twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-12-2019, 06:49 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 981
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I just realized I'm still labeled as WiP. What should I do to complete my application?
Old 08-12-2019, 09:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 966
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Updated my app. Made Changes that fit the Inspiration better. I would love some feedback if you can.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1103
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
@Runetide - The reason is that your field set still clearly labels your application as WIP. If your done, please change that to Complete

@RedWolfe77 - Glad you made some updates. Ill check into it a little later.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoem View Post
@Jrod,

Regarding Point Buy,

I know the goal is a 6th level build. 27 points @ the start. Excluding racial traits? Building from there with ability score bonuses.. So the number of points by 6th level would increase from the initial 27. . Is that the plan?
@Aoem - 27 point buy upon creation. Level 4 gives most characters an ASI (Ability Score Increase) or exchange that for a FEAT. That will be the first possibility after level 1 in which to increase your attributes further than 27 point buy. Does that make sense?

And yes, 27 point buy is before Racial Traits

Last edited by Jrod; 08-12-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7787
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
{As Featured in Explosive Runes #24!}
"The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."

Last edited by Gaijin; 08-12-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Old 08-12-2019, 01:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Old 08-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7787
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
{As Featured in Explosive Runes #24!}
"The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."

Last edited by Gaijin; 08-12-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4764
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Application Status - Submitted for Consideration

Misery's application
left-aligned image

Character name: Misery
Race: Feral Tiefling
Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Role in party: Your thief in the night. The true trap finder and lockpicker.
Appearance: Misery is your standard tiefling with protruding horn-like structures atop his head. His black hair and red eyes give many people the shivers as it quickly reminds them that devils walk among them. He has an average height - about 5 feet, 8 inches and a small build. His stature allows him to hide among places that people would generally overlook. His darkened, ash grey skin is also a functional asset of his birth furthering his skills in stealth and subterfuge.
Background: Urchin
Personality Traits: I bluntly say what other people are hinting at or hiding. I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms.
Ideals:Change. The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down. Change is the nature of things. (Chaotic)
Bonds:I owe my survival to another urchin who taught me to live on the streets.
Flaws:People who can’t take care of themselves get what they deserve.
History: Misery is his name, and he comes by it naturally. Nobody, not even he, knows what his real name may be. Misery was orphaned when he was just a babe suckling at his mother's breast. Born in Magadescion to a simple merchant who dealt in leather goods, Misery lived a hard life. His parents loved him unconditionally even though their heritage was often met with disdain. One night when Misery was about two years old, some of the local ruffians from the the thieves guild tried to extort money from his father for 'protection.' Misery's father refused. In the early hours of predawn they returned and killed Misery's mother and father. Perhaps they did not have the heart to kill a baby or Asmodeus stepped in and saved the young tiefling, who knows.

Found by the city watch a few days later, Misery was alone and scared. He was turned over to a local orphanage where he would spend his childhood. There, he learned the harsh reality of the streets. Misery was a survivor and became adept at hiding and stealing whatever he needed, whether it be food, clothing, or trinkets. The orphanage kept him clothed and somewhat educated, but he knew that eventually he would be turned out. So, he prepared himself for the life ahead. He was recruited by the Twin Daggers, unknowingly the ones responsible for Misery's parents death. He quickly climbed the ladder within the nefarious organization and became one of the more profitable recruits for the guild. He was looked upon favorably as being a reliable contribution to their underhanded causes.

Then, he had learned the truth about his mother and father when one of the guildmasters spoke of local townsfolk refusing to make their 'protection payments.' He joked about the killing of the tiefling that ran an old leather shop so many years ago. Misery connected the dots and knew right away that it was this man who was responsible for the years of torment, punishment, and chiding that he had received as an outcast.

Misery snuck into the man's stateroom one dark night and executed him. He stood over the guildmaster's lifeless body and and just spat in his cold, dead face. Knowing that he would be tied to the murder, he fled Magadescion. He had to find his freedom from the menace that would be stalking his every turn.

In character sample writing:

Posting Rate: Multiple times during workday(M-F); once to none on weekends
Inspiration: Misery is inspired actually by Gambit from the X-Men. He has a mix of might and magic, but also lives in the shadows.
Extra Feat: Observant

Last edited by Shaede; 08-12-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 954
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
@Jrod

Is my application in the perimeter of your RP? I am still deciding whether to go all mystic or few levels in wizard too.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:41 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 108
Aoem Aoem
@Jrod, Yes! Crystal! TY
Old 08-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Old 08-12-2019, 09:51 PM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1985
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
After MUCH Consideration: APP COMPLETE!
right-aligned image
Name: Lorra Logansdottir
Race: Human (Variant; Feats: Tough, Alert)
Class: Mystic
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Party Role: tank/controller/healer/utility (in that order of priority)
Background: Traits:
I like strong drink and stronger opponents; they keep me from confronting my inner demons.
I expect danger around every corner.
Bond: A terrible guilt consumes me. I hope that I can find redemption through my actions.
Ideal: I kill monsters to make the world a safer place and to exorcise my own demons. (Good)
Flaws: I assume the worst in people.
Haunted One
Inspiration: X-23/Wolverine of the X-Men
Appearance: Striking grey eyes framed in feminine yet strong features prominently mark Lorra in a crowd of humans. She doesn't appear exceptional beyond that, however, so most people don't suspect that she's more than meets the eye unless they see her in battle. She often smiles, yet one would only take a few moments to gaze in her eyes to see that she is a haunted soul; plagued by a traumatic experience that only she knew. You wouldn't know it now, but Lorra's whole body and face was covered with numerous scars, a reminder of the horrors she had suffered under the ministrations of the illithid cult. Most of those scars have healed thanks to the powers she gained from the experiment, save one: a series of circular marks on the nape of her neck, easily concealable under her long, untied hair.

Lorra takes to wearing black leather most of the time, with form-fitting trousers and boots to match. She carries a crossbow on her back hidden inside her travelling cloak, and uses a spear as both walking stick and an extension of her arm.

Personality: Boisterous and fun-loving, Lorra can appear to most as loud, wild, and free-spirited; yet this is only a thin veneer to hide her true nature as one who is deeply scarred, both in her body and mind. Her true motivation is revenge, and in truth consumes her in both her waking and dreaming hours. The death of her father still haunts her memories, and she would see the cult responsible for it pay with their lives.

Lorra's vendetta makes her view of others more utilitarian than most, but the few who have connected with her are precious, and she would go out of her way to aid them whenever she would be informed that they were in danger. She wouldn't be called benevolent by any stretch, yet more often than not she does more good for others than she gives herself credit, and is as such regarded as a hero. Just don't say that word in front of her face; you'd be liable to have a broken jaw before you could close your mouth.

Backstory

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; 08-13-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:33 PM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 954
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
Old 08-13-2019, 09:41 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Introduction
left-aligned image
Ron Rama
Inspiration: Hellboy
Race: Feral Tiefling
Class: Fighter EK 4/ Barbarian 2
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Party Role: Tank, Damage Dealer, Strongman

Background: Haunted One
-Trait: I don't run from evil. Evil runs from me.
-Trait:I like to read and memorize poetry. It keeps me calm and brings me fleeting moments of happiness.
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:

Description

HistoryBackstory:

Last edited by JohnStone; 08-15-2019 at 03:33 PM.