RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 331
Evandis Evandis Evandis Evandis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
Application WIP

Name: Hassan son of Verduk (Hassan the Accursed)
Just one thing for you to consider if you would like. There are airships in this setting, though they are built by and for the Dwarven city of Wyr Kaldun only. If your tribe has access to a well of crude oil, you actually would have the opportunity for your tribe to actually be wealthy, unless your tribe decided to turn down any trade deal with the Dwarves for whichever reason you deem.

Last edited by Evandis; 08-02-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
Application
right-aligned image
Name:Titch "TS" Sedlak

Please let me know if anything needs to be adjusted.
Nope looks great, just to give you some more options to weave into your character, a talented tinkerer working in Wyr Kaldun would have been offered commission work by the Dwarves for designing new and efficient technology for their airships. This would give you great renown and a lot of contacts to exploit.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Added all submitted apps to main post, also added a note to allowable resources.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 208
Drager Drager Drager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evandis View Post
No, I wouldn't say you are going to talk. It's about to the level I like to play at with insinuation at what happened to his friend. The only thing I want to add as your story makes this lore related now, is that Selune is believed to be a dead goddess, killed by Shar in a heavenly battle in a time before time. Selune and Shar are actually twins and it is believed they controlled and/or lived on the twin moons of Fryst. The moon that crashed to the earth was the moon associated with Selune, which is where the idea that Selune is dead originates from.
Would it be appropriate for the people of Khem, prior to the Caspian invasion, to not believe her dead or would that be too strange? Either way I'll edit tomorrow!
Old 08-02-2019, 09:02 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 410
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Is the revised ranger from unearthed Arcana allowed or using ranger from PHB? Are alternate subclasses allowed from Xanathar’s guide?
Old 08-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drager View Post
Would it be appropriate for the people of Khem, prior to the Caspian invasion, to not believe her dead or would that be too strange? Either way I'll edit tomorrow!
They can, there is no confirmation of Selunes death outside folk tales passed down through generations. The only thing that would indicate her death is her silence to her people. There can always be that random talk about how she has returned through an avatar to lead her people out of oppression.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:08 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruma Kohaku View Post
Is the revised ranger from unearthed Arcana allowed or using ranger from PHB? Are alternate subclasses allowed from Xanathar’s guide?
I am okay with the UA Ranger. What subclasses are you considering?
Old 08-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3280
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Quote:
There are airships in this setting, though they are built by and for the Dwarven city of Wyr Kaldun only.
Interesting and good to know.
Quote:
...your tribe to actually be wealthy
However, I think this falls under the category of did not intend and do not want for the tribe. I think it would change too much of the feel of the story.

I added the oil at the last minute to give some form of concrete evidence of the Lord of Fire's blessing. It could just be some magical eternal flame, but I have grown enamored of the idea that the fiend didn't actually do anything other than take credit for a natural phenomenon.

Alternatively, if the oil is valuable enough and the tribe refused to trade because of isolationism and xenophobia (totally plausible) then somebody would have killed them and taken over by now.

So can we just say that this particular oil has some impurity that makes it too dangerous or impractical to refine into stable fuel?
Old 08-02-2019, 10:30 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1233
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Hey quick question before I start working on my app. Do the Tieflings have a god they worship?
Old 08-03-2019, 03:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 208
Drager Drager Drager
I'm thinking of changing subclass to Arcane Trickster to build more as a mage/priest killer, rather than general assassin. Just a slight tweak to the backstory and he should be finished. Does that sound appropriate?
Old 08-03-2019, 03:20 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8214
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posting interest
Old 08-03-2019, 04:13 AM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1985
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Application, Ready for Feedback
right-aligned image
Name: Soley Vittblum
Race: Half Elf
Class: Bard 2/Warlock 1
Alignment: Good
Deity: none

Appearance: People have often remarked about Soley's feminine features and striking grey eyes, and she knows her smile often had a wondrous effect on others. She doesn't stand out too much apart from that however, with her wavy blonde hair and pale skin; all sorts of folk lived in New Haven, and the Genasi were the more memorable folk. Aside from her childish and slightly mischievous grin, she often wears practical, travel-ready clothes and the occasional leather vest when the Mages Guild call upon her for a task. A brooch with a dull blue gem engraved on it rests on the crook of her collarbones; another thing she didn't like to discuss.

Hometown: New Haven, though she doesn't seem to keen on talking about her life there most of the time.

Background: Sage (Researcher)
Personality Traits (2): There's nothing I like more than a good mystery. I'm terribly curious about all sorts of things, and get very excited when talking about topics of interest.
Ideal (1): Wonder. The goal of digging into the secrets of the past, harnessing the potential of the present, and looking into the possibilities of the future is to live with a sense of awe and wonder at life.
Bond (1): I've been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question I have about my past.
Flaw (1): Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.

How you were recruited for Taskforce Ragnarok: Soley had taken part in the rehabilitation efforts for Reef Harbor and a few expeditions to investigate some troubles in Stormhold in the Maiden Isle since she was younger. Having mixed elven heritage was an advantage in getting into the Bardic College in Mythredel (having a face that wasn't too hard on the eyes and an aptitude for lore-hunting didn't hurt either), so when the Mages Guild from the Citadel came looking for recruits, her name was one of the few who were highly recommended as a field researcher.

Character background: Not much is known about Soley's early life in New Haven; she herself found it a topic that held little interest, so often she would deftly switch the object of conversation to her "exploits" as one of the researchers and students of lore in the Maiden Isle. Soley was always interested in ancient mysteries, or long-lost artifacts; get her started on that and she'd like talk your head off. The half-elf would also happily discuss efforts to rebuild the Harbor, or what a genasi looked like; if she was feeling extra jovial, she'd even do an impersonation of one; provided there wasn't one in sight, which is usually the case outside of the Maiden Isle.

When it came to talk about Stormhold, however, the bard would lose her smile, and sometimes her composure. She'd never told anyone, but something happened in that tower; something that she wasn't sure she could even explain if she tried. Soley's memories of that night were hazy. She remembered dreaming; in the dream, there was a woman. She had hair the color of night, and skin as black as onyx; yet her beauty struck Soley with such intensity that she was unable to speak. The woman smiled at her, and then uttered in a whisper:

"The Dark Moon rises."

When Soley awoke, she held a purple-blue gem in her hand. She didn't know where or how she had got it, only that she wasn't to part with it. A sense of foreboding fell upon her then, somehow comprehending that life had just changed irrevocably. The bard tried to return to her usual duties and fields of study, but once every month the dream would occur again. She also started noticing that there were things in the arcane arts that she could perform that not even the more seasoned bards or practitioners did. Soley still kept this troubling secret to herself, and would reply to questions about the gem with some vague story about it being an heirloom. Not even her team in the Task Force new about this; she feared being laughed at, or worse, the implications of her dream meaning something real.

When the reports about Winterhaven reached her ears, Soley felt that twinge of fear again. Yet, along with that dread, also came a sense of excitement; for the possibility of a mystery - this mystery that she was somehow tangled up in - being finally understood and discovered.

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; 08-03-2019 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:35 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 93
OsirisRising
This setting is really evocative and the creative freedom is very attractive.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Sheandra Nuiel
Race: Wood Elf
Class: ranger (beast master) 2 / sorcerer (modified storm sorcery) 1
Alignment: good
Deity: Corellon

Appearance: Sheandra looks exactly what she is: a rugged, slender, tough wilderness guide. She dresses practically in general and wears other practical gear. Her eyes are scrutinizing most of the time, she is always assessing what she sees. She prefers wearing blues and browns, but she is not very picky about the style as long as her outfit fits the purpose. However, she does have a fancy for elegant clothes, and she has a set in Shanmere, where she lives, and a few a times a year she looks like a beautiful faerie out of a tale for the storytelling and merrymaking party she organizes.

Hometown: Wavecrest is large village (or small town?) on the most north-eastern island in the area that's not frozen all year round. (I suppose the green area is not frozen all year round?) The settlement lives off the land, fishing, gathering herbs and sellind wood. The hunter / herb gatherer members of the community are called the Forest Seekers, and traditionally their leader is the village leader as well. This person currently is Kailen Quenoss, a rather traditional fellow, who does not like the inquisitive ideas of Sheandra and her leaving the community for adventure. He does not like the idea of 'adventure' at all, and he is distrustful of strangers arriving and disturbing the 'perfect life' of the community. This has never escalated to violence, but his and some of the other inhabitants' disapproving looks have managed to send away several adventuring parties over the years. In spite of all this, Wavecrest features a welcoming guest house, where Undarr Branchborn, the elder druid of the area likes to meet visitors. He actually does this to keep tabs on them better, but nevertheless, the Wavecrest Guesthouse is a popular stop for sea travelers passing the island. The village has had its share of pirate raids, and the locals can mobilize and leave with anything valuable into the cave system a few miles up the hills. When the lookouts sound the alarm, Wavecrest becomes a misty ghost town in less than 15 minutes.

Background: sailor
Personality Traits: my companions can rely on me in trouble to the bitter end, discovering new places is the driving force in me
Ideal: live and let live, balance always prevails in the end
Bond: the reason for the everfrost needs to be found and removed to make the land full of life again
Flaw: curiosity killed the cat

Recruitment: Sheandra was working as a guide for a group of merchants, accompanying them on a sea voyage and then leading them through the Northlands to a small town, for whatever reason. They wanted to avoid the regular path / road and needed someone to show them the way. However, a few hours before arriving into port the ship was hit by pirates and in the ensuing fight both vessels caught fire. The young elf kept her charges alive all through the bloodbath, helped them reach shore using floating bits, found them wood for fire and food to eat, and when they arrived in Shanmere, she walked in and finally, exhausted with 8 days of watch duty and providing for her charges, she collapsed after entering the gate.

A few weeks later she received a message complimenting her perseverence and sense of responsibility, and she was invited to a meeting with 'Our Representative'. When she left the meeting, she was a member of Task Force Ragnarok. In the following years she regularly received missions as a guide, though she made plenty of voyages on her own as well.

Character background: Little Sheandra always watched the passing ships with adoration, especially when they set out from the village to mysterious and exciting lands. She always longed to be on board and to be the one who catches sight of something interesting on the horizon. She learned to swim in secret, she learned making knots from fishermen at the age of 7 and sneaked on a larger fishing boat when she was 8. They were already out at sea, and the she was scolded strongly, she didn't mind and enjoyed the forbidden time's every moment.

As soon as she was considered an adult she signed up for a merchant ship as took part in the work like every other sailor. She felt elated while traveling to and fro, but the limited route of the ship trading out of Edgewater soon got her disappointed and she left for something more wide-ranging. This came in the form of the Gliding Seagull, and captain Ryllmoon.

It was during one of the fierce storms on the Seagull when her arcane abilities manifested first, to the great surprise of everyone aboard. They all knew about her contempt for scholars and wizards sitting in their studies and 'doing research' and first no-one talked about the incident for months. But when it happened the second time, Sheandra had to face the facts, admitted them to herself, then to her mates. She decided to let her abilities loose to understand them and better use them for helping keep the ship afloat. Since it didn't involve being buried under countless books, she came to enjoy the flexibility and now thinks about discovering the details of this phenomenon as one long and interesting adventure.

Last edited by OsirisRising; 08-08-2019 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 93
OsirisRising
@Evandis
Would you allow Sea Sorcery or Storm Sorcery as her sorcerous origin?
Old 08-03-2019, 08:53 AM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
So can we just say that this particular oil has some impurity that makes it too dangerous or impractical to refine into stable fuel?
You can have it be for any reason you would like. Just making you aware of related lore in case you wanted to utilize it.