Old Oct 14th, 2021, 10:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 363
Storyminder Storyminder Storyminder Storyminder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post
I have to withdraw. Vampires are pretty cool to me but I'm more of an action buff than political, social intrigue. And this might be difficult to do without the book. Thank you for consideration
Thank you for letting me know.
Old Oct 14th, 2021, 10:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
It's also one of the best ways to design Elder Vampires IMHO! Just whip them up using the Dark Ages book, then just give them the xp to indicate the passage of time, and bam. Elder vampire.
True dat.
Old Oct 15th, 2021, 07:18 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25271
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
The
left-aligned image
"I draw stories from the wood and the stone and the clay. The violence and terror of those stories speaks more of the world than it does of me."

Belyak of Valiska

Gangrel, Soldier, Craftsman, Sculptor

Belyak is fair-skinned, though not so much as his condition might indicate, with hair like straw in both color and coarseness. Hazel eyes peer over prominent cheekbones and a scruff of hair around his mouth and chin is too light to be properly called a beard. He is muscled from his time at war but it is more tone than bulk that makes up his wiry frame. He doesn't waste the fruits of his artistic labors on finery, keeping to the rough linens and leathers in the Ruskan style of his youth. He wears those in muted, earthy colors like browns and grays and rarely bothers to wash out the stains that his art leaves behind.

Personality

Reserved. Before the war, Beylak could wield his charisma like a knife. People simply made sense to him and working them was as easy as molding clay. The horrors he faced have caused him to withdraw from such interactions but the raw toolkit is still there. He can maintain an interested and ingratiated facade for an evening of drinks with someone interested in his art but it all feels like a structured game instead of an organic conversation. Avoiding conversation breeds loneliness and starves his mind of creative energy, pushing him to seek out exactly those things that plague him. He feels most comfortable engaging in situations where there is nothing at stake. Nobody needing to get something over another, no tense negotiations or setting of terms. If only those conversations weren't so rare in the modern world.

His desire to show the world's darker aspects makes people ill-at-ease, and he takes comfort in that. If he can shock someone with his work or his words he has exposed them to something new about their existence and that is the only way people can truly develop. While this hasn't made him a great many friends, it does offer a kinship with other who feel likewise and he's found himself in the company of more Nosferatu and Cappadocians than many vampires with centuries under their belts. He has a fond appreciation of those who look beyond the surface in a situation and those who withhold making snap judgments. He is just as likely to show that fondness with in-depth inquiries into someone's most tragic moment as offers of praise.

Backstory

In short, Beylak comes from a family of potters and found artistic expression early in his life. He acquired some amount of acclaim for his efforts in ceramics and sculpture but a stint in war with invaders from the south forever changed his worldview and gave his work a dark edge that made most uncomfortable. His time spent in solitude wandering the woods around his home brought him to the company of a Gangrel bandit named Hugar and they spoke at length over many nights about life and the world and what it all means. Hugar embraced Beylak and abandoned him, as their kind so commonly do, to make his way for a time on his own and learn who he truly is. Still an artist, Beylak moves around the Carpathian Rus and Hungary selling his works and taking patronage from those who will provide it while trying to uncover the true nature of a life where death is no longer the ending.

V:tM Experience

I've played a decent amount of Vampire in my day, but it's been a good many years since I've been involved in anything long term. I've run or played a dozen or so games in the World of Darkness and a few of those have been Dark Ages specific. I am only familiar with the Transylvania Chronicles on a surface level from having read the descriptions on the back of the books at some point.

Other

I was reading about the Gangrel and their belief that the days of adventure are ending and I really clicked with thinking about how that might drive one to seeking out as many experiences as they can before they can never be experienced again. The idea of seeking solitude while being required to interact with people because they patron your artistic work felt like a fun conflict to bring to a game with heavy social involvement. I'd like to explore moving from the Road of Humanity to the Road of Beasts (specifically the Path of Journeys). Giving up ties to the mortal world (particularly when one has fame and investment in it) in an effort to devote oneself to exploring all the experiences life can offer feels like an interesting story to tell.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; Oct 15th, 2021 at 07:21 PM.
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 12:21 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
WantGame WantGame WantGame
Whew! Pencil's down for my app as Grayce Dunsirn. Just done in the nick time too. Will do char sheet if accepted of course.

--Also, will see if I can find that anime again. Problem being it was on K--s anime and those sites come and go.

Last edited by WantGame; Oct 16th, 2021 at 12:26 AM.
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 02:35 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8191
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantGame View Post
Whew! Pencil's down for my app as Grayce Dunsirn. Just done in the nick time too. Will do char sheet if accepted of course.

--Also, will see if I can find that anime again. Problem being it was on K--s anime and those sites come and go.
I'm pretty good at finding stuff, what's the anime?
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 02:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Man, it has been a tough decision to make. I love all the characters presented, and I really wish I could have them all; unfortunately, 8 is too many for my comfort (I'm old school, though - TBH, more than none is too high for me )

After giving it considerable thought, I have chosen to go with the following PCs. Later this evening I will be creating an individual thread for players to track their own histories in (as well as stats in a secret textbox). I will also create a sort of "Session 0" thread where we can work out the nitty-gritty. You know, the "who knows whom and why he wants to eat her soul." That sort of thing. Finally, I will reveal the (few) house rules that I have (nothing major - I mean, aside from that moonlight burns vampires and sunlight makes them sparkle )

So, without further ado (and with apologies for being tardy), I bring to you... The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Coterie of Kupala. The End Times Posse? The Night Fangs? I dunno you people can figure that out on your own. What do I look like, an original thinker? (Although I do like Corterie of Kupala now that I say it aloud... has a certain ring to it )
  • Runetide, playing the roll of the Tremere, WALTER
  • WantGame, playing the role of the Lasombra, GRACE DUNSIRN
  • Longes, playing the role of the Cappadocian, CONRAD MIRSKOY
  • TheFinalNail, playing the role of the Ventrue, NISA CHONIATES
  • slapstick, playing the role of the Salubri, FATIMA AL-GHAZALI
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls: welcome to the night.
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 02:25 PM
Apathy is death

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 113
Longes Longes
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Most excellent!
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 03:40 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
WantGame WantGame WantGame
Woot! Grats to those who made it.

I like the Coterie of Kupala. But, maybe that is because I learned it was a Slavic holiday and here I am a Slavic / Baltic 'mutt' (Ukrainian, Croatian, Lithuanian, plus some others) by ancestry.
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 04:03 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42
TheFinalNail
Yay! I am so excited!

Coterie Names? Hmm...Societas Peregrinationis Braccae? No, that is Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Coterie of Kupala works but it needs to be in Latin! Coterie de Kupala! There, all betterfied!

Last edited by TheFinalNail; Oct 16th, 2021 at 04:04 PM.
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 04:04 PM
Apathy is death

Tools
User Statistics
Longes Longes
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantGame View Post
Woot! Grats to those who made it.

I like the Coterie of Kupala. But, maybe that is because I learned it was a Slavic holiday and here I am a Slavic / Baltic 'mutt' (Ukrainian, Croatian, Lithuanian, plus some others) by ancestry.
VtM's Kupala is a giant demon and has little in common with Ivan Kupala (aka John the Baptist).

That said, no objections to "Coterie of Kupala", but I'll think on some once we meet in the game
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Black Lives Matter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4570
slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick
Looks like your wish has been granted, Runetide! Excited to try out some Vampire with everyone.
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 04:43 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
Looks like your wish has been granted, Runetide! Excited to try out some Vampire with everyone.
The best of this is that the relationship between Tremeres and Salubri is absolutely terrible!
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 05:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
The best of this is that the relationship between Tremeres and Salubri is absolutely terrible!
... Just wait to see who your patron is.
Old Oct 16th, 2021, 06:08 PM
Apathy is death

Tools
User Statistics
Longes Longes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storyminder View Post
... Just wait to see who your patron is.
Is it Cain? It's always Cain, ain't it!