RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 07:36 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 331
Evandis Evandis Evandis Evandis
Old 08-03-2019, 09:15 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 93
OsirisRising
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evandis View Post
I would be okay with sea sorcery, but storm sorcery would not really work so much, without giving away details, you would not be able to control anything about the ice age you are engulfed in.
If you mean Storm Guide, I won't mind replacing it with something else that does not control the weather. If that's not an option, I'll go with Sea Sorcery.
Storm GuideAt 6th level, you gain the ability to subtly control the weather around you.

If it is raining, you can use an action to cause the rain to stop falling in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on you. You can end this effect as a bonus action.

If it is windy, you can use a bonus action each round to choose the direction that the wind blows in a 100-foot-radius sphere centered on you. The wind blows in that direction until the end of your next turn. This feature doesn't alter the speed of the wind.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisRising View Post
If you mean Storm Guide, I won't mind replacing it with something else that does not control the weather. If that's not an option, I'll go with Sea Sorcery.
Storm GuideAt 6th level, you gain the ability to subtly control the weather around you.

If it is raining, you can use an action to cause the rain to stop falling in a 20-foot-radius sphere centered on you. You can end this effect as a bonus action.

If it is windy, you can use a bonus action each round to choose the direction that the wind blows in a 100-foot-radius sphere centered on you. The wind blows in that direction until the end of your next turn. This feature doesn't alter the speed of the wind.
What is your proposal to replace it with?
Old 08-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
OsirisRising
It's just a first idea, but how about something like

Storm Friend
Visibility is never reduced for you by rain. When an air effect would move you, you gain advantage on the saving throw, If it is unsuccessful, you still reduce the distance you are moved by half.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:11 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Change it to snow, otherwise it will be generally an empty ability and I am fine with it.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
OsirisRising
I see, I should have thought about that Ok, thanks, I will update the application.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:04 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2374
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Submitted my application for review! Feedback welcome!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 08-04-2019, 11:05 AM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Application: Complete

The Crimson Knight
right-aligned image

Name: Talus Alizarin

Last edited by Evandis; 08-04-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey

Old 08-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Evandis; 08-04-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:06 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics

Old 08-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Old 08-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8214
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Application Status: Waiting for Review
The White Raven
right-aligned image
”Soren Voidsword”

Name: Soren Voidsword
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Monk (2) / Cleric (1) (or Monk (3) at start… not certain yet which… may depend on group composition when beginning).
Alignment: Good
Deity: Selune

Appearance: 6’1”, around 200 lbs of lean muscle, snow-white hair, pale skin, dressed in warm but light clothing.

Hometown: Village on the Northern border of the Nymphwoods, Silberdorf. While the village is mostly unremarkable, and small enough that many would consider it a lost-cause given the difficulty of not only living in a world covered with ice and in proximity to a wood infamous for its dark tragedies, Silberdorf has garnered renown almost exclusively for a single resident who lives by a title more than a name: The Raven Queen.

Under her watchful protection, the village is governed by a small council who advise the Queen on decisions and courses of action, as well as managing the academy located within its gated walls. For the Winter’s Feather Academy is known across the lands as producing some of the most exceptional combatants across the land. Mercenaries who state they were trained from this place of learning easily find employment within many lord’s private armies, or even serve as the most elite bounty hunters in the land. Not exclusive to those martially inclined, the Academy is known to train spellcasters, and even offer an extensive library for those more inclined to research, although with a more martial leaning.

Silberdorf is also known for being an intensely pious community, but in a more unique manner than most human compounds. Rather than worshipping either Selune or Shard, The Raven Queen has imposed a form of worship which prioritizes finding the balance between the two deities, for whether one moon remains or one has fallen, in the end we are all nothing more than dust upon the wind. Superstitions across the land will sometimes refer to the Raven Queen and her devotees as a death cult, branding them as a heretical sect of nefarious plotters. Those with a more open mind can see that those of Silberdorf honor the passing of life from this cold-world into the next, and the process of grieving and mourning that supports those loved ones left behind.

In order to receive training at the Academy, one must show an appreciation for this distinction: while the Winter’s Feather Academy trains its students to become deadly, and use its Arts to impart death on those they face, they must always respect the passing of their foes, and recognize that their time will eventually come soon as well. Those with a critical eye who have some understanding of the training surmise that the graduates of this Academy become so highly skilled and renowned because they no longer fear the threat of death in the face of opposition, and as a result, have the potential to achieve more with their actions than many similarly trained.

Background: Outlander
Personality Traits (2): I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t save you from a hungry owlbear.
Ideal (1): Change. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it. (Chaotic)
Bond (1): I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it.
Flaw (1): Violence is my answer to almost any challenge.

How you were recruited for Taskforce Ragnarok: Soren spent some time after leaving Silberdorf in The Citadel, and more specifically the fighting pits in its shadowed underbelly. It was a worthwhile way to make coin at the time, and provided him with enough challengers to keep his fighting form. During a bout with a previous champion, Drogo, who went undefeated before he retired from the fighting ring, Soren was soundly defeated where previously he was considered a top-ranked fighter in the Pit’s stable. Drogo was in fact entering the fighting tournament to recruit new members for the Ragnarok Taskforce. A member of the mage council, Alistair, visited Soren after the fight, impressed with how long he lasted against Drogo, and offered him the opportunity to join the taskforce. Soren agreed, if he’d have a chance to train and fight against Drogo once more in the future. With the agreement set, a new course was plotted for Soren’s future.

Character background: Born under a Full Moon, on a day when there was a tremor in the earth, Soren came into the world as a child of destiny. His auspicious birth symbolized both Selune and Shar (the fallen sister moon) had taken notice of Soren’s birth, something the Raven Queen herself knew must warrant her own attentions.

Part of the community’s tradition in Silberdorf is to foster the growth of particularly gifted children. It is considered a great honor for a parents’ child to be chosen in this way, bringing great honor to the village, and prestige to the family the child is born from. Thus, Soren’s family name was stripped, and he was taken at an early age to train within the Academy. Part of maintaining the village’s defense and prestige is offering student positions to those born within the village, whereas all outsiders must go through a rigorous application process before they are permitted to learn.

Soren’s natural abilities prompted many of the teachers to secretly recognize that he was a prodigee of martial combat, able to read the ebb and flow of a fight, and effortlessly adapt and react to the situation. He was a very observant child, which only grew as he did. Few were able to surprise the young boy, and even fewer picked up on the details he did. He was also surprisingly pious, and idolized the Raven Queen and her many accomplishments. While all in the village would lay their lives for her in an instant, Soren read all of her treatise on combat, tactics, and what history could be gleaned from the library at the Academy.

Nicknamed the “White Raven”, it was a badge he wore of honor, his unusually snow-white hair enough to warrant the name, along with his complete devotion to the Queen herself. During her visits to the Academy, she would tease him with the name to attempt distractions during training bouts, at first as a lesson to never be distracted. In time, it served to reinvigorate Soren during difficult training sessions.

The Raven Queen took such an interest in the young boy, she decided that she would personally train him in the use of the longsword and longbow, recognizing that his abilities in hand to hand combat could potentially become limiting if other battlefield tactics were used.

It was towards the completion of his training that Soren suffered a horrible vision during a dream:

The world covered in snow, much as it was now, but it was grey… bending over to feel at his feet, it was not cold, the sensation was different. The wind that blew on his face felt hot and dusty. Pulling his fingers away from what he thought was snow, he discovered to be ash. Glancing upon the horizon, he saw only obscured mist, and the sound of the wind moaning upon the tundra.

Glancing down upon the ground where he pulled the ash away, he saw that the ground was uneven, bumping in parts even. Bending over to uncover more of the ash, he discovered he was standing not upon earthen ground, but burial mounds, skeletal remains, and worse. Where one might find water bubbling to the surface of a broken ice lake, dark liquid rose forth, mixing with the ash. Blood pools erupted from the ground, and a giant eruption of darkness not 100 feet off rose into the sky, coalescing and forming into a humanoid figure, looming above, and reaching out towards the moon, just barely visible through the ashen sky.

It grasped ahold of the luminescent sphere, and Soren reached back to draw his longsword from its scabbard. As he did, the blade was pitchblack, devoid of any light or reflection, and he charged forward, screaming at the top of his lungs to bring down the monstrous creature before him. Just before he reached it, he awoke from his dream, sweat covering his body despite the chill of the night.

When he spoke to the Raven Queen of his vision, she considered it for a long while, and nodded. She believed it may be a sign of things to come, a message from Selune or even Shar, and advised Soren to find his own path, to find meaning in what this meant.

As he graduated from the Academy and was sent forth into the world, the Raven Queen granted Soren a surname, Voidsword. She told him he should continue to train, but resist the urge to rely on his sword for combat. His vision was enough to make her believe, if he drew his sword to slay an enemy, perhaps it was a sign that end times would arrive soon.

So it was that Soren Voidsword became a wandering mercenary. Offering his services to those who could pay his fee, and accomplishing much on his way to The Citadel where other contracts could be found and carried out. It is there that he fought with Drogo, and met the mage, Alistair, who recruited him into the Ragnarok Taskforce.

Last edited by MontageManiac; 08-06-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:32 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontageManiac View Post
Application Status: Waiting for Review
The White Raven
right-aligned image
”Soren Voidsword”

Name: Soren Voidsword
Not sure if it is just the way it's written that is confusing me, but just want to point out that Selune is the fallen and not Shar.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
TwoOld TwoOld

Name: Braxton Snowbound
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Cleric (Tempest)
Alignment: Mostly Good
Deity: Zeus

Appearance: Medium height and moderately muscled. Braxton is 25 years old, but appears older, having spent his adult years in the harsh conditions of the wildlands.
Background: Hermit
Personality Traits: My mother had something wise to say on every topic, and I am eager to share that wisdom.
I connect everything that happens to me to a grand, cosmic plan.
Ideal: Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress
Bond: My isolation gave me insight into a great evil that only I can destroy.
Flaw: I’d risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge

Hometown
Roughly translated from Sindarin meaning "North Edge"For reena is a moderately-sized trading center at the edge of the fertile zone of the northern continent. Originally constructed as one of a series of guard posts to keep wildlanders out of the verdant lands, it doubled as a trading post, having the most convenient access to the northern inland wastes. Over the course of centuries, For reena grew into a small town centered on trade.

Because fertile land on Fryst is so rare, buildings in For reena are built to be tall, rather than sprawling. Over time this has led to strict prohibitions against building homes in the fertile zone, such that now almost all common homes in For reena are built in the adjacent wild lands, and are nothing but squat hovels mostly dug into the permafrost. Only the elves who live in the city and own the businesses live in the spring climate, having floors dedicated to living space above their places of business. Non-elves are resentful that the restrictions imposed by the mandate to “Preserve the Land” seem to effectively apply only to them, not to the elves who live in relative luxury in the city proper.

Recruitment to Taskforce Ragnarok
Character background:
Hermitage: Braxton was raised in an underground hovel in A truncated version of said nan imya, stemming from the sardonic phrase "separate but equal"said, a ghetto on the snowy outskirts of For reena. As he came into his early adulthood, the young human grew increasingly frustrated with the socially-stratified nature of the city, and became simultaneously enamored of the wild-living “barbarians” who came to trade. Following the death of his mother (may the Moonmaiden watch over her) to a fever just before his 18th birthday, Braxton left said for the last time and established a simple homestead for himself in the wilds near For reena.

Calling: Over the next seven years Braxton contemplated the idea of Justice almost to the point of obsession. At first his thoughts tended toward anger at the elves of For reena, but over time his focus shifted to a larger view; the loss of seasons on Fryst brought about by a war between gods. That was the ultimate injustice. Then came The Calling and wondrous new magical abilities, followed by meditation--with no little Divine Inspiration—into the nature of Fryst’s troubles. Braxton is horrified at the implications of what he has discovered.

Recruitment: Braxton used his magical abilities to protect a traveling caravan from a pack of ravenous wolves. Jindarlis, a member of the Mage’s Guild was traveling with the caravan and was impressed both with Braxton’s control over an elemental spell, but also with his forbearance in choosing to chase the wolves off rather than causing them undue harm. Seeing the value in a powerful spellcaster who could also heal others, Jindarlis offered him the opportunity to help investigate mysteries of global import. This meshed nicely with Braxton’s avenues of personal inquiry.

Last edited by TwoOld; 08-04-2019 at 08:29 PM.