RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-04-2019, 07:43 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 213
Olive Fontaine Olive Fontaine Olive Fontaine
Olive’s App

Name: Rikyū Sojun
Race: Dragonborn Human
Alignment: CG
Class: Dragonfire Adept 4
Regional Feat: Arcane Schooling
Party Role Battlefield Disruption, Know-it-all, Off-tank

Physical Description: Rikyū is a draconic humanoid with pale, curious scales. He is tall and somewhat threatening, although he is not so physically robust as many of his kind - favoring the slender side. He has a fearsome protruded jaw lined with spines and tipped with a sharp point. Two thick horns rise from his skull, one of which is broken off partway up, telling of some dire battle in his past. Silvery scars trace across his cheek on that side.

His scales slope under a fine set of silver armor which shines brilliantly. It’s luster is only partially impeded by a thick indigo travel coat which tends to be kept clean and tidy. Vicious black claws terminate his arms, although very close inspection would reveal his hands to be soft and almost manicured, like those of a woman.

Overall Rikyū’s appearance is rather frightening to the common person, but this is an illusion which is given away by the many small, contrary details. Chief among these are his glowing blue-white eyes, which often betray his cheerful attitude and his tendency towards laughter.

Personality: While it cannot be said that Rikyū is a man of a few words, he always tries to make his speech timely and appropriate. Around strangers, he tends to let his appearance do the talking for him until both parties are a little more comfortable, at which point he often offers a hearty laugh and celebratory cheers.

He is in truth a gentle and unfettered soul. Having left much of his past behind him, his life is an expression of the profound personal freedom he feels. His colleagues are sometimes surprised by his ability to deliver sage quips about life as a whole. He speaks with clarity and a greatly expanded vocabulary, betraying his years spent around books of learning and their keepers. Getting various reactions to this over the years, he has learned to be direct and honest in most cases, saving the flowery language for special moments so that it might have an additional impact.

Serious in everything and yet serious in nothing, Rikyū does not balk at the prospect of ending life when necessary. He has strong beliefs about individualism and the value of innocent life, however, and so when it comes to violence he always tries to be an agent of the greater good - at least according to his own best discernment of the situation. He doesn’t see death as an end, believing he has experienced it himself in his Draconic rebirth, and knows that the same fight which is won today will be fought again tomorrow with a renewed cast. He also knows that wanton evil must be met and destroyed by overwhelming force, or it will prevail over all. He always aims to be a balancing hand against the power of selfishness, greed, and savagery.

As a wanderer aloof from politics, he tends to side against powerful institutions and governments. He prefers the freedom of the individual to the security of the collective. Not fully comprehending the ultimate outcome of this, his discernment is less clear in these matters; this can cause him to make truly regrettable decisions that are difficult to undo. For him, this is only further evidence that the life of a free man is the only one worth living.

Background:

Character Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1976256

Last edited by Olive Fontaine; 08-08-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 974
TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98
Hi Whispers!! Might not remember me but we have been in a few games together years ago before I fell off the face of the planet!

Saw you ad and just wanted to say hi. Might come up with an app too!
Old 08-06-2019, 02:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2960
Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers
Hi Tpasq98! Of course I remember you. Nice to see you around. We have all fallen off from time to time.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
Mason Mason Mason
Character app is now finished.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers
Great Mason. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:50 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
SouloMischief SouloMischief
It looks like this game is still open to apps. Mark me interested. I'll have some time this evening to fill in the copious blanks I'm leaving now.
I respect the man who knows distinctly what he wishes. The greater part of all mischief in the world arises from the fact that men do not sufficiently understand their own aims. They have undertaken to build a tower, and spend no more labor on the foundation than would be necessary to erect a hut. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 08-08-2019, 11:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Look forward to seeing it
Old 08-08-2019, 12:23 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Whispers, I just finished up my application. If you have any feedback, or see anything that I could improve, please let me know!
Old 08-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
App complete minus a finished sheet.

Gentle Eykin
Name: "Gentle" Eykin
Race: Wood Elf
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Ranger2/ Druid 2
Regional Feat: Dauntless
Party Role: Scout, Utility, and Healer

Physical Description: Eykin appears to wear the forest as a cloak. He is covered in every kind of growing, living, flowering plant life that seems to have found purchase in his clothing. Taller, huskier, and unsylvan-like than any kind of elf, he is often mistaken for human or dwarven stock. Standing 5' 3" tall and weighing nearly 10 stone (140lbs), Eykin cuts an imposing figure among his own kind.

Personality: Eykin would be considered slow of thought among his elven kin. His unkempt appearance combined with his quietness and ponderous use of scant few words
gives many to believe he is rather dumb. However, his being so attuned to his natural surroundings has delivered to him an altered state of being. Calm like the still waters of woodland pools, steadfast as a deeply rooted oak, quiet like the barest breeze, and gentle like the flight of milkweed seeds seems to embody a wholly natural spirit.

Background: Having been considered quite ugly for one of the elven kin, Eykin was often teased for his awkward appearance. Nothing terrible but enough so that he felt like an outsider among all but his immediate family and friends. Driven to finding solace further into the deep forest, he would develop his affinity for the natural world. Eventually, Eykin would come to feel more at home beneath the shadowy boughs of Lethyr. In due course, he came to follow the Circle of Leth and undertook the responsibilities of a Nentyar hunter under the guidance of the Nentyarch. Within the forest, much strife could be found defending the borders against encroaching civilizations that did not respect the natural order. Loggers, settlements, and traders in exotic animals became his daily concerns. If he could not persuade these invaders to leave, then they would be forced. These raids often escalated into broader conflicts before the boundaries reestablished themselves. Never comfortable with but not completely averse to violence, Eykin found he was best suited to healing the injuries caused by these conflicts and often found himself nurturing new growth and caring for displaced animals. ,

Due to his hesitations towards bloodshed and his careful attentions paid to the forest, Eykin garnered the nickname, "Gentle". The Nentyar, though a militant protector of the forest, still gave Gentle Eykin great respect for all of his balancing efforts. During the fire of Flam gorge, Eykin earned great renown for his actions alerting unwary denizens to flee and eventually using a rock fall to change the course of Flam river and thus creating a desperately needed fire break. He was even hailed a hero in Telflamm for the ending of the blaze. A short lived scrap of glory that Eykin hardly noticed once he set about nurturing the scarred forest.

Now, Eykin finds himself on his most important journey yet. During an encroachment of poachers of the exotic animal trade type, an aviary of Nightingales was raided. Almost the entire watch was taken but for a few left to linger in sorrow at their loss. Eykin set out immediately to return his charges to their home. His travels brought him across the Easting Reach and further across the Earthspur mountains until he had ventured into high forests of Cormanthor. His trail had never been certain but for scant clues that led him to believe the destination he sought might be Zhentil Keep. Having heard of the merchant's troubles and seeking a safer way into the keep, Eykin decided that he might be better served with guides on this leg of his journey. And so, he pocketed the strange bits of stamped metal knowing that some valued these and that he would need to learn the use of them while in other realms.

Character Sheet: Gentle Eykin
I respect the man who knows distinctly what he wishes. The greater part of all mischief in the world arises from the fact that men do not sufficiently understand their own aims. They have undertaken to build a tower, and spend no more labor on the foundation than would be necessary to erect a hut. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by SouloMischief; 08-12-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm as done as needs be. I can finish the sheet if you are so generous as to choose my humble offering. Thanks for the game.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I will be deciding on our cast over sometime today or tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I'd like to invite the following characters to join the game.

"Gentle" Eykin - SouloMischief
Malakai - Mason
Zeyra - Nightshade
Plamen Springs - Angel

The game thread is here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18100

I will get some threads started later today.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Congrats! Thank you! Awesome!
Old 08-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Awh, darn. I have been excitedly checking this thread each day hoping for some feedback. Well, I wish you guys the best. I would still be willing to play if you decide to have a fifth!
Old 08-12-2019, 05:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7363
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Woot! Looking forward to it!