RPXP: 1103
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Merlins Mightiest Heroes

Application Applications are now closed

Game NameMerlins Mightiest Heroes
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeHeroic adventure, High Fantasy, Exploration, Homebrew
FlavourHomebew world of Avangard
Plot SummaryYou are a group of assembled heroes brought together by the realms most powerful wizard, Merlin.

In a time of peace and prosperity the ground rumbles with hidden activity and a looming presence of turmoil. Merlin senses the rumblings and is the first to react. Calling forth his champions to investigate.

Oh The Possibilities

Avangard

Nutz and BoltzAll characters are to be based off super heroes of one franchise or another. Not being limited to DC and or Marvel.
Or some type of story book or relative concept. example: Van Helsing, Lion-o, He-Man, etc

Describe your Connection/ Correlation/ Inspiration, to a former or current super hero. This can be as direct or loose as needed, but the idea stands on its own two feet.

I want inspiration and to see possible character builds.

Are you A descendant Of the god of Thunder?
A relative to an alien/celestial life form, capable of enormous feats of strength?
An Amazon princess?
Are you a vengeful noble who lost his parents in a back ally of a bustling metropolis... wait... wrong city Or perhaps a boy bit by a dire spider

Iím looking for youngish characters, who although donít have a lot of life experience will obviously have the boons they have inherited or developed. They will be superior to other races. Undoubtedly faster, stronger, smarter, better equipped.

No PVP

Technology will be mediocre but may progress over the campaign. Magic is high.

Allowed sources: All published material
UA is case by case- make a case and provide me the source to review. Iím not against it.

We will be using 27 point buy.

Starting @level 6

Combat-40%
Social-30%
Exploring -30%

Feats: there are no restrictions on feats/ races. If it aids to your character concept, Iíll allow it
Example: Elven Accuracy can belong to any race, not just elves, if you can justify it

Each character is granted 1 additional feat at level 1 to express their heroicness
Example: human variant will start with 2 feats upon creation

I will not be tracking encumbrance strictly. If it gets out of control, I will say something.
Same goes for regular ammunition.

Please use Field sets. I find them cleaner than a rambled page of paragraphs.

Chosen heroes will need a Stat block attached to posts for game play once accepted. This is your responsibility to track and update.

Posting rate: 2 times per week minimum, quicker if the pace allows

Equipment: 400gp + (1) rare items (1) uncommon items (2) common items

Climate: This will change over the course. Lush forests, Barren deserts, Frozen tundraís and open waters. Its all going to happen.

Selection: I will be selecting 4-5 players but reserve the right to increase or decrease that number as I see fit

Deadline: August 16th

Standards I am not an English major, and thus I do not expect anyone else to be. Writing does not need to be extraordinary, but it cannot be poor or hard to distinguish. Beginner players and writers are as welcome as experienced players and experienced writes. I require neat posts, utilizing field sets and stat blocks to help.

IMPORTANT NOTICEDO NOT ROLL DICE IN RECRUITMENT THREAD

Keep in mindWe will be facing mighty foes, unforgivable traps and mysterious... stuff. I will be looking for party composition, synergy and complimenting each otherís weaknesses as well as strengths.
Thatís not to say I wonít allow numerous characters of the same genre or theme.

There will be environments for each character to thrive and showcase their talents, as well as environments which will make your character absurdly less adequate than another for a particular reason or another. Just because your a Triton with a trident doesnít mean you wonít get utilized.
That said, this is still a 5e campaign and thus we need some semblance of responsibilities and party composition. I wonít be picking 5 melee guys with hammers.

Some of what weíre doing is going to stretch the limits on character building and optimization. I ask everyone to consider the character, not entirely the optimization aspect. I will do what I can to keep it an even playing field for everyone and to keep it fun. We wonít be trying to break the game by any means, in fact at all, but we will be doing some cool stuff.

With all of this power, comes responsibilityI want each character to develop their flaws, bonds and traits well, and follow them. This does not need to be as per a background, but something that would hold true to your character. If you tell me your character hates pirates, I want to see him rip one in half. If they drink too much grandpas cough syrup, play that drunk up. Even superheroís have weaknesses.

This will be a good aligned adventure, full of cheer and hope. That said, Group play is most important here. This story will take Heroes on an epic journey of good and righteousness, so being good is important.

Character Application
What you need to be eligible:
*Illustration/Picture*
Name:
Race:
Class/sub:
Alignment:
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept:
Role in party:
Backstory: limit yourself to 2-3 paragraphs please
Appearance:
Personality:
Extra Feat:
Traits/Bonds/Ideals/Flaw:

A little about mePlayed DnD 3.5 in my youth on table top for 3-4 years. Played online on this site before the rebrand for about 2 years. Left The community entirely for a solid 10 years. Got back into this site 2.5 years ago and going strong.

Iíve never Dmed a game on this site before.
Iím going to make mistakes
Iím not a spelling ace or of the grammar police. Iím here to have fun.
I wonít tolerate nonsense or bad behavior among players. If we canít get along, we will shut it down.
I follow the rule of cool. Weíre gonna have fun, work together and create a cool story

Edits
Trading rare to uncommon and uncommon to common @ 1:2 ratio - Meaning you can forgo your 1 rare item to generate yourself 2 uncommon.

Applications will be closed FRIDAY the 16th

Potential Heroes
 UserCharacterRaceClassBackgroundInspirationStatus
 ShaedeMiseryTieflingRogueUrchinGambitComplete
 Chubbyninja29LeofricVariant Human Monk/RogueUrban Bounty HunterSpidermanComplete
 KhamLucOwlishWightShifterMysticTribe MemberSilver BansheeComplete
 ArkaonPraetorus RexWarforgedPaladin/FighterSoldierOptimus PrimeComplete
 rexlerleppLox KeekwajooHumanBarbarian/FighterSoldierWolverineComplete
 CharlotteAnna ArcannaVariant HumanWizardSageDoctor StrangeComplete
 HirumaThe GadenerDwarfDruidOutlanderRadaghastComplete
 RunetideWillow KnightStronghart HalflingBarbarianOutlanderHollow KnightComplete
 BerithNejat NazliTieflingBladesinger/FighterKnight of the OrderJediComplete
 GaijinGeminiTieflingSorcerer/MysticIezzt EngineerVision/IronmanComplete
 DanshiiWithWulfsLorra LogansdottirVariant HumanMysticHaunted OneWolverineComplete
 JohnStoneRon RammaGoliathEldritch KnightHaunted OneHellboyWIP
 theenglishslugGar Fee'LoíGanWood ElfDruid/MonkHaunted OneBeast BoyComplete
 LazerAnton SheerVariant HumanArtificerGuild ArtisanIron Man Withdrawn
 SalmonMaxThoraHumanFighter/Divine SorcererFolk HeroJane Foster ThorComplete
 penbeast0DorjieAarakocraClericFar TravellerHawk WomanComplete
 rhaiberRei-arashiWarforgedMonkFar TravellerBattle Angel AlitaComplete
 Seekr34Hawk FalconhandHalf ElfFighter/RangerExplorerDove & Florin FalconhandComplete
 AoemSkavaliHalflingBardEntertainerSkull KidComplete
 RedWolfe77Remus AdonnaVariant HumanMonk/WarlockCriminalGambitComplete
 Silent RainDavid AnthonyHumanWarlockCharlatanConstantineComplete
 SarsprillaZeithGnomeWizard/MysticArcheologistPuss in BootsComplete
 saratek187Lauraline HydeVariant HumanRogue/RangerArcheologistTomb RaiderComplete
 Strange2099Rai-JinVariant HumanMonk/SorcererAcolyteRaidenComplete

Last edited by Jrod; 08-17-2019 at 02:39 AM.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2374
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
This is an awesome concept!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 08-06-2019, 03:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 943
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Amen ! you got the gutz to start a game like that ... I got the gutz to die playing it
Application ready

Character Application for OwlishWight
right-aligned image

Name: OwlishWight
Race: Shifter
Class/sub: Mystic if available Mystic files(else Barbarian 2/Cleric 4 with the feat of "magic initiate" link with bard to have message cantrip to communicate)
Alignment: CG (CN while SHift )
Background:Uthgardt tribe member, (the extinct tribe of Doesn't ExistWhiteOwl)
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: SilverBanshee X TheBeast
Role in party: Healer, Crowd control, backup enemy scrambling
limit yourself to 2-3 paragraphs pleaseBackstory: Simonah KalRock was been violently kidnap by The Drow at a young age. After one year of slavery, she tries to escape stabbing a lieutenant that got the key to her cell. As punishment, she has been cut the throat but miraculously survives, and this way, passing the "test of destiny" of the Drow. She gains her freedom but been unable to talk since then. She has developed deep hate against the drow from that day. Only producing some whispering sound at the start of her long healing process. Then shrieking sound later with training. She develope some psychic power that helps her survive in this hostile territory. She has finally been taken care of by an outpost that serves as a watch for a large savage civilization. At that particular moment, she constating that she was returning home. Train by some weird Shaman, she learns to not hate people for what they are... but for what a particular individual DO. He shows her how to develop her psyche to communicate with others directly in their head.

During the years, SHe has been Able to demonstrate her incredible value in any kind of situation in her village. She has been requested to give her help to the central city where she has been since then.

But Yesterday a white owl comes with a message for her. She was requested by the Great Merlin. She was talking to herself" How that man knows about my totem ... I didn't talk in my sleep!" ... She was very comfortable in her territory and wasn't so happy about that kind of long trip but the Chief of the "CentralCity" suggests her strongly to accept and go to see what is all about... so here she is, knocking at Merlin's Door.

Appearance: Humanoid like with some Owl feature. Skin is white with some feather as pilosity. She always wears a Black Leather suit covering half her body
Personality:Usually calm and moving smoothly, she like to think what is the best of action to take, she tries to understand all side of a situation before passing to action. but when dealing with too aggressive behavior near her... She, most of the time, lost control and become unpredictable while she morphs into something more fiendish. (kinda Hulk thinking)
Extra Feat:if class = mystic: ? WIP
If can't have that class I will take magic initiate, link with bard, to put my hand to message cantrip to communicate
Traits:She watch over her friends as if they were the family SHe Never had the time to grow up with
Ideals:Gouroulou always said that life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Bonds: As the last of the WhiteOwl tribe, it's up to me to ensure that the Names enter the Legend.
Flaw: For enlightenment, intoxication permit to lets the body go then the spirit will follow

OOC about this theme applicationI don't know if its the kind of character you are waiting for ... maybe too dark ? give me some advice... I can do something else ... I got many other ideas in bank or can smooth her to be less bestial ... p.s. English is not my first language too ( French is ) I'm here to learn

If Mystic class doesn't fit your setting, I'll change it ... as per shifter race... I'll change it too (( the link to the file are in the first few line of application.

Waiting for your comments

Last edited by KhamLuc; Today at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 108
Aoem Aoem
Skavali Majori

Name: Skavali

Race: Halfling

Class/sub: Bard / College Of Lore

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background: Entertainer

Role in party: Inquisitor, creative problem solver, opportunist, support.

i/c/c
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: A 'Skull Kid' Character concept. . healing from dark connections to the cursed Majora's mask.. once, negativity and vindictive chaos ruled his mind.. But those days are far gone.. Although his time spent in the lost woods seemed irreconcilable to the gentle soul of his true nature.. the lasting impressions of his sinister past have transformed with the supreme Magjick of the Great Faerie.. Skavali is reborn! Now capable and strong, his fiendish personality has morphed to one of compassionate clairvoyance and esteemed empathy.

backstory
Backstory: Skavali wandered from home when young. . into the fey forests. Following a trickster fairy, who alluringly called him ever deeper into the woods.. Lost and entranced for what seemed like lifetimes.. He was alive in a waking dream-state, ever compelled by the music of the mystical fey spirits, and the the Faerie leading him ever deeper into the labyrinthine lost woods. Skavali eventually came to a great tree, and in a cavern under the roots.. He took Majoras' mask from it's ancient resting place. . . Upon donning the mask.. Skavali lost control of his mind.. and relinquished himself to the will of the cruel ecstasy coursing through his veins.. Now Magjickally empowered, he was vindictive and chaotic.. Skavali tormented creatures for many moons.. Writhing in the sick possession of the Masks Curse. . Until one day, Skavali had taken it too far. He hurt his Faerie familiar.. The fey spirit fled to the great faerie.. Where Skavali tracked and found them... The great Faerie saw the mask, and saw the love that brought Skavali to her shrine, in search of his friend.. She realized then that his love broke the concentration of the curse. She took great care to preform a long ritual and bless Skavali with her divine power.. She strengthened and reinforced the power of his love.. Because of his magjickal bonding with the Great Faerie, Skavali is now able to wear the mask without succumbing to any curse at all. Instead he is able to channel his love, and through that, harness the true power of Majoras' mask. Skavali in an ever deepening relationship with the ultimate power of his exotic relic.. But, with his great amount of blessings and reborn self. Skavali is rekindling his relationships with benevolence and compassion. Although he does not take the mask off. . He has found a fantastic way to convey his deepest emotions.. Through Music, dance, and expressive activities.. Skavali has found a fantastical way to temper his illicit past and hone it into a creative force for good! He now travels with a menagerie of circus performers and entertainers.. Seeking grand opportunities in the world, making sincere moments, with best intentions.

Appearance:
The once Haunting Majoras' Mask.. Is now worn as a eccentric prop ..a guise in his expressive personality.. He stands tall, nearly 3 feet 5 inches. Wiry and lean, deft and agile, he moves with coordination and grace.. Wearing a multi-layered tunic of forest green and plum red.. The garmet shifts shades and hues, the mottling of his clothing may blend into shadows and natural scenes. His boots & shoes are laced leather, tanned & curled. .Great for dancing around traps! One might catch the succulent & sweet aromas of huckleberry wine from Skavalis' skin when he sweats.. Ashen blonde dreads fall from the folds where his hooded tunic and mask meet. . A collection of satchels and leather bags contain precious wrapped instruments of entertainment, both musical and visual.. All highlighted by the exotic and memorable expression of Majoras Mask.

Personality:
He is passionate and curious, witty and eccentric. Skavali might use theatrical gestures and expressive sounds to further the meaning of his words. . Often enough, he feels the need to let flow the spirit of the lost woods.. Channeling his mystical energy into the exotic harmony of his Ocarina.. He is fond of making meaningful connections with the world. Skavali has tempered the chaos of his past, into a honed principle, Skavali seeks to embrace the light in innocence. Letting the winds of his passionate and illuminated spirit, guide him to shores of wonder and love.

Traits:
Expressive Talk: When Skavali attempts any persuasive actions.. They are always accompanied by a series of embellished & dramatic movements.. Potential Props (Juggling Balls, silk handkerchiefs, ribbons, Batons)

Lost Boy: Skavali has an excellent time finding his way when lost. Constantly trying to take detailed records of his Travels, he is now elated to be knowing exactly where he is.

Enthusiast: Glee and Laughter are the best remedies for stale and sour talk.. You'll find Skavalli dancing at the opportunity to lighten most all dreary Days.

Masked Man: The Presence of Majoras Mask, is constantly calling sprites and faeries to it's energy. The Blessing of the great faerie can manifest in many peculiar and special ways.

Bonds:
Skavali is pledged to the principle of Love, the cure all for madness. He will do all that he can to further the benevolent harmonies of the world.. He does so in flamboyant and exuberant ways. Traveling with his favorite family of Tribal Circus Folk, has sowed many a seed of adventure and exotic events.. Finding his way into the hearts and minds of those whom he cares for greatly, Skavali honors the truth that released him from his tormented life.

Ideals:
Being an enthusiastic performer, Skavali is fond of embellishment and illusions. Guise and glamour may mask the truth, but Skavali always wishes it to be revealed in one way or another..
As well as anyone might know. Laughter and graciousness can lighten the rain and storms.. Never above seeing the light in his enemies eyes, Skavali will cordially and honestly invite most all enemies to see the good in life.. Even up until their final breathe.

Flaw:
A rekindled spirit of eternal love is burning brightly and Skavali has much mending to attend to. The rebuilding of many burned bridges.. It may seem that he knows innocent love.. But in truth, he is still learning how to channel the life energy of a nurturing heart. . He has many obstacles to overcome until he feels comfortable taking his mask off. Skavali wears a personified Guise, illustrating an immediate impression of joy and mirth, so that his true face may not be the one that makes the first impression.

Extra Feat:
In addition to having the Bountiful Luck of a halfling, Skavali has cultivated a Keen Mind through countless days spent questing through the mysterious and enchanted Lost woods

Last edited by Aoem; 08-16-2019 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
This sounds pretty cool, but I was wondering, what level are we at? Hard to make a character without knowing what level.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:45 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 157
Charlotte Charlotte
I'll throw my hat in for this. I'll cook something up shortly!

My initial idea is a paladin who has a setup similar to Shazam/Billy Batson - a normal person who, with the help of one magical thing (a word, a symbol, etc) becomes a champion for the needy. I'm not 100% sure how this transformation would be modelled, exactly, but a thing to look at might be 13th Age's OUT (One Unique Thing) mechanic, which is a catch-all that lets you attach something unusual to the sheet/concept.

Alternately, how much reskinning or reflavoring of existing races/classes/etc are we allowed to make? If I can reflavor a warforged as something else, such as a living statue, then I could make a Captain America like character who was petrified in a long-ago golden age and has returned (much like King Arthur was rumoured to have returned) as a living stone golem.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited by Charlotte; 08-06-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
This sounds pretty cool, but I was wondering, what level are we at? Hard to make a character without knowing what level.
Hard to believe I missed that, but thanks for pointing it out

We will be starting at level 6. Will edit the original advert.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:31 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 776
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
COMPLETE
right-aligned image

Name: Leofric

Race: Variant Human(human/ettercap)

Class/sub:

Monk 3 /Way of shadow
Rogue 1/ Artificer 2

Alignment: LG

Background: Urban Bounty Hunter

Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: Spider-man is one of my favorite superheros and I have been dying to find a build for him in 5e. Most people only know him from the movies where all he did was web swing, but for super nerds(like myself) he is a well rounded character capable of being whatever role is required. Witty, agile, tortured, sleuthy, sneaky, and lets not forget punchy are just some of the words one could use to describe Spider-man.

Role in party: Mouth, Morale, and front line support

Backstory:

Appearance: Usually dressed in his blue, red, and black spider themed robes to hide his more....unpleasant features.

Personality: Light heart-ted and a bit immature upon first meetings, but determined and straight laced underneath.

Feats:Alert and Athlete

Trait: I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy

Bond: I protect those who can not protect themselves

Ideal: People. I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and
everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I
care.

Flaw: I have a “tell” that reveals when I'm lying.

Items:
Rope of Entanglement (Rare)
Slippers of Spider Climb(uncommon)
Unbreakable Arrow (common)
Walloping Ammunition (common)

Last edited by chubbyninja29; 08-13-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:30 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
right-aligned image

Name: Hawk Falconhand
Race: Half-elf
Class/sub: 4th level Fighter/2nd level Ranger
Alignment: CG
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: Great Grandchild of Dove & Florin Falconhand of the Forgotten Realms

Theme: Legacy - https://youtu.be/TN6MrKi4jvo
Role in party: Fighter & Scout
Backstory: limit yourself to 2-3 paragraphs please It wasn’t easy being a Falconhand. The very name by itself was famous, famous through four generations. It started with his great grandfather Florin Falconhand, a Knight of Myth Drannor and his mother was no slouch either. Dove Silverhand, part of the famous Seven Sisters, also a Knight of Myth Drannor and a ranger. The time when a lone Drow named Drizzt came to the surface and became a great ally and a hero in his own right.

Growing up, his childhood was like any other, but as he gotten a little older, he then began hearing stories of his grandparents. He always thought that everyone on his father’s side were all humans, but he found out that Florin’s mother was a half-elf. Even though others do not show their even heritage like Hawk does, but it was nice feeling that he wasn’t the only one. So, he listened to the stories and history of their exploits.

As he gotten older, he was taught to behave a certain way, treat others a certain way, it was almost like he was from a noble family. Perhaps, in a sense, he was. There was a lot of famed history in his family. He was expected to be a Knight of Myth Drannor. He learned early of sword play and his relatives of his elven mother side taught him the bow. He had the both of both worlds in his opinion, but it wasn’t for him. He wanted to go out on his own and explore the lands and besides, he didn’t want to deal with the pressure of being a Falconhand. So, when he was old enough, he went out on his own and joined a few adventurers on a mission here and there and was making a name for himself when the Great Merlin came calling. He had heard a lot of the Great Eliminster, he wondered who was more powerful.

Anyway, he answered Merlin's call…

Appearance: 6 foot tall even, medium build, emerald green eyes, long rusty red hair that can hide his elven ears, along with a goatee that makes look human. Brown leathers and clothing and knee high boots. A sword sheathed at each hip, a bow at his back and a handaxe sheathed at each thigh. Confident looking and looks like on that can handle himself.
Personality: Easy going and outgoing, able to get along with others. Seeming at peace with himself. Comfortable in a city and out in the wilderness.
Extra Feat: Elven Accuracy
Background: Explorer
Personality Traits: The journey is more exciting than the destination.
Ideals: Second Chances. A new place can mean a fresh start.
Bonds: I explore to experience new and exotic cultures.
Flaw: I consider all new cultures I encounter to be inferior to my own.

Last edited by Seekr34; 08-08-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2150
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posting Interest.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Aoem - I'll admit that its not the "Heroesque" type i was looking for, but its a neat idea and you get props for creativity. Run with it for now and let me think about it a bit longer as the rest of the aps come in. Nice application format, although you are still missing a few aspects that need to be completed.

@Chatlotte
Quote:
I'm not 100% sure how this transformation would be modelled, exactly, but a thing to look at might be 13th Age's OUT (One Unique Thing) mechanic, which is a catch-all that lets you attach something unusual to the sheet/concept.
I'm not opposed to it. If you can generate an application and shoot me a PM maybe we can flesh out just how that would work.

Quote:
Alternately, how much reskinning or reflavoring of existing races/classes/etc are we allowed to make?
I'm leaning heavily on creativity with this entire game, that said I want to hear all the ideas and have the final say. If the mechanics of the class/subclass and character all still work as intended i'm not opposed to heavy re flavoring.

@Silent Rain - Thanks for posting interest. Look forward to seeing your application.

@All - Thanks for the interest and applications so far!

Old 08-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79
rexlerlepp
Lox Keekwajoo
Character ConceptName: Lox Keekwajoo
Race: Human
Class/sub: Barbarian: Path of the Berserker, Lv 5 & Fighter: Battle Master (to be), Lv 1
Alignment: CG
Background: Solider
Role in party: Front line damage dealer
Extra Feat: Dual Wielder
Inspiraction/Correlation/ConceptLox Keekwajoo are the Wabanaki (indigenous peoples of the north eastern US) names for wolverine. Lox (in their belief system) is a malevolent wolverine spirit who usually demonstrates inappropriate social behavior like gluttony, rudeness, impatience, and a bad temper. Obviously from this information and the picture you can tell I'm looking to make a 5eDnD representation of the mutant Wolverine. I am going for a fairly direct connection.
BackstoryLox grew up on the streets of Magadescion. His parents were poor and didn't really care about where he was or what he was doing, so he took that time to roam the streets with a gang of street urchins. It was during this time that he learned if he punched harder than the next guy then he could get his way, so that's what he started doing. As he got order, he started to get involved with more and more violence. Unsavory types started to give him money if he would rough someone up for them. It wasn't long before he was a full-on enforcer for a street gang. Many of the guys in the gang where kids he grew up with and he knew well. They were his mates and he would do just about anything for them. But one day one of them, Aseem, a particularly close friend of Lox's asked him to do a job. The details were sketchy but Lox took the job. During the job Lox found himself beating a man within an inch of his life, while the man's children cowered in the corner terrified. Seeing those kids struck Lox and he couldn't shake the way they looked at him. Even though they were unharmed, their faces continued to haunt him.

After about week of being haunted by these kids Lox joined the military. He figured that he could use his "talents" for good and stop hurting people. During his time in the military he learned how to challenge his rage and his power. He developed a love for wielding two weapons at once and he got a reputation for being a bad tempered and rude soldier. The other soldiers in his unit starting joking about how he must have been raise by wolves because he had little to know social graces.

His particular interest in breaking things and hurting bad people got him noticed fairly quickly by those in charge and it wasn't long before he was being asked to go on more and more dangerous missions. He made a name for himself as a pain in the backside who got things done.
Character DetailsAppearance: A short gruff-looking man who could have stubble to a full brown beard depending on his mood and how long it has been since his last shave. His clothes are practical and he selected them to allow movement and comfort.
Personality: Lox a man of few words. He is direct and to the point. He would rather be clear and open, than subtle. Some would say his manner is rude, as he isn't given to ceremony and he doesn’t suffer fools. His temper is quick to flare up but he is fiercely loyal to his friends.
Traits: I enjoy being strong and like breaking things.
Bonds: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Ideals: Nation. My city, nation, or people are all that matter. (Any)
Flaw: I made a terrible mistake in battle that cost many lives---and I would do anything to keep that mistake secret.

Last edited by rexlerlepp; 08-08-2019 at 06:05 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 943
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
I don't know if its the kind of character you are waiting for ... maybe too dark ? give me some advise ... I can do something else ... I got many other idea in bank
OwlishWight
Old 08-07-2019, 07:55 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 776
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Bit of an update.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:01 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 656
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Dorjie
left-aligned image

Name: Dorjie
Race: Aarakocra
Class/sub: Tempest Cleric
Alignment: L/G

Background: Far Traveller

Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: Hawkgirl (DC Comics)

Role in party: Flying spellcaster with healing and some fighting ability

Backstory: Born to the elite Aarakocra caste in Thanagar , Dorjie and her mate Adym, were raised on the Elemental Plane of Air. ruled by the noble djinn who would see and solve all the problems of the realm with a wish. And yet, the noble djinn in their palaces of glass were troubled. The future was no longer an open book to them, something was preventing them from seeing what problems might arise. And all indications pointed to the Prime Material Plane, that fabled land of earth and water where great heros and great villians arose to trouble all the planes of existence. The djinn themselves would not risk their immortal beings in that land of 4 elements. Instead, from among the beings of their cities, they chose emissaries that were young and open to change and adventure to go forth through a portal based in the City of Thanagar.

Ah, the memories of Thanagar, City of Crystal, where the sun reflects off a hundred faceted towers on a mountain of glass. Dorjie's mother, Sheyera, was a master of the art of making crystals and gave her several gifts to aid her in her voyage to the prime material plane. Lenses to cover her eyes and protect against dust and dirt while granting her far sight while traveling. A Gem that reveals the truth of things seen through it. A crystal embedded in the pommel of her sword that will grant light in darkness to keep her safe. And an orb that always points north so she can find her way home.

When the portal opened from the Elemental Plane of Air to the Prime Material Plane, the winged pair separated to find answers. Adym went to Lunescion to ask answers of the famous Solace Knights. Dorjie sought out the magician Merlin who had come to the Plane of Air years before. The separation was not easy; Aarakocra bond for life and Dorjie felt incomplete without her mate by her side. But, she was not a woman made to sit and home and tend the cookfires. So, when Merlin asked her to join his representatives to seek out and investigate the growing difficulties in the realms of the prime material plane that mirror the prophecies she had come to find, she said tearful goodbyes to her lifemate and set forth in answer to this call.

Appearance: Golden feathered with black tipped winged, Dorjie, while humanoid, shares much of the aspect of a great hawk.

Personality: As an outsider to this realm, Dorjie has moderated her normally fierce and domineering personality to try to listen more and command less. She realizes her knowledge of the realm is imperfect. But, when tensions spill, she can get quite aggressive.

Extra Feat: Warcaster

Traits I begin and end each day with rituals from my homeland; that which I worship is not known or worshiped on this plane.

Bonds Although my duty to my people dictates that I rise to meet this threat, I miss my mate terribly each and every moment.

Ideals I am bound by my strict code of moral duty but try to be respectful of the practices of others so long as they do not cross the line into wrongdoing.

Flaw: I am (hopefully secretly) convinced of the superiority of the ways and lands of my home plane.

Last edited by penbeast0; 08-11-2019 at 06:01 PM.