Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5276
Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs Trequs
ApplicationName: Savhra Skullander
Race: although she doesn't know it yet - she thinks she's humanScourge Aasimar
Class: Paladin (of the Ancients)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Personality: Savhra feels an intense connection to the earth - not the plants that burst out from it or the creatures who live above and within, but the rocks and dirt themselves. Where others look for nature in these places, she views them as signs of the power of the dirt and the strength of the mountains, and sees these same features in avalanches, pits of quicksand, and endless mudflats.

She's fairly practical, owing to a self-sufficient heritage, and brims with a prideful confidence. She works well with those who have similar goals, but rarely will she overlook an insult or unfair act, either directed towards herself or to the earth she so prizes.

Appearance: With long, onyx black hair and golden eyes, Savhra stands out even from the rest of her family, whose features all tend toward earth tones. Her tribe places no particular importance on matters of height or weight, but she seems about average on both accounts, though more muscular than most. And although her tribe is known for its self-sufficiency, making much of their own clothing and even armor, hers are constructed with small details that add some personality to otherwise bland-looking attire.

Owing to her lifestyle, she's often caked with dirt and dust. This brings her comfort, as she feels better connected to the earth this way.

Background: Foothill Nomad (based roughly on Outlander)
Personality Traits: I sometimes feel I'm being guided by an omniscient power // My self-confidence is entirely supported by my skills and abilities
Ideal: The natural world is more important to me than all the constructs of civilization
Bond: A strike against the earth is a strike against me.
Flaw: I nurse a silent resentment to those who've wronged me.

Backstory: Savhra was born into the Skullander tribe, a nomadic tribe of humans who wandered in regions of the Silver Marches, primarily near the Nether and Rauvin Mountains. They made their living by providing assistance to travelers, many of whom had arrived underprepared for the difficult weather and terrain that separated the settlements. While known in the larger cities, they never entered them, and only rarely were even seen inside Hilltop or Rauvincross. But if scouts were sighted near the peak of Faerang's Doom, or a party of a few dozen were seen calmly traversing the Moon Pass, there's a good chance they were Skullanders.

The Skullanders' lifestyle required survival skills before anything else, and to maintain their nomadic tradition, social skills fell under the umbrella of survival. Hunters, gatherers, mountaineers, and a wide range of artisans, crafters, and laborers were associated with the group, and it wasn't uncommon for a gatherer to pick up skills in smithing, or for a cart maker to be an expert with crampons. Savhra focused primarily on protective skills, and often worked to lead weary travelers through dangerous or difficult portions of the Skullands.

Her familiarity with, and reliance on, the dirt and rocks that formed her homeland slowly evolved into a form of worship. And although she wasn't fully convinced by their habits, she often kept company with the druids and rangers.

As it so often does, word of the activity at the Spine of the World passed first through the regional dwarven settlements, and the Skullanders were trusted enough by the dwarves that they learned of the activity of the giants long before any of the established cities of the Silver Marches had any idea of the danger to come. The Skullanders rarely traveled past the borders of old Luruar, but it was obvious that this activity posed a serious threat to their homeland. And they knew too well that there was great truth behind the stories of dragons and giants in the mountains they called home. The threat was too great to ignore, but also too imminent. They couldn't send a large party to investigate and risk leaving the rest of the tribe to be caught in whatever horrors awaited, and alerting the local cities wouldn't necessarily offer them enough aid. They decided to tighten their defenses, send runners to inform the communities nearby, and send a small party of three.

---

Marien had kept an exhausting pace, and it was all Savhra and Grell could do to keep up with her day after day. But the mission was worth the effort, and they had little needs on the road other than to keep to their schedule. Passing a camp on the Dessarin River, the trio decided to join up with whoever might be there for the night, and found a group of humans who were slowly making their way upriver. Almost immediately, their hosts told stories of the terrors of giants in the North, and the Skullanders were able to get some information from them about what the coastal cities were doing to prepare. The information wasn't very clear, but the Skullanders did learn that unusual events were afoot in Nightstone, Triboar, and Thundertree. The trio feel this is an easy enough omen to parse, and after a short discussion, Marien, as the leader of the trio, decides to head to Triboar and hope that she'll be able to communicate from this "central" location. Grell, being exceedingly skilled in forest survival, heads to Thundertree, and this leaves Savhra to head south to Nightstone, following the Dessarin River instead of the Long Road. They know it would be foolish to promise to meet up at any given place or time, but they have the advantage of a tribal history with special symbology, as well as shared tracking and survival capabilities. They determine a set of symbols and objects they can leave near major roads or rivers that will serve to tell when they left, where they were headed, and why, and then they part.

RP Samples: Sample 1, Sample 2

OOCA last-minute posting, but I couldn't miss the opportunity. I've not played Storm King's Thunder before, but the setting is very appealing.

Last edited by Trequs; 08-11-2019 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Cleaning up since Scourge Aasimar was approved
Old 08-09-2019, 02:35 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6597
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
I think I will go ahead and withdraw my application. There are some very talented new players and it would be great for them to get into this game.

Good luck everyone.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5668
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Sorry to see you go Pendragon, thank you so much for your interest in the game

Alright folks,

~~~~Applications are now CLOSED~~~~

Those who still have WIP apps can finish those up. Any new apps or interests that never bloomed into an app will not be considered.
I am going to be going through and updating the table here shortly to get those that came in under the wire in there.

@Trequs Yup I have Scourge Aasimar, you're good to go there.

Last edited by Retry; 08-09-2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:37 PM
Do you feel in charge?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2449
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Out of curiosity, when should we expect the accepted to be notified?
Old 08-09-2019, 10:42 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
The 14th at the latest.
I'll definitely try to get them out before then, though

Last edited by Retry; 08-09-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 208
Drager Drager Drager
Waiting on tenterhooks, a runesmith searching for ancient rune magic is something I am very excited to play (if picked). Good luck to everyone, and I hope to adventure with you (or watch from the sidelines if I'm not in).
Old 08-11-2019, 06:06 PM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1985
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
I'm afraid I'm withdrawing from this game. Have fun, everyone!
Old 08-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Morning folks,

I want to thank you all for your time and effort applying to this game. There were so many amazing apps to choose from.

At this time all invites have been sent out to those who've been accepted to the game.

Thank you all once more and I wish you all the best on your various adventures on this amazing site!
Old 08-13-2019, 01:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Congratulations to those who were accepted!
Old 08-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73
VoskaVixen
Nyrcissa Application | Ranger
Name: Nyrcissa Crophale (Female, 20)
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background: Urchin
--Personality Trait: Uncivilized - An uncivilized person was raised in the wild or is just someone who finds themselves being able to relate to animals before people. They may be awkward when it comes to various situations where they must speak, so make sure there are sociable people to prop them up.
--Ideal: Family first.
--Bond: Screech is my most trusted companion, he has served me and thus I shall serve him in return.
--Flaw: Everybody is the enemy until proven innocent, and even then it seems fake.

Appearance:

Backstory:

Experience

I am new to Dungeons and Dragons and this would be my first campaign!

RP Sample

Nyrcissa quietly pulled an arrow from her quiver as she dropped into a low crouch, peering through the thick foliage at the lone stag that stood several feet away. Parting her lips, she took a shallow breath to focus her mind before pulling the bow up to her eye-line. With the perfect shot within reach, she slowly began to pull back the tension before a sharp squeal broke her concentration. The stag must of heard the noise too, for his head shot up right in her direction. The stag seemed to blink at Nyrcissa in a silent stand off before turning and prancing away.

‘There goes lunch’ she thought to herself, before sulking off in the direction of the squeal. She wanted to find out what cost her, her kill. An Owl hatchling of some sort was dancing desperately around on the forest floor, and it’s wing seemed to be bent at an odd angle. Gathering a small stick and some string she had been saving for her bow incase it needed repaired, she attempted to help the little Owl.

“Come on you terror, I guess you’re coming with me.”

Old 08-17-2019, 08:22 PM
Do you feel in charge?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2449
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
@VoskaVixen: Unfortunately, Retry has already selected the players for this game, so it's closed to applicants.

I would however direct you to over to Tyeal's Princes of the Apocalypse game, which is still accepting for a few days, and is also one of the official Wizards of the Coast adventures.