twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 12:48 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Just as a forward to my application: I'm very, VERY inexperienced with 5th ed and have been trying to get into a game. I've had some really bad experiences and only played like 3-ish game sessions before the GM imploded and left me wondering why people like the game. So... here's hoping! I don't know much about building a hero past level one.

I had been thinking of doing Link, but I have an idea I want to do more... Hollow Knight.

COMPLETE
right-aligned image

Name: The Willow Knight
Race: Strongheart Halfling
Class/sub: Barbarian (Path of the Zealot)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Outlander
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: The knight of Hollow Knight, a Metroidvania-style platform/puzzle/combat game with an amazing level of polish, content and charm.
Items Chosen: Amulet of Health (Rare)1, Cloak of Protection (Uncommon), Clothes of Mending (Common), Dread Helm (Reflavored as his Willow Mask, Common)
Role in party: Agile, combat striker. Navigator/Explorer, knows how to keep quiet and let more charming people do the talking.
Backstory: Once, many years ago, there stood a large grove of sacred willow trees far from normal civilization. Though remote, a small tribe of halflings had taken to living in their branches and had developed a symbiotic relationship with the grove; they protected the trees, and the trees (and their spirit residents) blessed them with healthy, long lives. Symbolic of this were the personal 'spirit masks' that the halflings were gifted by a particular tree, each containing a faint trace of the tree-spirit's soul. For many, many years the 'willow knights' were a rarely spoken rumor told by those who passed by the grove on occasion, though most had the good sense to leave it alone.
It was such a small thing, how it ended. A small droplet, left behind and long buried by a long-dead ancient evil, was stumbled upon by an unsuspecting knight and brought back to the grove. It had taken on the appearance of a seed, and with no ill will, it had been planted. Nothing happened right away, it took several years for the seed to take root and grow, stealing the vitality from the trees around it before it finally sprouted into a Blightwood oak, spreading a dark and terrible corruption through the willow trees and their inhabitants.
The only thing that saved the Willow Knight (our protagonist) is that he was out of the grove when the tree first sprouted, on a trading mission to acquire ores for a special tool an elder desired. Upon returning, he found the Blightwood had done it's damage. Most of the trees were withered, dying, and the people who protected them corrupted and tainted souls that turned on him and the few others who had evaded the tree's corruption. Only fire could purify the grove, and the most of his tribe had been decimated. The remainder of the tribe took willow saplings, split them among the eldest, and parted ways, going to find new places to try to replant the sacred grove. All except the Willow Knight, who remained behind. There he found a single, badly-burned tree, who gave the last of it's strength to bless the one who set it free of the Blightwood's corruption. The mask he was given held the only remaining fumes of the spirits of the Willow Grove.
Appearance: The Willow Knight is a figure of small stature but almost noble poise, standing composed in his darkened underclothes and a tattered, multi-layer cloak that obscures most of his form. He wears black pants, leather soled shoes that have a reinforced toe, and a simple brown shirt. He is strong, fast, and tough for his size, surprisingly so considering many may think he's just a child in a holiday mask of some sort.
Shaggy platinum blond hair can be seen from around a curious mask of carved willow wood that has a pair of stag horns. The wood itself is impacted and permanently stained with white ashes, giving it a bonelike appearance. Somehow, the eyes of the mask are always dark, despite them being large enough that the wearer can see quite clearly out of.
Personality: The Willow Knight knows that he's not very good at thinking his way through things, so he tends to remain quiet when academic subjects come up. He's not a mute, however, and will sometimes find something to speak about, even if it's only a few exchanged words. To him, words are just as dangerous a weapon as a sword, and should be used with caution. He is more of a person who believes actions show intentions. Since he's spent such a long while in the Willow Grove, he's got a spark of naivete and can find joy in little things. But he would be the first person to leap into danger to save others, even if there's a high likelihood it is a trap.
Extra Feat: Squat Nimbleness (Xanathar's Guide to Everything?)
Traits: I am more at ease around animals than I will ever be with people. I'm always observing nature and can associate my observations with a lesson for every situation.
Bonds: There is no one left from my tribe but me so it is up to me to engrave their name in legend.
Ideals: The tribe benefits most when each person is responsible for generating the most happiness. (Good)
Flaw: I find it difficult to trust members members of other races, tribes and societies although with time my trust can build.

Last edited by Runetide; 08-14-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Hello DM,

Just thought I let you know my app is done.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:08 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79
rexlerlepp
Lox is all done. I might work on his backstory a bit more but otherwise I think he is ready.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:23 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40
theenglishslug
Gar Fee'Lo'Gan
left-aligned image

Name: Gar Fee'LoíGan

Race: Wood Elf

Class/sub: Moon Druid 4/Monk 2

Alignment: CG

Background: Haunted One

Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: Beast Boy

Role in party: Front line, Tank, Out-of-Combat Utility

Backstory:

Appearance: Hair and skin tinged green, apparently by some kind of curse or spell. Short and skinny, by incredibly quick. All of his animal transformations appear green as well.

Personality: Always quick with a joke, and guards his friends fiercely. Definitely immature for his age

Extra Feat: Mobile

Personality Traits:
- I donít talk about the thing that torments me. Iíd rather not burden others with my curse
- I refuse to become a victim, and I will not allow others to be victimized

Bond: I try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost (Good)

Ideal: A terrible guilt consumes me. I hope that I can find redemption through my actions

Flaw: My immaturity can lead to missed responsibilities
Old 08-08-2019, 08:18 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3227
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Oh my, so glad I decided to peruse the boards for a game this evening. A few of mine are running really slow or possibly look like dying out, so I figured I'd see what was going. SO VERY GLAD to have seen this game. Posting extreme interest, and I think I have an awesome idea in mind.

Praetorus Rex
right-aligned image

Name: Praetorus Rex
Race: Warforged - Juggernaut
Class/sub: Fighter 2/Paladin 4- Oath of Devotion
Alignment: LG
Background: Most likely Soldier, but possibly Noble
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: Optimus Prime
Role in party: Frontline Tank - Inspirational Leader

Backstory:

Appearance: Praetorus Rex is an entity forged from a metal long since lost to the world, by a process that is equally forgotten. He is quite tall, around 8'8", and generally appears as a humanoid. His limbs shine a bright silver, reminiscent of mithril, whilst he has plates across his body that are blue and red in colour. His eyes glow a pure, vibrant light blue, that reflect the colour of the Omni-Spark that he guards within the cavity behind his chest plates.

Personality: Praetorus Rex is virtuous to a fault. Noble, selfless, courageous and inspirational, Rex is the epitome of what it means to be truly good. He is unfaltering in his need to do the right thing, to uphold his prime directives and to ensure that evil is defeated everywhere. He abhors evil, but will never give up on the chance that even the darkest, vilest creatures might be saved if given the chance. He has killed, but loathes the act, and will only ever do it if given no other choice. For Rex, the first virtue that must be protected is the virtues of one's own heart. Every dark deed, every lie, every act that is devoid of mercy harms that virtuous heart, and Rex will never stand for it.

Extra Feat: Possibly Inspiring Leader- though I have some other options I might be considering

Traits/Bonds/Ideals/Flaw:
Traits:
- There is good in every creature, though for some of us it lays deep below a layer of darkness and hate. I will exhaust every effort to find it, and restore it, before I resort to violence.
- I abhor those who exploit or deceive others. There is no excuse for dishonesty, and less still for bullies. I will always call out and stand against this behaviour.

Bonds:
- The Omni-Star. I remember nothing of my creators or my past, only that I must protect the Omni-Star at all costs.

Ideals:
- It is the duty of the strong to protect the weak. There is no higher calling than the protection of others against those who would do them harm, and no excuse for failing to do so when it is required, regardless of personal cost.

Flaws:
- I am unflinching in my ideals, and hold everyone else around me to the same lofty standards I hold myself. I will not compromise on doing what is right. Do not ask me to look the other way for the greater good, for I will not. Doing bad things for the greater good is not the greater good at all, but simply a shortcut to a harder but more righteous path. And do not seek to do the same in my presence, for I will hold you to account.

Last edited by Arkaon; 08-17-2019 at 03:20 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9384
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
Application
Details
right-aligned image
Name: (Lady) Lauraline Hyde
Race: Human (Variant)
Class/sub: Rogue (Thief)/UA Ranger [4/2]
Background: Archaeologist
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: Tomb Raider (by Crystal Dynamics)
Role in party: Skill Monkey, Trap Master, Ambush/Ranged Fighter
Extra Feat: Elven Accuracy
BackstoryLauraline was the daughter of Henry and Anna Mary Hyde. The former was a Noble from a prominent house that spent his fortune on his pursuits as a renowned archeologist. The latter was his impossibly patient wife who never let herself show any displeasure or fear when it came to being dragged all over the world with her husband. While the idea of a human archaeologist was laughable to some races, there were those that appreciated the family's unbiased wonder and respect given to those races with centuries of history that predates even the earliest wonders of humanity. The Hyde family visited and lived with many races, but it was one in particular that took special note of Henry's work, and took the small family into a world few outsiders got to see.

As a result of Henry's search for an ancient, lost city, once considered to be a mecca of the original races, of which the Elves were quite interested as well, Lord and Lady Hyde and their young daughter lived with a House hidden away from the rest of civilization. While it was just a blip to the timeless race, Lauraline became a woman within the Elven house. When she wasn't being schooled on languages or ancient history, she was being dragged around by her friends, serving as a point of apparent amusement for them. By comparison Lauraline was basically a toddler, and was as clumsy as one in the early years. Having elves be the standard pushed the young woman to become faster, smarter, more agile, and think of situations as one of them would.

Lauraline had begged and pleaded to go on the journey with her father and the Elven scholars, especially as she considered herself an adult, but had been denied. The excuse had always been that, "it's too dangerous," but that reasoning had never sit right with her. Countless times before her father had gone out to check some suspected sight, only to return usually empty handed, but with a story. There was no story this time, at least not one from his lips. There had been a collapse, her father lost, and despite some searching, assumed dead. Once the heartbreak was past, Lauraline very much became her father's daughter, not wanting his death to be in vain. Her mother never approved, especially after losing her husband to the same foolish hunt, but there was little she could do to stop her headstrong daughter.
AppearanceDespite her title, Lauraline has never been mistaken for a noble. While she may retain much of the refined beauty of her parents, her appearance is often muddled by her drab, 'functional' attire, or in some cases, actual mud. Looking far more like a woodswoman than a high-born, she carries the weapons of an Elf, conducting herself often in similar tones to her adoptive community. Lithe, but not as frail-looking as those she grew up with, Lauraline's long, brunette hair is tied back, with only small tendrils falling loose which leaves her often tucking it behind her ear as sort of a tick. The woman's true humanity shines through in her brightness when meeting new people, and her ferocity when it comes to threats against her or those she deems under her protection. Those that know her know that her compassion is not a weakness, but a strength. Trying to exploit it brings forth the cold, Elven-trained hunter in her.
PersonalityLauraline carries a chip on her shoulder. She sees her duty to fulfilling her father's lifelong work as a personal quest, and will not react favorably to those that question it. Some would call it an obsession, while others would see it for what it is: a daughter trying her damnedest to hold onto her father's memory. It was that same father, both of her parents really, that raised a woman that treated others with the respect they deserve, and never took anyone's hospitality for granted. While she's often quick to get distracted by the smallest of mysteries, Lauraline finds it hard to turn anyone down if they need her aid. Putting herself in the path of danger so others don't have to is par for the course, and despite her belief she can handle anything the world throws at her, even Lauraline knows there are limits to what one woman can do alone.
Background TraitsTrait 1: I love a good puzzle or mystery.
Trait 2: Traps don't make me nervous. Idiots who trigger traps make me nervous.
Ideal: Death Wish. Nothing is more exhilarating than a narrow escape from the jaws of death.
Bond: Ever since I was a child, I've heard stories about a lost city. I aim to find it, learn its secrets, and finish my father's work.
Flaw: I have a secret fear of snakes – and in my work, I see them everywhere.

Last edited by saratek187; 08-12-2019 at 04:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2155
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
David Antony
right-aligned image

Name: David Antony
Race: Human
Class/sub: Fiend Warlock (Pact of the tome)
Background: Charlatan
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: John Constantine
Role in party: Utility / Support

Backstory: David was born into a family of long-since defunct sorcerers. Despite his family's legacy of famous mages, that time had long since past. David's mother died in childbirth and his father began drinking shortly after, but this became increasingly worse as he grew older and he became unable to provide for his family. To support them, David turned to thievery and various cons. Despite this, his father eventually took his own life when David was nineteen.

When he was twenty-two, one of his cons went sideways and he was stabbed. Lying on a dirty floor, on the verge of death, he used the last ace he had up his sleeve: the true name of a demon. It appeared before him and he bartered his soul in exchange for his life. The fiend accepted. What the demon had not counted on was that David would then trick another fiend into offering him power for his soul as well, gambling on the fact that one of the fiends would have to kill the other in order to claim it. Since then, David has gathered as much occult and arcane knowledge as had can, attempting to stay one step ahead of both fiends and occasionally helping the odd sod along the way.

left-aligned image
Appearance: David likes wearing fine clothes, but does next to nothing to care for them, usually appearing as though he had slept in them the night before (which is often the case). His hair is kept functionally short and in disarray and he usually has a day or two's worth of stubble on his face. A cigarette (or pipe, if needed for the setting) is almost always in his mouth. His body, except for his face, is continually being covered in arcane and occult markings, for various effect.

Personality: David can be extremely charming when he wants to be, but this is usually only when he wants something, otherwise he is brash and exceedingly sarcastic. He has few friends, but those he has he would do anything for. Unfortunately, he has the habit of using his friends (often against their wishes) to his own aims. These however, are usually altruistic and to good intentioned, which makes him difficult to stay mad at.

Extra Feat: Aberrant Dragonmark

(1) rare item: Cube of Force
(1) uncommon item: Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location
(2) common items: Dark Shard Amulet, Charlatan's Die

Traits: I keep multiple holy symbols on me and invoke whatever deity might come in useful at any given moment. Sarcasm and insults are my weapons of choice.
Bonds: I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.
Ideals: Material goods come and go. Bonds of friendship last forever.
Flaw: I canít resist swindling people who are more powerful than me.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 08-08-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1103
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
A lot of great applications pouring in, i'm genuinely impressed. Keep them coming!
I will provide feed back to those who request it, either via secret or PM
I wont count anyone complete just yet. I find there is always fiddling around to be done and as more applications come in it sometimes sparks creative efforts one way or another and maybe you want to change something about your character, which is totally fine.
I will make a table in the original advert within the next day or two to showcase who has applied/ character idea

Last edited by Jrod; 08-08-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:57 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9384
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
I'll take feedback as I'm sure I wouldn't change anything unless it was based on feedback from you.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:18 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2155
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
I would also love any feedback.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 776
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
What they said, but saucier.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I'd love some feedback to help improve my application.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1103
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod

Old 08-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 966
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Character Application
right-aligned image

Name: Remus Adonna
Race: Human (Variant)
Class/sub: Rogue (Assassin) 4/ Warlock (The Great Old One) 2
Alignment: CG
Background: Criminal
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: Gambit Influenced by Apocalypse (Death)
Role in party: Conversationalist/Damage output
Backstory: Growing up on the streets Magadescion, Remus Did what he had to do to survive. He learned to take things without notice, and play games of chance. Sometimes he got caught, but on most of these occasions he would use his silver tongue to talk his way out of it. As he got older he eventually started doing well for himself. At first he splurged on items to help him standout in a crowd. The more he spent the more he noticed the young kids living in the same conditions he did. He eventually founded a orphanage in an old warehouse, anonymously. When he could, he would give money to keep the food and clothes flowing.

One day he was on a good gambling run with a large man who always sat in the shadows. This run was so good he decided to go for it all. It turns out he was being played. This "man" turned out to be from another realm and was looking for agents to get his foothold here.

This being's name is Saban Nal, he took Remus and changed him. Gave him powers, equipment, and sent him on missions. Some times he would have to plant some old books in tombs, sometimes take things from people, and finally sometimes he would have to eliminate people. These last missions would eat at Remus. Luckily, he didn't have missions all the time, and none lately. So, in these times, he tries to do good to offset the bad.

Appearance: Good looking young man with brown hair, and dark eyes. He wears dark clothes in black and red. with a Leather Cloak that always seems to apply to the situation he's in.

Personality: Out going and flirty. He will attempt to use his charms to get his way.

Extra Feat: Polearm Master

Traits/Bonds/Ideals/Flaw:
Traits: I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy.I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.

Bonds: I’m trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor. I am a champion to the homeless and orphaned.

Ideals: Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.

Flaw: If there’s a plan, I’ll forget it. If I don’t forget it, I’ll ignore it.

Last edited by RedWolfe77; 08-12-2019 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Updated
Old 08-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Feedback is always welcomed, especially since this is your game and you are probably looking for certain types of players.