RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 331
Evandis Evandis Evandis Evandis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfTheHeart View Post
Hey quick question before I start working on my app. Do the Tieflings have a god they worship?
The short answer is no. Tieflings are simply a product of a consummated union of human and demon so that would mean their powers are innate. They could simply choose to worship none, whatever human god they prefer, Ao himself as they are not very far removed ftom him, Asmodeus if they tend towards evil or the actual demon that consummated with their human parent.

You can flesh it out as little or as much as you want. There isnt any actual tiefling players in any of the other campaigns so I just have the above lore jotted down.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:16 AM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drager View Post
I'm thinking of changing subclass to Arcane Trickster to build more as a mage/priest killer, rather than general assassin. Just a slight tweak to the backstory and he should be finished. Does that sound appropriate?
That would be fine with me.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:20 AM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisRising View Post
@Evandis
Would you allow Sea Sorcery or Storm Sorcery as her sorcerous origin?
I just want to acknowledge your question and let you know I will review and answer it when I get home from work. I most likely will not have any issues with it.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:18 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1233
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Application, Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Problem Child
Race: Tiefling
Class: Bard
Alignment: Probably Good
Deity: With no Tiefling god to worship, Problem puts his faith in the long dormant god who created the world, Ao. After all, he must have had a reason for creating Tieflings in the first place.

Appearance: Problem is the child of a white and red Tiefling, which created a pink monstrosity that isn't usually seen among the demonic race. His hair is a darker pink than his skin, but not as dark as his horns. He keeps the shoulderish length locks back in messy ponytails or just wears it loose, he claims that it's because it's hard to work around his horns, but it's probably due to laziness. His eyes are a bright, almost glowing, red with the typical Tieflling lack of pupil, or anything else, which can make it intimidating to those who don't know his kind. Problem almost wears more jewelery than he does clothing, his horns, fingers, neck, and chest all adorned with it. Though the only metal he wears is on his horns, anything that touches his skin is either semi-precious stones or leather. He wears pants, over the knee heeled boots which are probably made for women, and a long sleeveless red coat with a furred collar. His chest and shoulder harness has a very convenient ring on the back of it to leash him, but very few people know that it exists.

Hometown: Problem is from the town of Darkheart, located somewhere in between The Citadel and the Nymphwoods. The population is mostly Tiefling, though all other races are welcome with open arms. Their leaders are a white Tiefling woman named Cassandra, and a red Tiefling man named Tenacity. They just happen to be the parents of Problem. The town is known for one of the most expensive and high class brothels in the entirety of Fryst. Most dancers in the land would kill to have just a single class at the Red Lion House.

Background: Charlatan
Personality Traits: I have a joke for every occasion, especially occasions where humor is innapropriate.
Sarcasm and insults are my weapon of choice.
Ideal: Friendship. Material goods come and go. Bonds of friendship last forever.
Bond: Somewhere out there, I have a child who doesn't know me. I'm making the world a better place for her.
Flaw: I can't resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.

How you were recruited for Taskforce Ragnarok: I swindled one of their members, and I guess they didn't like that very much. I was caught, arrested, and given a choice. I could work for them or rot in prison. I chose to work for them.

Character background: Born as Dimitri Everguard to the leaders of the town of Darkheart, Cassandra and Tenacity Everguard. His parents were incredibly strict. If he didn't do his chores, he didn't get to eat. Punishments were doled out for even the smallest rule breaks. He had attempted to run away to the Red Lion House no less than six times before even hitting double digits. Eventually his parents gave up on keeping him in the house. At least the brothel was still in town. For about six years he spent his days at the brothel. For the most part he worked there as a servant of sorts, cleaning rooms and fetching things for the dancers, things of that nature. But he found that he was quite fond of playing music and dancing. As a teenager he even took a few customers, taking on a new name like most of the brothel's inhabitants did. Choosing to call himself Problem Child, because that's what he was. His learned knowledge of people would prove to be useful in the years to come.

At sixteen he decided it was time for him to leave home. He packed his bags and left Darkheart. He quickly learned that he needed gold to survive, and so he began to make a living by playing music, dancing, and providing pleasure to those who wanted it. Though the work was inconsistent at best. He found it much more useful to use the skills of body language and manipulating the mind to get his coin. For three years he bounced from place to place, running schemes. Three months after a night with a pretty Elven woman, he got a letter from her. She had been told she was infertile, but their meeting had still ending up taking fruit. Problem was going to be a father. Suddenly his whole life changed. He wasn't just making money for himself anymore, he had an accidental family, but a family nonetheless. He would be sure to take care of them. Most of the money he made went to her and unborn child. Which meant he had to start doing bigger and more elaborate schemes to provide for them.

One day he made a huge mistake. The scheme he pulled went flawlessly, but he soon learned that he had swindled the wrong person. Taskforce Ragnarok wasn't happy that he had stolen from one of their own. Within days he was hunted down and captured. But instead of killing or imprisoning him, they gave him a choice. Work for them, use those skills of his for a good cause, or they would throw him in prison. There was only one choice for Problem to make with a family to look after. Problem chose to become a member.

Last edited by ColorsOfTheHeart; 08-04-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:11 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8214
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Old 08-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1233
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Alright, application is complete!
Old 08-03-2019, 04:51 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 656
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Posting interest

Dwarf tempest cleric . . . worked the airships and rode the storms but a great fall left his back twisted and hunched and with a fear of flying.

PS: What kind of airship? Dirigible type? Heavier than air prop planes? Giant air jellyfish harnessed to wicker baskets? If you already have this figured out, let me know. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:58 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 130
Lyserg Bandolia Lyserg Bandolia
Posting for interest, will work on a character idea tonight!
Old 08-03-2019, 06:02 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Old 08-03-2019, 06:07 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
Posting interest

Dwarf tempest cleric . . . worked the airships and rode the storms but a great fall left his back twisted and hunched and with a fear of flying.

PS: What kind of airship? Dirigible type? Heavier than air prop planes? Giant air jellyfish harnessed to wicker baskets? If you already have this figured out, let me know. Thanks.
This is what a Dwarven airship would resemble in Fryst:

Old 08-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisRising View Post
@Evandis
Would you allow Sea Sorcery or Storm Sorcery as her sorcerous origin?
I would be okay with sea sorcery, but storm sorcery would not really work so much, without giving away details, you would not be able to control anything about the ice age you are engulfed in.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:17 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanshiiWithWulfs View Post
Application, Ready for Feedback
right-aligned image
Name: Soley Vittblum

Last edited by Evandis; 08-03-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:52 PM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1985
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Old 08-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Old 08-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8214
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac