User Statistics
RPXP: 3479
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
Call of Cthulhu

Game NameCall of Cthulhu
Game SystemCall of Cthulhu
ThemeSurvival Horror
Flavour1920's Mystery and Horror
Plot SummarySystem: Call of Cthulhu 7th ed.
Players: 3-5
Posting Rate: Variable (I try to keep place with players weekends optional)
To roll for stats before hand you can go here https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11677

Scenario:
Count Korisingraf's Collection

1920 Plymouth, Mass.

Salutations,

I am contacting you on behalf of the deceased Count Leopold Korisingraf. After weeks of arduous searching your name has come up as one of the preeminent individuals in your field or as one who can assist me in the matter at hand. Count Leopold has amassed quite the collection of antiquities and oddities from his travels across this great globe of ours. It was his desire to create a museum to display his personal collection upon his death. I would like to think I had a part to play in this decision. For decades this assemblage were for his eyes only. I have reminded him on more then one occasion that such things should not be kept away from the public rather displayed for the edification and enjoyment of all. It would have been a travesty to see these things hidden away forever. I digress...

During his last years Count Leopold had spent his days cataloging the items in his private collection. However, with such a vast amount and his failing health he did not complete his work and left a large portion unidentified. Count Leopold was very specific in his instructions that I find the best persons I could to help finish identifying the items and ensure they were displayed in a proper place and way. He had also spent an inordinate amount of his time searching for something within his collection that he was never able to locate and expressed a sincere desire for it to be found even after his death. I will speak more of this matter should I choose to take you on in his employ for this final task he has set forth. I assure you you will be well compensated for your time and efforts. Count Leopold has set aside monies for this purpose.

I look forward to speaking with you further and should you wish for me to take you into consideration for this once in a lifetime opportunity please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cordially,

Edward Fanbrick
Personal Assistant to Count Leopold Korisingraf

WANTED

The estate of Count Leopold is looking for stout individuals to move heavy-fragile objects, influential investors and learned members of society to assist in the Count's museum project. Any interested parties please contact Edward at 555-7301.

Scenario Briefing:
Players will be tasked with assisting in searching for and identifying objects within the warehouse sized building storing all of the Count's goods labeling them and preparing them to be shipped. A miscalculation on Edwards part has left little time for this huge task in fact there is only one full day remaining and the players will be asked to work through the night to finish as much as possible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Players:

New players to CoC are welcome.

Knowledge of the occult will be limited to what is known at the time. No real mythos knowledge to start but that doesn't necessarily mean you haven't stumbled upon a symbol or legend in your research etc... What they really mean is the part that remains unknown.

I am open to any professions but I am looking for at least one person who would be qualified to identify artifacts and old books. Overlapping professions are fine.

If you are applying for the professional part of the job you need not be the best in your field. In fact many may have felt spurned by the Count for not allowing them earlier access and refuse to participate out of principle perhaps leaving only the B tier lists willing to help. You may also be a charlatan looking to get the scoop or steal something. *If you wish to keep such duplicity a secret you may secret that part revealing only the public information*

If you are applying through the want ad describe who you are and your reason for being there.

*Journalists are not welcome. If you want to be one you have to fake your way in.

Character stat generation will be random. If you wish to know your numbers before you create your character let me know.

If you don't see a desired profession we can work to create it if you are accepted.

If I forgot anything just ask.

Player NameCharacter NameOccupation
DavloatDr. Small Archivist
ShadesoulLeon Graston ??
Mcderth"Dante" DelucaCriminal
rexlerleppThaddeus GreenleafPHD student
BookfellowReginaldOccultist
Ballon"Melvin" Buchanan PI
Lyserg Bandolia"Morty" IgantiusEngineer
ZinrokhHeinrich Von ReinhartMilitary
OneDarknessFather Niklas Missionary
Orgetorix Agent Wheeler Government Employee

Last edited by Anael; 08-19-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:36 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 128
Bookfellow Bookfellow
I started playing CoC back in 1988, with the boxed set, and have played on-again/off-again ever since. I am not entirely familiar with 7th edition, so I might need a bit of help with character generation. I do have a fairly solid idea, but if you're going with random character generation it might be best to do that first and adapt the concept to suit.

Old 08-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
No worries about any questions. I do agree about the stats but wanted to give the option. The background can always be tailored later on to match any stats.
*edited for secret to link

Last edited by Anael; 08-12-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Davloat Davloat
Name: Dr Theodore Small
Profession: Museum archivist/researcher
Appearance:A rather weedy man with salt and pepper hair and glasses.

Background: Dr Small has been a museum worker for nearly all of his life, he was always interested in history, though most of it has become dull to him, and he enjoys reading about and researching the bits of exciting history that make him remember why he loved it.

Reason for being there: An interest in the artifacts being moved, as well as association with the museum.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:38 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 130
Lyserg Bandolia Lyserg Bandolia
I've never played, but I've heard a lot about it and it looks like a lot of fun. So if you dont mind a brand brand new player I'll make an application once I read enough of the handbook in the next day or two!
Old 08-12-2019, 08:47 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
I have no problems with brand new players.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:04 PM
The Bird of the Hermes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 362
Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul Shadesoul
Definitely interested, though i will admit my familiarity with the system is limited. This will serve as a placeholder while I knock out a concept. I would also like my stats, to aid me if possible, thanks kindly!

Last edited by Shadesoul; 08-13-2019 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Tinkering with WIP app
Old 08-12-2019, 11:50 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15198
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
I do not have time to add another game, but I love Call of Cthulhu and you have my moral support.

Like a grey and awful primal form...
Old 08-13-2019, 12:03 AM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2103
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
I've always wanted to play, but have never gotten a chance. I'm definitely making something. Expect lots of newb questions for the next few days!

Application
Name: Duranti (Dante) De Luca

Profession: Criminal (Smuggler)

Appearance: Dante is a man of average height and build with olive skin, dark curly hair eyes to match. He always has a five o'clock shadow on his face and wears thin wire glasses.

Personality: Dante thinks of himself as a tough and rugged individualist and realist. He likes to do things his own way and 'to hell with the rest of you'. He thinks that his endeavors and exploits should be enough to make him more experienced and thus the natural leader of most everyone he meets. He doesn't like to take orders from anyone, but is smart enough to be a team player when it will get him what he wants, whether that's money or power.

Background: Dante was born and raised in Naples Italy. His father owned a night club and some of Dante’s earliest memories are from there, learning how to serve drinks and clean up after drunken patrens. His father was an abusive and vile man with a number of connections to the Camorra in Naples. Dante began working for them at a fairly young age, moving up within the ranks quickly. When the war started he took the opportunity to emigrate to New York just in time to get caught up in the Mafia-Camorra War. After the Canorra's dissolution Dante continued his work for the Sicillian Mafia as a smuggler of illicit goods. With the death of Count Leopold Dantie's bosses have sent him to help move the collection wherever they need it to go, and to make sure as many pieces "fall of the back of the truck" as he can.

Last edited by Mcderth; 08-14-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:42 AM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2103
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
The first draft of my application is up and ready for any review you're willing to give.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:15 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79
rexlerlepp
ApplicationName: Thaddeus Greenleaf
Profession: Student (PhD candidate in Ancient Greek history)
Appearance: Thaddeus is a fit 31 year old with brown hair and blue eyes. He dresses as like most students of the time and attempts to keep himself as sharp looking as possible. He believes that appearance are important.

Background: As a child Thaddeus was fascinated by the stories of Athens and Sparta. He devoured everything he could on the topic of Ancient Greek history. This passion got him through high school and college. It even carried him into his PhD program studying the same topic. It has been his singular focus for most of his life. So much so that he hasn't really made the time to fall in love, have a family, or do anything of the other things people his age (and younger) engage in. His only pursuit outside of Greek history is his weekly tennis matches. He truly enjoys the game has played it for years.

Reason for being there: When he heard from a professor that there was a chance to not only see but work with Count Leopold's collection there was nothing which could hold him back. For years, he and his professors have been attempting to get permission to view the collection but they had always been denied. This was his chance to see if the rumors were true and find out what the collection actually held.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:38 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
What I am going to do is provide all of you with a link to one of my old games. You can use the dice thread there to roll your stats before coming up with an idea or if you already have one you can get a better feel for the character. I'll also place it in ad on top.
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11677
@Mcderth
Looks good and a criminal element can definitely make things fun.

I'd ask everyone to give me just a little bit more of a taste of their personalities. This way we have a base to work off of. If the impression is of a sheepish bookworm I wouldn't expect them to act like Indiana Jones off the bat.

@Wodine: Thanks! So many years ago CoC was one of if not the first game I played on RPGX although the name was different then. It is still one of my fondest memories of this place.

Last edited by Anael; 08-13-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
ballon ballon ballon ballon
Anael - I played CoC some 30 odd years ago and have been looking to give it a go again. Would you be adverse to a pre generated character just for the stats and skills? The back story/personality/etc. would be done by me of course.

Last edited by ballon; 08-13-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:17 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
@ballon what type of profession are thinking of?
Old 08-13-2019, 02:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 367
ballon ballon ballon ballon
Essentially a Private Investigator - basically what I was thinking in a nutshell - hired because someone thinks that a couple of items stolen from them are in the collection of Count Leopold