twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-01-2019, 06:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2121
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
I'm going to withdraw my interest, Retry. You seem to have plenty of players to choose from anyway and I really shouldn't add another game to my list (however much I may want to).

Good luck everyone, hope you all have a great game!
Old 08-01-2019, 08:29 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5668
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Alrighty, thanks for the interest Lazer!

Morning folks, I've updated the applicant table. If any of you notice anything is incorrect please let me know!
Old 08-01-2019, 02:48 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Davloat Davloat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
This is why I always try and double-check. I looked at the app and filled in the info, i'll mark it complete once its over here.

Welcome to the site Davloat, I've added you to the table as well.
Should I be WIP?
Old 08-01-2019, 03:19 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Nope! Missed seeing your post being updated - also I spelt your name wrong on the table, sorry about that

its been fixed/updated!
Old 08-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 248
routzong routzong routzong
My background is now corrected too...
Old 08-01-2019, 04:01 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by routzong View Post
My background is now corrected too...
Already handled
Old 08-01-2019, 05:02 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Davloat Davloat
Quote:
Nope! Missed seeing your post being updated - also I spelt your name wrong on the table, sorry about that

its been fixed/updated!
Excellent! Should I make a character sheet?
Old 08-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3280
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davloat View Post
Should I make a character sheet?
From the first post:

Quote:
(i ask you don't make sheets until accepted but I can't stop you )
So... if you do, just don't tell him.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2374
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
LOL XD haha

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 08-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 120
Lord99 Lord99
Alright, I believe this should do it!

Application
Name: Tamuj
Race: Loxo (Loxodon from Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, with DM permission)
Class: Cleric (Nature)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Personality: Tamuj is a very calm and kind person, happy to help those in need, concerned about the health of people, their community, and the natural world around them. He's happy to share the wisdom of Hiatea with anyone who seems receptive, but has no interest in pushing his religion onto others. This kindness very quickly turns to anger in the face of those who would harm their fellows or despoil the natural world. Tamuj is at his happiness when able to work alongside others in some way that will bring benefit to all - that, or bathing.

Appearance: Tamuj stands at just under seven and a half feet tall, his hide a healthy gray, thick enough to resist most insults the world and its inhabitants throw his way. His body is broad and powerful, as with nearly all of his people, although most of his musculature is hidden under that same protective hide, as well as the sturdily woven clothes of his people, simple with boldly colored stripes or geometric patterns. His ears are the size of dinner plates and helpful in driving off pests or the heat, as well as a display to any foes who have awakened his ire. Below his broad, thoughtful brow are his small, dark green eyes and two muscular trunks, the right one of which has a notch missing at the end – while his tusks, pale and strong and fitting for a young male of his stature, flank them both.

Background: Faction Agent (The Emerald Enclave) (from SCAG)
Personality Traits: I feel very strange eating, bathing, or sleeping alone, rather than in a group. Also, I've heard many stories from the various mentors in my life, and I'm happy to share them with anyone needing a little guidance or inspiration.
Ideal: To be at peace with ourselves, with each other, and with nature is the ultimate good.
Bond: I know that I will return home one day, and when I do, I want to have many gifts and stories for my herd.
Flaw: It's difficult for me to accept that people can be selfish, greedy, and cruel, rather than community-minded.
Backstory: Tamuj was born on the grasslands of the Shaar, has father a fithik of the Patient Watchers herd, while his mother stood as tunnuk to the entire clan of Bright Dawn. With such auspicious parents, it was assumed that the young loxo would grow to assume a prominent role in his herd, and any disappointment at not being a daughter for the tunnuk to pass on her wisdom to was kept quiet – all calves were welcome in the herd.

Within the welcoming community of the Patient Watchers, Tamuj had many playmates; in the way of the loxo, they were permitted free time to run around, to make up games and stories and to sing songs, but also were introduced to the work of the community, bearing portions of the herd's supplies while on the march, helping to gather fruit or repair worn clothes. Everyone in the herd worked together for the betterment of all, with all the matrons dividing the labor, while the lox-fithik and his fithik helped to ensure they were safe from any threats. As he matured, Tamuj obtained a reputation as a watchful child, no doubt from his time spent in the shadows of his mother's tent, listening as the tunnuk delivered her wisdom to not only members of the herd, but to visitors from the other herds of the Bright Dawn clan. This propensity was especially noted by the herd's priestess of Hiatea, Soofya, who found Tamuj listening attentively to all of her stories, not just the ones involving the goddess accomplishing great feats of strength and heroism. With his parents' permission, she began to teach Tamuj the ways of the goddess.

Those males who wished to serve nature were more often to follow the path of the druid, wandering and freely speaking to all the living things of the Shaar, although there was no specific taboo or tradition against bulls serving Hiatea more directly. While many of his peers took on roles as artisans or warriors, Tamuj committed more and more rituals and teachings to memory, learning how to invoke the goddess' blessings and obtain her guidance from Soofya, who was suitably pleased with her apprentice. The migratory loxo had no temples, and mostly worshipped in their own fashion, save for certain holy days and particular rituals, and the clergy spent most of their time laboring in their communities. When her skills were needed, Soofya would put on her more imposing priestly robes and invoke the goddess; in an emergency, she would drop her burden and run, bearing only the little carving of Hiatea's flaming spear.

While he slowly began to perform some of those rites himself, Tamuj was still a young and vigorous male, and when gnoll raiders or the occasional vicious manticore attacked the herd, he took up the spear and shield and fought with his fellow youths, earning his own scars in defense of the community – and if his arm was not quite so strong, his use of Hiatea's power more than made up for it.

On rare occasions, Soofya would receive guests of her own from beyond the Shaar, figures always watched with a vague concern; the loxo had little interest in the ways of the outside world, and the endless walk around the grasslands gave them an appreciation for the natural world that was their home, as well as their reliance on each other. Eventually, Tamuj was allowed to join her in these meetings, sitting around a fire and talking with the outlands long into the night. They spoke of other places, where the trees grew like stalks of grass, or where marshes consumed death and returned life; where only the cleverest creatures survived the sun's scorching heat, or where the frozen land glinted like a jewel under a pale sunrise. As it happened, Soofya stood as a member of a group known as the Emerald Enclave, dedicated to preserving the balance of nature and civilization. While she herself undertook little business on their behalf, she stood as a waypoint and a safe place for news passing between north and south. Seeing how eagerly Tamuj listened to the stories, she encouraged him to speak with the strangers, to learn of their language and customs and the places they called home.

When Tamuj declared his intent to leave the herd and travel in the company of one of these visitors, not merely on the Shaar but far from it, Soofya was the only one not surprised. They thought him young and impulsive – many young males wandered, seeking to test and find themselves, but surely the Shaar was large enough – but upon questioning (including the probing inquiries of his mother, tunnuk to an entire clan), they acceded to his wishes, in the hopes he would return in the future, enriched and ready to settle down. Outfitted with equipment drawn from the herd's – and clan's – store, he was given a tearful farewell, and set out on in the company of his more experienced mentor, the half-elven ranger Ilian Quickstep. In her company, he entered the lands of the small folk, and Ilian had many words of advice for him on the nature of working within that society as an outsider - although she was, despite her ancestry, more familiar to them than the towering gray loxo was. Figuring out where he could fit and where not, how to negotiate with a town that thought he was a wandering monster, how he could obtain things as simple as the clothes he needed, these were all valuable and, at times, painful, hilarious, and saddening lessons. Still, they made an excellent traveling pair, pursuing the business of the Emerald Enclave all along their travels, following a vague sort of route but with only the barest of schedule, based around other convocations of the Enclave. Ilian's superlative archery, paired with Tamuj's strength and magic, allowed them to deal with rapacious poachers as easily as maddened owlbears. When they finally parted company, the decision was mutual and without rancor, Tamuj having learned what he needed to know, and both simply feeling their paths leading apart.

It was not too long after parting ways that Tamuj heard of the town of Nightstone, on the way to his next planned stopover in Waterdeep, and their clashes with goblins; he'd generally found the creatures to be noisome, vicious, and the enemies of both nature and civilization, and these sounded well within that perception. With a slight adjustment to his route, be set out down the road to Nightstone.
Have you played this adventure before? No!
RP sample (Combat):

Tamuj pushed through the narrow tunnels, his shoulders and sides scraping through the unworked earth. When he emerged into the larger chamber, it was like a cork from a bottle, trunks lofting to scent the air, heavy with the scent of wet soil and goblin. They both reared back, offended, at the latter.

"Go on! Baroom I can hold this passage for now. Find us another way out!" He spun in place, setting his shield and lowering his spear into a stabbing grip, trumpeting brassily with a challenge that reverberated through the tunnels. "Come, goblins! See how Tamuj the loxo fights! Hom hom hom"

RP sample (Peaceful interlude):

The stream where the village children played was, for today, host to a monster, albeit one of a most friendly aspect. He'd left most of his equipment in the inn, venturing to the stream with just a set of simple clothes on; once he'd stripped down to a simple wrap for modesty, he'd ventured into the water, using his broad hands and paired trunks to clean himself as best he was able. The bathtubs that the inn provided were far from up to the task of handling the bulk of a loxo.

He didn't mind the children that had been drawn by the spectacle; their minds were, for the most part, open, and their questions without malice. He was happy to flap his ears at them or trumpet, or to squirt water at them. It was that last that had seemed most convincing, as the children quickly jumped in, each one eager to take a turn sitting on his shoulder, directing sprays of watery fury at their chosen targets before he took hold and hurled them, shrieking with glee, off to splash in the deeper parts of the stream. It was nice, this, to relax, and clean, and share in the joy of children after venturing down into the darkness.

He noticed one of his comrades standing by the shore, and trumpeted in greeting.

"Hello! Haroom hoom Have you come to wash as well, friend?" With one hand he picked up the next child, hoisting them onto his shoulder, where they began to point their finger at the next target to be annihilated.

"Or do we have some business to attend to?"

If there are any issues, please let me know!

Last edited by Lord99; 08-09-2019 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Picture
Old 08-01-2019, 06:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1912
MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ
D&D Beyond makes it too difficult not to make a character sheet early. It's too tempting to tinker

Last edited by MrCeeJ; 08-01-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:04 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6597
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Tackan
right-aligned image
Tackan Auronfang
Gold Scales Dragonborn Fighter

Appearance: Tackan stands an impressive seven foot tall. He towers over most humans and with shoulders broader than the even the largest of half-orc he seems intimidating at first glance. Once the great gold scaled dragonborn opens his toothy mouth that all slips away. He has an easy way about him and the natural ability to make others feel at ease. On the battle ground this is all forgotten however, his dagger like teeth exposed in a snarl and his gold scales glistening. If you were a fellow dragonborn you would note that there is nothing particularly attractive or off putting about Tackan, he is simply average. His scales are a color that many other metallic dragonborns envy, but memories from the times when such matters were important lay in the distant past.

Tackan wears a set of chainmail and has a warhammer hanging from a loop on his thick leather belt. A large metal shield either occupies his left arm or is strapped across his traveling pack, depending on how safe he feels at any given moment. In the pouches on his belt a few coins tinkle and a set of dice rattle.

Personality: Tackan is just as friendly as his smile would lead you to believe. He is genial and kind. He actually cares about people. Something in his past has cemented his views of the world and he is now a firm believer in helping his fellow man in anyway that he can. He isn't religious but helping others is almost a religion to him, it is one of the reasons he is often low on coin, but being poor isn't something that bothers Tackan, as long as he has food in his belly he is satisfied. When drinking, and occasionally when sober he tends to have a crude streak, making silly jokes or showing poor manners for a laugh.

Background: Soldier
Personality trait:
- I face problems head on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
- I have a crude sense of humor.
Ideal: Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others.
Bond: I fight for those that cannot fight for themselves.
Flaw: I made a terrible mistake in battle cost many lives and I would do anything to keep that mistake secret.

Old 08-02-2019, 01:16 AM
Dragoon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1278
zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak
I think my guy is pretty much done I may tweak some wording here or there but you can mark it as complete
Old 08-02-2019, 02:50 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40
theenglishslug
ApplicationName: Ghostwalker Nithrexadon
Race: Dragonborn
Class:Barbarian
Alignment:Chaotic Good
Personality: Rex is surprisingly humble for such an imposing figure. He is not a planner, and to him the simplest solution is usually the best. Despite this, he want to do his best to make his ancestors proud, and will try to take the lead even when his plans are not the most tactically sound.
Appearance:Towering at almost 7 feet tall, Rex is an imposing black dragonborn. He wears only a loose pair of trousers torn at the knees, and has deep ebony scales and yellow eyes. On each of his arms, he has some lighter grey scales in the pattern of two dragons that start at the base of his neck, move across his shoulders, and wrap around his arms, terminating in two fearsome dragon mouths with the upper jaw on his forefingers and the lower jaw on his thumbs.
Background:Outlander (Tribal nomad)
Personality Traits:I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups
Ideal:I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my ancestors
Bond:I suffer awful visions of giants destroying my tribe, and will do anything to prevent it
Flaw:Violence is my answer to almost any challenge
Backstory:Rex has lived in an insular tribe of Dragonborn that range in the frozen north. Despite the historic trouble that they encountered with dragons, the Ghostwalker tribe have a profound and deep connection with their draconic ancestry, although it has been many generations since a member of the tribe has been truly connected with their ancestral guardians. When Rex was born with the Dragonbrand, the tribe believed they had found their new tribal champion.
As Rex grew older, however, his ability to commune with his ancestors never developed. The elders of his tribe became more and more frustrated and disappointed, and Rex’s training became more intense and heavier, until he was going to bed every night exhausted, bruised, and broken. Fearing that his abilities would never manifest, Rex took up his axe and his pack of belongings and fled into the night to escape his tribe. Hopping from town to tow looking for work and trying to do good where he could, Rex eventually heard word that in a nearby settlement, goblins were raiding a town, and decided to seek the contract and assist in this endeavour.

Player informationI have never played this adventure before, and I have only played proper games on other sites (Myth Weavers). let me know if you want a link to one of those RP samples.

Writing SampleDespite the old straw stuffing in the mattress, it felt like a cloud to Rex as his body fell onto it. Laying face down, Rex did his best not to move at the risk of reopening the wounds across his back. Thinking back to the harsh punishment his body had been put through to "prepare" his body for his connection to the ancestors, he winced instinctively, sending a ripple of pain down his back.In the beginning of his training, he was confident that he would be the champion of his tribe. As the training turned to beatdowns and those turned effectively into torture as the elders tried everything to ignite the ancestral dragons, Rex was now convinced that he would never be the champion his tribe needed.
He cannot not rest long, as preparations need to be made. After a time, Rex rises to his feet and begins stuffing his few belongings into his pack. Sliding a hand under his mattress, he pulls out the bundle of rations he has sequestered away for his plan tonight. Taking up his axe, he takes one last look at the small room that has become his prison over the last 5 years and grits his teeth. He would die before coming back to this hole, of that he was certain. Slicing a hole in the thick hide of his hut, he slips out, taking care to make no noise. Eyes darting from side to side, Rex moves quietly across the frozen ground. As he reaches the edge of the grounds, Rex sees another of his tribe, looking out over the frozen tundra. A memory of this Dragonborn grinning as he brings a whip down over Rex's back flashes through his mind, and his mind is filled with a rage that he cannot contain. Rex begins as sprint and as the Dragonborn turns, Rex swings his axe and clefts the Dragonborn's head from his shoulders in a single stroke. Not even hestitating to watch the body fall, Rex continues his sprint into the night. he will never look back and he will never stop running from the wardens that he used to call a tribe.

Last edited by theenglishslug; 08-02-2019 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:56 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
So... if you do, just don't tell him.
I have terrible passive perception/insight so I'll never be the wiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCeeJ View Post
D&D Beyond makes it too difficult not to make a character sheet early. It's too tempting to tinker
I have the DM sub with dndb so for those who get picked and are DISCLAIMER: Players who are chosen to play the game will be in no way, shape or form, forced to use D&D Beyond's character sheet. This is just a tool that makes things easier for me, I have np using rpgx sheets or even custom ones from googlesheets. I just want it to be known that the option is there, just not mandatory interested the option is there and you will have access to my source books on the mobile app and website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzak View Post
I think my guy is pretty much done I may tweak some wording here or there but you can mark it as complete
Yep! You've been updated on the table, thanks for notifying me

@theenglishslug
- since we can't use links to competitors can you just write up a quick sample of Rex doing something so I can see how he acts? Maybe a short internal monologue or something when he decided to leave his tribe that fateful night?

Last edited by Retry; 08-02-2019 at 10:02 AM.