RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2155
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Old 08-08-2019, 03:33 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Old 08-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 776
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Old 08-08-2019, 05:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1103
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod

Old 08-08-2019, 05:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Old 08-08-2019, 06:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
If anyone is in need of this particular rule to help them facilitate a build, please consider it and let me know. Be careful you don't hamstring yourself when doing so. I will add this to the original Advert.

I will let a transaction of magical equipment be altered under the below rule.

As it stands I would feel comfortable trading rare to uncommon and uncommon to common @ 1:2 ratio

Meaning you can forgo your 1 rare item to generate yourself 2 uncommon.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:11 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 776
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Old 08-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6297
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Najat Nazli
Class: Bladesinger 6
Inspiration: Jedi
Race: Tiefling (SCAG variant)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Party Role: Control/melee damage/utility

Background: Knight of the Order

Appearance: Other than his physical size, Najat shows almost no trace whatsoever of human ancestry. Instead, his appearance is almost entirely infernal. His skin is scaly and mottled, red and black, and his head is ringed with small, sharp horns. His eyes are feral and cat-like, and he casts no shadow...even when the sun is low in the sky. Najat is notably fit and robust, and he walks with a wary grace - the mark of one who has spent his life training for war, and perhaps has seen more than his share, though he is yet young.

Personality: Despite his ferocious, demonic appearance, Najat Nazli is calm and contemplative. A cultivated man, he is able to talk extensively about history, politics, and the arts, but strongly prefers to wait to be asked instead of injecting his opinions. Nejat is self-possessed and disciplined, reluctant to show many outward signs of emotion. He is relentlessly focused on the now, inclined neither to dwell upon past events nor spend energy anticipating the future. He values life in all its forms and is reluctant to take it, even when death is either well-deserved or even a mercy.

Backstory: Years ago in Lunescion, where the Gods walk among men, a boy walks with a girl. Both are special, but only one knows it. The boy is young, perhaps five years old, the girl about ten years older. She is small-boned and ordinary looking, with chin-length brown hair and brown eyes that are rather large, perhaps her only distinguishing feature. The girl is the daughter of a God, the God of Magic. This is not her story, this is the story of the boy, Najat Nazli. Her story has no beginning and no end, just the eternal now of deity. This is Nazli's story, though the end be yet unwritten. As the boy grows into a young man, he teeters on the cusp of fate. On one side, greatness. On the other, disaster.

Duty. Honor. These are the first words we hear. These are the words we always hear. The other peoples understand honor, at least somewhat. To achieve glory, to do great deeds - these things they know. Some of them. They have no grasp of duty, and so the fullness of honor eludes them. To gain honor while doing your duty, this is the purpose of life. Others see it on the battlefield or at the council table, but we know that to leave the dining hall spotless is duty. We know that to tell the truth of a transgression that no one observed is honor. And I have no honor. Everything I am is a lie. It was not always so. Duty has always been my life, and I gained much honor.

My potential was noticed at a young age, and I was given to the wizards to train. Of course, I also learned some weaponcraft, for that is the way of war, but most of my life was spent studying arcane magics. Hour upon hour, day upon day, year upon year. I worked hard, and I learned well. That is duty. To do your duty quietly and well brings honor. Then, finally, my training was over and I was assigned to a warband, skirmishers. Lightly armed and armored, fast, stealthy, our responsibility was to roam the fringes of our city, looking for signs of evil's return. I failed.

I was a coward. On my first real mission, my warband was ambushed by raiders, and I froze. My band, including two of my brothers, were slaughtered, and I survived by digging a hole with my magic and covering it with the image of a tree. When the attackers left, I went back to Lunescion and lied about what happened. If I am ever discovered, complete dishonor is the best I can expect. I pray it was a one-time mistake, the folly of an untested youth. I beg the Gods that cowardice is not deep in my character, to emerge again.

Extra Feat: Alert/Mage Slayer/Resilient (DEX)/War Caster

Last edited by Berith; 08-11-2019 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Old 08-08-2019, 09:28 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4147
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
This sounds super amazing and fun. Posting interest while I try to narrow down the way-too-many ideas flying around my head.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 173
Charlotte Charlotte
I saw that we had a lotta melee types and decided to try something a little different.

Application
left-aligned image
Anna Arcana
Race: Human (Variant)
Class/sub: Wizard (Abjurer)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Sage
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: Transgender lesbian Doctor Strange
Role in party: Protecting her allies, researching the unfathomable, and ruining the enemy's day.

Backstory: In a different life, Anna Arcana was a man (though the way she decribes it, "I merely thought I was a man due to a cruel accident of birth.") This man was a talented sage and master of medicine, but was also unscrupulous and selfish, refusing to make discoveries public to all and prefering to sell research to the highest bidder.

One of these high bidders attempted to make sure that the sage never shared the discovery he'd made - a historical body of research that could upend the history of nobility in the nation - and badly poisoned the sage. He was saved by a selfless healer, who lent no thought to any compensation during the treatment, and the delirium imposed by the poison led the sage to the revelation of just why he was so angry at the world all the time.

The sage recovered, and was a man humbled - and soon joined the mystic order, the sage's experiences in the delirium having also let him insight into the mysteries of magic. Now, the selfish man is no more, reborn - with the aid of transmutive magic - as Anna Arcana, a champion of knowledge and wisdom.

Appearance: Middle-aged woman with salt-and-pepper hair (black with white streaks.) A wizard and she knows it, and dresses the part, with various knick-knacks in her belt pouches and an enchanted cloak that seems almost alive.

Personality: Fundamentally, Anna is a woman who has been humbled, and thus - even when she has forgotten more about a subject than someone else will ever know - is patient with her explanations and teachings. She is open to new experiences and new truths, having found herself late in life. Having had little luck with romance before her personal revelation, she is an awkward flirt with women (but adorably so.)

Extra Feat: Resilient. Anna Arcana survived the poison attempt, and what does not kill you makes you stronger (as well as helping you to realize who you really are.)

Trait: I'm used to helping out those who aren't as learned as I am, and I patiently explain anything and everything to others should they ask.

Ideal: Self Improvement - The goal of a life of study should be the betterment of oneself.

Bond: I work to preserve a body of knowledge, in the form of a great library.

Flaw: I'm a little too curious for my own good.

Female Doctor Strange art by Rossdraws.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:34 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 656
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0

Last edited by penbeast0; 08-08-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:57 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7787
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
Application: Merlin's Mightiest Heroes
right-aligned image

Race:
Glasya Tiefling (Variant: Winged)
Class/sub:
Sorcerer (Shadow Magic)[5]/ Mystic[1]
Alignment:
If closely scrutinized, the two identities may separately register as LG and CGNG
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept:
Vision/Ironman/Legion
Role in party:
Face/Blaster

Backstory:
Kalin Arabast, as he was originally known, was a highly intuitive engineer fascinated with the arcane and the creation of sentient machines. While between tasks assigned by his guild, he would tinker with scraps from failed magical items and the discarded limbs of disassembled Warforged units in an attempt to create an artificial being capable of channeling magic more effectively than any natural-born creature. However, while all of the essential components seemed to be present, the creation never developed a mind of its own, nor did it seem capable of tapping into the raw power suffusing its individual parts.

Growing increasingly frustrated with his perpetual failure, and exhausted from many sleepless nights, Kalin lashed out with tools and fists to destroy the object of his enmity; the vaguely humanoid construction cracked, splintered, and sparked under the emotional barrage. In the frenzy, Kalin's forearm was sliced by sharp debris, causing him to spray a fine mist of blood over everything, including his impotent creation.

While tending to his wound, he began to hear a deep humming emanating from the fractured form still supported by its hoist. Turning to investigate, he noticed that the fresh blood had been absorbed, and the damage had been repaired. With each step closer, the humming grew in intensity, as though it were demanding something of its maker with increasing desperation. Standing before it, the hum became an overwhelming reverberation, dwarfing all other senses. Kalin instinctively reached out to touch the breastplate and was overcome by a blinding light and searing pain, causing him to collapse onto the floor, unconscious.

When he finally came to, the pain had subsided and the construct was nowhere to be seen.
The world felt... different....
Appearance:
Somewhere between Devil-spawn and Warforged, Gemini is a fusion of the Obsidian flesh, horns, precious metals, fragmented gemstones, and fine fabrics that comprised both Kalin's original body and the materials used during his experimentation.
Personality:
Dual-Identity. While not an independent sentient being, the experiment was a partial success in that the symbiotic "armor" developed its own personality from its bond with its host. Where Kalin can often be arrogant and dismissive of those who haven't earned his respect, the arcane symbiote is consistently level-headed, serving as the devil spawn's "moral compass" and thoughtful companion. Over time, Kalin lost his sense of ownership over the augmented body and now considers himself part of a collective sharing a single physical existence. Perhaps, in time, Gemini will learn to further enhance their form and bring more personalities to the surface.
Background:
Izzet Engineer
Extra Feat:
Spellsniper (Eldritch Blast)
Traits/Ideals/Bonds/Flaw:
  • "If you can guess what I'm about to do, that means I've run out of imagination."
  • Discovery. Every experiment has the potential to reveal more secrets of the multiverse.
  • "I have the schematics for an invention that I hope to build one day, once I have the necessary resources."
  • "I tend to ignore sleep for days when I'm conducting research, often at the expense of my own health and safety."

Status
Complete
{As Featured in Explosive Runes #24!}
"The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."

Last edited by Gaijin; 08-12-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:05 AM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1985
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Whoa, awesome concept, @JRod!

Would you mind a Mystic, from the latest UA?

First guy to come up in my head was Tetsuo from the Anime film 'Akira'.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'm ok with the Mystic as long as you as players can promise to keep account and play the class accurately.

I'll admit I have 0 experience with that class, so keeping a watchful eye on it may prove difficult with me, especially as I stay focused running the game.