RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1054
Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack
Land of Shalm: Path of Chaos

LAND OF SHALM
Path of Chaos
3.5 Edition

FlavourDark and Gritty, Vast world to explore.

Plot SummaryThe Land of Shalm has been in peace for almost two-century now. Before the Golden Age had started the land was in complete darkness. Evil had ruled the lands with the people in constant fear of if this day could be their last. A group of adventurers followed Shalm, they went out and conquered the land from the evil one, Raspian. With Raspian fallen, his leaders and followers fled and the Land and people of Shalm began to heal. The people decided to honor the great leader and name the land after him. Shortly after the battle, the people wanted to make Shalm their king, but he refused and left and was never heard from again. King Rupert Khalil has ruled the lands for the past 60 years during this time of peace. But over the past 20 years, chaos has started to creep back into Shalm. There are rumors of a new evil force beginning to build and that war is about to start. There are also rumors about King Rupert and how he is acting. No one has seen the King of late and his daughter Eve is the spokesman in front of the people. The King is said to be switching between being normal and fits of rage. Only those closest to him know what is going on, and they are not speaking. Sadly the King has no heir as his daughter Eve never married.

The King and his court are looking for adventurers to go out and look into these rumors and if they find evil; to banish it once and for all. There are also talks of an ancient artifact hidden around Shalm get free from this darkness. Many groups are looking for this, some evil some good. The King wants this artifact found and brought to him.

Map of Shalm
The map is very large. Here is the link to it.

Character Creation
Looking for people able to post 2 to 3 times a week. I will check daily but might not be able to post on Tuesdays and Sundays.

Start at Level 1.

Starting PC's use a 32 point buy cap unless their race has a level adjustment (LA), then see the LA chart. No "base" score higher than 18 before racial additions/subtractions, and you cannot lower a score below 10 to gain points for use in another ability (feel free to do it for fun, however). Level adjustment races are allowed via the point buy system. No creature with an LA >+4

Characters will start at level 1 with 500 GP to spend.
Hit Points - Max at first two levels
Traits and Flaws: You are allowed to take 1 Trait and 1 Flaw if you choose to. It is not required. If you do this, let me know.

Here are some house rules for the game. I recommend that you check them out.

I have access to the majority of 3.5 Edition Books. If you use anything that is not the Player Handbook or the DMG please note it in your character sheet.

For Languages: Each character starts with 2 languages and gets a bonus one for each 2 bonus point of intelligence. But you do not get penalized for a negative modifier.

EG. Bob has an intelligence modifier of +3 so he knows 3 languages. Larry has an intelligence modifier of -2 but he still knows 2 languages.

HP is max first level.

Start with 500 GP

If you Pick human you get a bouns Feet.

Allow one Flaw and one Trait

For Skills:
Athletics=Jump, Climb & swim
Acrobatics=Balance, Tumble
Disable Device=Disable Device & Open Lock
Stealth=Move silent & Hide
Perception=listen, spot & search
You can rename Climb to Athletics & delete Jump & Swim, & then do the same for each of the rest, it will make your skill ranks MUCH easier for you to track

ApplicationsMandatory for Character Applications
Name:
Race:
Role:
Your planned progression for your character" (I know it might change as the game goes on.)
Basic Background:
Appearance: (Pic or written description. If the pic is big, PLEASE put in a spoiler)

DeadlineDeadline for applications are due 8/15/19

Applicants

Player Character Race Class Complete? Reviewed?
Nightshade Maeven Relaryn Human Stalwart Battle Sorcerer Y Y
SoloGamer77 Gilbus Rundiroot Gnome Beguiler Y Y
DoubleL1987 Dashniell "Dash" Doyle ??? Rogue Y Y
Cristal08Darkmoon Skye McKenna Human Spirit Shaman Y Y
Mason Hendrick Draconic Human Warblade Y Y
Paerniel Paerniel Human Warlock Y Y
Ysolde Rubitrex "Ruby" Stonefist Gnome Paladin Y Y
ArcaneJazz Durja Nocturne Dwarf Necromancer Y Y
MundayKnight Rodan Nador Human Psion N Y
Phokion Thademyr Elf Scout N Y
bagginses Poppa R Human Druid Y Y
Auron3991 Faysal Siegel Half-Fiend Human Fighter Y Y
- - - - - 

I have taken the Oath

Last edited by Mack; 08-15-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7313
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Interested.

Just to clarify, if we choose Human we get an additional bonus feat plus the normal human bonus feat?
Old 07-30-2019, 08:55 PM
Not so solo anymore

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
SoloGamer77 SoloGamer77 SoloGamer77 SoloGamer77
Sounds fun.

Not real clear on the books allowed for character creation? So only PHB and DMG? Or any published?
Old 07-30-2019, 09:00 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Any published. I just ask if it is not PHB or DMG let me know what book so I can look it up.

Correct. For human you get an extra bonus feat.

I have taken the Oath

Last edited by Mack; 07-30-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I am curious about the Land of Shalom, can you tell a bit about the world? Sounds kind of Middle Eastern.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:08 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The Land fo Shalm is set up like your typical medieval hierarchy system. The land is vast and has all types of influence on it. The land is coming out of a dark time and is a period of renaissance. New ideas, philosophies, and technologies are being talked about on a daily basis.

I have taken the Oath
Old 07-31-2019, 12:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
App
left-aligned image

Basic Background

Appearance Maeven stands just about six feet tall and has a thin, lean build. Despite often being outside, she has a lighter complexion that is further contrasted by her long, dark auburn hair. Her eyes are vaguely almond-shaped, almost reminiscent of Elven eyes, and are a spectacular viridian (blue-green) color.

Name Maeven Relaryn

Race Human

Age 21

Class Stalwart Battle Sorcerer

Role Melee with some magical support

Planned Progression Battle Sorcerer 1-7/ Abjurant Champion 8-12 / Battle Sorcerer 13-20

Last edited by Nightshade; 08-08-2019 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:06 PM
Not so solo anymore

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

Name: Gilbus Rundiroot
Race: Gnome
Class: Beguiler
Role: Controller, Manipulative, Semi-Ranged assailant, Roguish style
Trait: Absent Minded (You gain a +1 bonus on Knowledge checks (although this does not let you use a Knowledge skill untrained).Drawback: You take a -1 penalty on Spot checks and Listen checks.)
Flaw: Vulnerable (You take a -1 penalty to Armor Class)
Planned Progression: Loosely thinking Beguiler all the way, but could dip into Rogue or other such class as the need for the group arises

Background

Personality

Full Player Details

Last edited by SoloGamer77; 08-02-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Not so solo anymore

Tools
User Statistics
So we should delete the skills you have mentioned and ONLY put ranks in the "Main" category of skills? Right?
(So no climb,jump,swim, but full ranks in Athletics instead? If so, Ill need to edit my skills selections above, ty)

NVM, I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. Will get straight if/when accepted

Last edited by SoloGamer77; 08-01-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Working on a joint background with another player who will be applying.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloGamer77 View Post
So we should delete the skills you have mentioned and ONLY put ranks in the "Main" category of skills? Right?
(So no climb,jump,swim, but full ranks in Athletics instead? If so, Ill need to edit my skills selections above, ty)

NVM, I guess it doesn't really matter at this point. Will get straight if/when accepted
You are correct. Get rid of the others and put it into athletics. But I will make sure sheets are correct if you are selected for the game.

I have taken the Oath
Old 08-02-2019, 04:15 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9380
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Name: Dashniell "Dash" Doyle

Race: Anything they want to be!

Class: Rogue

Role: Support, sneakiness, backstabbing (the good kind) and much more later on!

Character Progression: Eventually moving into Chameleon (Races of Destiny) and perhaps Fortune's Friend (Complete Scoundrel)

Basic Background: A different story every day – the last person that asked got a story involving Changelings and a majestic half-red dragon mother…

Appearance: No-one has ever seen Dash's true face, except perhaps his parents. One day he's a lanky half-elf cleric with a bad case of facial warts while the very next day, or sometimes even the next hour, she's a dangerously curved Nymph with the capacity to reduce men (and certain-inclined woman) to stuttering messes with a wink and giggle. Suffice it to say, Dash is a person of a thousand faces and they spend every day coming up with a few dozen more.

Last edited by DoubleL1987; 08-14-2019 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Just want to clarify a couple of things.

1.) You want applicants to do a point buy starting at like in Pathfinder10pts rather than the normal 8pts of 3.5?

2.) You want us to use the listed skills. We're just condensing some skills to the 'new' ones to cut down on how many skills we're trying to keep track of ranks for, not changing anything else related to skills or skill ranks?
Old 08-02-2019, 10:18 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristal08Darkmoon View Post
Just want to clarify a couple of things.

1.) You want applicants to do a point buy starting at like in Pathfinder10pts rather than the normal 8pts of 3.5?

2.) You want us to use the listed skills. We're just condensing some skills to the 'new' ones to cut down on how many skills we're trying to keep track of ranks for, not changing anything else related to skills or skill ranks?
Yes and Yes

I have taken the Oath
Old 08-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Busy this weekend, app will be finished early next week!