RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-25-2019, 08:28 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5050
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meschie View Post
Could I be an Ancient or Wyrm chromatic green dragon with a 20d6 cult of kobolds?

EDIT: there will be a BG, but the concept was so crazy...

Fear my swarms of vicious anklebiters, puny softflesh!
You can be an adult green dragon with 3 class levels. Ancients and wyrms have too many hd.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:56 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4750
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
1) 1 trait, and one more trait for a drawback.
2) Crafters get half price goods that are feat appropriate.
3) You start with a cohort and a larger initial pool of followers. In time they will join you in the planes, after all your plane starts empty, having a larger ivestment in early followers helps.
3. Sooo.. If we take Leadership we would then have 2 cohorts and Followers equal to those from the feat + 2d20? All of which would be back in the mortal realm?

Also, do we need to buy buildings if we want a temple or something in our Plane or does our home take whatever form best fits our Demigod?
Old 07-25-2019, 10:32 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
3. Sooo.. If we take Leadership we would then have 2 cohorts and Followers equal to those from the feat + 2d20? All of which would be back in the mortal realm?

Also, do we need to buy buildings if we want a temple or something in our Plane or does our home take whatever form best fits our Demigod?
I don't follow. You take the feat and get the cohort as always, but you get the amount of followers according to leadership score plus 20d6 of the amount.

As for buildings within your plane, you don't need to pay for any at the start, but your plane begins relatively small (40 cubes of 10 feet, rather than 20 from greater create demiplane) and will grow with your mythic rank. I don't have a solid grasp on how I will reward space increase yet. I believe I will tie it down to the amount of living or dead followers a god's faith has.

But at the core of your question, yes, Dal'maka can start with a free laboratory of horrors as long as none of the component pieces are enchanted in nature. No warships outfitted with +5 siege weaponry, sails and hull for free for our pirate gods out there.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:57 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Sorry about the misunderstanding. I thought the way you said it that we, without the feat, were starting with a cohort. That was my mistake.

As a note for the others it sounds like our Planes can have Traps provided we pay for them.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:38 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
OH! What about a preexisting temple or other holy site from when we were yet to ascend into demi-god-hood? Could we purchase such a place for our followers to congregate?
Old 07-25-2019, 11:43 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1359
Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor
Stealing Darkness's template, because it's good. I've got a concept, will delve more into it when I can!

Sadirael
left-aligned image
Sadirael, the Litany of Blood
Ifrit, Female, NE
Sorcerer 15 (Daemon Bloodline | Wishcrafter Archetype) / Rogue (Consigliere Archetype) 3 / Archmage (Tier 1)

Domain: Daemon (Evil Subdomain)
Future (Possible) Domains: Charm, Blood (War), Hatred (Destruction), Arson (Fire)

Legendary Item: Egognostic Phylactery (originally a Headband of Sealed Thoughts) [Adroit (Bluff) | Metamagician | Undetectable] - Sadirael generally calls this her Iconoclast's Crown, claiming it allows her to see the half-truths and hypocrisies of those around her with the unclouded eyes of an angel, a demon, or whatever sort of figure the person she's talking to would be awed by. She likes to call it her Secretkeeper, but she officially and privately maintains the name given to it by the one she had study it and the abilities that budded in it as he rose to some modicum of godhood. The piece is a complex, asymmetrical headchain of finely wrought bronze, primarily anchored in place with clasps designed specifically for her three horns and secondarily with a stray chain that hangs down on the left side and drapes to where it attaches even more securely than your average nath--to a black steel ring piercing her nose. In the back, chains hang only as low as her shoulders, each terminating in a small cage holding a teardrop of obsidian.

The truth of the thing is that its main purpose is to keep Sadirael's secrets in the realm of secrets. A whisperer is of no use if mere magic can pry loose her secrets. In time, however, it has manifested abilities appropriate to her foci as an individual and as a goddess--the ability to, on occasion, make a lie ring true off her tongue, as a daemon's descendant's lies should; the ability to empower her spells and make her a force to be feared when she appears on a blood-soaked battlefield, as is appropriate to a goddess draped in tales of war; and the ability to be not only invisible, but utterly unknown, as it sometimes necessary for a creature of subterfuge such as she.

Appearance

Looking at Sadirael, it's hard to play the guessing game as to what blood runs in her veins. Your average peasant is going to take one look and say "tiefling," or else "oh gods, save us!" The truth is complicated--she got hit heavy with the elemental side of her ifrit blood while simultaneously getting a heavy helping of daemon influence, the combination leading to charcoal-black skin, classic flame-red ifrit hair, and the orange slit-pupil eyes of a predator. Oh, and horns. 2.3 horns or so, two of which curve out into an, again, classic lyre shape, while the stubby supernumerary thing juts diagonally off to one side out of the top of her head, barely bothering to curve. One of the subtly strange things about the planar mishmash is that most humanoids exist in two tones at minimum, but no Sadirael. Lips, skin, the flesh of a wound? All black. Somehow, presumably with the use of magic, a ring of tattooed red-orange tattoo circles her left bicep, underlaid with simple, long, red hashmarks and a patch of similar flame crawls up her right cheek, for which the associated hashmarks run up from the bridge of her nose onto her forehead, disappearing into her hairline, gradually widening as they go.

Sadirael's garb changes only rarely. She wears a hodgepodge of religio-cultural signifiers of sorts, seeming to be more concerned with collecting cultures than honoring them. Her primary garment is a flowing white shoulderless garmet that one might guess is from one of the many Valosian, its primary structural components consisting of a central strip running up the center of the front and looping around the neck on either side to attach in the back, leaving a broad oval shape of straps sewn in an exotic material looking to be gilded thread or literal thread of gold adorned with a pattern of triangles, diamonds, and diagonal arches traditional in her tribe--the same sort of thick strap makes up the upper and lower hems of the garmet, which stretches to just above the knee. Her forearms are covered in bangles and bracelets of what might be Aryn origin, though primarily in gold with red accents to compliment both herself and her quasi-stola. Similarly chosen necklaces stack atop each other on her long neck in the tradition of another tribe altogether. A thick armlet of the same material sits on her right arm where the flame tattoo adorns her left--this is inlaid with a hefty spindle-shaped ruby laid flat. From some of the more obscure customs of the Shrouded Lands come the long white cloth ribbons she wraps around the bases of her horns and leaves to dangle nearly to the floor to either side, each painted with strange characters that the most erudite might recognize as Ignan, spelling out a demon binding spell. From who knows where (in truth, it's a Plane of Fire thing), a pair of shiny, steel plates in rounded-off rectangle shapes, each bearing a single obscure character--the larger, the character for "loyalty" and the smaller the character for "love." Last, but not least, as if an afterthought, a black leather cord has been wrapped a good ten times around the tip of her right horn and off of it dangles a pair of hawk feathers in another disparate tribal Valosian fashion.

Personality

For an ifrit, Sadirael is a slow burn, her flame tempered by the subtlety instilled in her by daemon's blood. Though she was more single-minded in her youth, she has now long chosen sides in conflicts impulsively, concocting a scheme and choosing which secrets, which promises, and which lies to whisper in a powerful someone's ear to get what she wants, all while promising her the wish-fulfilling power of her grand efreeti heritage. Of course, a true deceiver doesn't present themselves as a deceiver. Outwardly, Sadirael long presented the persona of a refugee from society, cursed and spat upon by each culture she visited until you--oh you--finally saw the value in her and took her in, where she could give you the wisdom gathered in her travels and pass on to you the gossip of the commoners. It was really the best bet she had, given her appearance. These days, with power in her grasp and a name that some do know well, she sometimes needn't rely on guile at all, but she still prefers to--she might just need to use some magic to take a different tack, or else take a trip to somewhere she's less known. Frequent relocation is undoubtedly key to Sadirael's happiness and, for some time, it was key to her survival. This history remains with her in a habit of looking to her next out, no matter how secure she may be in her current position.

That's the manipulator and the trickster in Sadirael. The whisperer and the betrayer. But nobody is *only* that. There's a part of Sadirael, no matter how villainous and despicable she may be, that genuinely enjoys getting to know each new mark, that relishes mapping out the topography of their personality and finding all of the little caves and valleys she can hook her talons into. The end result is almost invariably terrible for someone, even if it isn't always the one she's manipulating, but there's a real spark of affection there. She just grew up, unsurprisingly, a broken creature who made too much of a habit of using the skills that grew out of that fascination to shape the world to her ends to ever learn to coax that spark into a true flame of full-on friendship, love, or anything else lasting. It's an eight step waltz that she learned as five steps followed by a fall that could be planned to benefit oneself.

That said, every god, especially in their early days, is but a person. Sadirael isn't all grand schemes. On a daily basis, she has her small pleasures and pains. Her greatest small joy is pleasing others--that is, finding out what they value, even in a small way, and finding a way to get that to them, if only for the look on their face. Her fascination with war isn't all that different; the look of a son who has murdered his father on the field of battle is also something to behold. Beyond this, she enjoys a hedonistic life as a whole: feasts, fetes, and festivals, not to mention tournaments and the idle games nobles play. All of these things have a structure she can pluck at and warp to her will, to entertain herself. Also, cats. But who doesn't like cats?

What doesn't she like? Doldrums, for sure. She doesn't deal well with boredom, having always lived among the rich and powerful--the kinds of people who can do things or have things done at the flick of a wrist--the idea of sitting idle because there's simply nothing to do is dreadful to her. Hubris is also a big one for her. She's felled enough dynasties and foiled enough plans that anyone who deems themselves invulnerable or divinely ordained annoys her. Needless to say, this makes for a bit of a strain on her relationship with Kedrisael (see below for who Kedrisael is). A fan of battle though she is, and though she has a great love for the physicalities of battle and the dying gurgles of passionate young men and women who wanted nothing more than to see a better tomorrow for everyone, actually doing that part of it all has never been a favorite of hers. Make her so much as walk to the market when she hasn't the whim do so and she'll complain.

Last edited by Kyramor; 08-06-2019 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Total change of concept!
Old 07-26-2019, 12:15 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Sorry about the misunderstanding. I thought the way you said it that we, without the feat, were starting with a cohort. That was my mistake.

As a note for the others it sounds like our Planes can have Traps provided we pay for them.
You will fill your realm with traps? How evil are you-

Oh you meant like spike pitfalls or crushing blocks. Significantly less evil. :P

Yeah you can turn your plane into a dungeon complex if you wish. Cannot be made purely of expensive resources like mithral or adamantine.

I am also going to have to veto the temple/holy site idea. Your character was a legend on the mortal plane, unless they were really conceited, I doubt they would have built a shrine to themselves before their departure.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:48 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9380
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
I'm really curious to see how the realm-building/improving mechanic will be done

Also, changed my domain and I may or may not have also stolen Darkness' template...
Old 07-26-2019, 03:58 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleL1987 View Post
I'm really curious to see how the realm-building/improving mechanic will be done

Also, changed my domain and I may or may not have also stolen Darkness' template...
Well if you want to see it that badly...make a good app, get in the game and I will show you.

Steal what works for you.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:07 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9380
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
Well if you want to see it that badly...make a good app, get in the game and I will show you.

Steal what works for you.
Oh, I'm planning on trying my best to make a pretty good app...But there's a lot of stiff competition. Not that that's ever a bad thing
Old 07-26-2019, 05:03 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
You mention that the PCs' physical forms won't be able to enter the material plane. What about methods like Astral Projection?
Old 07-26-2019, 05:22 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
You mention that the PCs' physical forms won't be able to enter the material plane. What about methods like Astral Projection?
I will cover methods by which players can assert influence. But in this specific example, no, astral projection cannot move a deity from their plane into the material, nor can a deity be brought to and "stranded" there.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2703
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
Is there any more information about the setting and the countries in which the characters' mortal adventures might have taken place? Cultures, national characterstics, and the location of mortal lives seem relevant to building a follower base.

Last edited by Mairien; 07-26-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:56 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Sarparin, The Eternal Traveller

Race: Half-Elf.
Domain: You gain one domain as the cleric ability. Even if you are of a martial class you can use the domain abilities as a cleric of your character level and each of the spells granted 1/day as a spell-like ability.
Alignment: Neutral Good.
Class: Bloodrager Elemental (Air) Bloodline 18.
Mythic Class: You have 1 level in mythic tier

AppearanceSarparin finds joy in taking the form he was born into, that of a rather (well he thinks so,) handsome half-elf. His medium length black hair is just beginning to show streaks of grey, and he sports a short beard. He has prominent green eyes (his mom used to call him Emerald boy) that look distinctly sad even when he is smiling. He doesn't have such prominent ears as many other half elves, but they are pointed enough to leave no doubt in his heritage. He enjoys wearing sturdy travelling clothes, often with his favourite shirt, a red and yellow vest.

Legendary ItemLegendary Item: Your character starts with one minor artifact as of the mythic rules. This item must be of some importance to your character and their new godly domain. I.e. a god of artifice wielding a legendary forge hammer or a god of magic with a wand or staff.

PersonalityPersonality:

Background

Last edited by MurderInParidise; 07-26-2019 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:40 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Meschie
Name:Alik'Solakat Brik'Ngah, Big Folk Deathbringer
Race:Adult Chromatic Green Dragon

Domain:*You gain one domain as the cleric ability. Even if you are of a martial class you can use the domain abilities as a cleric of your character level and each of the spells granted 1/day as a spell-like ability.
Alignment:*Any
Class:*18 effective character levels. If you are a monstrous race, some of these levels will be spent on race levels.
Mythic Class:*You have 1 level in mythic tier
Appearance:*If you use a picture, please have a text description
Legendary Item:*Your character starts with one minor artifact as of*the mythic rules. This item must be of some importance to your character and their new godly domain. I.e. a god of artifice wielding a legendary forge hammer or a god of magic with a wand or staff.
Personality:
Background:*Aught to be long and telling about your mortal adventures and what fate allowed your character to enter the planes to traverse there up until ascension.

Last edited by Meschie; 07-26-2019 at 10:42 AM.