RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2374
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 08-04-2019, 11:51 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2155
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Chester Dunbaerl
right-aligned image

Name: Chester Dunbaerl
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Gunslinger)
Alignment: Mostly Good
Deity: none

Appearance: Chester is not one for fancy attire or ornamentation. Everything about him, from his short-trimmed hair to his clothing and armor are all functional. He usually wears a pistol at each hip and a rifle either in his hand or on his back. When on assignment, he also wears a large sword in a sheath on his back as well. Although he rarely had cause to wield it, he thinks it foolish to rely solely on weapons that require ammunition.

Hometown: Citadel

Background: Soldier
Traits (2): I’m always polite and respectful. I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideal (1): I do what I must and obey just authority.
Bond (1): My honor is my life.
Flaw (1): I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.

How you were recruited for Taskforce Ragnarok:A man that was being pursued for having killed several people within the Citadel was also apparently being pursued by the Mage's Guild. They had him cornered, but he pulled out a wand. Bolts of blue arcane energy began arching through the air, striking the two men that had him surrounded.

A 'bang' rang through the air followed by something striking the man's shoulder. Chester moved closer to get a better shot, but the man, despite the pain, was already raising his wand, a determined look on his face. Another shot rang out and the man's hand holding the wand exploded in a burst of blood and bones. Through his pain and rage, he saw Chester standing closer now, a weapon of some kind leveled in his direction, the remnants of smoke drifting away. The words of a spell began forming on the man's lips, desperate now to destroy his foe. In the blink of an eye, Chester drew the pistol from his other holster and fired again, this time striking the main in the chest. He was dead before he hit the ground. Chester was offered the job before the day was out.

Character background: Chester was born within the walls of Citadel. His father served with distinction on the city guard, so it was to no one's surprise when Chester enlisted as soon as he was of age.

He loved the regimented and structured life of the military and quickly rose within their ranks. Unlike his father, who was a renowned swordsman in his own right, Chester found that he excelled and had a passion for the crossbow. The mechanics of the device intrigued him and it did not hurt that he could hit targets at range repeatedly with precision.

Years wore on and despite his parents' insistence that he make for himself a family, he was hopelessly devoted to his career and would often spend long hours into the night tinkering with ideas and drawing schematics for improvements to his crossbow. But, it was a chance meeting with an alchemist that changed his life forever.

The man, for some coin, agreed to show Chester how to create a powder that, when ignited, created a small explosion. His mind was abuzz with how he might enhance his crossbow. It was nearly a year later that Chester had abandoned the ideas for his crossbow and came to the conclusion that he could propel an object out a tube by igniting a small amount of the powder from the opposite end. His first working rifle was created a year later.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 08-05-2019 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-05-2019, 03:17 AM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1985
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Old 08-05-2019, 07:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 208
Drager Drager Drager
I think Ukani is now complete.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:36 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19
ErebusLegion
APPLICATION

Name: Balthazar Stormbreather
Race: Blue Dragonborn
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Good "ish"

Appearance: Balthazar's scales are a dull navy blue color with slight streaks of teal that peak out from between the scales that line this Dragonborns body. Scars mark the front and back of his muscled structure where signs of torture and battles can be seen. His gold eyes are always searching his surroundings for possible threats.

Hometown: Originally an orphan, Blathazar has taken to calling anywhere he can rest his head home.

Background: Traveling Merchant/Assassin
Personality Trait 1: odd, will often times eat things because he thinks it tastes good.
Personality Trait 2: always looking out for himself unless he sees someone worse off than he.
Ideal (1): no one should suffer at the hands of others
Bond (1): Bludtooth the Generous (former mentor and guardian)
Flaw (1): Untrusting of those around him.

How you were recruited for Taskforce Ragnarok: A nondescript letter was sent to Balthazar regarding the task force and the need for "people of his particular skills." Sounded like a good opportunity.

Character background: Orphaned at a young age, Balthazar was taken under the wing of a traveling merchant known by the name Bludtooth the Generous. Bludtooth, a mortal man, began teaching Balthazar how to barter and trade, how to secure inventory when starting out new somewhere, and how to talk to other merchants in order to secure discounts.
One evening after packing his goods and earnings for the day, Balthazar overheard some commotion in a side alley. Investigating the sound Balthazar stumbled upon the sight of an elf being stabbed to death while a gloved hand muffled his cries. The assailant, too engrossed in his deed, didn't see the furious Dragonborn lunge at him and was thrown from his feet. As Balthazar turned his attention to the elf, a merchant by the name of Barnes, a hooded figure approached. The elf laying dead in his arms gave way to a primal feeling and Balthazar turned his gaze toward the attacker and breathed his first breathe of lightning. The assassin flew back hitting a wall and landing hard on the stone pavement. His hood fell from his head revealing the face of Bludtooth. Balthazar, confused and angry, rushed to his aid but the damage had been done.
Without the use of one of his legs and unable to carry out his contracts, Bludtooth began teaching Balthazar how to be an assassin, and Balthazar took to it faster than he took to being a merchant. Balthazar had found his calling.

Last edited by ErebusLegion; 08-05-2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Misinterpreted the recruitment section
Old 08-05-2019, 03:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7726
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Eirik Hegstad

Race: Human Variant

Class: Druid (Circle of the Shepherd if approved)

Alignment: Mostly Bad

Deity: Shar

Appearance: Tall and lanky, Eirik keeps his hair sheared close with a long light brown beard that is rarely trimmed or tamed. His skin is tattooed in the Runes of Shar, ritualistic symbols that are said to connect the druid to the goddess. He wears the skins of a golden bear he hunted and killed, its hide left at the bottom of a fetid and rank pool sacred to his people known as the Pits of Contemplation.

Hometown: The Morass of Misery or as it is known by those who live there, Shardalen, Shar's waters. There is one place some may call a city but is in reality a holy site dedicated to Shar, the Sunken Temple. It is a large stone structure that is partially submerged in the grasping mud of the bog in which it was built. Pilgrimages to the temple keep a constant flow of people in the town that has sprung up around it to cater to the travelers. Most other residents of the swamp live in family groups scattered about the marsh.

Background: Outlander

Personality Traits (2): I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear.

I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.

Ideal (1): The strongest are meant to rule.

Bond (1): An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me.

Flaw (1): There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

Character background: Life in the Morass of Misery was never easy and Eirik was not from a prominent family so eking out a life among the muck and mud was always going to be the best one of his status could hope for. His abilities and oneness with nature made this social situation untenable as he found himself better suited at survival than some of those who claimed to be his betters. In an attempt to rise in status, he attempted to convince a female of a family in good standing within the people of Shardalen. His overtures were rebuffed and in a fit of rage, he transformed into a panther and mauled the girl close to her death. He was able to escape the swamp and found himself in more civilized country. With little skill for city living, he found mercenary work more to his liking.

How you were recruited for Taskforce Ragnarok: As hired muscle, Eirik found himself working a variety of jobs both noble and devious until luck would find himself in the employ of Taskforce Ragnarok. One of his 'noble' jobs was performed to the benefit of a member of the Mage's Guild and Eirik had set himself apart from his fellow mercenaries in the proficiency with which he had carried out his work. Having little information about any of the other 'tasks' Eirik had performed prior, he was suggested as a possible addition to Taskforce Ragnarok. Had they done a bit more research on the man, they may have taken pause before accepted him into their ranks. He is far more callous and hostile than most of their members but there could be no doubting the results of his work.

Last edited by tomplum; 08-07-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 331
Evandis Evandis Evandis Evandis
Update: Game has been approved. When I get home from work I will go through the new apps and give feedback and respond to any questions.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:05 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoOld View Post

Name: Braxton Snowbound
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Cleric (Tempest)
Deity: Zeus

Appearance: Medium height and moderately muscled. Braxton is 25 years old, but appears older, having spent his adult years in the harsh conditions of the wildlands.
Background: Hermit
Personality Traits: My mother had something wise to say on every topic, and I am eager to share that wisdom.
I connect everything that happens to me to a grand, cosmic plan.
Ideal: Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress
Bond: My isolation gave me insight into a great evil that only I can destroy.
Flaw: I’d risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge

Hometown
Roughly translated from Sindarin meaning "North Edge"For reena is a moderately-sized trading center at the edge of the fertile zone of the northern continent. Originally constructed as one of a series of guard posts to keep wildlanders out of the verdant lands, it doubled as a trading post, having the most convenient access to the northern inland wastes. Over the course of centuries, For reena grew into a small town centered on trade.

Because fertile land on Fryst is so rare, buildings in For reena are built to be tall, rather than sprawling. Over time this has led to strict prohibitions against building homes in the fertile zone, such that now almost all common homes in For reena are built in the adjacent wild lands, and are nothing but squat hovels mostly dug into the permafrost. Only the elves who live in the city and own the businesses live in the spring climate, having floors dedicated to living space above their places of business. Non-elves are resentful that the restrictions imposed by the mandate to “Preserve the Land” seem to effectively apply only to them, not to the elves who live in relative luxury in the city proper.

Recruitment to Taskforce Ragnarok
Character background:
Hermitage: Braxton was raised in an underground hovel in A truncated version of said nan imya, stemming from the sardonic phrase "separate but equal"said, a ghetto on the snowy outskirts of For reena. As he came into his early adulthood, the young human grew increasingly frustrated with the socially-stratified nature of the city, and became simultaneously enamored of the wild-living “barbarians” who came to trade. Following the death of his mother (may the Moonmaiden watch over her) to a fever just before his 18th birthday, Braxton left said for the last time and established a simple homestead for himself in the wilds near For reena.

Calling: Over the next seven years Braxton contemplated the idea of Justice almost to the point of obsession. At first his thoughts tended toward anger at the elves of For reena, but over time his focus shifted to a larger view; the loss of seasons on Fryst brought about by a war between gods. That was the ultimate injustice. Then came The Calling and wondrous new magical abilities, followed by meditation--with no little Divine Inspiration—into the nature of Fryst’s troubles. Braxton is horrified at the implications of what he has discovered.

Recruitment: Braxton used his magical abilities to protect a traveling caravan from a pack of ravenous wolves. Jindarlis, a member of the Mage’s Guild was traveling with the caravan and was impressed both with Braxton’s control over an elemental spell, but also with his forbearance in choosing to chase the wolves off rather than causing them undue harm. Seeing the value in a powerful spellcaster who could also heal others, Jindarlis offered him the opportunity to help investigate mysteries of global import. This meshed nicely with Braxton’s avenues of personal inquiry.
App looks great, only feedback I have to offer is that while For reena (For'reena?) may be elf dominated and run it would not be a location under dominion of the Elven Isles and would receive no true support from them.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
Chester Dunbaerl
right-aligned image

Name: Chester Dunbaerl
Race: Human
Class: Fighter (Gunslinger)

Appearance: Chester is not one for fancy attire or ornamentation. Everything about him, from his short-trimmed hair to his clothing and armor are all functional. He usually wears a pistol at each hip and a rifle either in his hand or on his back. When on assignment, he also wears a large sword in a sheath on his back as well. Although he rarely had cause to wield it, he thinks it foolish to rely solely on weapons that require ammunition.

Hometown: Citadel

Background: Soldier
Traits (2): I’m always polite and respectful. I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideal (1): I do what I must and obey just authority.
Bond (1): My honor is my life.
Flaw (1): I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.

How you were recruited for Taskforce Ragnarok:A man that was being pursued for having killed several people within the Citadel was also apparently being pursued by the Mage's Guild. They had him cornered, but he pulled out a wand. Bolts of blue arcane energy began arching through the air, striking the two men that had him surrounded.

A 'bang' rang through the air followed by something striking the man's shoulder. Chester moved closer to get a better shot, but the man, despite the pain, was already raising his wand, a determined look on his face. Another shot rang out and the man's hand holding the wand exploded in a burst of blood and bones. Through his pain and rage, he saw Chester standing closer now, a weapon of some kind leveled in his direction, the remnants of smoke drifting away. The words of a spell began forming on the man's lips, desperate now to destroy his foe. In the blink of an eye, Chester drew the pistol from his other holster and fired again, this time striking the main in the chest. He was dead before he hit the ground. Chester was offered the job before the day was out.

Character background: Chester was born within the walls of Citadel. His father served with distinction on the city guard, so it was to no one's surprise when Chester enlisted as soon as he was of age.

He loved the regimented and structured life of the military and quickly rose within their ranks. Unlike his father, who was a renowned swordsman in his own right, Chester found that he excelled and had a passion for the crossbow. The mechanics of the device intrigued him and it did not hurt that he could hit targets at range repeatedly with precision.

Years wore on and despite his parents' insistence that he make for himself a family, he was hopelessly devoted to his career and would often spend long hours into the night tinkering with ideas and drawing schematics for improvements to his crossbow. But, it was a chance meeting with an alchemist that changed his life forever.

The man, for some coin, agreed to show Chester how to create a powder that, when ignited, created a small explosion. His mind was abuzz with how he might enhance his crossbow. It was nearly a year later that Chester had abandoned the ideas for his crossbow and came to the conclusion that he could propel an object out a tube by igniting a small amount of the powder from the opposite end. His first working rifle was created a year later.
Overall application is great, I would like if this character is the inventor of the firearm in this setting rather than there being more out there at this time. If that is okay with you?
Old 08-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErebusLegion View Post
APPLICATION

Name: Balthazar Stormbreather
Race: Blue Dragonborn
Class: Rogue
Alignment: Good "ish"

Appearance: Balthazar's scales are a dull navy blue color with slight streaks of teal that peak out from between the scales that line this Dragonborns body. Scars mark the front and back of his muscled structure where signs of torture and battles can be seen. His gold eyes are always searching his surroundings for possible threats.

Hometown: Originally an orphan, Blathazar has taken to calling anywhere he can rest his head home.

Background: Traveling Merchant/Assassin
Personality Trait 1: odd, will often times eat things because he thinks it tastes good.
Personality Trait 2: always looking out for himself unless he sees someone worse off than he.
Ideal (1): no one should suffer at the hands of others
Bond (1): Bludtooth the Generous (former mentor and guardian)
Flaw (1): Untrusting of those around him.

How you were recruited for Taskforce Ragnarok: A nondescript letter was sent to Balthazar regarding the task force and the need for "people of his particular skills." Sounded like a good opportunity.

Character background: Orphaned at a young age, Balthazar was taken under the wing of a traveling merchant known by the name Bludtooth the Generous. Bludtooth, a mortal man, began teaching Balthazar how to barter and trade, how to secure inventory when starting out new somewhere, and how to talk to other merchants in order to secure discounts.
One evening after packing his goods and earnings for the day, Balthazar overheard some commotion in a side alley. Investigating the sound Balthazar stumbled upon the sight of an elf being stabbed to death while a gloved hand muffled his cries. The assailant, too engrossed in his deed, didn't see the furious Dragonborn lunge at him and was thrown from his feet. As Balthazar turned his attention to the elf, a merchant by the name of Barnes, a hooded figure approached. The elf laying dead in his arms gave way to a primal feeling and Balthazar turned his gaze toward the attacker and breathed his first breathe of lightning. The assassin flew back hitting a wall and landing hard on the stone pavement. His hood fell from his head revealing the face of Bludtooth. Balthazar, confused and angry, rushed to his aid but the damage had been done.
Without the use of one of his legs and unable to carry out his contracts, Bludtooth began teaching Balthazar how to be an assassin, and Balthazar took to it faster than he took to being a merchant. Balthazar had found his calling.
I like the character idea and would love for you to incorporate the traits, bonds and flaws into your background. However, for that actual section of the application I would like people to use the ones found in the PHB on page 143 in chapter 5 (or if there is another book with a background you are eyeing, let me know the book and I can review it and approve it or not). Would be nice to finally have a Dragonborn to flesh out in the world.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:21 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
TwoOld TwoOld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evandis View Post
App looks great, only feedback I have to offer is that while For reena (For'reena?) may be elf dominated and run it would not be a location under dominion of the Elven Isles and would receive no true support from them.
Makes sense. I also agree For'reena looks better. I put "north edge" through a Sindarin translator and it spit out "for reena," but it doesn't look very "elven."
Old 08-06-2019, 06:29 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2155
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Quote:
Overall application is great, I would like if this character is the inventor of the firearm in this setting rather than there being more out there at this time. If that is okay with you?
Yes, perfectly fine. I currently have it written that way, figuring it gives you more control over the direction of the invention.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:39 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8214
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Quote:
Not sure if it is just the way it's written that is confusing me, but just want to point out that Selune is the fallen and not Shar.
Oooh ok. I was thinking since Selune is goddess of moon, and there’s a moon in the sky, she’d represent that. And since Shar is her sister, and a twin moon fell long ago, it seemed appropriate for that to represent the goddess of darkness. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

Really excited to work on the additional stuff you wanted soon too!

Last edited by MontageManiac; 08-06-2019 at 06:39 AM.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:26 AM
Gazebo Destroyer

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontageManiac View Post
Oooh ok. I was thinking since Selune is goddess of moon, and there’s a moon in the sky, she’d represent that. And since Shar is her sister, and a twin moon fell long ago, it seemed appropriate for that to represent the goddess of darkness. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

Really excited to work on the additional stuff you wanted soon too!
So in Fryst they are both twin moon sisters. The names are more or less placeholders until I fully flesh out the deities and give them unique names and histories.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:02 PM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8214
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
@Evandis: Gotcha! Well Soren is going to be more inclined to offer worship to whichever is the "good" sister, but still adheres to the Raven Queen's philosophy of balance between the two, especially when giving respects for funeral rites. Would you like me to... clarify that in the app somehow?