twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7787
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
Alright, that should just about do it for the application.

Now to figure out the back-end mechanics...
{As Featured in Explosive Runes #24!}
"The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."

Last edited by Gaijin; 08-09-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:41 PM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1985
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
I'm ok with the Mystic as long as you as players can promise to keep account and play the class accurately.

I'll admit I have 0 experience with that class, so keeping a watchful eye on it may prove difficult with me, especially as I stay focused running the game.
You can count on me.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 410
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
The Gardener application
Name: The Gardener
Race: Hill Dwarf
Class/sub: Druid (Circle of the Shepherd)/6
Alignment: NG
Background: Outlander

Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: Radaghast the Brown from The Hobbit/ Radaghast as a Druid instead of Wizard / Master of the Wilds and Healer of the Land

Role in party: Support and Utility, summon frontline fighters with Conjure spells

Backstory: The land was choking on blood spilt upon it over so many years during the war. It’s bounty ravaged and left with the bare bones. The hills and valleys silently cried out, but only one could hear it and he answered it’s call. The Gardener was a boy who wandered the land with his mentor, The Shepherd. The young Druid learned to love nature in all its forms regardless of predator or prey. The years of war had taken its toll. There had been some much destruction, and the various cities cared mostly about building up themselves instead of the world around them.

The Shepherd had a glade deep within the wildest parts of the kingdom. The Gardener knew that he would be of better use if he traveled and wandered over all the lands of the world bringing new life to them. Planting trees and establishing animal protectors to keep watch over their territories. To accomplish this, his mentor gave him his staff of the woodlands. A powerful item that he no longer had use for but would aid the young man tremendously in his quest to bring the land back to its former glory. The Gardener gave freely and abundant to all he passed. No beggar went hungry. No farmer feared a poor harvest. Nobles would hear of his deeds and invite him into their homes, but he politely declined. All he needed was the pack on his back and the pot he wore as a hat.

He was a humble man with a kind heart. He loved all animals and respected them as kin. Often times, he would have to mediate quarrels between civilization and nature. One such instance was finding new hunting grounds for a pack of wolves so a cattle farmer’s herd could graze in peace and safety. The man was never with plenty, but he always had what he needed and left wherever he went better than when he found it. He also fought many creatures that were unnatural and abominations of nature such as undead. The Gardener defeated a necromancer and his small undead army by recruiting animals from the surrounding forest to form his own army to destroy it. Perhaps that is why he was summoned one day by the great Merlin himself.

Appearance: A dwarf with moss that grew on the side of his face and hair that was so matted it was a literal bird’s nest. His teeth were stained yellow from all of the special mushrooms he consumed every day. His clothes were always well worn, but never seemed like it needed repairing. His feet were bare and weathered by his constant travels. The staff he used like a walking stick was plain except for a small cluster of branches with leaves at the top.
Personality: Kind, humble, down to earth, simplistic, always wanting to help, selfless, quirky in that he likes to have random conversations with Animals he passed
Extra Feat: Observant

Trait: I’m driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
If I have surplus to give to those in need. I give it freely.
Bond: An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me.
Ideal: The land is to be taken care of like one’s own self.
Flaw: I will not intentionally harm any animal or plant creature unless it is compelled to attack me, and even so I will do my best to not destroy it.

Application complete

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; 08-11-2019 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Formatting, added second trait
Old 08-10-2019, 01:10 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 410
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
I welcome any feedback for my application .
Old 08-10-2019, 05:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2121
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer

Complete

Name: Anton Sheer/the Mithral Knight
Race: Variant Human (Heavily Armored)
Class: Artillerist Artificer
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Guild Artisan
Personality Traits: I just assume I’m the smartest person in the room, it saves time.
When I get an idea I just have to follow up on it right away.
Ideal: The strong need to protect the weak.
Bond: I was selfish. I should try to work on that.
Flaw: Some consider me to be arrogant but they’re just jealous.
Inspiration: Tony Stark/Iron Man
Role in Party: Heavily Armored Flying Blaster
Backstory: Racknazion was home and his father, Hawthorn, was one of the most celebrated artisans in the city, as such Anton grew up with expectations heavy on his shoulders. His relationship with Hawthorn was strained and, as you would expect, as a teenager Anton rebelled and moved to Magadescion where he was determined to drink his family money dry. Hawthorn and Anton’s mother, Mara, who was a successful jeweller in her own right, waited patiently for this phase to be over, but on Anton’s twenty-fifth birthday they decided they had waited long enough and that they would intervene. They made the dubious decision to have Anton kidnapped and brought back, sober, to Racknazion.

Things didn’t go to plan.

The kidnappers decided they would make more money by actually holding Anton to ransom. Anton, being Anton, decided he would escape by himself and was grievously wounded in the attempt. The kidnappers were able to keep him alive long enough to receive the ransom, which took nearly all of the wealth his parents had accumulated, and a broken Anton was returned to them. He languished in a temple for weeks, but the clerics were unable to fix his body until he himself had fixed his soul. With typical impatience Anton took matters into his own hands and got to work in his parents’ workshop. Day after day he would toil, driving his already broken body to the brink. Finally though, he had done it; he had created an incredibly intricate device infused with magic which, he hoped, could sustain him. He prepared the ritual to integrate it with his body by drinking as much alcohol as he could find and then biting on a leather strap. He then seared the device deep into his chest. He was found the next morning, delirious but alive, with a blue-white glow emanating from his chest.
right-aligned image

His parents were now in desperate debt and were working harder than ever to clear it. Anton was only vaguely aware of that, however, as he was on a mission of revenge. He spent his nights in the workshop coming up with ways of dealing death, while in the day he would scour his contacts for news of the criminals who his family had hired. His investigation took two years, and in that time the health of his parents deteriorated rapidly. Anton didn’t really notice, not until his father died suddenly, clutching his heart in his workshop. He fell dead right at the feet of Anton’s armored suit, which was nearing readiness. His mother was distraught and cursed Anton for bringing this fate down on them. Anton, reluctantly, acknowledged that she was right and vowed to do better. He took on the business and allowed his mother to have a rest, to grieve. And then his contacts came through with the location of the kidnappers. Everything else forgotten, Anton donned the armor and hunted them down.

He was victorious, but it was to be short-lived. He returned home to find his mother had taken her own life. He nearly destroyed the armor then and there, but something stopped him. Over time he came to understand that he could actually help people. He took on the role of The Mithril Knight, protector of Racknazion.

Appearance: Anton was always a good-looking lad, and he knew it. He used those looks to his best advantage and made sure he was always immaculately groomed and wearing the finest of clothes.

Personality: If you like Anton you would call him confident. If you don’t like him you would more likely describe him as arrogant. Either way, you notice him. He’s someone who is used to being the centre of attention and he finds it difficult when he isn’t. Underneath the brash exterior is a sensitivity which few ever get to see. He genuinely cares about others, so much so that he dedicates his life and his considerable talents to helping them. Some may say he’s just a thrill-seeker pushing the boundaries, but he actually risks it all so that others don’t need to.

Extra Feat: Heavy Armor Master

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Mithril Knight.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	81257  

Last edited by Lazer; 08-15-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:27 AM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
No worries. I wanted to go in a more "Vision" centric direction, but many of the more nuanced "super powers" like controllable incorporeality are pretty heavily restricted in 5e. Some heroes simply weren't written to be balanced. (The spell "Blink" is a good start, but it's a 50/50 chance to go ethereal between rounds, which makes it dangerous to use in melee as a caster.)

I'd ask about homebrewing some features to support the character concept, but I don't want to go too far off book, and haven't played enough 5e to intuit custom mechanics balance yet.

Last edited by Gaijin; 08-10-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 484
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
The Mighty Thora
right-aligned image

Name: Thora
Race: Human
Class: Fighter 1 / Divine Soul Sorcerer 5
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Folk Hero
Inspiration/Correlation/Concept: Jane Foster Thor
Role in party: Melee DPS, off-tank, magic artillery
Appearance: Tall, buff, blonde haired goddess
Personality: Exuberant, outgoing, lives for the moment; proud, but doesn't cope with failure well
Extra Feat: Infernal Constitution (Xanathar's Guide to Everything)

Traits:
I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.

When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.

Bonds:
Despite my bloodline, I must earn my place in the heavens like anyone else.

Ideals:
From those to whom much is given, much is expected. Great power requires great responsibility.

Flaws:
I have trouble taking anyone seriously if I don't think they can fight.

BackgroundThora never knew her father growing up. Her mother, a blacksmith, told her tales though. He was a mighty warrior, she learned, a hero of the people. And naturally Thora was enthralled and inspired, and wished to follow his footsteps. Despite her misgivings, Thora's mother finally supported her daughter's ambitions, providing her with a fine suit of mail, and a weapon of such make that even she couldn't have been the one to forge it. A warhammer. Where she'd gotten it, her mother refused to say...but holding it Thora felt she could do just about anything.

But the field of war isn't a minstrel's song, nor a mother's fairy tale. Thora fought to keep her city, her people, safe...but she was only mortal. With her comrades at arms falling all around her, Thora was struck by an arrow and dropped to her knees. The hammer slipped from her grasp and fell to the earth with the handle sticking up. She reached to grasp it back, but couldn't lift it. The strength had failed her. It was then she knew she would die on that field. Something about that realization kindled a spark deep inside her though. A flood of defiance that roared up out of her like a thunderbolt. With one gauntlet she ripped the arrow out. With the other she gripped the hammer's handle anew, this time wrenching it up off the ground and lifting it to the stormy skies above. The sky answered in kind, unleashing a massive bolt of lightning that speared down and struck the hammer!

That battle was won, as she erupted from the conflagration fighting like ten men, wielding hammer and lightning both. Many other battles followed, though she has since attached herself to no one army; fighting instead wherever she is needed most. There are still many questions left unanswered...but she has come to believe that her father is not of this world, and that it is her destiny to one day join him in the sky. That right must be earned though, through greatness of deed and purity of heart. So long as she can lift her hammer, she will walk that path of fire...for she is the Mighty Thora!

Last edited by SalmonMax; 08-10-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:06 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 776
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Ok I think I am done.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:17 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9384
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
I'm unsure why I'm marked WIP, as I can assure you my app is complete.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
He said he was going to leave everyone as WIP for a few days to account for a window of flexibility.

However, I don't know why I am separated from the rest of the group by three whole blank spaces. Starting to feel quarantined.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1103
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
@ Gaijin - I don't know why that table does that either. You look like you have some experiences with Tables, any advice on how to fix that? You are surely not quarantined...unless you need to be?

@All - I'll start going through and looking for who is still WIP and who is Completed this weekend. If you could help me by making that clear on your application that would be great.

Lots of great applications. I'm overwhelmed with excite as I see all the creative responses to my advert thread.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
@Jrod - Looks like the table is doing a descending sort of the Background column, and then doing a secondary ascending sort by another filled column.

Putting a dash in the empty player slots compensates for the anomaly, if you want to continue sorting by background. Alternatively you could sort by player name.

Last edited by Gaijin; 08-10-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1103
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
@All - Lots of you have spoken to me either via Secret or PM. There has been some talks of home brewing some aspects of the game to help better fit your character. Unless you have spoken to me directly, do NOT assume you can home brew or go off the charts with ANYTHING.

There will be cases once in the game where we can explore some special scenario features. This may be with home brew or with magical equipment, but it will happen inside the game.

The same notion goes for this; Do not assume anything you have requested to be part of your character build, outside from official material is OK'd UNLESS I have addressed it or spoke to you directly. This goes for race, class, back ground and anything else.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I'm WIP too, but he's completely done
Old 08-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9384
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
Is UA Ranger allowed? There's a link to the pdf from Wizards in my app. [Pretty much one of the most used UA options out there]