RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-28-2019, 12:11 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5050
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
I don't think the twin is supposed to provide actions on its own, and I would like to relegate specific mechanical interactions to the game itself...however I will allow that discovery, in addition to its listed options to prove aid another actions.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:18 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4750
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Sorry for asking about the mechanics, it's just that this particular mechanic affects the character's physical description if it were taken and I was just seeing if it would fit. Once again, sorry for bothering you about it but thank you for the answer.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:19 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9687
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
I've got three separate concepts I'm working off and on between in my CS private thread, support the community by the way, and while I like all of them concept wise, right now I am just attempting to think out their goals. Some are clearer than others. I know it was listed under the areas of importance in the OP.

Will post the apps in this thread as I finish them, but will keep them in the same post under spoilers to avoid App spam should I complete more than one.

Last edited by Yuul; 07-28-2019 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:28 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7823
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
What happened to the old gods?
Old 07-28-2019, 05:43 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
They still exist, the title isn't meant to say that the cast of PCs are replacing the gods, they are simply becoming gods at the same time, their own little pantheon.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:47 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7823
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Do you have info out on the preexisting gods?
Old 07-28-2019, 11:11 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghnuis View Post
Do you have info out on the preexisting gods?
In the opening post
Old 07-29-2019, 12:51 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Are there particular ways that the characters would have become Demi-gods in your world? Ordained by an existing God? Special Ritual? Sacrifice of a 1000 virgins? Special Artifact? I believe it was implied that we could decide that fact ourselves but I also wanted to make sure.

Also, if we have a Cohort, who will be in our realm at start, did they die and exist in our realm as a spirit? Are they suppose to be an Outsider from another realm?

Last edited by taleteller50; 07-29-2019 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:54 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Are there particular ways that the characters would have become Demi-gods in your world? Ordained by an existing God? Special Ritual? Sacrifice of a 1000 virgins? Special Artifact?
Yes.

PS, I refuse to be specific on the matter. The peoples deem someone to be god-like and they eventually obtain demi-godhood.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:39 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
And the Question about the Cohort?
Old 07-29-2019, 03:49 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
The cohort follows the same race rules as the player. They can be an outsider or a mortal. They have mostly survived what I would like to call 'extraplanar corruption' by proximity to the PC. They could have died and joined with the PC when they come to claim their plane, but they will exist as they had before, instead of being a petitioner, imagine them more like a heroic spirit in valhalla, maintaining all skills and knowledge of their life to help with the maintaining of the realm. Of course if a player doesn't want their cohort to make it to that point, with appropriate leadership I can fix up an npc outsider that will help your deity manage their domain.

To all other questioners, sorry I haven't given the Ardein world information a big update as of yet, had a busy weekend and only the time for quick update posts.

Last edited by Vaerdis; 07-29-2019 at 03:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Siegred is complete. Not sure how they achieve their demigod status, but I added a bunch of plane hopping and Siegred landing the death blow on an ancient dragon to take that into account. The background is a bit vague about times and locations but I tried to make it a fun story at least.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:32 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
Application Complete!

Alopex Teumesios, The Fox
Alopex Teumesios
The Fox
???, Chaotic Neutral
Rogue 1/Wizard 7/Arcane Trickster 10|Trickster (Tier 1)

Domain: Luck
Future Domains: Darkness(Night), Travel (Exploration), Trickery (Thievery)
Legendary Item: Night's Own Guise(body(hooded robe)slot, base item TBD if accepted)

Appearance
The Fox, when he even allows himself to be seen, is rarely more than a vague cloaked persona with a face shrouded in an unnatural level of tenebrous gloom. Even body proportions are sketchy, with most supposed witnesses giving varying descriptions, some of which so wildly off from one another as to be comically so. The rare individual who admits to seeing the Fox without his hood often has difficulty with recalling specifics, and every single one describes an entirely different individual. An old orc man, a young half elf boy, a drow woman. Indeed even despite the assumed masculinity of the Fox's name there have been enough claimants of seeing someone rather feminine that his/her/their gender is somewhat up in the air. This gives some reason to the hypothesis of the Fox being paranoid, but others instead debate it to be his own joke on the world. Either way, the one thing most will agree on is that whatever you are seeing is what he wants you to see.

Personality
Alopex Teumesios, the Fox, is something of a thrill seeker. Even as a mortal, his accumulated illicitly gained wealth swiftly surpassed any actual need he had for coin. It may indeed have been the reason he started, though this much is uncertain, but it very quickly ceased to function as a motivation. By the time he was making a name for himself with thieving rare and valuable items and leaving simple iron tokens imprinted with the visage of a fox or retrieving long forgotten relics locked in some ancient catacomb it was entirely for the challenge, the thrill, and the desire to prove that he could. Those that have actually conversed with him and known who they were talking to know have experienced a rather playful and mischievous personality. Oddly, those same people, even after quite wisely checking themselves and their possessions after, never find anything to be missing. A few do however find something to have been added however.

Background

Religion:

Last edited by Yuul; 08-08-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:37 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1880
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
@Vaerdis, I should be finished with my app pretty soon. I should have enough if you would be willing to give some feedback. I'll be working on grammar and phrasing along the way.

I'd like to extend this to anyone interested, I'm a writer in my spare time and am happy to receive all constructive feedback. Additionally if anyone would like feedback from me, feel free to ask.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:58 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
Will probably take you up on that when I'm done

When the time comes I'll also return the favor.