twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-02-2019, 12:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1912
MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ MrCeeJ
@Retry: Sounds good! I have the sub as well, so I think it should allow me to carry over the smuggler background from Saltmarsh if you don't have it. I'm honestly not sure how that works, actually.

Looking forward to seeing the groups you end up picking!

Last edited by MrCeeJ; 08-02-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:05 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40
theenglishslug
@Retry I added my writing sample, let me know if you need anything else!
Old 08-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4627
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Alright! I feel my character app is complete!
Old 08-04-2019, 06:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6297
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Alas, I must withdraw Nivrid. Thanks for offering the game!
Old 08-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 273
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
I just thought of something, given that this looks like a giant-heavy campaign. Can an alchemist make explosives?

😤I have taken the Oath of Sangus😤
Old 08-04-2019, 09:23 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
TwoOld TwoOld
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Tatkin “Dinklebough” Shimmerpitch
Race: Deep Gnome
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Neutral Good
Personality: Bad News: My svirfneblin companions think I'm a little to grave and humorless. Good News: I'm a gnome, so I’m only mildly bubbly and optimistic by non-Gnome standards. At 60 years old, I'm barely into my adulthood and afflicted by the wanderlust of the young--as long as that wandering takes me to new places with new things to learn.
Appearance: 3”7” 43 lbs. Very tall for a gnome. Long auburn hair usually braided or kept in a bun beneath a hood.
Background: Sage (researcher)
Personality Traits: There’s nothing I like more than a good mystery. I am willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment.
Ideal: Knowledge: The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge
Bond: I work to preserve the library that started me on the path to knowledge
Flaw: I am easily distracted by the promise of information

Backstory: I grew up in a small settlement in the Underdark, under the Sword Mountains, near the overland city of Neverwinter. For the past three years I have been a researcher (I get paid to study!) at the College of Magic.

So many fledgling wizards come seeking knowledge so they can avenge the death of their parents, or siblings, or families, or villages—sometimes all of the above. No story of woe for me, unless you count that bit of childhood teasing I endured because I’m quote tall for a gnome—I’m taller than some dwarves! For me, life is all about knowledge—acquiring it and sharing it. Born without a natural talent for magic, I have just begun to awaken the power myself, through research, contemplation, and practice. I'm very excited to learn more.

When Lady Velrosa Nandar sent a request to the College for assistance in resolving a dispute between the citizens of Nightstone and the elves of the Ardeep Forest, the college Dean put forth my name to assist in the negotiations. I’m not foolish enough to think I was her first choice, but I’m sure we both saw it as an opportunity for me to get out into the real world for a bit, away from dusty tomes on the dietary habits of hill giants. After outfitting myself for the short journey, I arrived in Nightstone eager to help.

And learn. Always to learn.

Prior experience with this adventure: I've never played this--or any other--adventure before

Last edited by TwoOld; 08-11-2019 at 02:25 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:30 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5668
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Hey folks, im on a mini-vaca with the family so i'll be a bit slow updating the table and answering questions, i apologize for the inconvenience and will be back to speed come wendesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherDondo View Post
I just thought of something, given that this looks like a giant-heavy campaign. Can an alchemist make explosives?
If they can find the materials, yeah.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:03 AM
Do you feel in charge?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2449
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Okie doke, think I'm all done here. I'm really psyched about this character, I think she'd be interesting to play.

Right here!

Last edited by ParzivalFair; 08-06-2019 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TwoOld TwoOld
OK I think my application is done, too.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:23 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5668
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Good morning folks! I apologize for the delay was taking a nice mini-vaca with the family to celebrate my oldest's birthday.

I've updated the table, please check it over to make sure I didn't overlook any details on your character.

@Firecat - The only thing you're missing is an rp sample or a link to one, so please provide that before Friday if you can
@TwoOld - I apologize but your character's nickname instantly made me think of this meme. Thanks for the laugh if that was on purpose

@everyone - Thank you all for applying, there is a boat load of great apps here. The application process is closing this Friday and I'll be going over each application and sending out invites via PM next week
Old 08-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TwoOld TwoOld
I hope the laugh is heartier knowing it was completely unintentional. The nickname "Dink" got stuck in my head and I built the rest of her name around that, not even knowing there was already a Dinklebough (it started as Dinklebow but I thought that would make pronunciation questionable).
Old 08-07-2019, 08:12 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 273
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Whenever I hear "dink" I immediately think of Dink the Dungeon Dweller from king's quest v. Now all we need is a tambourine.

😤I have taken the Oath of Sangus😤
Old 08-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Jaded

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
Paradigm Paradigm
X

Last edited by Paradigm; 08-13-2019 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1706
Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12
Application
Name: Gell Thundersnout
left-aligned image

Race: Half-Orc
Class: Druid (Eventually Circle of Moon, Brown Bear)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background: Far Traveler (Caravan Guard)

Appearance: Gell wears his thick hair in two long braids that hang on either side of his head, framing his jutting tusks and tangled black beard. Streaks of white throughout his beard, Gell wears his years with pride, savoring the stories of his life like those he scribes in the large tome he wears chained to his belt. A prominent, Orcish visage and a flair for storytelling with his deep, clear voice earned him the namesake "Thundersnout."

Personality:
As easy as a change in the wind, Gell's savage demeanor can change from grandfatherly storyteller to deadly Orcish warrior in an instant. Through it all- in spite of it all- the caravan guard's optimism and boisterous nature persists. While his natural kindness and generosity was fostered by his Druidic studies and teachings, Gell's ferocity and rage grows through his pursuit and embodiment of the Great Bear, the Shamanic-Deity of savage nobility that Gell follows. Forever hanging in the balance of the two, Gell's journey and stories are writ with conflict, but also with love, and friendship and growth.

When angered, Gell's rage is fierce to behold. When at peace, Gell's stories, jests and smiles are a safe, blazing hearth on a Winter's night.

In conversation, Gell is just as blunt, exaggerated and bombastic as his stories. A story himself, Gell earned his nickname from his booming voice both in battle and in song. He prefers a challenge he can see and if need be, a challenge he can maul. His hatred for racial prejudice and division and the shame that lingers within him for abandoning his adopted clan runs deep. That shame, that ember within him all too often begins the blaze of his fabled rage. Gell, a half-orc of contemplation despite his nature, is more oft ashamed by his outbursts, though his strength provides work, and coin.

Personality Traits:
Honest. Hot-Headed. Bombastic. Compassionate.

Ideal:
Violence means failure, but its power is absolute.
Stories, and the people who tell them, shape the world.
Friendship and camaraderie are life's greatest gifts

Bond:
Entered seclusion to escape the Many-Arrows Clan who might still be hunting me. I must confront them again one day.
I will protect my comrades with my life.

Flaw:
Prone to rage and passion, but also to empathy and idealism, Gell lives at war with himself.

Experience
Hey Retry! What an exciting prospect to embark on this massive journey. Level 1-10 sounds like a blast, with so many stories in between.

I've never played SKT, though I have experience with several of the other classic 5e modules. Been on RPGx for over two years now, and I'm in a job that (Thank the Lord) allows me to post daily. Sometimes I'm too busy, but it shakes out to be around 3 posts/week for me. I've taken the Oath of Sangus, and believe very much in open communication on posting and life events, seeing as PBP can move at a glacial pace, for good reason. I'm in for the long haul

RP Sample: Here

Novos Albright in West Marches

Last edited by Smokefire12; 08-08-2019 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
Viva Viva
Hi, Retry. I hope this arrives just in time for your evaluation.

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Johan Floshin
Race: Half Elf
Class: Wizard (controller rather than damage)
Alignment: Lawful Good

Personality: Johan is a very friendly and good-hearted guy. He may appear shy and a little quiet at first, but once you get to know him better and he starts trusting you, you'll find him compassionate and having great pleasure on helping people and on being useful. He is a casual man with some refined tastes, specially for food and wine, and is an avid reader and a very curious person, specially when it comes to magic and unnatural things.

Appearance: Johan is a young and short half-elf. His most striking feature is his belly, that is way beyond the average and gives him a stout and sturdy look, making he seems stronger than he really is. He has big caramel eyes, always looking around, and a thick and black hair, that grows long to compensate his rounded face and big ears. He normally dresses in shades of brown and green (what makes him feel more connected with his family - crest) and carries a rustic wooden staff.

Background: Noble
  • Personality Trait: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
  • Personality Trait: After years of dealing with people who expected me to act a certain way I can keep my cool even under the most stressful times.
  • Ideal: I wish to gain experience and become a great magician, proving my father wrong.
  • Bond: I miss the only person who truly loved me, and I wanna make her proud.
  • Flaw: I have a "tell" that reveals me when I'm lying.

Backstory:
left-aligned image

Johan Floshin is the result of a diplomatic affair, born from an arranged marriage between important elf and human families, in an effort of straightening up the relationship between the two races. His father was a renowned wizard from Ardeep Forest, while his mother was the daugther of an influent merchant on Waterdeep.
He spent all his early years on Ardeep Forest, in what he describes as a "guilded cage", surrounded by the empty pomp of aristocracy. While he enjoyed of a priviledged position, he was seen with bad eyes by most of the elves. He built his character around being nice and always eager to help, trying to be loved and to conquer his space in the village, although none of this seem to have helped. His mother was the only one that loved him, protecting and spoiling him, while his father seemed to despise him, for being the result of an unhappy and political marriage, for his half-elf nature and for his bon-vivant way of life. Besides that, Johan loved his father with all his heart and was always curious about his profession, insistently asking if he could help, thinking that this way he could improve their relationship. Nonetheless, his father always kept him away, saying that magic was not for someone as negligent and clumsy as he was.
Until one day, a little bit after Johan became an young-adult, his mother got severely ill. All the village priests tried to heal her, unsuccesfully. Some said that it was due to an extremely powerful venom, from an unnatural source, and that the cure was beyond their power.
On her deathbed, scared, she called Johan in private and, worried that the same fate would occurr to him, asked her son to run away while he could. She also gave him a bag with all her savings, a family green pendant (that became Johan's most precious belonging) and a letter to be delivered to a dear friend (Arveene) on Waterdeep.
Following his mother wishes, Johan gathered his few belongings, the most food that he could carry on his backpack, and sneaked away silently at night. He resents to this day not saying goodbye to his father, but he was too much afraid that he could try to stop him or even worse.
He never looked back. After a tense jorney, he arrived in Waterdeep and, astonished with his surroundings, did as his mother instructed. Arveene was very helpful and arranged everything for Johan to settle down on his new city. Using his mother's money, Johan followed his dreams and enrolled in a famous magic school, having classes with one of the best magicians in town. During what he considers the best time of his life, Johan enjoyed his liberty, luxury and discovery, finally satiating his thirst for knowledge.
But good things don't last for ever, as didn't his mother's money. After several months of luxury, not much was left, leaving him with no choice other than to quit his school. For the first time on his life, Johan saw himself with the need to have an income and, not knowing what to do, he reached out back to Arveene. His mother's friend was very nice again, overdoing herself, although Johan was not sure why and didn't know yet what was the exact link that she had with his mother. The important thing is that Arveene had some very good contacts on Nightstone that would be intereted on hiring him. They enjoyed hunting on Ardeep Forest and Johan's new magical talents, together with his native knowledge of the region, would make him a perfect luxury bodyguard. And that's how his adventure days begins...

Played Storm King's Thunder Before: No. I don't have much experience with 5e and RPG crossing (other than a couple of games that ended prematurely and one arena on the city of endless arenas).
This is the first time that I heard of Storm King's. And reading the reviews it seems like a great adventure!
I would love to participate, have fun and consolidate my knowledge on 5e and PBP.
RP Sample: First post on City of Endless Arenas

Last edited by Viva; 08-09-2019 at 12:49 AM.