back of it and pulled the trigger. Told me next time I better take the cash or else. That was enough for me. I may struggle at times getting bills paid but at least the work is honest and every now and again a real detective job comes along. One that doesn't involve trailing someone's spouse because they suspect them of having an affair.

Why am I here: Hired by the actress Olive Thomas to recover a string of pearls given to her by the German Ambassador Albrecht von Bernstorff. The pearls were reported stolen back in 1917 and rumor has it they ended up in Count Leopold Korisingraf's collection. Knowing that he can't outright accuse the count's estate of theft he figures his only way in is to take a job helping to inventory the items.

Last edited by ballon; 08-15-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:13 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Yes sadly Iím not always the best roller. If you wish to do a reroll on your own followingthat format Iíll allow it.

So far so good Book.

Mcderth part of me really wishes he was trying to pass himself off as an archaeologist or some other professional.
ďYeh deez uh artemehfacts look really old and uh pricey. I uh left my tools in meh truck so Iíll take deez with me.Ē
Old 08-14-2019, 09:14 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 130
Lyserg Bandolia Lyserg Bandolia
Application

Name: Mortimer "Morty" Ignatius
Profession: Engineer
Appearance: A very portly man, blond balding hair and facially disfigured; hideously burned from an accident with acid. The scarring trails down his neck into his suit, which strains to fit him. He moves with help from a cane, though how much of it is needed for locomotion and how much is just as something to rest on is a story you won't hear from him.

Background: Applying for the professional part of the ad, Morty is a brilliant tinkerer, held back by his injury and lack of access to formal education. He gathered a good reputation from those willing to look past the physical injuries he has suffered. He is a dreamer, usually sketching in his notebook different ideas for inventions and such. Born of a lower class family, he learned through books and studying, not being able to afford college or a higher education. The accident, when he let his ideas go a bit too far, has had no impact on his ambition or his intellect.
Acknowledging his lack of education, he is respectful toward those who prove themselves intelligent or wise, though decently dismissive of those who rely on brawn to make their way in the world. Those who would dismiss him from his weight or his injury though, he is downright poisonous toward.

Reason for being there: Receiving a letter from Edward, he decided to come and see what he could organize and learn. Having heard of Leopold but never met him, he is vastly curious on what he will uncover.

OOCLike I said before, I'm new to the system and decently new to the site altogether. If there's something I need to change or embellish, let me know and I'll be more than happy to.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:58 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 306
Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix
Agent Jack Wheeler
left-aligned image
Name: Jack Aaron Wheeler
Profession: Federal tax agent
Appearance: Tall and imposing, although not particularly athletic, Agent Wheeler has a natural magnetism that he maintains despite the years by keeping his looks up to date.

Jack keeps his jet hair combed back, with a generous dose of wax, save for a rebellious lock of hair that stubbornly likes to hang over to the right.
A long face with dark green eyes, strong nose, a neatly kept thick dallas moustache, and a solid jaw round up his face.

Always well groomed, Wheeler likes expensive clothing that slip a bit over his budget, and neatly preserves them with frequent trips to the dry cleaner.
Never a friend of fasion risks, his usual work attire consists of a tailored navy suit or overcoat made of resistant materials, with a hat and tie to match, a good white shirt, gold plated watch with leather straps, a dark leather suitcase and to finish, some black oxfords, all spiced up with a dash of a fresh perfume.

Background:
Wheeler was born in a family of 5, in a humble homestead in rural Massachusetts, and he spent all of his formative years, like most of his schoolmates, between school and helping wherever he could in the family farm, living a simple life. He wasn't a loner, but few of his friends shared his views.
And the truth is that a farmer's life wasn't what the times asked for a young man of the 20th century. News of fortunes being made overnight, great scientific and architectural advances, new art was popping up all around in cities... The world was moving faster and faster, and you had to take your train, or be left in the mud. So after finishing highschool, he banded with a couple of guys and left for Boston, looking for a better life.

Life in the city was oddly two-faced. At day, people roamed the streets, somberly marching to monotone groans and knocks, as they slaved away their days for a misery. Work was hard, scarce and ungrateful, but the nights... The nights were completely different.
Color and smiles lit up the streets. The background noises gave way to cheers. Music started to play, and the gloomy people drank and danced their troubles away. Every night at the Boston clubs you could meet a dozen interesting people, who you'd probably never see again. This was the Boston Jack was looking for, and he became a regular in the Boston night.

Living was hard for a few months. The, quite literally roommates, relied on one another for survival as they bounced from shady to shadier jobs. After one of those, a foreman saw Wheeler's potential, and got him in the docking business, first as a cargo handler, and soon as an accountant, where he worked for 5 years.

The docks were, of course controlled by the mob, which was in turn supported by the political class, and bribes and missing crates happened every day. Now, higher positions in the mob business require higher involvement, but fly too close to the sun, and you get burnt. In his five years, Wheeler saw many loud rising stars get shot down in a dirty alleyway. Instead, Jack bode his time, slowly learning, and meticulously double checking ever bit of paper signed by him. Truth is, the boy had a knack for math and analysis, and his good performance at the docks, together with his active night life didn't go unnoticed.

In 1914 the Massachusetts branch of the Bureau of Internal Revenue was created, and needed personnel. Seeing it as an opportunity to promote, Jack discussed this with his boss and applied. The Soon-to-be Mayor James Curley probably had something to do with the boy's appointment. At this point he knew quite a few criminal history, affiliation, drinking habits, and his liking of mensecrets about Wheeler, and it was useful to place a good accountant of his in the new federal branch. Or maybe he didn't place him there, but he never stopped reminding Jack about it either way.

In the BIR, under the new mayor, Agent Wheeler cracked down on the competition, thanks to 'anonymous calls', and tried to implement the new tax system in the city. When the great war started, war bond sales did wonders for his reputation in the upper class. By 1918, when Mayor Curley got back to the oposition, Jack had learned a lot about Boston's two economies, and had delved quite a bit into politics. He got some powerful friends, and distanced himself a bit from his old gang. He wasn't directly working for the mob anymore, but he wasn't hurting the dock gang either. His job was to maintain the profitable status quo until Curley got reelected.

Things were looking fine, and then on January 1920 hit hard, and it changed the game completely, shattering the status quo, and making his job and habits a lot more dangerous for a federal agent.

Reason for being there: The young Bureau of internal Revenue is being understandably unpopular with the general public, and its new prohibition department busting speakeasies sure isn't helping change that.
Looking for the bureau's first big hit with the public, and maybe a healthy promotion, hopefully into politics, Agent Wheeler stumbled upon an opportunity he just couldn't let go:

In a nearby city, an unidentified fortune held by a 'hun' philantropist was about to change hands and location. The risk for a massive tax fraud, or even worse, smuggling of the treasure back to central Europe, was too big to wait for standard procedure times, or men to reinforce the small and overloaded Massachusetts's Bureau branch.

Jack quickly grabbed the case, placed a preemptive embargo on the lot, and with the help of a friendly magistrate acquaintance, he obtained a judicial permit to access the Count's property, in order to make sure that the goods were properly catalogued, and safe until arrival to their destination.

StatsStr 40
Con 40
Size 80
Dex 45
App 80
Int 85
Pow 70
Edu 65
Luck 50
Attributes
Federal agent EDUx4=260

CR 0+40=40 x2 x50
Drive auto 20+10=30
Fighting brawl 25+10=35
Firearms handgun 20+20=40
Firearms shotgun 25+10=35
Law 5+35=40
Persuade 10+40=50
Stealth 20
Spot hidden 25+25=50
Accounting 05+70=75

Personal interests INTx2=170
Animal handling 05+10=15
Appraise 01+35=36
Art photography 05+15=20
Art forgery 05
Charm 15+10=25
Dodge 22+10=32
Fast talk 05+20=25
Intimidate 15+30=45
Library use 20+5=25
Mechanical repair 10+10=20
Operate heavy machinery 01+10=11
Pilot boat 01+15=16
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190821_014030.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	81367  

Last edited by Orgetorix; 08-22-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12566
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Yup I got my rolls in as well just have to craft the app up, was thinking a member of the clergy depending on the religious inclinations of Count Leopold Korisingraf?