RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 11th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3557
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
Na'naya
Okay, that one will take a bit of thinking since my whole playbook is about the witch being alive and pushing me to some destiny that she sees and no one else does. Unless Na'Naya is the new witch in which case she would need to be a generation older to do the whole adoption thing.
Old Dec 11th, 2021, 05:00 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11859
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
I guess it depends how old he is now??

Na'naya is not older. Although they could still be linked through the Witch in a manner, perhaps both 'inheriting' the cottage. Na'naya could surely Push him in her own way.
Old Dec 11th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14871
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Hey GeneT. Thanks for the application.

As for the overlap on the backgrounds with the witch, I think they're both find as is. Anders could of had his interactions with the witch in the recent past, but her death could have been more recent. Perhaps he does not even know yet? Nothing we can't narrate around.
Old Dec 11th, 2021, 07:06 PM
Catchphrase!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1062
Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
I will create a second encounter, looking at the two encounters, they aren't a great fit. Are you supposed to be there? In your post, it sounded like the stranger got away without talking to you. I added this and Katrin's tournament to my character post and can retrofit if needed.
Donal only had to see the mysterious stranger, not interact, so I opted to leave it open for anyone who got involved (such as Anders sneaking or having a chance meeting?).
Old Dec 11th, 2021, 07:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3557
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Not a worry, just adjustments in thinking. I was thinking one of the main OOC plot hooks in the apprentice beast keeper's playbook was the disguised affection of the witch who has come around to thinking of him as her son (without letting him know or necessarily even admitting it to herself).

But there are many plot hooks that can work in many and various ways. As you say, you can write around most things.
Old Dec 11th, 2021, 10:19 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Zangul Zangul
COMPLETE

Character name: Duncan McClain

Playbook Rogue The Untested Thief

Description Duncan is a young man in his twenties. He wears a green tunic with black shirt under the tunic, black leather pants, and a pair of boots.

Personality: Duncan is a people person he will talk to anyone willing to listen. He likes to spend his time drinking and sharing his stories of his exploits even if the stories are not true.

History

My father George McClain was an outcast from the village. He would always tell me when I would ask "why we live in a hut on the outskirts of the village."His answer would "Be son you will hear tales, rumors lies and part truths about me. You believe what you want, but, the truth can be dark thing to learn." I never met my mother, I would hear people say she was a town wench. I also heard she was just a visitor to the village and just left after I was born, and left me with my dad. Dad would run off and do only what God knows, while I would go to the village and explore. Some of the town kids would fight with me cause I was either poor or because I didn't live in the village. I would hold my own. But, not everyone in the village shunned me like my father. I had friends. Even the old widow Mrs. Beatrice would ask me to help around her house to do chores. I did helpfully because she would tell me "Do not judge the son for the sins of the father." Now she didn't pay me coin, but she sure could cook up a stew, or soup. Sometimes when I would finish the chores she would have made me a new outfit.

Now when Mrs. Beatrice passed away when I was 12, I befriended John Smith the village locksmith. This is when I learned my trade of lockpicking. I learned about all sorts of locks. I would help with repairing, or replacing, and sometimes make ing locks. But, even then I didn't make much coin. As I got more into my teens 14 or 15 years of age I started boosting various things of off the travelers in town. See I had a belief or code of honor, don't steal from the village that raised me, instead prey on the visitors. Now we all have our first story and we all have our first failed try. This first time is no different. I made a mark to go after. He was an older gentleman maybe in his fifties. I figured he would be easy, boy was I wrong. No sooner I tried to reach for his coin pouch he grabbed my wrist I was caught and didn't even bat an eye when I gave the man a sob story, about being poor, and hungry, and as I keeps talking the man released my hand and gave me a few coins for bread and meat. He said "Boy just ask don't steal.". So we sat and talked, then Anya joins us at the table and bought a round of drinks. She listens to the stories of the old man and some of my exploits. Anya shared some stories of battle.

Now with all jobs failed and successful ones a like, there is one to be known as the greatest heist and this one is one for the books. I learned that the Order of the Black Rose had a temple in the next village. I made myself look like a begger and a bum. Made my way to the next village, looking around for hours I finally found the temple of the Black Rose. Walking up to the temple a guard stopped me. I simply just asked for shelter from the rain, for a homeless man has no shelter. After a few minutes of begging and pleading for shelter he let me in. Once inside I saw the most mysterious Idol. I just knew I had to leave with it. So I sneaked my way to it and swiped it and casually walked out and back to my hut. All with the Idol.

Last edited by Zangul; Dec 12th, 2021 at 02:58 PM.
Old Dec 12th, 2021, 04:52 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2324
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
@Silent Rain. We do not seem go get a trait as part of the playbook. Do we choose or is this something you assign once the characters are complete complete?

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old Dec 12th, 2021, 08:57 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14871
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Hey Zangul, thanks for starting an app.

Regarding traits, yes, all players receive a trait at level 1. This is not mentioned on the playbooks. Thank you DebRedHair for bringing that to my attention. I have also updated this is initial post instructions.
Old Dec 12th, 2021, 09:07 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Combat Expertise for Anya then. Explains why she is still alive

Old Dec 12th, 2021, 11:04 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul Zangul
So I am at the part where I need one of the other players help for my history or back ground.

This is what you gain

You fast-talked the mark and made nice. Your friend bought you both drinks and joined the party, and gains +1 Cha.
Old Dec 12th, 2021, 11:32 AM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
Anya ready for review. I have fitted in Katrin but could link with others if it makes sense to have a link between the 2 characters

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Dec 12th, 2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old Dec 12th, 2021, 11:52 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul Zangul
@DebiRedHair would you mind being the friend that buys a round of drinks and joins the party? If you do it's +1Chr.
Old Dec 12th, 2021, 12:54 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul Zangul
I'm done minus the friend link.
Old Dec 12th, 2021, 01:23 PM
Elegant Elven Redhead

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangul View Post
@DebiRedHair would you mind being the friend that buys a round of drinks and joins the party? If you do it's +1Chr.
Yes. Will write in tomorrow

Old Dec 12th, 2021, 01:31 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul Zangul
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiRedHair View Post
Yes. Will write in tomorrow
Sounds good thank you. Editing your character into my app.