RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-19-2019, 11:30 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2960
Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers
Shades of the Dark Network

Game NameShades of the Dark Network
Game SystemDnD 3.5e Forgotten Realms
ThemeForgotten Realms
FlavourGood ol' Realms
Plot Summary
If wealthy merchants make the best patrons, this is an adventurer’s dream. You were introduced to Yazeth Cobb by an associate of yours, understanding that he was looking for adventurers. Yazeth told you the story of his son, Kerstol. Kerstol left home as a young man. He was trained as an expert shipbuilder, but seemed more interested in exploring the world than earning an honest living. Though Yazeth worried about his only son’s well-being, he knew the boy was intelligent and good-hearted.

Several days ago, however, Yazeth received a message from Kerstol that has the merchant worried.

Beloved Father,
I hope this letter finds you well. I know it has been over a year since we
parted under circumstances that were far from pleasant. My choice to
take to the sea as an explorer is one that I do not regret, and my skill
with ships and their repair have made me indispensible to my
companions. The sights I have seen!

But I write not to share my joyous adventures with you. Instead, I write
you to relay some distressing news. My travels have brought me to what is
left of the once-magnificent Zhentil Keep. My current ship is here taking
on supplies and getting some much-needed repairs. While the place has
gained a deserved reputation as a lair for the dangerous and the
debauched, I am completely safe.

However, while I spoke with some of the residents of Zhentil Keep, I
became aware that something dark might be stirring here. There is a
tavern on Warrior Street in the Common Quarter, part of what used to be
a barracks here. Creatures of shadow have been seen lurking in the area,
and locals believe that some kind of evil artifact is drawing them. An
old-timer claims that priests of Shar frequented this area in the past, and
they did powerful experiments here. I know that you worship the light,
and I thought you might know people who would be interested in
checking into these claims, in case the rumors of a shadowy power
growing here are true.

Please give my best to mother. I am, as I shall always be,
Your loving son,
Kerstol

Yazeth is concerned that his son might be in grave danger. However, as a worshipper of Amaunator, the possibility of evildoers recovering a relic of Shar reallyputs Yazeth on edge. The combination of Zhentil Keep, a den of rogues and villains, and an artifact of Shar –
the most treacherous of deities – has provoked Yazeth to invest some of his vast wealth into funding an expedition. Yazeth has asked you to locate his son, rescue the young man if he is in danger, and find out if there is any truth to the rumor of evil artifacts of Shar at Zhentil Keep. He paid for your passage and gave each of you a retainer of 100 gold pieces to investigate.

Applications
Looking for 4-5 characters of level 4. All 3.5 content is available for character creation. Standard wealth for level 4.

House Rules
Skills
-Spot and Listen Skills are combined into Percection
-Hide and Move Silently are combined into Stealth

Feats
-Each player gets a free regional feat at first level
- Will be using the Pathfinder Feat tax : http://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/

Last edited by Whispers; 07-23-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:51 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1188
Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode
Posting for interest. And to be "that guy" with a bunch of questions:
  • Assuming point buy, how many points?
  • Setting-wise, I see mention of a cleric of Amanautor. So I'm guessing we're in the 5E timeline (just using 3.5 rules)?
  • "Everything 3.5" allows for some really rich depth and complexity in terms of character options. But it also opens up a big bag of crazy. Any preferences on the general tier / power level / optimization of characters you'd prefer for your gaming experience?
  • Sort of following from the last one, I don't know anyone who plays or runs 3.5 without at least a modicum of house rules and adjustments. Any big ones you want to announce ahead of time?
Old 07-20-2019, 02:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2703
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
To add to Antipode's questions, what's the location where this Yazeth fellow is hiring the characters? I assume somewhere in the Sea of Fallen Stars region, but where? On which note, I appreciate someone running an FR campaign that is not set in the north west! (No offense intended, Antipode. )

Last edited by Mairien; 07-20-2019 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
Mason Mason Mason
It giving me a 'Pools of Radiance' vibe, which really takes me back in a good way!

With an open field of choices, my mind is starting to spin. A Water-Orc Warblade? An Elan Ardent? Maybe a Whisper Gnome Rogue/Wizard?
Old 07-21-2019, 05:48 PM
Celestial Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 931
Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel Angel
Applying:

Plamen Springs
right-aligned image

Name: Plamen Springs

Race: Human

Regional Feat: Otherworldly

Alignment: He used to be lawful during his formal training in the Carmendine Order, but time and the acumulation of knowledge have shown him that the strict, devoted life of a Monk can only lead to but a single of the world's miriad truths. He by no means ever failed in his training and did leave on his personal journey of enlightenment with a heavy heart, but he knew at that point, that he had outgrown the monestary.Chaotic Good

Devotion: Even if he never truly devoted his life to the teachings of the Carmendine Order, Plamen did gleam enough of the wisdom they had accumulated, to realize that Knowledge was one of the world's paths to ascension. Maybe not in the limited ways, that his fellow monks painstakingly scraped together knowledge and hoarded it, but perhaps in the boundless exploration of the misteries of the universe. For someone whith such an auspicious star, such as himself however, having a direction in life was all he ever needed.

Knowledge, his shining star, has never faild to guide his path true. Either as a pillar, or as a goal.
Knowledge

Class Build: Monk 1/ Spell-to-power Erudite 3

Party Role: Stand in the front lines and be able to live through it. Provide general utility, with scrying, buffing, At later levels.general reality warping and possibly healing. Never run out of resources. Deliver a beating with At high levels.colossal fists.

Appearance: When not transformed or buffed, Plamen still presents an impressive figure. He hight and his years of training apparent to anyone who beholds him. He keeps his hair and beard shaved, but it's clear that they carry a dark tone, which contrasts with his brown-greenish eyes. His gear looks plain at a glance, but each piece fits a purpose or a function. Even if at times those are simply to allow freedom of movement, or keep whatever is contained safe.

Personal Info
Goals:

Backstory:

Personality:

NOTICE: All events and opinions expressed in-character on this site are fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise simply made-up. They are intended for entertainment purposes only and any perceived relations to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and purely coincidental.

Last edited by Angel; 07-30-2019 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipode View Post
Posting for interest. And to be "that guy" with a bunch of questions:
  • Assuming point buy, how many points? 32 point buy or 4d6 drop the lowest, rerolling any 1's.
  • Setting-wise, I see mention of a cleric of Amanautor. So I'm guessing we're in the 5E timeline (just using 3.5 rules)? It is the month of Ches in the year 1486: The Year of the Nether Mountain Scrolls
  • "Everything 3.5" allows for some really rich depth and complexity in terms of character options. But it also opens up a big bag of crazy. Any preferences on the general tier / power level / optimization of characters you'd prefer for your gaming experience? Make interesting, useful characters. I am not concerned with power level, I will scale as needed.
  • Sort of following from the last one, I don't know anyone who plays or runs 3.5 without at least a modicum of house rules and adjustments. Any big ones you want to announce ahead of time? I do have a few house rules mostly around skills and feats. I will provide more details after I compile a list.

Last edited by Whispers; 07-22-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:34 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 484
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Hmm. Might be interesting. Been ages since I played a 3.5e game. I'll see what my brain-noise coughs up.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairien View Post
To add to Antipode's questions, what's the location where this Yazeth fellow is hiring the characters? I assume somewhere in the Sea of Fallen Stars region, but where? On which note, I appreciate someone running an FR campaign that is not set in the north west! (No offense intended, Antipode. )
Yareth Cobb calls Procampur home.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Posting interest. Let me know what you want in the applications and I will get right on it.
I'd like to get started by August 1st but will wait past that if I don't have enough interest.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:05 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hm, lets see how this works.

Hahahaha, oh my. That is funny.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 07-22-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 722
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
I wouldn’t roll in the advert thread Salmon. Considered bad form.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:15 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Oh heck, I'm sorry. I figured I'd need to roll to create a character sheet?

What's the right protocol?
Old 07-22-2019, 07:49 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8341
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Welp all 3.5 available, time to roll something absurd. Now comes the real question, to true name or not to truename? Ignore me while I come up with something appropriately fun.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
House Rules

Skills
-Spot and Listen Skills are combined into Percection
-Hide and Move Silently are combined into Stealth

Feats
-Each player gets a free regional feat at first level
- Will be using the Pathfinder Feat tax : http://michaeliantorno.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
Old 07-23-2019, 11:18 PM
Wandering Sage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2166
Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid Nomadic druid
posting interest and am quite familiar with 3.5....interested in a gnome bard?!?