Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 94
DoctorLovePhD
Name: Nyssa

Race: Human (Fey Magic alternate trait)

Alignment: true neutral

Class: Vigilante (a reflavour here is fine, mostly after the talents)/Feysworn

Party Role: Dirtywork doer, plausibile deniability creator, infiltrator. Secondary role of tank is easy to add.

Appearance:
*** Social: not particularly striking, easy to miss in a crowd. With soft brown eyes and brown hair, Nyssa tends to dress in simple colours and comfortable fabrics.
*** Vigilante: fairly androgynous, with high cheeckbones, long fingers, and pale skin, and blood red hair, Nyssa turns into something from a nightmare.

Personality: Friendly, polite, rather social and at least a little unhinged. Will trust and believe their friends, and do just about everything they can to help the group reach their goals, regardless of what stood in the way.

Background: While wandering through the wilderness, Nyssa found herself staring at the business end of more than a couple swords of assorted length. As she began to fight them off, another traveller joined the fray and assisted her. This gesture, while not entirely necessary, was greatly appreciated and prompted Nyssa to venture further than the forest from which she came.
This foray into more civilised and structured societies has not been without issue. The few friends Nyssa has made have all been due to the other party being able to look past Nyssa's strange behaviours, such as leaving milk or* alcohol in small saucers, and talking to furniture items.

Faction: Wildheart

Weasel, am I counting the boons correctly, in that the "Choose 2" part is on top of the level progression boons?
Additionally, for the "gain the spells of a 1st level bard/wizard" etc, if you then take a prestige class that advances spellcasting, would it be possible to increase the casting ability?
Old 08-05-2019, 08:12 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1678
Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer

The Titanborn faction prefers to use envoys when dealing with the empire. This is due in part because the Wyrm Kings are allied with the empire and the Titanborn hate dragons owing to bad blood from the past. Both require a lot of land and dislike sharing. Giants don't have numbers, so they recruit races with size and girth into their ranks, including large orcs, humans, and so forth. The Titanborn have friendly relations with the Dark Steel Clan, Elemental Enclave, and the Wildheart Court. The chieftains of each race of giants contribute an ambassador to the Titanborn council to run things on a larger scale. Titanborn have a large presence in the north and impede attempts by the Scaled Syndicate at northern expansion. The Titanborn are militaristic, contracting the Dark Steel for arms/armor and magic from the Enclave. Their alliance with the Wildheart grants them better access to food and swifter travel.

Last edited by Weasel Whisperer; 08-05-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2743
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Name: Jamin
Race: Vanara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Class: Hunter (Feral) 1, Ranger (Freebooter, Wilderness Medic) 7
Party Role: Melee/Range Fighter, Craft/skill Monkey, Back up healer
Faction: The Awakened

AppearanceJamin’s long thick mane of fiery orange hair, with streaks of red, encompasses his head, jawline and cheeks while obscuring his dagger shaped ears. His arms, legs and torso, covered in soft lightly colored brownish orange fur, marbled with cherry red spots, are comparable to a small human, a few inches over five feet. His movements are strong and simple with an distinguishable gait due to his hand-like feet. He has a soft, breathy voice with a slight hoo sound following the end of most sentences. His visible skin, promoted by his long fingers, palms, finger-like toes, soles of his feet, a triangle face comprising of a flat nose, short bridge rounded tip and wide nostrils, and protruding muzzle with a wide mouth, is dark raven blue. He has almond shaped pale violet eyes that gaze curiously out from underneath thick bushy eyebrows. Jamin emits an odd aroma of mint with a hint of lavender. Violet colored ribbons of various lengths flow from his head, weapons and clothing.

Jamin wears a dark blue hooded one piece with sleeveless top, extended shoulders and pleated skirt-like trousers. His chest and back are protected by a breastplate. His shoulders, arms, back of hands, thighs and shins are protected by separate pieces of armor made with small sized hexagon plates of silver metal attached to each other by small thick cord and sewn to a layer of soft leather still supporting fur. This armor affords fortification without restricting his movements. The armor pieces sit over a shirt of interwoven cord which rests on top of a tight quilt like snakeskin shirt.

On his forearms and thighs are sheaths, created from the leather of bats, containing wooden and iron spikes. On his hip is a wide belt, put together from multiple types of leather, that supports a two quivers, sprouting colorful fletching of arrows, and a few thick pouches. Peeking out over his right shoulder is an unstrung bow made from horns along with a long hilt of a thin sword. His outfit also includes a small backpack secured on a quick released webbed vest made of several pouches and straps, cut thin, made from a flexible leather.

PersonalityJamin is creature of relentless motion. If he is not talking, he is moving about fiddling, cleaning, or crafting; most often doing both. Jamin is a passionate individual; charitable with his laugh and smile, quick to show anger, and easy to shed tears; mainly towards events that deal with animals and the young rather than with adults. Jamin is a relatively cautious person which has carried over to his social life. He is fast at making acquaintances but slow in making friends. Finally, Jamin can be headstrong and has his own ideas on what is righteous.

BackgroundJamin believes he was around three years of age when he had first felt that he was different than the rest of his family and troop. It wasn’t until a few years later that he figured it out as he came across intelligent humanoids.

These humanoids took him under their wing and taught him their language and the use of tools. Jamin soon learned the humanoids called themselves Elves. The Elves called his family monkeys and that he was one of the rare creatures to have ascended. During this time he found another difference from him and his family; he was able to shift his size.

Jamin now able to shift to the same size of the Elves allowed them to advance their training. They taught him how to use weapons, along with the basic teaching of nature’s magic. He learned a few spells and how to adjust his body to match various animals characteristics. Yet, this path didn’t feel right.

The Elves adjusted his training having him focus on fighting with a longbow and then as he moved in closer to switch to a long two handed blade. He learned how to track, differentiate between the multitude of plants and their uses, how to heal, and they introduced him to various crafts.

As the seasons went by Jamin continued his ability to modify his body; now not only could he adjust his body to match certain animal characteristics but he was able to adjust it with the elementals. The Elves took him to the rivers, lakes and seas where he began to form bonds with a selected group of individuals and his voice allowed him to rally them in specific situations.

Even though he was grateful to the Elves he never truly felt at home with them. He left and as he travelled the countryside he eventually ran into others like himself; Awakened.

Last edited by Kshnik; 08-07-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:13 AM
Starchild of Durin I

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1363
ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz ArcaneJazz
Yeesh, I can't compete with all you guys. I'm gonna withdraw.

I'm not even sure this community is right for me lately.

Happy gaming, alla ya!
Old 08-06-2019, 10:57 AM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4147
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Ok, super-interested in this idea. I would LOVE to play an awakened animal. I have a couple questions, though:

What types of animals will you allow?
How will you be handling stats for awakened animals?
I noticed you said no 3rd party, so should I build it using Advanced Race Guide rules? If so, how many RP?
Can an awakened animal have an unintelligent humanoid as a familiar/companion?
Old 08-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer
1. The Animal Companion list is a good place to start, although I won't limit choices.
2. Ability scores for animals will be determined the same as other characters. I have a list of abilities and you put them where you want them.
3. 20 RP
4. Yes, that is possible.
Old 08-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 307
Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf
Just before I start making an app, I would like to ask if a grappler would be of any good, or is the campaign more focused on "Monsters several times larger than us that you have no chance of grappling"?
Old 08-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
There could be a place for a grappler, although I'd diversify a bit more beyond that. The potential fights won't be relegated to big enemies.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 939
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
SP's extremely preliminary submission
Name:
Race:
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class: Witch (Bouda archetype)
Party Role:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
Faction: Silent Coven

For some reason, I've always wanted to play a Bouda, but I've never gotten the chance, since most DMs insist on "no evil characters". I'm at work now, so this placeholder will have to do for the moment. I have the basic concept in mind already, but I'll need to do some thinking to fit it in to the setting.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2743
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Can the Vanara race be counted among the Awakened? If not I can switch.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
Vanara can be counted amongst them given their monkey appearance.

Last edited by Weasel Whisperer; 08-06-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:46 PM
Life
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10530
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio

Bethany "Beth" Fairchild

Race: Changeling
Alignment: LN
Class: Arcanist (Blood Arcanist)
Party Role: Utility, Control

Faction: Sisterhood of Roses
Old 08-06-2019, 09:41 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics

There are 3 days left until the deadline is up, but I can extend the deadline no prob.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
question of Boons. If I read it right, we can replace the Bons of our chosen faction with the generic boons?
Old 08-06-2019, 11:54 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, if you wanted too, you could do that. I don't want to lock people down with boons. If you want to change them, you can. I will say that while you can take some boons more than once, they cannot be taken back to back. Such as: if you have 4 boons, you can't choose the attribute boost for all four. You'd be able to pick attribute boost twice in this case.