RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 04:02 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 108
Aoem Aoem
Heaven & Earth ~ The CrownStone of Gaia

Game NameHeaven & Earth ~ The CrownStone of Gaia
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeDefending Cosmic Light,
FlavourMagickal Renaissance, Gothic, Fantasy,
Plot Summary
H&E
~ Heaven & Earth ~
Theme SongMiddle Earth Rivendell

Sathrensau
right-aligned image

"I suppose it's time.. Come, we best not keep them waiting..
It'll be a long time before this happens again.. but it's your choice you know... "

Sathrensau the Silver Blooded guides you closer to the ritual site of the old dragons... Cresting the rim of an old crater, you descend through infernal scorch marks and deep fissures torn into the black volcanic rock .. As you arrive into the center of the crater.. Sathrensau Gestures for you to come closer.. Before you, at the lowest point in the crater.. a moonlight pool of crystal water shines.. encircled by cairns.. The water vortexes and disappears deeper into the rock.. swirling faster as you draw nearer... Standing at the rim.. you see the silvery water shift hues, flashing a multi colored collection of rainbow pigments..
Sathrensau turns to you.. A moment of ageless compassion passes through his eyes... He blinks away the shining tears forming over his blue and gold iris'..
"..
The place is here.. the time is now..
I know not how we are to accomplish this. Or why it must be us who descend... i'm only aware of What we must do.. and Where we must act.."

Sathren raises his hand.. Extending it into the silvery water of the pool.. " Great Dragon of the Stars.. Come to me.. I am here to fall with you. Through the eons and the ages.."

You watch as the silvery water coils around his hand.. twisting and wrapping up his forearm.. It starts to take material form.. Manifesting with a white flash.. you see the tip of a long silver dragons tail.. extend from the depths of the vortexing pool... The tail begins to twist higher up Sathrens' arm,, wrapping around his shoulders... A large booming voice pulses up from the water.... "Silver Soul... You will be reborn with the blessings of the stars upon you.. may you succeed in your divine destiny.. I hope that your ancestors will smile once again.." With another flash.. a bolt of neon lightning cracks above you from horizon to horizon. . Sathrensau the Silver Blooded turns to you once more "I hope to see you again.. It's good to have friends on the other side.." he says with a smile.. he then exhales deeply and dives headfirst into the pool.. Disappearing into the cosmic vortex.

A low vibration begins to build in the earth under your feet.. Racing up your heels and into your spine.. swirling higher into your skull.. you begin to float, effortlessly into the air.. silver tendrils begin to wrap around your feet.. In your mind's eye. you see the face of an ancient celestial Dragon.. Silvery and Shining with the dazzling mottling of a thousand stars.. in his eyes, dense clusters of rainbow galaxies, encircle his large black pupils.... "And you great soul... Will you pledge your heart to the womb of the planet Gaia? Will you be reborn?"

Plot
Heaven & Earth brings the Players Characters into the Planet Gaia. They are star seeds.. 'saviors' from alternate worlds and future dimensions.. Called to a cosmic dragon shrine in the stars.. It is here at the cosmic vortex portal, where the characters will fall from the heavens. Reborn on planet Gaia, with little memory of who they were before, but with a heart full of passion and vitality for the prevailing harmony and light of life... It is here that they will help temper the spirits of humanity, forging deep alliances and bonds. Will they succeed in extinguishing the black flames of the Soul Eating Wendigo? Or will the crownstone of Gaia. be consumed and madness befall all creatures of the world?

OODM
Players.. You will be starting at level 3! 27 point buy in.. D&D 5.0..

Your characters are the embodiment of your ancient and divine soul.. "Falling from the heavens.. you wake up in the crater of a falling star.. still shining with celestial fire." Please make your personas reflective of your truest divine archetype. . The scene with Sathrensau, as well as the quote about waking in the crater of a falling star are meant to be used as inspiration. To help 'channel your awesome divinity. Characters will be starting as established beings on planet Gaia.

Accepting 3-4 players.. Deadline closes August 22nd.

Dearest Applicants,

Thank you for you help in bringing The Crown-stone Of Gaia to the table.

I sincerely appreciate every single one of you.

Please let me know if you consider your application complete.

Additionally, with the deadline coming close.

I would like to pose the final prompt for your consideration,

Please respond from a place of stillness and clarity within.

(~*~)

Imagine a room. Of any shape, size, or conceivable dimension.
I'd like you to spend a couple moments there, breathing . . just contemplating a couple things..

What does the interior of the room feel like.. smell like, look like.. How did you get there?

Final Prompt^

Applications Closed

Acceptance Packages Arriving on August 26th!

CharacterRaceClassBackgroundSymbolismStatus 
 Cid’lihnEladrin: Autumn Elf Dream DruidFar TravelerWorld TreeComplete 
 Erasmus RunetideGnome (Rock)Diviner WizardSageThree StarsComplete 
 Baldric SullivanHumanFighter (1)/ Diviner (2)Diviner (Pyromancy)The Eye of Wyrd OrlogComplete 
 AsandroLizardfolkKensei MonkUrchinSymbol Of Eight Complete 
 Gabriel SilvaHuman (Variant)Divine Soul SorcererEntertainerSunComplete 
 GheshSilver DragonbornConquest PaladinMercenary VeteranSilver Dragon (Blue Background)Complete 
 Anka the CollectorShadar Kai Elf Nomad MysticFar TravelerCompassComplete 
 Breeze Through 'Hazel' Grove Tabaxi(Blade Pact)WarlockCourtier5 Claw PawComplete 
 KaiChangelingGrave Cleric Inheritor Scythe&Staff Complete 
 Dean DylanHumanBarbarian/MonkFolk Hero Ladybug Complete 

~Everyone~

WOW!

I'm having a lot of fantastic considerations regarding the group!

This is shaping up in a wonderful way, i am quite excited!

I need to inform everyone of my travel plans at the moment,

i will be out of reception from the 22nd to the evening of the 25th..

During this time, i will be attending the cosmic dragon shrine, and will commune with my own

guides. . I am planning to deliver 'acceptance packages' on the 26th,

There is a lot of (IRL) doings and going ons that need attending to.

This window will help me use quality time to make a well studied decision.

Best wishes and blessings to you all!

~Aoem

Application Good Luck! Have Fun! All Classes & Races are a Go!
Name:
Race:
Background:
Physical Description:
Bonds:
Ideals:
Flaws:
Archetypal Symbolism:
Extra Feat:

Last edited by Aoem; 08-22-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:52 PM
Prince of Avolition

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief
Asandro, Lizardfolk Kensei MonkName: Asandro
Race: Lizardfolk
Class: Way of the Kensei Monk 3
Background: Urchin

Physical Description:

Personality:

Personality Traits:
- I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
- I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.
Bonds: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Ideals: Change. The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down. Change is the nature of things.
Flaws: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I'm okay with that.
Archetypal Symbolism: Symbol of Eight
Extra Feat: Athletic (+1 DEX)

Last edited by ChiefDisbelief; 08-14-2019 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:42 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aoem Aoem
@Chief Disbelief. Nice app!

Regarding the Archetypal Symbolism..

This space is an opportunity for you to declare symbols.. That link to your character motivations and your backstory... This space is where you let me know what guiding archetypes and symbols that your character holds exceptionally dear.. It could be held and equipped. Or it could be a bit more austere. . Things that they revere as awesome and powerful guiding symbols .. Or it could be principles of living certain ways as well.. Think of it like a bonds section..

Last edited by Aoem; 08-13-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:37 PM
Starchild of Durin I

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1363
ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz
Whoa this sounds so cool! :O
"Please make your personas reflective of your truest divine archetype..."

Crownstone of GaiaDean Dylan
Human (Type 2)
Class: Barbarian~Monk

Background: Folk Hero (Legacy of D)
The Blood of Dylan goes back countless centuries, some say even to the First of all Dwarven Kind, known now only as Lord D. During the Second Age, the power of the Lord D would manifest in his descendants during times of great need, often in battle against Dragon Tyrants. During the Third Age, the Blood of Dylan was strangely silent, and would remain so until the modern century.

Perhaps with great cosmic threats on the horizon, and through the circumstances of fate, a new child was born who defied the natural order: Dominic Dylan, the first ever Dwelf, a union of Dwarven mother and Elven father. Thought to be genetically impossible, Dominic grew up into a courageous hero until a fateful encounter with a Vampire Lord where he was tragically defeated. The Blood of Dylan would continue in his human offspring, but the great power would only appear in every other generation to follow. Dominic's son, Daren, would live an honorable life, safely rearing his own child, Damien. Damien Dylan grew into a wealthy lord, awakening his Dwelf power and using it to destroy an evil order of druids. His daughters, Dolly and Delilah, would not inherit the power unfortunately, but the child of Dolly, a strapping boy named Dean, would become the next inheritor of the Dwelf power, now known within the family line as the Legacy of Dominic. Nearly dying in battle with the very same Vampire to kill Dominic Dylan, Dean would help in the final destruction of this hellspawn, knowing that his adventures had only just begun...

Physical Description*:
Dean Dylan is closer in height to a dwarf than the average human, with short, deceptively narrow legs,
a truly powerful torso, and massive arms and shoulders, creating a very top-heavy looking young man.
His hair is a swept mess, like a silky cloud of rich gold; his pale complexion offset by heavy eyebrows
and curiously green eyes for a human, as if an Elf may lurk in his ancestry. His expression is always serene.

Bonds: I wish my childhood sweetheart had come with me to pursue my destiny
"... But thank Heavens she's alright."
Ideals: Freedom. Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people.
"No one man should have all of that power!"
Flaws: Secretly, I believe that things would be better if I were a tyrant lording over the land.
"But on the other hand..."

Archetype/Symbols*: The Ladybug, a symbol of subtle power over and oneness with nature.
Starting Feats: Athlete, Magic Initiate

~*~
The sea.

Dean had never seen the sea like this. Sure, he had been to port towns, low to the ground, obscured by fog, typically the only remarkable thing about these places were local cuisine. But this was a view of the sea unlike any other.

The massive oak door was shut behind him so tightly it felt like part of the stone wall. The wall, the floor, and surrounding columns were all made of the same pale stone, a simple and elegant design hinting at thousands of years of forgotten history. A massive glasstop table sat in the center of this elongated space, and off to the side an open air bathtub and water pump.

Along the parallel edge to the wall, a series of columns held up a stone vestibule open to the sky, and a dark steel fence was the last barrier to the paradise beyond.

Visible for endless miles in either directiond, Dean could see the golden costline below, just far away enough that the humans were barely visible spots, moving in highly efficient waves. The land was perfectly rocky, and the salty scent of the air was was gentle, mitigated by nearby braziers leaving a mildly euphoric sensation. The sea shone with infinite color the longer he stared out into it. As if the sun were captured in every bubble, Dean felt he could identify every fish along the coast, from atop this observation point. The sky was frozen at a perfect angle for dusk to emit its shadows amongs the waning light.

Like discovering a location from a past life, Dean felt the same sense of nostalgic warmth whenever he encountered the Legacy of Dominic.

Last edited by ArcaneJazz; 08-20-2019 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:15 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aoem Aoem
@ArcaneJazz
Happy to hear that you’re excited!
I’ll be here to answer any questions.
Thanks
Old 08-13-2019, 07:48 PM
Tug of Warrior

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2182
Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18
Kai
Name:Kai
Race:Changeling
Class:Cleric (Grave)
Background: Inheritor, (Inheritance would be a Shepard's Crook (Quarterstaff reflavoured?))

Physical Description: Changeling: As a Changeling, Kai is a tall wispy male, with Ivory eyes and shoulder length Silver hair put into a ponytail. He wears his Master's robe and carries around his gilded Shepard's crook.

As Robert Frostbeard (Kai's former Master): Kai looks like an elderly Human, with a graying hair and beard, with a stumping back from the ravages of time and travels. He wears a long black hooded robe, lined with purple velvet trimming and an image of a Silver Sickle and Golden Staff crossing each other.
Bonds: My Staff is a reminder of the weight given to me from my Mentor, to comfort those that are suffering.
Ideals: Respect: Respect must be given to all, unless they have done something to lose it.
Flaws: I take my job seriously even if it puts me and those around me in danger.
Archetypal Symbolism: Sickle and Staff Crossed: The symbolism for each; Sickle: The passing of Time. When you are born you start fresh as the new leaves that form in Spring, before the heat and joyous deeds of your middle years burn like the Summer heat. Leading to a time for Harvest and sleep preparing for the endless Winter of the afterlife.
The Staff: Represents the leading of the lost souls to their Afterlife and making sure those that are dying are comforted as their last moments come to a close
Extra Feat: Observant (+1 Wis)

Writing PromptThe sky cracked with Lightning and thunder booming all around, forcing Kai into an abandoned temple, looking around the main room of the run down temple, Kai noticed the cracked stone walls with a high roof ceiling and ancient stain glass windows. Images of his past life with his former master and fellow clerics and priest came flooding back for a brief moment.

Kai smiled as he closed his eyes to mediate for a few hours as the dampness and mustiness of the old building fills his nostrils, bringing back memories of his past life as an orphan searching for a safe place out of the elements of nature. It brought back the moment that Robert Frostbeard first brought him in from the cemetary where his mother had been buried. Robert took him to the bathhouse to get clean and then the kitchen for his first real meal in months since the death of his mother. He took another deep breath relishing the scents of familiarity since coming to this new world, it took awhile to get used to the new sites and people, but they really were not that much different then the ones back home. Standing up, Kai decided to take a look around the old temple and find a place to settle down for the night, while staying out of the weather that was angrily lashing out at whoever was unfortunate enough to be caught out in it.

Last edited by Framm18; 08-22-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aoem Aoem
@Framm18

A changeling is absolutely allowed. . I would ask that you try your best to bring the changeling's eccentric traits into play. So that the party would always remember how awesome a changeling really is.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:07 AM
Prince of Avolition

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 152
ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief
Updated my app to include Archetypal Symbolism. I've never played a 5e game that strayed from the usual setting, but you seem like an ambitious DM who wants to provoke awesomeness from their players so i'm in. Just hope you don't have to lead me by the hand too much...:P
Old 08-14-2019, 04:38 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aoem Aoem
@ChiefDisbelief

Thanks for the update.

I'm sure you have all the awesomeness necessary!

Last edited by Aoem; 08-14-2019 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:25 PM
Tug of Warrior

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2182
Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18
Just a quick(?) question that will aid in the backstory. Are we the deities and came to Planet Gaia or are their already deities to follow?

Old 08-14-2019, 03:18 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aoem Aoem
@Framm18

Good Question!

Yes, there are already pantheons of deities, God's, Goddesses & demigods.

Although, because the PC's are divine incarnations of heroic and Timeless Souls. .

A character very well might be a reborn demigod..

So, depending on your own personal mythos and lore.. You might find shrines to demigods, and temples to deities that seem to call to the very same symbolism embodied by your character.. 'Past Life' connections and cosmic 'soul' family will be really strong..

Planet Gaia is wild and diverse, and all of the inhabitants are as well.. The traditions and customs of certain populations vary greatly. There is a lot of room to weave in your epic story!
Old 08-14-2019, 03:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aoem Aoem
All Players..

The scene with Sathrensau, as well as the quote about waking in the crater of a falling star are meant to be used as inspiration. To help 'channel your awesome divinity. Characters will be starting as established beings born onto planet Gaia.

I've updated the OP with this as well.. It can be found in the OODM section.

Thanks All!
Old 08-14-2019, 06:44 PM
Starchild of Durin I

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1363
ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz
Thank you! You had me at "Defending Cosmic Light" :P

Still trying to finalize the Might go barbarian/war cleric ;oclass build in my head, but I feel like playing a "Champion of Humanity" type character with a legendary ancestor.

Couple questions:
1. How's your posting rate, and what level do you want to take this game?
2. How do you feel about changing the aesthetic of classes, as long as the mechanics do not change?
3. What are the technology limits in this epic fantasy?
Old 08-14-2019, 08:20 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
So this is interesting! I'm trying to get into a 5e game but haven't had much experience with it.

[EDIT] Hey so I have my application below! I would appreciate any feedback to help improve my application/character design! I'm using HeroLab to build so I'm not entirely sure I'm doing it right since I don't know 5e very well at all.
Application-WIP
left-aligned image

Name:Erasmus Runetide
Race:Gnome (Rock)
Class:Wizard 3 (Diviner)
Background: Sage. Erasmus was raised by a Sphinx in a distant library-observatory. He was aware he would be summoned; it had been why the Androsphinx had adopted him, after all.
Physical Description: A lean gnomish man with Silvery hair that glitters with stars at night. He dresses comfortably in pants and a sleeveless shirt instead of any kind of robe. He wears a vest with sturdy boots and gloves which would indicate some kind of rugged profession, although the heavy books he has on his belt and his overly soft face tells he definitely is a travelling scholar of some sort.
He wears glasses to read, dons no other jewelry, and keeps his face shaven and his hair short to keep it from interfering with his work. This gives him a much more youthful appearance than his true age of nearly 16 decades. His voice is Baritone with an oddly exotic accent that stemmed from when he learned his first language.
Bonds:Life's Work: He has written a series of tomes expanding the field of Astronomy, his life's work has helped refine techniques in the field.
Ideals: Knowledge: Expanding your understanding of the universe is the true path to Self-Improvement.
Flaws:The Obvious: Obvious solutions are less appealing or visible to me than complex solutions.
Archetypal Symbolism: Three Stars, the Telescope, and a book bearing a moon upon the cover.
Extra Feat: War Caster

Last edited by Runetide; 08-15-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:59 PM
ArtistErrant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9005
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
Name: Gabriel Silva
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Sorcerer (Divine Soul)
Background: Entertainer
Physical Description: A diminutive man, 5'3" and scrawny, Gabriel has brown skin, golden eyes, and a messy mop of pale blonde hair. He wears a long tan coat with no left sleeve, dark brown breeches, and plain sandles. He wears two sets of stud earrings, and a complex array of accessories on his left arm--rings, bracelets, and beads, strung together by loose chains. Most of it is cheap costume jewelry, but the striped brown opal tucked against his palm is reasonably valuable.
Bonds: I can't stand to see people afraid
Ideals: Music is the greatest force in the world; the right song in the right moment is more powerful than any spell
Flaws: I find it very hard to think straight around attractive people
Archetypal Symbolism: Sun
Extra Feat: Spell Sniper
Room Prompt:

Questionnaire Prompt:

Last edited by Morathor; 08-21-2019 at 08:06 PM.