RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-27-2017, 09:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2075
Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad Spinrad
Posting interest - been watching this game advert for a while now and it seems like fun.

Character: Grolsch - gnome barbarian (link here ...i think...)
raised in a mixed-race barbarian tribe; through tragedy and misunderstanding believes himself disgraced and is in self-exile, seeking redemption through battle or honor. or battle.

took scout as a background but otherwise stayed pretty close to standard barbarian

Not much experience with 5e or PBP - joined the Crossing a few months ago and at the time wasn't sure what the pace of play was like so held off applying for this game. Currently running through a solo adventure in 5e.

Coming back to gaming after a loooong hiatus. Played 3e and TMNT (the paperback illustrated by the creators themselves) a lot back in the day before graduating to GURPS homebrews, Warhammer 40k, Shadowrun and anything else that was hot at the time.

Been itching for a consistent, well paced game and this seems like the ticket. Only thing that didn't really appeal to me at first was how combat-heavy it's described as; however, I like your justification, I'm looking for some action to get back into gaming and D&D is a combat system after all, and your enthusiasm for the campaign and numbers of adventurers sell it.

expected post rate - probably daily, sometimes/often multiple times/day, depending on the timing of posts. However, my JayOhBee IRL can sometimes have an erratic schedule, so there may be times I can't post as often.

Looking forward to getting into the dungeons. Just let me know if there's any tweaks I need to make to the character for the game.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 132
novahritan novahritan
Hello, I am applying and would like to jump in as soon as possible.

Ievos Valthana
Name: Ievos Valthana
Race: Wood elf
Class: Monk
Background: Outlander
Character sheet

What appeals to me: Fast-paced combat, character progression, loot. More action, less flowery writing.
Not appealing: Nothing.
Experience with 5e: Limited experience. I have watched videos of 5e games so I am relatively familiar with the mechanics, but never played a tabletop myself. Also currently finishing up the New Player Solo Adventure, but would like to start in Dungeon Diver anyway.
Expected post rate: 1 to several times a day. Less frequent on weekends.

Looking forward to joining the dungeon crawling!

Last edited by novahritan; 07-29-2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3919
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Bump. The "raid" event is strongly underway and we have two new applicants chomping at the bit to get going once more have joined the game - now is the perfect time to join!
Old 08-04-2017, 06:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 959
Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard
Alright all done! Take a look.

I do not strike with my hand; he who strikes with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I strike with my mind...I do not kill with my sword; he who kills with his sword has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.

Last edited by Kaneda Shepard; 08-04-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
There are currently a slew of new lvl 1 PCs (8 total) ready to set off on their first or second dungeon expedition. So, if you're reading this, now has never been a better time to join if your goal is getting into a crawl asap.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:25 AM
Blink and you'll miss it.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7898
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Shandri Morningvine
left-aligned image
Shandri Morningvine

Race, class, background, etc. Chondathan Human (Var.) Fighter

-A link to your completed character sheet. Shandri
-What about this game concept appeals to you? I'm applying for a Call of Cthulhu game, so this will be a nice balance. Plus, I know several people here and would love to game with them!
-Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you? Just a concern, really...that much more experienced players will be frustrated with me, since I'm not a power player and this is combat heavy.
-Any questions you might have? If nothing exists in a vacuum, how come I have to clean the bag out?
-Experience with 5e. About a month.
-Expected post rate. Several times per day, slightly slower on weekends.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 08-08-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
right-aligned image

Name: Goran
Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Cleric (Life Domain)
Background: Inheritor

Character Sheet

What about this game concept appeals to you? I would love to be part of a game where the posts fly fast and furiously (relatively speaking) and where the action moves at a brisk pace.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you? I'm a bit leery of the "hands off" DMing aspect of it. I attempted to join a game like that once in the past (different site), and found it hard to break into the cliques that had formed among the existing players.

Any questions you might have? Not at this time.

Experience with 5e: I'd say I'm at a journeyman level with 5e. Played in a few campaigns. Running a campaign.

Expected post rate: Daily or more.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Bump.

We're always happy to further swell our ranks of adventurers. We have some exciting new things coming down the pipeline as well: A new dungeon (especially good for fresh PCs as they won't have to go to a dungeon that's been half explored already) and a new homebrew reward system called "guilds" - both of which should be announced within the week.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:47 PM
O frabjous day!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 643
VoiceOfMan VoiceOfMan VoiceOfMan VoiceOfMan VoiceOfMan VoiceOfMan
Application
left-aligned image
Character: Voice

Race: Human Variant

Class: Wizard

Background: Custom (Medicine - Survival - Tinker's Tools - Alchemist's Supplies)

What about this game concept appeals to you? The fast pace is right up my alley.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you? Not at all.

Any questions you might have?
I'm chomping at the bit. When can I get started?

Experience with 5e: I've played many games of 2e. However, I can count the number of 5e games I've played on one hand. With that said, I'm quick on the uptake and I own the books.

Expected post rate
: I'd be willing to post 10 or more times per day.

Last edited by VoiceOfMan; 08-14-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:11 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 107
Raginmund Raginmund
Quick Query

Would the Krynn Minotaur from UA Waterborne Adventures be allowed? They have Labyrinthine Recall, can't get lost in a dungeon or maze.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sure! The only UA not allowed so far is the mystic, artificer and ambuscade ranger.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:25 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Raginmund Raginmund
Thanks for the answer. I'll post one for review here in a couple days.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:23 PM
Nutter Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1758
DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker DeJoker
Race : Human/Variant
Class : Cleric of Tymora (Trickery)
Background : Street Urchin
Completed Character Sheet
What about this game concept appeals to you?
Straight forward and simplistic
Is there anything about this game concept that does not necessarily appeal to you?
Cannot really play what you want to play
Experience with 5e
No real experience with 5e but extensive experience with D&D and a fast learner
Expected post rate
3+ per week or whatever the game warrants (maximum of 1-2 per day)
Old 08-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Raginmund Raginmund
Kithaz Stormgale

Kithaz Stormgale Link to sheet coming soon Sheet

Race: Minotaur

Class: Storm Sorcerer

(Storm Sorcerer and Minotaur come from UA Waterborne Adventures, and yet this is a dungeon campaign. Labyrinthine Recall is a great ability that would make mapping floors easier.)

Background: Sailor

What about this game concept appeals to you?

Speed of play and exploration and combat with many different kinds of monsters.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?

I enjoy RPing, but we can RP as adventurers with each other during missions. Actually, that's my favorite kind. Put this in the appeal answer.

Any questions you might have?

Just where I can post after character approval.

Experience with 5e

Some PBP on RPG Crossing. Also DMing for brother and nephews. An endless dungeon/Underdark type campaign.

Expected Post Rate

Multiple times a day for the next few weeks.

Last edited by Raginmund; 08-15-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old 08-25-2017, 03:33 PM
One Track Mind

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10164
Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
I find this concept immensely appealing. I shall jump start my brain and return once it warms up.