twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1103
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
I haven't seen a game breaking Ranger yet. Go ahead by all means.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2121
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Likewise, is the updated UA Artificer okay? Specifically the Artillerist.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:39 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 484
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
@All - Lots of you have spoken to me either via Secret or PM. There has been some talks of home brewing some aspects of the game to help better fit your character. Unless you have spoken to me directly, do NOT assume you can home brew or go off the charts with ANYTHING.

There will be cases once in the game where we can explore some special scenario features. This may be with home brew or with magical equipment, but it will happen inside the game.

The same notion goes for this; Do not assume anything you have requested to be part of your character build, outside from official material is OK'd UNLESS I have addressed it or spoke to you directly. This goes for race, class, back ground and anything else.
PM Sent to get your okay on a few relatively minor tweaks needed for the concept to hit its peak.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
Likewise, is the updated UA Artificer okay? Specifically the Artillerist.

Yes. I expected a lot of people needing to utilize Mystic and Artificer to get some of the super hero feels.

Like I mentioned with the Mystic, I do require heavy focus from the player to know the class and follow its rules. I will do my best to keep an eye on it but cant guarantee my accuracy of auditing its limitations like some of the more base DnD classes.

One of the nice features about PbP is the ability to take our time and do things right, and make edits. That said, i'm not really worried one way or another.

Old 08-10-2019, 08:25 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 410
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
@Jrod
Let me know if you think my app “The Gardener” isn’t heroic enough for your campaign. I’m gonna try thinking of a backup character just in case.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:24 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7787
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
Alright. My application is marked as complete.
{As Featured in Explosive Runes #24!}
"The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."
Old 08-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
DM, what is left to make my app complete?
Old 08-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Gaijom - Fantastic, I will update the Table

@Seekr34 - Nothing, I will update the table

Old 08-11-2019, 05:01 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 484
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
I think my application is complete too, unless you spot anything missing from it?
Old 08-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 410
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
@Jrod
App changed and completed per your request
Old 08-11-2019, 06:27 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
ofthetenfools
This looks like fun. The current Blue Beetle is essentially some form of warlock. Gonna see if I can't put something together based on that. Or see if another idea comes to me lol
Old 08-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6297
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
I think Najat is done - I'm open to any questions or thoughts you might have. Thanks!
Old 08-12-2019, 02:24 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 108
Aoem Aoem
~Aoem here,

Pressing the green button and locking in the 'complete' status for Skavali the Skull Kid.

I'm really excited about all of the wondrous ingenuity practiced by all of you amazing people. .

Jrod, thank you for creating this wonderful launch pad for all of these potent dreams to take flight from . Hope for the best, Good Luck To All!

Last edited by Aoem; 08-12-2019 at 05:33 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:55 AM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 954
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
ApplicationName: Zeith
Race: Forest gnome (actually a mystical cat)
Class: Wizard/mystic
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Inspiration: Puss in Boots / Yuumi (League of Legends)
Role: Utility and artillery magic user
Extra Feat: Critter Friend
Background: Archeologist
Appearance: An average sized orange and white cat with wide, emerald eyes. Magic has morphed his body to accommodate anthropomorphism. He wears tiny suit jackets, sleeveless vests and has a sentient grimoire that follows him around via its personal levitation ability.

Purrsonality: Zeith is a cat by nature, making him independent and social, but only when it suits him. He can be easily startled, yet curious and prideful to a fault.

"I walk through the valley of Death." Tail high as he stalks by a slathering canine. Taunting, confident and untouchable until that poise is not enough to impress or befuddle it.

He is a bit childish like a young kitten, enjoying chasing little creatures and play fighting but is not cruel or completely controlled by a cat's predatory instinct. He has feelings and morals that are good aligned where loyalty and love are strong motivations for his actions.

Background: He was at one point a noble, enchantress's familiar. Adventuring was frequent even while he was just a kitten snuggled in the Noble's hood. His master liked to travel to dangerous places collecting ancient artefacts that contained magic. It was the perfect life of leisure and action.

The reason Zeith awakened to possess such intelligence and magic lay partly due to his connection with the enchantress and the mystical, floating grimoire that was always in her possession. He came to own it after his master created a portal and disappeared through it to some unknown land without taking the grimoire with her. He found it chained down with pages ripped out that had spells to do with planes walking so it seemed to Zeith and the magic book that the enchantress did not want them with her or want them to follow her. The grimoire spoke to Zeith telepathetically, telling him where she went was extremely dangerous but without the pages it could not help him make a portal to their master.

Not knowing why she went there but deeply concerned, Zeith uses the magic in the floating grimoire to find clues about where the enchantress had gone and to learn spells to aid them on adventures that could lead to their master. He has many travelling companions because of being naturally charming(adorable) and social. While his main goal is to find the enchantress, Zeith's curiosity and whimsical nature leads him on many side quests. It's the magic grimoire that must constantly remind him of their ultimate goal.

Trait: I hide my fear behind a mask of pride and confidence. The attention I get from successfully fooling people thrills me.
Bond: The grimoire I call Book contains dangerous magic that even I am not powerful enough to learn, yet. My master told me to protect it with my life and I intend to. If I lose Book all is lost.
Ideal: Never bite the hand that feeds you.
Flaw: I am not as brave as I appear and I feel guilty when I realise I am distracted from a task. Which happens a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5329d58de15f5e5106073b159ee5e4c0.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	81264   Click image for larger version

Name:	28518395a61ee6e27f9477918e03c89a.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	81265  

Last edited by Sarsprilla; 08-12-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:58 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 108
Aoem Aoem
@Jrod,

Regarding Point Buy,

I know the goal is a 6th level build. 27 points @ the start. Excluding racial traits? Building from there with ability score bonuses.. So the number of points by 6th level would increase from the initial 27. . Is that the plan?

Last edited by Aoem; 08-12-2019 at 06:08 AM.