twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-26-2019, 10:43 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Meschie
Gold is 530k; since my dragon has class levels, does he get 25 point buy+dragon stats, or does he use the base dragon statz?
Old 07-26-2019, 12:52 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1951
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
I'm wondering whether there is any guidance or criteria regarding the domains? I ask only because given the presence of existing full deities and the player's being Demi-gods, it would make more sense that we have to choose from subdomains rather than full domains. Or something along those lines.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:56 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1359
Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor Kyramor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oghain View Post
I'm wondering whether there is any guidance or criteria regarding the domains? I ask only because given the presence of existing full deities and the player's being Demi-gods, it would make more sense that we have to choose from subdomains rather than full domains. Or something along those lines.
I’m working under the assumption that the phrase “new pantheon” in the title suggests replacement, so nothing is “taken.”
Old 07-26-2019, 12:58 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4750
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Soooo Vaerdis... I was just going through creation and noticed something that might break your game a little depending on how believers/followers work. As you mentioned before we can take Leadership to gain a Cohort and Followers but such people would be on the mortal Plane and be similar to the initial 2d20 believers we start with. This way if we wish to start with a larger base of believers we can do so. The problem is with two magical items that might make this a little unbalanced.

The first is the Diadem of Inspiring Rule which provides a +3 to your Leadership score. Not too unbalanced but still a sizable boost to our Leadership scores.

The second however, the Ring of the Ecclesiarch might be a little different. See, among other abilities that are not too overpowered the ring also DOUBLES your Followers from Leadership AND provides them a +4 vs enchantments for the zealot zeal to the wearer. Although narratively the ring sounds like something a God would have this could allow someone to potentially start with 270 lv.1, 26 lv.2, 14 lv.3, 8 lv.4, 4 lv.5, and 4 lv.6 Followers. That's a total of 327+2d20 believers at game start. That's not including Classes that might provide additional doubling of followers.

So the question is, are those items allowed? The Diadem of Inspiring Rule isn't too bad but when combined with other bonuses to Max your leadership and then added to the Ring it could be potentially be unbalancing; especially if our mythic tier is directly related to our number of Believers.

------------

I was also wondering if there were any low CR Monsterous Humanoids in the game world that Doc could claim to have a hand in creating. Technically I could just place the Fleshwarped template on a normal creature and claim that to be a 'new race' but I was hoping to do something simpler if possible. Doc's powerset, both with Fleshwarping and the combo of Awaken and Anthropomorphic Animal permanency gives credence to Doc having created a race but I wanted to check all the same so as not to step on toes this early in your decision process.

Mongrelmen seem to be one possible ideal, given their ability to breed with nearly anything in attempts to develop hardier offspring, something which Doc would have been very interested in experimenting with. It could even be said that most Mongrelmen have shunned the evil ways of their creator, wishing to only live in peace on the fringes of society. This coincides with the description of Mongrelmen but maybe some still hold loyalty to their creator, Dal'maka, forming hidden cults where they continue to crossbreed with others in an attempt to seek the perfect being which Doc wishes to create. Their normally docile nature also makes sense if Doc bred them that way to make the easier to control.

What do you think?

Last edited by taleteller50; 07-26-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2960
Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers
Vaalin the Vagabond

Vaalin the Vagabond

Name: Vaalin the Vagabond
Race: Human
Domain: Arcane
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Universalist Wizard 8 / Mage of the Third Eye 10
Mythic Class: Archmage
Appearance: WIP
Legendary Item: Rod of Spell Sundering
Personality: WIP
Background: WIP

Last edited by Whispers; 07-26-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:20 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5050
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
@Taleteller50, that sounds no less broken than a character build burning money and feats for AC or taking item creation feats to reduce the cost of obtaining magic items. If you wish to have a diadem of inspiring rule and a ring of the ecclesiarch, go ahead. 300+ followers means you have an entire village worth of believers.

I think it is a bit late in the game for new races to be born, and by a mostly mortal person at that. I say we can have third parties defining Doc's monstrosities as a new form of creature.

@meschie, taking info from here it appears that the racial mods for a green dragon are +2 strength, +4 dex and +2 con. The change from small to huge gives +8 strength, -4 dex and +4 con as a size bonus. Still trying to figure out how natural ac gets from A to B with dragons.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:56 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4750
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
So Fleshwarped preexisting races it is then. On note on Cohorts and Followers, would you like us to give a write-up on them? Obviously if the Cohort is working with us directly in our Plane they need to be stated but do the followers? Is a brief description of the more powerful (Lv.4-6) followers ok or do you plan on just lumping all followers into one giant lump sum regardless of level?

Last edited by taleteller50; 07-26-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:29 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
@Taleteller50, Cohorts, yes, they should be, at the very least, included into the background. For followers, simply be general about what type of person followed you and from what region.

@all, yes some world information is coming soon. However that will mainly help with cultural and demographic backgrounds. I won't go in too deep to each nation's details.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:34 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9687
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
First, your ad had me inspired for at least three different concepts and I may actually(if I have the time) make an application for more than one. Thus the following are not necessarily for the same character.

Questions:
  • Alignment: Any restrictions(two of my three primary concepts do fall into the darker spectrum), or is it our goals that matter more?
  • Prestigious Spellcaster, link: this feat, which does require another feat, when first taken allows a character to regain a level of spellcasting(not just caster level) from a PrC that continue spellcasting but has levels with it missing. However taking the feat additional times only improves caster level. Any chances for a houserule to make subsequent takings like the first? Relevance of question: One of my concepts is a Dragon Disciple, a PrC with three missing spellcasting levels.
  • How's is the half CR increase level reduction determined regarding odd numbered templates? Round up or Round Down?
  • One of the other concepts is a Mystic Theurge, would you allow them to continue taking levels in MT past 10? No further class abilities, just the BAB saves and casting. If not that's fine, but felt it wouldn't hurt to ask.

There will no doubt be others as I Think of them

Last edited by Yuul; 07-26-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Why is the number of starting followers random? IMHO, being deterministic would be much fairer.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:53 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
I personally like the bit of randomness. If one ends up on the shorter end of the spectrum, it could be seen as another challenge to both overcome and role play.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:50 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
@Yuul, alignment restrictions for games are heresy. Only alignment restrictions one must abide are for class alone. I would interpret that feat as givingyou caster levels for the purposes of spells per day regardless. Round up on templates. I am going to set mystic theurge at its 10-level hardcap, getting up to 7th level spellcasting in a divine and an arcane class at once is pretty powerful for 10 level advancement.

@Kaiya, you aren't even aware of a hard mechanical benefit based upon the amount of followers one has. For all you need to be aware of at this time is the story relevence. Those are the amount of people that live while revering your pre-godly name.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:58 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
Appreciate the response, and I do agree on all of it(and they do match my own rulings, even the MT answer) but DM preferences and allowances vary, and if the player doesn't at least ask than the only person at fault is themselves.

Gonna start picture hunting, but one more question.
  • Would you allow the Daywalker spell to protect a Vampire? Strictly speaking a vampire's weakness is specified as 'Weakness to Sunlight' and isn't listed, but it seems like it would fall under the intentions of the spell.

Last edited by Yuul; 07-26-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
@Yuul, that or Protective Penumbra works.
Old 07-26-2019, 05:59 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 484
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Would you like to see sheets as part of applications, if available, or is that way too much details?