twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 04:50 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5668
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
For those who've moved to WIP to completed I see you and will get you updated on the list tonight
Ran out of time and have to head home now. Loving the characters I'm seeing though
Old 07-30-2019, 05:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 248
routzong routzong routzong
Definitely applying...

Current character thought is a Halfling, Sorcerer, Haunted One, struggling to control and find the reason / source of his powers.

More to come and open to other ideas as I read through the other posts and discussions.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:57 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 273
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
I'm going to say that Roger is finished. This will be my first sorcerer, and I figured I'd have a little fun with this one

😤I have taken the Oath of Sangus😤
Old 07-30-2019, 06:41 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4627
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Application Complete!

Character Application
right-aligned image

Name: Markin Sebinos
Race: Tabaxi
Class: Paladin of Ilmater (Crown)
Background: Courtier
Ideal: "I wish to shift power from The Lords of Waterdeep to The Council."
Bond: "Change is necessary in order people and society to grow and improve."
Flaw: "Let me do the talking. I worked with politicians and public speakers so I know just what to say."
Personality: Markin could be described as an old soul. His speech feels straight from weathered tomes and sagely scholars, old world manners, and values his privacy. Among strangers his antiquated mannerisms comes off as charming more often than not, supported by always having an insightful word to share or keen observation to make. Such words can cause tempers to flare and should a fight break out the Tabaxi handles himself with aplomb. Frustratingly measured and light on his feet, simply causing his opponents to wear themselves out before engaging in discussion once more to resolve the situation. Slow to anger yet quick to calm Markin can come across as arrogant in his speech to prevent conflict from breaking out, ironically leading to arguments or even full-on fights. Despite his feline features and light-footed nature inherent to Tabaxi, Markin makes himself known by being unrelenting and steadfast in any undertaking he's a part of.
Backstory: Born as the only son of a professional chef and a skilled shipwright, and raised in Waterdeep all his life, Markin embedded himself in the world of politics. He was very aware of the Lords of Waterdeep and hated their function as far as governing the city was concerned. A ruling body that operated entirely in secret was not how things should be done! HE wanted to effect change, to install a more open Council of people, from each major district of Waterdeep, and have the Lords serving as advisers. Such a radical shift wouldn't happen on his own however. This Tabaxi was not stupid; He would need allies, funding, and the knowledge to tackle these shadowy figures and uproot their power over the city. And thus he started his first job learning the ins and outs of his city's government, attending speeches by local politicians, and trying to keep notes on the Lords themselves. Or at least those with ties to them.

However he kept hitting walls in his task. Information rapidly dried up, his few contacts either left the city or wanted nothing to do with him, and he even lost his job as a courtier. Despondent, frustrated, and at his wit's end after trying to build his list back up, he visited a temple. He didn't notice which one, just the one that grabbed his attention. He placed his last gold in the coffer and prayed. He wasn't sure how long he knelt there, but Markus was given a vision. Clear as day he entered a set of dimly lit chambers with robed and helmed figures all gathered around a table. They all looked towards the door, staring at the Tabaxi brazenly standing there.

They all stood. And bowed before him.

Coming crashing back to reality he was breathless, dizzy, and in awe. Was it truly a vision? He had never had such a clear dream in all his life! More like a memory he was seeing than any dream. Inspired by the very gods themselves to follow his path Markus told his parents about his vision and got them to agree to help. He found work alongside his father, Jacoby, mending ships for traveling coin, as well as scrubbing pots at Saerun's, his mother, restaurant The See-Food Galley. With enough coin to secure weapons, armor, equipment, rations from home, and a few other odd items, he bade his parents so long and caught a wagon out of town bound for the town of Nightstone. Much of the gossip in The See-Food Galley as well as the docks was that the town had gone quiet in the last few days and no word had been sent to see why. Markus felt a straight-forward recon mission was a good start for him to cut his teeth on and start establishing himself as a capable adventurer!

RP Sample: A Dream of Better Days
Why Do You Create?

Last edited by Tyeal; 08-08-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:58 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2374
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Retry, I think I'm finished with Koe!

Let me know if I need to change anything or if you have questions!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 07-31-2019, 12:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2076
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier

Last edited by Starflier; 08-08-2019 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2336
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
The Iron Earl
right-aligned image
Name: Estorio Cassalanter
Race: High Elf
Class: Artificer
Background: Noble
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: It takes a certain ruthlessness to survive as an outsider in the halls of nobles. An adolescent yet by the elves' measure, the Iron Earl (as the peasantry has been known to call him) has made himself a fixture of Waterdeep's courts. A promising member of the nobles' new guard, some would say. Heartless and hungry, others. Clever by all accounts and ruthless when he needs to be, Estorio is known for being an ambitious and competent, if new, player in the nobles' games of power. An intense love of luxury dogs his steps and his thirst for power has attracted the attention, good and bad, of far more powerful nobles.
  • Ideal: Influence. To be able to reshape the world to my whim and fancy. Now that is power, no?
  • Bond: House Cassalanter. I still feel some connection to my birth place, but my true loyalties now lie only with myself and House Cassalanter.
  • Flaw: Ambition. I won't apologize for what I've done in the name of progress. If I've make enemies on the way to the highest highs? So be it.

Backstory:
  • Early Years

The last open conflict to occur between the elves of Ardeep Forest and Nightstone happened nearly thirty years ago. It was a brutal conflict that was ended swiftly when the human forces performed a raid that ended with the successful assassination of a powerful elven noble and the kidnapping of a handful of minor noble offspring. A treaty was signed and a shaky peace was resumed. Most of the elven children were returned, but two were held as hostages and political prisoners - Estorio and his brother, Gaeroma. In a show of their good faith, the Lords of Waterdeep sent the hostages to live with nobel Houses. Estorio was sent to lives with the disgraced Cassalanters, once a powerful House of bankers and rumor-mongers that were still paying for their past sins. Gaeroma was taken in by the Tespers, a cruel and unbending military focused family.

Estorio and his brother were seen as the enemy by most of the nobility and an embarrassment to their various families. Estorio learned to thrive within the viper's nest. Aided by a surprisingly strong relationship with his adopted father and family patriarch, Virgil Cassalanter, Estorio pursued the study of magical engineering and learned the secrets to surviving the court. Gaeroma suffered under the harsh hand of his family - his nature did not allow him to adapt as his brother had. Eventually Gaeroma was disavowed and presumably killed by the Tespers when it was revealed that he had disgraced his family even more and bore a child out of wedlock.

• Current Day

Estorio has made some small name for himself as a skilled artificer and magic device hunter, but his family name is in ruins. The risky bets of his step-father, Virgil Cassalanter have failed to bear fruit and a conspiracy among their enemies has left the Cassalanter's a mere fraction of the family's former wealth and status. Estorio's own status and safety dwindles by the day. He has made enemies...and the sharks have begun circling them all. Now is the time for radical and bold action. Now is the time to seize opportunity. The last of the Iron Earl's favors have been called in to gain an audience with Valrosa Nandar, the Waterhavian nobel desperate to bring peace between the her charge, the city of Nightstone, and their northerly neighbors - the one who achieves such a feat would no doubt receive her undying favor and renown that even their fellow nobles would have to respect.
OOCI have not played SKT before, but I've heard great things about the module.

Sample post: Here

Last edited by Vislands; 08-08-2019 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 08:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 248
routzong routzong routzong
Jayfice Littlefoot Application
left-aligned image
Name: Jayfice Littlefoot
Race: Halfling
Class: Sorcerer
Alignment: Lawful Good
Appearance: Bushy medium length length hair and hazel eyes, Jayfice is largish for a halfling. Ragged, dirty tunic and pants that used to be brightly colored and well pressed.
Background: Haunted One - You are haunted by something so terrible that you dare not speak of it. You’ve tried to bury it and run away from it, to no avail. Whatever this thing is that haunts you can’t be slain with a sword or banished with a spell. It might come to you as a shadow on the wall, a bloodcurdling nightmare, a memory that refuses to die, or a demonic whisper in the dark. The burden has taken its toll, isolating you from most people and making you question your sanity. You must find a way to overcome it before it destroys you.

Personality:
Jayfice is kind and personable, he loves to laugh and enjoys nothing more than the company of others. However, he has a dark, troubled side. Strange nightmares and uncontrollable magic have forced him to live a life of isolation and caution around others.
Traits:
I don’t talk about the thing that torments me.
I’d rather not burden others with my curse.
Ideal:
I’ll stop the spirits that haunt me or die trying. (Any)
Bond:
My torment drove away the person I love. I strive to win back the love I’ve lost.
Flaw:
I talk to spirits that no one else can see.

Backstory:
Jayfice lived a lovely childhood in his shire in the Neverwinter Wood. He lived a typical halfling life, simple. Working hard when required, but valuing a noisy meal with friends and family and a quiet sit on the porch occasionally. However, as he approached adulthood, he began to have nightmares. At first only occasionally and only making him uneasy, waking up drenched in sweat. But the nightmares increased in both frequency and severity. Flashes of fire, terrible roars and visions of bodies torn to pieces and burning flooded his sleeping mind. Until one night...

During a particularly violent nightmare, Jayfice's mother entered the room he shared with his 4 other siblings and grabbed both shoulders to shake him out of his nightmare. He awoke suddenly to a horrific roar and terrible heat. As his eyes opened he saw the silhouette of his mother, smashed limply against the wall, engulfed in terrible roaring flames. "Noooooo!" he screams as he realizes the other screams he hears are not his or his mother, but his brothers and sisters, trapped... a raging inferno between them and the window and door.

"Hurry!!! To the door!" he screamed at his roommates as he turned to the door himself. No sooner than he made a step in that direction, than the roof above gave way, trapping them all. Realizing he was the source of the flames, destroyed by this thought, he slumped to the floor, surrounded by the sounds of anguished screams and eventually the frantic pounding and yelling of his father trying to break his way into the room from the other side. [I]I deserve this painful death!!![/Y] Jayfice thought as he waiting for the flames to end him. But something was wrong, as the flames licked around him, he as hot, but never really burned. Glancing down he noticed, barely visible in the light of the roaring fire, what appear to be translucent, crimson colored scales...

A few minutes later his father, Errich, finally break through the door and is immediately stopped by the flames and the terrible sight before him. Seeing Jayfice somehow still alive in those flames he screams." Boy! Stay right there, I'm coming to get you." Jayfice screamed back "Don't bother! Save yourself." In just a few minutes, Errich's foot cam crashing through the outside wall close to Jayfice. After a few more bursts of paternal strength, Errich was dragging his boy from the flames, his hands strangely burning from contact with Jayfice's skin.

"Are you OK?" Jayfice's father asked. Without a response Jayfice stood up and started running. He ran for nearly a day before collapsing, lost and alone in the woods. His life would never be the same...

Other Info
I have not played nor read anything about Storm Kings Thunder

Link to example posting: Example post from NPSG

Last edited by routzong; 07-31-2019 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Updated to correct Background
Old 07-31-2019, 11:11 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
I believe I have the applicant table properly updated now. If I missed something please let me know

Old 07-31-2019, 01:06 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Davloat Davloat
Name: Kallon Seph
Race: Half-orc
Class: Knowledge Cleric
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Sage

Appearance: Kallon has short, closely-cropped black hair and a dull green skin tone. He is short, with an athletic but not muscular build. His eyes are a dark brown, and his orcish tusks barely show when he smiles. He has a small scar just under his chin.

Personality traits:

1.) Kallon will watch over his friends like a hawk, and fears for the people he cares for more than he fears for himself.

2.) Kallon enjoys company, and fears being alone, he enjoys being around other people he is comfortable with.

Bonds: My friends are my second family.

Ideals: Learning is our only way to advance truly.

Flaw: I place too much stake in knowledge, and am captivated by the promise of it.

Backstory: Kallon was never the victim of outward abuse or bullying, but he always felt he was followed by whispers and sneers for being a half-orc. He tried, and tries not to let it bother him.

From the time he could read, Kallon was captured by books, reading whenever he could, and learning to tell and write stories himself, as he grew, he gradually moved away from fictional stories and folklore, beginning to learn religious lore, arcane law, the function of various plants, and any other knowledge he could get his hands on. He ended up spending most of his childhood at home, or in the small library in his hometown, becoming friends with the priests and priestesses of Ioun who kept the library, and learning the worship of Ioun.

By the time Kallon was 18, and ready to become a Cleric, his mother fell suddenly ill, and died within days.

He dedicated the next year of his life to study, before the library was destroyed in a storm. Kallon's ties were cut, and his funds were limited, so he set off from his home village, in hopes of gaining coin, and eventually building a place of learning of his own.

RP sample:
The rain bared down on the windows and sagging wood of the old library, and Kallon paused to listen, a short break as he combed a finger through his pack. Running low on supplies, again. His face fell slightly, he wanted to help people, it was just difficult when you couldn't get everything you needed on time. "You really shouldn't exert yourself for some time, friend, I can't heal everything!" The half-orc chuckled, putting on a facade of a smile and wrapping a thick bandage around the heavy dwarven arm. The gash was nasty, possibly the worst Kallon had ever dealt with, it had made him grimace when he saw it, but grimacing wouldn't heal the wound, and the dwarf had been losing blood. He muttered a low prayer, and gently rubbed a thick salve over his palm. "This should do it, and I'll do another in the morning to set you right for good." He laced the subtle hand movements of the spell as he dragged the hand up the arm, coating the bandage in the grey paste, and passing the divine energy into the wound.

The half-orc tapped the dwarf's hand gently "can't keep outta trouble, can you old friend?" He chuckled gently and stepped away from the bed. "Be careful, I can't keep patching you up forever." Kallon stepped outside of the room, he had learned that sleep was often a powerful medicine, and felt that his patient needed it. He stared blankly toward the large doors of the library. The adventurers came in every month or so, they knew they could rely on the library for healing and help, between goblin-hunting and dungeon-raiding and whatever else adventurers do. They were careless, as far as Kallon was concerned. Risking their lives for gold, from his perspective, was the job of storybook heroes, not real people. He cracked a smile, and took a thin tome from a nearby shelf, flipping to the recently folded page and beginning to read. What else did adventurers do?

Last edited by Davloat; 08-13-2019 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:09 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2715
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
I believe I have the applicant table properly updated now. If I missed something please let me know
Kestrel should be at least WIP since I put there a link to a full application (same character for another game). But I'll try to finalize the app anyway tonight, so no problem.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:40 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
This is why I always try and double-check. I looked at the app and filled in the info, i'll mark it complete once its over here.

Welcome to the site Davloat, I've added you to the table as well.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:48 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2715
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
Kestrel should be ready! Please tell me if anything is missing.
Old 07-31-2019, 05:52 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 273
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Funny, I actually made an app for a shifter named kestrel once

😤I have taken the Oath of Sangus😤
Old 08-01-2019, 12:46 AM
Dragoon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1278
zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak
Simon:
right-aligned image
Name: Str 8 | Dex 14 | Con 14 | Int 16 | Wis 9 | Cha 14Simon
Race: Variant Human - Resilient [Con] tentatively chosen as the 1st level feat. Skill: NatureHuman (Silverymoon)
Class: Will mutli-class into Evocation Wizard at level 2 and remain a wizard for the rest of his career. Skills: Investigation/ReligionHexblade Warlock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Skills: Arcana/HistoryCloistered Scholar
Personality trait:
- I'm willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgement.
Ideal:
- Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge. (Neutral)
Bond:
- Warlock pact with shadowfell entityI sold my soul for knowledge. I hope to do great deeds and win it back.
Flaw:
- Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.

Physical Description:
Simon is a tall, wiry man with a messy mop of blond hair and thoughtful grey eyes. While not traditionally handsome, he never-the-less has a striking, somewhat arresting presence about him.

Personality:
Simon is generally reserved and studious, with a somewhat scholarly air of elitism about himself. There are times when the exuberant youth of yesteryear emerges, however, and the scholar fades to the background. Those times have become increasingly rare as the years have gone by.

Backstory:
Simon grew up in a small farm in the Silver Marches. A precocious child, he never quite fit in with his family. As he grew he got the idea in his heart to make his way to one of the great cities, where he might find somewhere he would better fit in. His desire would come to fruition, but not in the way he hoped.

One night he had a dream - a vivid, realistic dream. He found himself in a shadowy realm, with a figure. The figure offered power and knowledge - the means for Simon to make his own way in the world. The only price would be a contract, a 'pact', between them. When Simon asked 'why me', the figure explained that Simon had 'potential'. To Simon's later regret, Simon agreed.

Simon was indeed granted knowledge and power, and Simon delighted in this at first. But then the requests came - innocuous things, always. Move a book from one location to another; break a certain dish; build a fence. Simon thought nothing of it at first ... but then he began to wonder. He asked around, made inquiries ... and slowly came to realize that the power he had been granted had come with terms. And while those terms might not be 'bad', the fact of the matter was that he knew nothing of his patron. Good, Evil, something else - Simon had no idea whom he was serving.

Simon made his way to Silverymoon, eventually finding himself in flitting between the various libraries and temples in the city, looking for a way to break the pact - or at least learn more of his shadowy patron. Requests still came, which Simon increasingly ignored ... and then the requests stopped. But Simon's power remained. What did it mean? Simon needed to know.

Simon spent years in Silverymoon, searching for an answer. All he found were more questions, and more worries. He became a well regarded researcher in the city libraries, an expert in several fields - but it was all for naught (as far as Simon was concerned). With the well of knowledge in the city running dry, Simon left to look for answers ... elsewhere. Anywhere.

It has been over a decade since Simon's patron has requested anything of him, yet Simon's powers are still as potent as the day he acquired them. Has his patron forgotten him, or given him up as a lost cause? Or is this an act of manipulation, guiding Simon to some as yet-unseen goal. Would Simon want to support his patron if given more knowledge or not? These and many more questions swirl about Simon's mind on a daily basis, as he wanders the realms looking for answers.

Most recently Simon has found himself at the Nightstone Inn, and short on money ...

RP Post sample: Kron the Barbarian's Intro Post

OOCModule: I have not played or read this module before.
Posting Rate: I can guarantee 1 post/week. Anything more I can't promise.

Last edited by zarzak; 08-02-2019 at 01:17 AM.